Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A good post, not a great one for me.

Ye It wouldnt quite make it into the Utd threads best posts;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It was done in the United thread a year ago tbf.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd fans, always living in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »

VVlldHi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Moving on from funny pictures and the fact poor Rayne has got more mentions on here than Moreno, are we confident about Sunday?

I actually think Watford will be a hell of a test myself. Good side these days.

Can't see any reason to make many changes so lets hope we can kick on.

Can or Wij is the big question for me. I think Can will drop to the bench for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It didn't want to win it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Moving on from funny pictures and the fact poor Rayne has got more mentions on here than Moreno, are we confident about Sunday?

I actually think Watford will be a hell of a test myself. Good side these days.

Can't see any reason to make many changes so lets hope we can kick on.

Can or Wij is the big question for me. I think Can will drop to the bench for this one

Have a feeling Deeney will score anyway. As per usual, we'll concede, but hopefully manage to outscore them.

Karius to make one world class save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I am confident against any team at home, if it was Watford away on Sunday I would be worried.

My cousin was over in my parents house earlier, he's what 16 or 17, united supporter. He says to me - "How do you do it?" I says do what?

"Support Liverpool for 20 years without winning a league?"
    "I don't think I can support United much longer"

I just laughed.

I was thinking then, my brother and friends have been watching a lot less of them lately, I ask them about the United game and the usual response is "Didn't see it, I heard they were ****".
    I have never known any form of league success, I started in 95. It must be hard on them going from decades of success to the what I call the Liverpoolisation.

The Hodgson reign was genuinely the only time I didn't want to watch Liverpool, but I did anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I definitely fell off a slight bit when Rafa left, don't recall much of Hodgson's reign at all but maybe that's my mind keeping me safe from the memories. It was a depressing few months for Liverpool but once Dalglish came back I was right back in.

It is mad to see people just leave as soon as the poor performances start, have a friend who's all preachy about the League of Ireland and supporting our own and whatnot, only started following the league a couple into Moyes' campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

x43r0 wrote: »
    Say the line Rayne!
    5201588172_a366bef4a9_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Rayne Wooney viewpost.gif
    To be honest, I didn't want to win it anyway.

gQhwuLf.png

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

5starpool wrote: »

200.gif#23

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rob316 wrote: »
    My cousin was over in my parents house earlier, he's what 16 or 17, united supporter. He says to me - "How do you do it?" I says do what?

"Support Liverpool for 20 years without winning a league?"
    "I don't think I can support United much longer"

I just laughed.

I was thinking then, my brother and friends have been watching a lot less of them lately, I ask them about the United game and the usual response is "Didn't see it, I heard they were ****".
    I have never known any form of league success, I started in 95. It must be hard on them going from decades of success to the what I call the Liverpoolisation.

The Hodgson reign was genuinely the only time I didn't want to watch Liverpool, but I did anyway.

Similar age to me when Liverpool stopped being good (I was 13 when we won the league last). As you say, Hodgson was the worst by far, but I still watched even though early on I hated him. I never considered not supporting LFC though.

Anyone who gives up on their team after a few slightly less successful years should be eternally reminded of it when they suddenly remember they are fans when they win things again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just realised we not playing till tomorrow, wtf is that about,we're off all ****ing wk just let us play on a Saturday ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just realised we not playing till tomorrow, wtf is that about,we're off all ****ing wk just let us play on a Saturday ffs

All round bad day for football. Chelsea Everton may be a decent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I thought we were playing today as well :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I really wish we could go back to having all the games on a sat,fair enough let the teams playing wed or Thursday night of Europe play Sunday but otherwise just stick to saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Money. That's why you'll find us often shunted to a Sunday and more than occasional/annoying Monday even though there's no European football. The demand is for us to be on the box as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

You still found something to moan about. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Michael Edwards will have an opportunity to make a name for himself as our first "Sporting Director" by giving us a Xmas gift of a winger, in light of Ings & Mane absence in a busy January schedule.

I'd say Klopp has the target identified and queried already, we won't have heard of him and he won't break the bank. The deal will be done on Jan 1st and we will have posts bemoaning the lack of last minute galactico transfers on Feb 1st.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/04/jurgen-klopp-ings-mane-liverpool-january-transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Sure half the league are playing in europe these days, that's why there's so many games on a sunday.

Its a winger Klopp wants, says we have enough strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If its a winger then i reckon its pulisic at dortmund that we are back in for. Would not be too expensive either.

Can also see us going back in for dahoud of gladbach. I really hope the rumours are true about us being in for virgil van dijk who is a beast of a centre half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sure the winger will also be a replacement for Coutinho in the front 3 who is going to join Real or Barca in the January transfer window.

City &
    Chelsea play home games today. Hopefully one of them drops pts

Would be good to see some points dropped and then to take advantage tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    If its a winger then i reckon its pulisic at dortmund that we are back in for. Would not be too expensive either.

Can also see us going back in for dahoud of gladbach. I really hope the rumours are true about us being in for virgil van dijk who is a beast of a centre half

Pulisic seems to be getting a good few games for Dortmund this year. Looks an exciting player though.

I'd love to see Dahoud come though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

United have now become everything they mocked.

Spending money like City.
    Aiming for top 4 like Arsenal.
    Go on about history like Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »

I don't think Pulisic will move in January, he's getting regular first team football at Dortmund which is what he wanted.

United fans now indulge in enjoyable recollections of past events while they sip there drinks down the pub, chatting about the good olde days, but then realizing they're all under 27 years old.

rob316 wrote: »
    Its a winger Klopp wants, says we have enough strikers.

Yeah we have enough up top already.

However, I think Sturridge will move on in the Summer and we'll buy a forward then.
    A forward, not a striker. Not a goal poacher who does little other than put the ball in the net coz that's just not our game.
    Someone who's a busy bee, works his socks off and moves and runs all over the shop.
    Basically, another Firmino.
    It's just the way we play.

You could shove Gary Lineker or Robbie Fowler in their prime into our current team and I still don't think they'd work out.

Mental as that sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

United have now become everything they mocked.

Spending money like City.
    Aiming for top 4 like Arsenal.
    Go on about history like Liverpool.

I wouldn't be writing the obituary just yet.

You could shove Gary Lineker or Robbie Fowler in their prime into our current team and I still don't think they'd work out.

Mental as that sounds.

Indeed, so too Van Persie, Rush, Henri.... the likes of Cole & Shearer too.

So Klopp knows only one way.
    I would worry if Firmy or Cunty got injured for a few weeks.

The last game Firmino didn't start was Chelsea, we won that. The last game Coutinho didn't start was Leicester, we won that.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Augeo wrote:
    Indeed, so too Van Persie, Rush, Henri.... the likes of Cole & Shearer too.

I wouldn't include Rush in that group, that man worked as hard as Suarez, he was a defenders nightmare and was unreal at winning the ball back from defender's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I wouldn't include Rush in that group, that man worked as hard as Suarez, he was a defenders nightmare and was unreal at winning the ball back from defender's

I was just going to post the same thing.

I remember an interview with Dave Watson (ex Everton defender for those of you under 25) and he referred to Rushie as Liverpools best defender as he wouldn't give opposition players a second on the ball.

Any of the players from 80 to 89 seasons would have fitted in perfectly to the current set up. Liverpool played a high pressing game long before Kiopp did and we had our most successful period while employing the high press.

You don't need to be the most skilful player in the world to work hard and hassle the crap out of opposing players when they are in posession of the ball. It does help to be able to thread an inch perfect pass or bend one in from 30 yards when you do win it back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love a player like Rush or Aldridge in this team we would have our 25 goal a season striker poacher right there.

Both those player could Gegenpress before it became hipster phrase/term to use.

Should consider Traore as back up in January. Raw but incredible potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »
    Should consider Traore as back up in January. Raw but incredible potential.

Which one? Bertrand, Adama or the other Adama? There's a lot of promising Traores! :pac:

Ah no, that's not what I meant. Klopp is far from being a one trick pony, very far from it.

All I was saying is that our system works better with Firmino as a forward than it would with a less mobile forward.

It's hardly a ground-breaking claim, you've seen us with Firmino versus us with Sturridge for example.
    That's not a dig at Sturridge either btw, it's just down to the fluid system that Klopp likes.

Yeah it would worry me too if Firmino or Coutinho were to get injured for a long spell but you could say that about any team if one of their best players were to be missing for a bit. C'est la vie.

We have Origi and Sturridge to come in if anything happens and most teams would love to be in that situation.
    But for me, Firmino has become arguably our most important player.
    Not our "best" player, but most important imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Which one? Bertrand, Adama or the other Adama? There's a lot of promising Traores! :pac:

Surely he meant Jimmy.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Adama Traore who plays with Middlesboro. Incredible pace & dribbling ability.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Surely he meant Jimmy.

Ah Jimmy was the man!

If ever there was a fella worthy of his champions league winners medal then it's our Jimmy.

You have to hand it to him. When you look at all the wonderful players who have never won the champions league, but Jimmy did.

Even getting told to go for a shower at half time in the final couldn't stop him!

Legend! :)

(earned and deserved it more than that fecker Kewell anyway)

De Roon goal for Boro!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Go top tommorrow

MD1990 wrote: »
    De Roon goal for Boro!!

haha, get in there! I was sure City would win that one. Fair play to Boro.
    Draws away to Arsenal and Man City in the space of a fortnight is some going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Here's hoping for an entertaining 0-0 tomorrow in the North London Derby

As is always the case with results like that, tomorrow is now HUGE. Arsenal playing Spurs tomorrow is dropped points for our rivals no matter the result, we have to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

niallo27 wrote: »
    Go top tommorrow

Into the international break would be sweet

• Advertisement

arsenal playing spurs. chelsea vs everton.

someone is dropping points, any win at all tomorrow please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement