Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

5starpool wrote: »
    Anyone who isn't Harry want to start the match thread? Less than 20 hours to go!

Its up!

Quick copy and paste job.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its up!

Quick copy and paste job.

Thats not one of Harrys innuendos.

• I come in peace.
    Where has niallo27 been??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I come in peace.

Not sure. Ask the Arsenal lads, he's usually over there.

:pac:

• 5starpool wrote: »
    Not sure. Ask the Arsenal lads, he's usually over there.

:pac:

Nope found him in the Utd thread

Let the fun begin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can you at least leave the crap in the match threads as it gets really annoying with each main thread trying to ruin the others main thread. Both the UTD one and the LFC one go off tangent for about 3 days when the sniping starts. Makes reading the main thread a pain in the arse.

• Damien360 wrote: »
    Can you at least leave the crap in the match threads as it gets really annoying with each main thread trying to ruin the others main thread. Both the UTD one and the LFC one go off tangent for about 3 days when the sniping starts. Makes reading the main thread a pain in the arse.

Jaysus chill out, wasn't trying to ruin the thread. Nobody sniping at anyone. niallos a howl and was wondering because I hadn't seen him post in ages that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Most people's idea of fun on a saturday night is not looking for another poster to argue with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its no fun without name bets.

If Origi scores 15 goals this year, I'll change my name to Divock K'Origi.

If Pogba scores 15 goals this year, I'll change my name to Louis Van Gaal's Pogballs.

If both of them score 15 goals or more, I'll change my name to the name of choice of the Boards Soccer forum.

Open to alternative bet offers.

• MD1990 wrote: »
    Most people's idea of fun on a saturday night is not looking for another poster to argue with.

You are making a meal out of absolutely nothing. Best that I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »

If Pogba scores 15 goals this year, I'll change my name to Louis Van Gaal's Pogballs.

If both of them score 15 goals or more, I'll change my name to the name of choice of the Boards Soccer forum.

And if Liverpool finish inside the top four, I'll stand outside the gpo naked.

Also, were you not to change your name?

If its league goals, I'd say you're sticking with Knex.

Divock might come close to 15 in all competitions but the other lad be lucky to reach 7.

MD1990 wrote: »

In fairness.. Niallo27 loves the match threads for the odd row.

Saying that he'd probably argue that he isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Sturridge stays injury free this season, I'll break both my legs with a hammer.

Now that's a fitting bet, (K)nex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lineker naked on MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Charlie19 wrote: »
    In fairness.. Niallo27 loves the match threads for the odd row.

Saying that he'd probably argue that he isn't.

With himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lineker naked on MOTD

Wot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wot?

Linekar said that if Leicester won the league he'd do the first MOTD of this year in his undies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I come in peace.

I am back, only really like chatting in the match threads. Hard to get into a argument when nothing is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they both score more than 15 why don't you change your name to Knex (drop the silent K)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pepsi Granola
    ''they played well, they deserved to win, they this ,they that ,they...''
    Hate to see that from a manager , it's 'WE' .
    We deserved to win, we deserved to beat Sunderland, WE !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Nothing to frighten us yesterday, a draw for everton/spurs was a good result. City won unconvincingly ,Chelsea,united and especially arsenal to go today/monday.At least one will look like they will be pl champion but alot of twists along the road.Hopefully win by at least two and we could be top of the table for a week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well if we are going to beat Arsenal tomorrow, it should be by at least two with the makeshift defence they'll start with. So, if our attacking players are sharp, I don't see any other outcome than winning by at least two goals. If they aren't sharp, we mightn't score at all. We're just that sort of team.

If we lose to that Arsenal side though, I'll be bitterly dissapointed. It's set up really well for us.

4-1 Liverpool!

Our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well if we are going to beat Arsenal tomorrow, it should be by at least two with the makeshift defence they'll start with. So, if our attacking players are sharp, I don't see any other outcome than winning by at least two goals. If they aren't sharp, we mightn't score at all. We're just that sort of team.

If we lose to that Arsenal side though, I'll be bitterly dissapointed. It's set up really well for us.

Thta makeshift defense will probably go all out and have the gme of their lives.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Points dropped all over the place yesterday but we haven't dropped one yet.

Our year, lads, our year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Points dropped all over the place yesterday but we haven't dropped one yet.

Our year, lads, our year...

We're unbeaten all season. #immortals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

martyos121 wrote: »

aye was thinking the same thing however, it was set up for Leicester yesterday and they blew it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pepsi Granola
    ''they played well, they deserved to win, they this ,they that ,they...''
    Hate to see that from a manager , it's 'WE' .
    We deserved to win, we deserved to beat Sunderland, WE !

Imo I prefer "they". After all it's the players who go out and win....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Imo I prefer "they". After all it's the players who go out and win....

With the complete support of the training staff and manager.......I personally dont mind the we/they but it feels a bit distancing if a manager says "they". You win as a group and lose as a group top down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Seems Ings is starting for the under 23's today. Thought he'd be in the squad for the Arsenal game. Bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Seems Ings is starting for the under 23's today. Thought he'd be in the squad for the Arsenal game. Bit strange.

Hopefully it is just to build fitness. But to be fair if he wasn't looking at getting playing time, it's better that he plays for the resies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Is Lucas fit for today? I know his transfer was pulled but no idea on his fitness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp seems a stickler for full match fitness if you are going to be involved. Must feel Ings isn't quite there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool u23s Starting XI vs Southampton: Grabara; Randall, Brewitt, Maguire, Hart; Williams, Virtue; Wilson, A Phillips, Woodburn; Ings

Soton leading 0-2 after 21 mins.

Just seen that Bolasie is having his medical at Everton so hopefully all systems go for Benteke this week.

• Advertisement

Liverpool Virtue signalling?

Ibey starting for Bournemouth! Go on my son!

Brad Smith on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Have 2 memberships in the house that have had little use the last few years, was intending to start looking for tickets on additional members/ late returns sales this year but seems now you have to have a liverpool address for this. am i missing something or whats the point paying for the membership.

Apparently Ibe is Bournemouths record signing at £15M!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

poolboy wrote: »
    Have 2 memberships in the house that have had little use the last few years, was intending to start looking for tickets on additional members/ late returns sales this year but seems now you have to have a liverpool address for this. am i missing something or whats the point paying for the membership.

I gave up on it a couple of years ago, it's a racket.

• Advertisement

Does that mean sturridge is in the squad or is benteke there also

sword1 wrote: »
    Does that mean sturridge is in the squad or is benteke there also

No it means Firmino will start and Origi will be the striker sub.

No it means Firmino will start and Origi will be the striker sub.

Probably means when klopp mentioned balotelli, benteke and ings he meant that ings is for sale also, looked so good pre injury he must not have fully recovered

He clarified that remark, Ings is not being sold, just isn't fully up to Klopp-spec yet.

He clarified that remark, Ings is not being sold, just isn't fully up to Klopp-spec yet.

OK thanks, always thought a fit pre injury ings would suit klopp style, hopefully he can get back but it seems an awfully long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Interesting that there's no Can in the starting lineup.

Obviously he's played a lot, went to the Euros so for this kind of game maybe Klopp doesn't think he's quite ready.

Edit: The full lineup

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Mane, Firmino. Subs: Manninger, Can, Origi, Matip, Stewart, Grujic, Alexander-Arnold.

Cp0zWPIXgAA014k.png:small

Cp0y75WWgAERnU6.jpg:small

No striker either team,not too often you see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think we can consider Firmino a striker, not natural but well capable.

Super attacking team, I worry a bit at how open our defence looks, well on paper at least......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement