Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd have been quite happy with him. Thought he did a great job at Ajax. Interested to see where he goes now.

West Ham if Bilic is sacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Fieldog wrote: »
    Whoever makes these videos has far too much time on their hands, but I think they are decent... :)

Brilliant. Love this kind of stuff, always good for a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

corwill wrote: »
    I thought it was more a "FFS Luis, it was funny the first 30 times" sort of reaction. Messi was "yep, every time, zzzz". Luis "enjoyed it just as much as the 1st time, haha".

Nice to see normal, low-key ar$eholery out of megastars.

Suarez - hey Neymar!

Neymar - What?

Suarez - Nothing! Ha ha!

2 minutes later

Suarez - hey Neymar!

Neymar -

Suarez - Hey Neymar, honest I'm not messing.

Neymar - What?

Suarez - Nothing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

De Boer
    A guy we were heavily linked with at one point has been sacked at Inter this morning ,
    Becoming a real graveyard for Good Mangers lately

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-wrong-joining-liverpool-says-11763082

LOLZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

“In January, you will have more of an idea about what we are trying to do"

Ouch.......

To be fair he didn't really say much wrong....unfortunate though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Every time I click on a link to the Echo, with all the crap that pops up, all I ever think of is this .......
    14a37c77d795d040bdb1f6aed1765cb9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    “In January, you will have more of an idea about what we are trying to do"

Ouch.......

To be fair he didn't really say much wrong....unfortunate though :pac:

By January he'll be so well rested, a triumph for periodisation. Raymond Verheijen will be tweeting approvingly. He'll be able to shop til he drops with his missus in the post-Xmas sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mosstin wrote: »
    Every time I click on a link to the Echo, with all the crap that pops up, all I ever think of is this .......
    14a37c77d795d040bdb1f6aed1765cb9.jpg

You think of the morning Dart from Bray to Tara street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Had to check the date on the other article about a mane injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/daveashy/status/793511340249845760
    Rumours of Virgil van Dijk from Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Story checks out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is he a lb ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

cjmc wrote: »
    Is he a lb ?

Centre Back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Replacement for Sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

8-10 wrote: »

Story checks out
    Maybe there is more than one player we can buy, save us from going back down there in the summer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Straight swap be ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Straight swap be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Van Dijk and Matip.

That's quite a pairing in the making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How about buying there goalkeeper as well while we are at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just watched Man City vs Barca there. City playing like they were a Klopp team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Barca do need Clyne .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barca do need Clyne .
    They will go for Darmian he is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Matip = the player i wanted/wished Skrtel to be.

Van Dyke = would be a quality addition. An excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

can we just buy the saints chief scout instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rob316 wrote: »
    can we just buy the saints chief scout instead?

We'll have him soon. As far as I remember the loyalty offers are: Three players, get a free scout. Four players, head scout and two tea-ladies. Five players, the entire scouting team and a video message from St Mary herself. Any further players bought gets you a newborn from the Le Tissier bloodline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

MD1990 wrote: »
    They will go for Darmian he is much better.

Best RB in the league. They are just minding him and playing Valencia in case he gets upset over something.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mourinho needs more time & more money.
    Unfair to judge him this season only paying 90m for Pogba,Mkhitaryan 30m & German POTY & Ibrahimovic is only 35 his best years will be the next few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pogba 100m
    Allen 13m

Allen could be one of the bargains on the last transfer window. He is performing like a 32m pound player. Stoke got a real good deal from us . We sold him so cheap considering Ibe made 15m .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Pogba 100m
    Allen 13m

Allen could be one of the bargains on the last transfer window. He is performing like a 32m pound player. Stoke got a real good deal from us . We sold him so cheap considering Ibe made 15m .

He's performing better than a 100m player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Pogba 100m
    Allen 13m

Think he'd only 1 year left and didn't want to sign another contract. Probably a good deal for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I know this is the wrong forum but can someone tell me how long does it take for membership card to arrive once ordered,I'm gonna order mine tomorrow to try get ticket for Swansea which go on sale on 16th of Nov,will I have my card by then,I'm hearing they are slow at sending them out

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know this is the wrong forum but can someone tell me how long does it take for membership card to arrive once ordered,I'm gonna order mine tomorrow to try get ticket for Swansea which go on sale on 16th of Nov,will I have my card by then,I'm hearing they are slow at sending them out

If its anything like ordering a jersey from their store you could be waiting a while....

For the accountants in all of us .............

FSG got lucky to an extent with the way transfer fees have risen but it's really a testament to them that we are on such a sound financial footing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Van Dijk has been my favourite CB in the premier league over the last 12 months, would love to see him signed, but htf would Micky Quinn have inside info on this?

• Advertisement

Would like us to sign Van Dijk. But he signed a 6 year contract last May so unless he has a reasonable release clause I can't see us signing him.
    He would probably cost 40m+ since Stones cost 50m & he is not as good as Van Dijk.

We probably do need a CB or two, to replace Sakho and I'd still hope that we upgrade Lovren over the next window or two. And we of course need a LB too.

You have to laugh at all the doom merchants who were bemoaning the lack of summer spending now, the armchair directors of football predicting a poor season for Liverpool because we didn't fall in with the herd by lashing out the TV money on massive fees and wages. We are doing it the right way at last, organically moulding a team of focussed players who want success.

I want to see the club flourish through hard work and guile, rather than the odious approach of playing a game of "fiscal chicken" which was advocated so vehemently by a cohort of our support. "If we don't spend X because they are spending X+1, we cant compete, blah"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

-£9.2m in the transfer market this summer and UEFA just released the figures for the UEFA Cup run and the club made just under £38m in prize & tv money.

Klopp along with winning a lot makes money everyone is happy fans and owners.

FSG will never bankroll us to the extent that we'll ever spend that X+1 or anywhere close to it under their reign, unless we generate that X+1 as a club.

• Advertisement

Have to remember FSG wanted to raise ticket prices until they were forced into scrapping that idea after the Sunderland home game. Don't think on the whole they are bad owners though.
    Also next summer unless Klopp can convince him to stay. I can see Coutinho joining Barca although FSG are good at getting good fee's for selling players.
    Suarez visiting Coutinho yesterday could well have been Barca starting their proposal for Coutinho to join next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Danny Ings has been ruled out for the rest of the season with another knee injury. Different knee than last time. Not an ACL but still a serious injury. His career could be short lived. Awful news for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ings' season over with another bad knee injury. Given his superb attitude for the U23s, I'm gutted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Brego888 wrote: »
    Danny Ings has been ruled out for the rest of the season with another knee injury. Different knee than last time. Not an ACL but still a serious injury. His career could be short lived. Awful news for him.
    Ings' season over with another bad knee injury. Given his superb attitude for the U23s, I'm gutted for him.

:mad::mad::mad:

Gutted for him, really unfortunate to see.

He has shown a great attitude since joining, I think everyone wanted to see him get a go of it.

Fingers crossed that he can overcome this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

garra wrote: »
    You have to laugh at all the doom merchants who were bemoaning the lack of summer spending now, the armchair directors of football predicting a poor season for Liverpool because we didn't fall in with the herd by lashing out the TV money on massive fees and wages. We are doing it the right way at last, organically moulding a team of focussed players who want success.

I want to see the club flourish through hard work and guile, rather than the odious approach of playing a game of "fiscal chicken" which was advocated so vehemently by a cohort of our support. "If we don't spend X because they are spending X+1, we cant compete, blah"....

We are 10 games in and things have gone brilliantly , but it is way to early to say that those worried about lack of activity in transfer window are wrong.

All we can say is they (me included ) are not right yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah jaysus, that's awful for Ings. I hoped he would finally get a stint on the bench and a few cameos under his belt to force himself into Klopps reckoning as a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

He was always gonna struggle for game time this season with Origi and Sturridge ahead of him on the bench. Awful bad luck for him though. Will be tough to get back playing at the top level again with practically 2 years out of the game.

He doesn't deserve that, but at least he won't want for nursing.

39A8EF2D00000578-3866466-Danny_Ings_was_all_smiles_on_the_Instagram_photo_taken_by_girlfr-m-88_1477301520953.jpg

That is Ings 4th serious knee injury. Looked on wiki he had knee injuries in 2011 (ACL) & 2012 (cartilage).
    He just has no luck at all. Feel very sorry for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement