Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Knex. wrote: »

Missed some sitters too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    So if Ozil is a genius on 100 minutes, what's Countihno? Algernon?

He's the Dumbledore of the Premier League. He's a fcuking wizard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mosstin wrote: »
    I've also been very critical of Lallana in the past - mostly justified I feel - but he's been phenomenal and, above anything this year, he's been so consistent. Hard work plus end product.

I think a lot of it is fitness and simply having a role to play in a system . Too often under Rogers it seemed like they were simply told to go out and play with little eamwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/795673956040765440

Philippe Coutinho is now just one goal away from being the all-time Brazilian top scorer in the Premier League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Philippe Coutinho is now just one goal away from being the all-time Brazilian top scorer in the Premier League

Too inconsistent.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/795673956040765440

What Shirley, it's Oscar?

Klopp, Rafa & Rodgers all leading in their respective leagues......fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

NukaCola wrote: »
    Too inconsistent.....
    Nowhere near as good as Anderson. He is a completely different level. He won the golden boy award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

noodler wrote: »
    2 points clear on November 6th.....

We aren't talking about being 12 points clear at Xmas here.

Utd were top after the first game so they must have bottled it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is not Rodgers bashing but leading in Scotland with either of the 2 only good teams in that league doesn't count. Any fool could manage that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damien360 wrote: »
    This is not Rodgers bashing but leading in Scotland with either of the 2 only good teams in that league doesn't count. Any fool could manage that.

Nope, any fool wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And to be fair 10 wins and 1 draw is a pretty great record in any league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

cjmc wrote: »
    Too often under Rogers it seemed like they were simply told to go out and play with little eamwork

When I saw the "Being Liverpool" doc I cringed a little at Rodgers instructions to the team. A bit waffly, plus very difficult to understand for me as a native English speaker never mind for the foreign lads.

I'm certain Klopp is a lot more focused.

I cant say Rodgers is leading the Scottish Premiership because it doesn't count according to you?

I thought it was a nice post to just say 2 former managers and our current manager were all currently top of their leagues......dont understand your need to pull me up on it.......a real miserable thing to post.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't know why you're getting so excited about them leading the fair play league table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stewart, TAA & Woodburn all due to sign new contracts this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Talisman wrote: »
    But ...

Jesus:eek:

I know Pleat is a bit stuck in his ways and very much Spurs-centric now, but to be that superficial is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

1 game less played than the 2nd place team, yet already 10 points ahead of them. I think that's pretty impressive myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Especially happy these 3 are getting new contracts, could be fantastic players in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's the Dumbledore of the Premier League. He's a fcuking wizard :pac:

Is he the seventh son of a seventh son?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Is he the seventh son of a seventh son?

Yes I do believe so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nope, any fool wouldn't.

Sure you could!

We could help you with selections as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Also check this video , i cant embed on board.
    Sexy football 101 :)

Best attacking team in the land - Pt. II. Just a matter of time until we smash someone by 8 or 9.

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/795672473773756416

Signed

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/242420-trio-commit-long-term-futures-to-lfc-by-signing-new-deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

dfx- wrote: »
    I know Pleat is a bit stuck in his ways and very much Spurs-centric now, but to be that superficial is remarkable.

In fairness a lot of the big games that he clearly missed earlier in the season would have been early kick-offs and it's not easy being up so late at night keeping your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing kerb-crawling market and then getting out of the sack early in the morning to watch football!

Of course that's if he's still into all that these days............ Football I mean.

So the all time Brazilian top goalscorer is Juninho, remember him? Also, what I didn't realise was Coutinho and Juninho are cousins! :eek: So Coutinho is going for his cousins record!....

mosstin wrote: »
    Yeah, mentioned this last week. David Pleat is a very naughty boy.

I put it down to being really lazy.....such a cliche comment he obviously just said it as a default.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Some of those chances I had actually forgotten about, as we just had so many. Completely forgot that Coutinho hit the bar in the first half, for example.

We honestly could have scored 12. Totally ridiculous.

Firmino, Coutinho and Mané have scored the same amount of league goals as United and more than Spurs so far this season........probably wouldn't get in to either squad though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

K-9 wrote: »
    Only thing is we were a bit blessed to play Arsenal and Chelsea at the right times, but they still did the job in 2 of the toughest fixtures there is in the PL.
    By the same token were Tottenham blessed to play us in August and not September/October? We played them off the pitch for a large period of the game but couldn't score the crucial second goal.

Arsenal had an advantage over most of our other opponents in that they played against Moreno - his two defensive mistakes in the first half gifted them a penalty and a goal. At the other end of the pitch they had a makeshift defence. The red machine sparked to life for 20 minutes at the start of the second half and Arsenal were 1-4 down. As a team they haven't been that impressive this season apart from the 3-0 win against Chelsea.

Chelsea were 'title contenders' when we played them, they had dropped their first points of the season in their previous game against Swansea because they failed to take their chances when 1-0 up. They went 2-1 down and fought back to 2-2, they were not a team in crisis. Ancelotti feared our attacking play and that was transmitted to his players.

Liverpool have yet to be troubled by a team in the league, we lost to Burnley in a game we totally dominated but couldn't score a goal. The Tottenham game was on the back of that, and since then the attacking play has clicked together nicely apart from the game against Mourinho's parked bus. After the Man Utd game, Klopp was disappointed with the game management of the players. He said they wasted energy for no reason in the first half, energy which would have been of better use to them in the second half. Another lesson was learned.

Liverpool are currently top of the table on merit. In terms of targets for this season, we are in the driving seat to secure a top four place, 5 points clear of fifth place.

Talisman wrote: »
    Ancelotti feared our attacking play and that was transmitted to his players.

Hopefully we get to play Bayern in the CL next year, so. :p

Knex. wrote: »
    Hopefully we get to play Bayern in the CL next year, so. :p
    That's what comes from having a Conte vs Ancelotti discussion with somebody while typing a post. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pleasantly surprised that a Spurs reject has managed to become a very decent squad player for us. Glad we've got him nailed down.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-gives-liverpool-players-break-12142509

Week off for anyone not on international duty
    That is good of Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

In work yesterday and a few of the lads working with me we're saying how Liverpool are playing great stuff but one or two injuries from falling off the pace. I couldn't have disagreed more. Mignolet as back up keeper, klaven and Lucas as back up centre halves, moreno as back up full back, gini/can and Lucas as back up in midfield and then we get on to origi and Daniel fcuking Sturridge as back up for our front 3. We've never had as good a squad in ages and would say other teams would struggle much more with injuries than us.

• Advertisement

Lallana is key. Would not want to lose him for a long period

I keep forgetting about Origi, actually.

So the all time Brazilian top goalscorer is Juninho, remember him? Also, what I didn't realise was Coutinho and Juninho are cousins! :eek: So Coutinho is going for his cousins record!....

Thats class!

Juninho was a top lad too.

More interested that Joe Gomez is returning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mind blown that I hadn't heard about Juninho being his cousin! Decent bloodline of talent there!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Big fan of tobys play on words, his portmanteau, his puns, the whole lot, a cunning linguist, Pepsi Granola a current fav.

Big fan of tobys play on words, his portmanteau, his puns, the whole lot, a cunning linguist, Pepsi Granola a current fav.

Claudio Ranieri will never not be 'Cloudy N' Rainy' in my head, because of Toby.

Lallana is key. Would not want to lose him for a long period
    What about Milner and Clyne? The backup on the left is Alberto "Gift the opposition at least 2 goal scoring chances" Moreno and on the right is the promising but still developing Alexander-Arnold. I wouldn't want to have to rely on either for an extended period of games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I've always assumed he took a huge dose of mescaline 5 years ago and never quite came down fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's a valuable member of the thread. Cloudy N Rainy is my favourite too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

klose wrote: »
    In work yesterday and a few of the lads working with me we're saying how Liverpool are playing great stuff but one or two injuries from falling off the pace. I couldn't have disagreed more. Mignolet as back up keeper, klaven and Lucas as back up centre halves, moreno as back up full back, gini/can and Lucas as back up in midfield and then we get on to origi and Daniel fcuking Sturridge as back up for our front 3. We've never had as good a squad in ages and would say other teams would struggle much more with injuries than us.

A quick perusal of the Utd thread would confirm this generally accepted view that LFC do not have the squad strength to maintain the title challenge, with the pressing game of Klopp cited as the driver of this viewpoint.

I don't agree with this view myself, with exception of centre-half and winger I think we are well stocked for a tiitle challenge (and Klopp is bringing in another winger in January). The common misconception of opposing fans is that Klopp is out there cracking the whip, doing double sessions and flogging the players to get them ready to run like greyhounds on a Saturday, when the opposite is true. The background team are well aware of how much to push players and how to keep them fresh for matchdays ... While the pressing game - when done correctly - is not about wasting energy but is more about co-ordinating action across the team.

I think we - the royal "We" of all Pool fans, should nod sagely and quietly agree that the squad does not have the depth required and keep our heads down, dampening title hopes and expectations.

Let there be plenty of doubters elsewhere though, for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

lads wats the story with Ojo ..does anybody think he could be good cover for Mane when he heads off to Afcon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

locked 1 wrote: »
    lads wats the story with Ojo ..does anybody think he could be good cover for Mane when he heads off to Afcon

I think he deserves a chance in the system at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

locked 1 wrote: »

Injured isn't he?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement