Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Updated Liverpool fixtures

Saturday 1 October
    12.30pm BST Swansea City v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Monday 17 October
    8pm BST Liverpool v Manchester United (Sky Sports)

Saturday 22 October
    5.30pm BST Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion (BT Sport)

Saturday 29 October
    5.30pm BST Crystal Palace v Liverpool (BT Sport)

Sunday 6 November
    2.15pm Liverpool v Watford (Sky Sports)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

K-9 wrote: »
    Has it ever been on a Monday night before?
    We've a Friday night match as well against Chelsea IIRC.

The 3-3 draw where we were 3-0 down inside half an hour back in the 90s was a week day evening - not sure f ti was a Monday though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Damien360 wrote: »
    The code quoted for the LFC superthread boards league was not valid. Cannot seem to find another.

Sorry, driving. Check my post history, 2 posts back there's a new code edited into that post as I entered old code by mistake. Last I looked there's about 125 entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alex Miller
    @alexmiller73

Timings pushed back but formalities taking place today, medical then required, before @chrisbenteke leaves #LFC for @CPFC
    12:28 PM - 12 Aug 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Any idea of the fee?

Well their first offer was £27.5m plus £4m in add ons so hopefully it's not less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus we did all right there when compared to Carroll.

Now if we'd only stop making these mistakes in the first place.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The club are getting good at selling on, mind you 30m is not seen as a risk now.

Shows you how much the tv deals matter when Palace can match one of our highest paid players wages.

One thing I didn't know until last week is that the foreign tv money is spread evenly between all the clubs, whereas the Sky and BT money is staggered based on placings and tv appearances.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Shows you how much the tv deals matter when Palace can match one of our highest paid players wages.

One thing I didn't know until last week is that the foreign tv money is spread evenly between all the clubs, whereas the Sky and BT money is staggered based on placings and tv appearances.

In the UK Sky and BT pay what's called facility fee which in 2014/15 was 20m for Liverpool (8.8 for Hull by comparison) they got 18.7m in merit payment ( QPR got less than 2m) and the 22m that every club gets. Overseas slice was 27.8 for all clubs that year. LFC got 92.8m in total that year - this season the least that the club is likely to pocket is £138 million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Our preseason was in tents
    I expect we will be compact
    We'll be great in tight space
    And Arsenal will fall

But no marquee signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The club are getting good at selling on.

Yeah huge improvement there recently. It used to bug the hell out of me how we always got screwed when selling (buying too!).
    But lately we seem to stand firm as opposed to the old method of bending over.

I also like the way Klopp seems to be very defiant and stubborn when asked about the prospective sales and prices. It gives the impression that he's very much in control about the sales/fees.

That's new too.

In the relatively recent past you wouldn't have got that type of reaction from our managers as regards fees.
    It was usually a fobbing off response.

But now you're getting Klopp stating very confidently that nobody's going cheap, offers need to be improved etc.

It's a refreshing change.

Poor old Danny ings, being lumped in with Mario and Benteke.

Presumably he is counting Firmino as a striker as he mentions 6 strikers?
    I think he just named Ings without too much meaning to be taken from it...... " Balotelli, Benteke.......... all the other strikers......... Ings .........."...... wouldn't be reading into it at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Good article from the Guardian about our first game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/11/jurgen-klopp-no-excuses-liverpool-arsenal

Interesting that only 1 of the starting 11 from Klopps first game is gone (Skrtel) currently but most of the subs from that game are gone.

Dunno if this will work outside UK but sky released an app that allows you for free at the min at least to see all goals as they go in and get game highlights from the leagues they show, Premier League, Championship, League 1 & 2, Scottish leagues, La Liga, MLS, Eredivisie and International games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good article from the Guardian about our first game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/11/jurgen-klopp-no-excuses-liverpool-arsenal

Interesting that only 1 of the starting 11 from Klopps first game is gone (Skrtel) currently but most of the subs from that game are gone.

That bench has so much more depth in it that the one ofrm the Spurs game.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dunno if this will work outside UK but sky released an app that allows you for free at the min at least to see all goals as they go in and get game highlights from the leagues they show, Premier League, Championship, League 1 & 2, Scottish leagues, La Liga, MLS, Eredivisie and International games

Pretty sure it is UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal with two 21 year old center backs. We have so much options up front .
    We could slaughter them. Of course football is never how it seems to be on paper.
    It's so possible though, we could win this easily by 2 or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doesn't work for 3pm kickoffs AFAIK, those goals go up after the matches I think. Still a great app though by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Feels like Christmas Eve night here.:)

tinpib wrote: »
    Feels like Christmas Eve night here.:)

Still the 23rd for us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

5starpool wrote: »
    Still the 23rd for us though.

So its sorta like the 12 pubs of Xmas?...and I'm missing it

Is Benteke leaving today? There was rumours of him doing a medical yesterday or was that rubbish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Is Benteke leaving today? There was rumours of him doing a medical yesterday or was that rubbish?

Saw a tweet suggesting he was about to do a medical. Was hoping he'd have signed before today as I fancied putting him in my FF team. Think he'll do well at Palace if that's where he does end up. He'll probably become the new Gayle, against us at least.

mosstin wrote: »
    Saw a tweet suggesting he was about to do a medical. Was hoping he'd have signed before today as I fancied putting him in my FF team. Think he'll do well at Palace if that's where he does end up. He'll probably become the new Gayle, against us at least.

Yeah that might have been the tweet I saw as well...can't remember who tweeted it though.

I was at the Villa game a few years ago when they beat us 3-1 at Anfield and he was unbelievable that day. He hasn't been the same since the achilles injury...still a good player but just not for us. Also...he's got strangely skinny legs for such a big man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yeah that might have been the tweet I saw as well...can't remember who tweeted it though.

I was at the Villa game a few years ago when they beat us 3-1 at Anfield and he was unbelievable that day. He hasn't been the same since the achilles injury...still a good player but just not for us. Also...he's got strangely skinny legs for such a big man.

Might explain the lack of movement. If only he moved like Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So with the new season almost upon us is everyone happy and confidant with the squad we have? I think our attacking options are exciting but the rest is very ordinary,I think we might have an outside chance of top 4 but that's only cos we have no Europe,if we did I don't think we would have a chance or top 4, I hope we can keep the injuries down too,with a tough start i hope things don't look too grim after 5 or 6 games,then again could be a massive boost if we do well,please god let it be the latter,3pts against gunners would be amazing start

mosstin wrote: »
    Might explain the lack of movement. If only he moved like Borini.

Nobody moves like Borini! How dare you!

It just occured to me that it was here I read it..Harry posted it a few posts up. Bloody hell,me brain is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hector signed an a contract extension at Cologne till 2021 so it's either a sign he is staying or a buyout clause has been inserted I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So with the new season almost upon us is everyone happy and confidant with the squad we have? I think our attacking options are exciting but the rest is very ordinary,I think we might have an outside chance of top 4 but that's only cos we have no Europe,if we did I don't think we would have a chance or top 4, I hope we can keep the injuries down too,with a tough start i hope things don't look too grim after 5 or 6 games,then again could be a massive boost if we do well,please god let it be the latter,3pts against gunners would be amazing start

I think we have only marginally improved the first team. Was hoping we would sign a higher calibre of player. However, Klopp at the helm gives me reason to hope. We probably have the 5th or 6th best squad in the league but are in with an outside shot of top 4 because we don't have any European football.

Whatever about the rest of the transfers no LB is very worrying, and trying to be objective about it, there would have to be serious questions about the TC, Klopp and the finance guys if we don't get a reliable one.

Probably along with an upgrade on Mig the 2 areas needed addressing above everything else.

The rest I'm happy enough with but we need to cut down on brain farts at the back, and Moreno is the big contributing factor left from last season. (Mig is injury induced so gets a pass until he makes his first mistake! )

Not worried the window has two and half weeks to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Whatever about the rest of the transfers no LB is very worrying, and trying to be objective about it, there would have to be serious questions about the TC, Klopp and the finance guys if we don't get a reliable one.

Probably along with an upgrade on Mig the 2 areas needed addressing above everything else.

The rest I'm happy enough with but we need to cut down on brain farts at the back, and Moreno is the big contributing factor left from last season. (Mig is injury induced so gets a pass until he makes his first mistake! )

Or they're not prepared to buy someone for the sake of it. They have targets and they have a value on those targets. I think its pretty clear that Klopp doesn't think Moreno is as bad as people on here (and in the stands) seem to think he is. They're clearly looking for another option there tho and plenty of time for it to get done. To say serious questions need to be asked is just madness.

Personally i'm delighted with our summer business so far. I think we've bought smart in general and once you come to terms with the fact that we're not going to be buying ready made superstars the transfers all make sense. Even if you look at it from a perspective of Klopp wanting his players to play a certain way, when you buy a ready made player they have ideas ingrained in them, a style of play that helped them become successes, they won't be as open to a change in that as a young player trying to become all he can be. Now Mane might not be young but he has huge potential and his pressing stats are insane (which i didn't know until we bought him). These transfers are what we signed up for when we got Klopp in. And only a crazy person would think that that wasn't the best move we could have made.

The only transfer that confuses me is Gigi... but i hope to be convinced soon enough.

Ryan Kent creating chances for Barnsley - 1-0 up after a charging run.

Pretty sure it is UK and Ireland.

Just checking it again if you don't pay for sky you cant see anything until after 10pm

Just checking it again if you don't pay for sky you cant see anything until after 10pm

I do, and I input my skyid on the App. Still can't see any highlights or goals from anything?

I can't find the goals either on my Skyid

Lloris coming off for Spurs. Might still be out when we play them if he has a problem. The match might be missing Lloris and Loris.

I do, and I input my skyid on the App. Still can't see any highlights or goals from anything?
    I can't find the goals either on my Skyid

Reading more into it on a Saturday you will not get to see them until 5:15pm

• Advertisement

I like BT's score show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Danny Ward saved a peno just now, though goal was scored from rebound

Ryan Kent creating chances for Barnsley - 1-0 up after a charging run.
    Barnsley FC Verified account ‏@bfc_official 37s38 seconds ago

64 - POST! What a run from Ryan Kent who charges into the Derby half and shoots left-footed, but it cannons off the post and clear!

Kent Kausing Kaos.

Palace losing hopefully it stays that way and they come back in with the money for Benteke.

Edit: before Pardew gets sacked fans want him out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its like the calm before a feckin storm in here...

Or like the day before Kloppmass. Nothing stirred, not even a Sakho.

Reading more into it on a Saturday you will not get to see them until 5:15pm

I can see the videos now, but they won't play. Says 'There was a problem playing the video'.

Same for others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

I can see the videos now, but they won't play. Says 'There was a problem playing the video'.

Same for others?

I am seeing all the videos. About 3 mins per game. Not just goals but highlights. Really good content and no need to watch match of the day unless you want the analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its like the calm before a feckin storm in here...

Or like the day before Kloppmass. Nothing stirred, not even a Sakho.

I find that this thread does be generally quiet most weekends. Up on till KO that is.

Feeling fairly optimistic about tomorrows result, think we might just just sneak a win.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I am seeing all the videos. About 3 mins per game. Not just goals but highlights. Really good content and no need to watch match of the day unless you want the analysis.

Still not working for me. I thought it might be because of my VPN, but on mobile network getting the same message.

• Advertisement

Anyone who isn't Harry want to start the match thread? Less than 20 hours to go!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement