Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How's his work rate?, classy player like, but he best be able to bust his bollox for 90 minutes.

Definitely doesn't have the defensive stats to match our lads but that's mainly because it's not how West Ham play. Any time I've watched him, including against us, he's been a willing running and very aggressive to get the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NukaCola wrote: »
    Danny looked sharp enough when he came on.....could have had a few also, thought he done quite well.
    Karius also had a good game but wasn't really tested, same with Lucas at CB.

Why isn't he getting injured anymore. Was a lot of it in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolutely delighted with today's result. And also delighted with everyone sharing the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Massive test of our mentality now knowing we can go top. Will be a big indicator of our progress today.

Test passed with flying colours

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    No match thread for Swansea Utd game. Times are changing

You must be so upset. No where to spout your knowledge except the Liverpool thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You must be so upset. No where to spout your "knowledge" except the Liverpool thread ;)

Says the man whose first instinct is to post in the Liverpool thread following a utd win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yea, clinical might not be the correct word but in terms of goals scored we are clinical enough.....I wont get into the semantics of it but we are top scorers in the league and while we dont score in every attack, who does?

I think volume and quality of chances we create is like nothing else in the league.
    I don't know of a time when we were ever this good while being so profligate.

There were periods under Rodgers and Kenny when we were making loads of chances, hitting the woodwork a lot, but we weren't doing that and being top of the league.

I think it's most important that we're creating lots of easy goals as a team. The work goin on in the training field and the chemistry between the whole front 6 is excellent and that's got staying power, whereas just being based around a talented 1 or 2 doesn't.
    It's the most important step to us being a top attacking team.

If we had a top class striker I think we'd be getting talked of as definite favourites for the league even with our defensive problems.

Currently we're spreading the goals around really evenly. I can't think of any team that's ever done that for the whole season, and certainly not to the level that we'd need to compensate for our defence.
    Can we get 50+ league goals split between Firmino, Coutinho and Mane? At the rate they're going we won't be far off. It's tough to expect it for the whole season though.
    That reliable top class goalscorer, who doesn't need us to necessarily be playing to the level we currently are to get us over the line, is all we're missing from an attacking sense.
    If we keep playing to this level, even with injuries and Mane buggering off to Africa, then so much the better, but usually teams need to mitigate against that kind of thing to win titles.

We have never at any stage in my life been in this position in an attacking sense. It's always been a case of overeliance on a few individuals.
    To have got there this quickly is brilliant mangement by Klopp.

Says the man whose first instinct is to post in the Liverpool thread following a utd win.

Doesn't happen too often the last few years.

Great day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You must be so upset. No where to spout your knowledge except the Liverpool thread ;)

Ah he got ya good there Mick! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Most Points.
    Most Wins.
    Most Goals.
    Most Goals from inside the box.
    Most Goals from outside the box.
    Most Shots.
    Most Passes.
    Most Distance covered.

Most Lovely.

least amount of clean sheets.

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah he got ya good there Mick! :)

Disagree marty, but I'm fighting a loosing battle in here anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we are good at the football

5 goals and 6 assists for Coutinho in the league this season, which translates to a goal or assist every 71 minutes.

Not to mention Firmino with 5 goals 5 assists, and Mane with another 6 goals.

A ballsy move to jump in here after we win though, have to give (a tiny amount of) credit for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Missed the game, how did Can play??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why isn't he getting injured anymore. Was a lot of it in his head.

Dunno tbh, not getting enough game time, plenty of rest, may be over some of the injuries.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5 goals and 6 assists for Coutinho in the league this season, which translates to a goal or assist every 71 minutes.

But he's no Martial or someone, so they say.

In fairness, he's helped a lot by the movement of the others not allowing him to get stuck taking on two defenders very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

hefferboi wrote: »

Misplaced 2 or 3 passes in the opening 15 mins but that aside he was very good.

Anyone hear the chants of "If we still had Suarez he'd be on the bench" from the crowd today?......

Also there's not nearly enough love for Gini Wijnaldum in here, delighted for him getting his first goal today.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

need them wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dunno tbh, not getting enough game time, plenty of rest, may be over some of the injuries.....

Or was it klopp telling him to cop the **** on and get playing football.

I'd really doubt that.
    Not as many minutes means less chance of picking up injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lucas was invisible throughout.
    Great showing at back.
    I did not notice a thing wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

hefferboi wrote: »

Started terribly giving the ball away constantly for the first 10 minutes but improved a lot after that. He often seems to start games slowly for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lucas was invisible throughout.
    Great showing at back.
    I did not notice a thing wrong

He did nearly murder one of Watfords forwards with a lunge but a mixture of his boyish charms and the amount of time the ball spent in play after the advantage given meant he got away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great thing about this Liverpool team is everyone is creating and scoring goals. Firmino with 1 goal and 2 assists today. Coutinho with 1 goal and 1 assist. Lallana with 2 assists. Mane with 2 goals. Can with a goal. Wijnaldum with a goal. Last game both centre-halves scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    He did nearly murder one of Watfords forwards with a lunge but a mixture of his boyish charms and the amount of time the ball spent in play after the advantage given meant he got away with it.

I winced when I saw that. If he made contact it was a straight red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Great result today.

https://youtu.be/Xu9YjlZkCtw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The "front three" have scored 18 times and assisted 18 times. Unit!

Gbear wrote: »

I'd class the likes of that as sh1t happens / it's football :)

No player has the perfect game every game.

Lucas did well today at CB for us and I dread seeing his name on the teamsheet at CB (or anywhere really tbh) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Only downside to this Liverpool team is that you can't have 4 of them in your FF team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    Only downside to this Liverpool team is that you can't have 4 of them in your FF team.

Front 3 are in mine and I swap the captain between them each week :D all considered midfielders for FF as well which is even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

No, but when you've Mane, Coutinho and Firmino in your "midfield" it feels good.

If Liverpool should have the title wrapped up with at least one game to spare (yes yes I know!) I'd love to see

Karius
    Clyne---Matip--Lovren--Moreno
    Can
    --Mane----Firmino---Coutinho
    Sturridge--Origi

and just go for it!

• Advertisement

Couldn't say, Danny has been handled well IMO being reintroduced to the team after injury, not rushed back, minutes have been managed well, I'm not a sport scientist so not sure what else is being done tbh.

He has lost his place since though but we dont miss him as much as we did. I doubt Klopp says much to him on injuries really, he has built a different type of attack, whether thats a result of not trusting Danny or not being able to rely on him or just having other players more suited to his plans than Sturridge is anyones guess i suppose.

I haven't felt this confident in a Liverpool team since Rafa was regulatory getting us top 4 in the mid/late noughties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

On this day in 1986 Alex Ferguson was appoint manager at United, so it's ironic that we find ourselves on the perch today, at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Another win and top of the table for the next two weeks.

Makes the international break much more bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Liverpool should have the title wrapped up with at least one game to spare (yes yes I know!) I'd love to see

Karius
    Can
    Sturridge--Origi

and just go for it!

For God sake, Harry! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

It would be great if Mane could retire from International football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Karius
    Can
    Sturridge--Origi

and just go for it!

Nice line-up but I'd have Grujic and Lucas at centre half and Sakho in goal.

sabat wrote: »
    Nice line-up but I'd have Grujic and Lucas at centre half and Sakho in goal.

I was thinking about Mignolet but didn't want to push it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Quite funny I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm disgusted with our wastefulness today. That conversion rate has to be relegation form.

Record Breakers. (We can still use this 80's BBC show as reference can't we?)One of the few BBC shows from my childhood not tainted by scandal.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/795303391757008897
    17 - Liverpool recorded more shots on target today than any other team has managed in a PL match since Opta records began (2003-04). Top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That 'meg/assist from Bobster for the 5th...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Our chance creation is quite jawdropping. In a normal game, when a team misses a few early chances - as we did - you'd think 'They'll regret missing those' - but with this team, you just think that there's a plethora of other chances coming regardless. It is remarkable to watch.

Our chance creation is quite jawdropping. In a normal game, when a team misses a few early chances - as we did - you'd think 'They'll regret missing those' - but with this team, you just think that there's a plethora of other chances coming regardless. It is remarkable to watch.

During the commentary on Sky the lead voice opined two or three times just that sort of thing, what was even more stupid was that he was saying it after only 15 mins, by the 28th Liverpool were 2-0 up. You could see the squeeze being applied (this goes back to what was being talked about here yesterday) Klopp's Liverpool are not full on for 90 mins they work in phases gradually applying pressure until they breakthrough, once Mane scored I was confident of a win.

Oh yes for those who likes the "par" system, mini table

Ref8_S4z.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement