Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sardar Azmoun, the Iranian Messi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ryanair having a 'trump' sale, booked flight from dublin to liverpool the weekend of the spurs game in feb, over fri nite back mon eve for €37, same flights for weekend of Swansea game in jan is €42, other weekends and times/days available if anyones interested...

Now to acquire tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd prefer the next Suarez than the next Messi myself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd prefer the last Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Gbear wrote: »
    Mane (including him missing nearly a third of the season)

Whats he actually going to miss?
    Sunderland away 2/1/17. (Might be negotiable being 13 days before their first match, not sure if that's allowed any more).
    FA Cup 3rd round 7/1/17.
    MUFC away 15/1/17.
    Swansea home 21/1/7.

FA Cup 4th round 28/1/17. (Senegal last group match is 23/1/17 so back if they fail to qualify from group).
    Chelsea home 31/1/17. (Definitely back if they lose in group, possibly back if they lose in a quarter final on 28/1/17).
    Hull away 4/2. (Will only miss if they reach semi).

Possibly two midweek semi-finals of EFL Cup also.

So it might just be 2 league games, probably 3, worst case 5.
    Group opponents are Tunisia, Algeria and Zimbabwe; first two are solid enough. C'mon ye North Africans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

International breaks are always a pain in the hole but at least tomorrow night at 11.45pm we can watch Coutinho and Firmino run rings around Marcus Rojo and Pablo Zabaleta during Brazil V Argentina. Be interesting to see them take on Mascherano too, doubt he has the legs anymore to contain our wunder Brazilians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    International breaks are always a pain in the hole but at least tomorrow night at 11.45pm we can watch Coutinho and Firmino run rings around Marcus Rojo and Pablo Zabaleta during Brazil V Argentina. Be interesting to see them take on Mascherano too, doubt he has the legs anymore to contain our wunder Brazilians.

Is any channel showing it this side of the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is any channel showing it this side of the world?

I wouldnt know, I prefer the thought of Rupert Murdock spitting out his coffee at Skys latest viewing figures so I just paddle my own little boat on my own little stream

Always love a Brazil Argentina game, saw them play each other a few years back and it was the most manic terrace Ive ever been on. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    I've never heard of him either but he's not completely under the radar it seems........"The Iran international has carried his goalscoring form into Rostov’s Champions League campaign this season, playing an influential role in their progress through the qualifying rounds with goals against Anderlecht and Ajax and also scoring against Atlético Madrid in last week’s group game."

....... "Azmoun has been linked with several Premier League clubs, Everton and Stoke City among them, having impressed for the Russian club since a controversial move from Rubin Kazan"
    Signing Azmoun in January is a potential nightmare because there's a dispute over which club owns the player.

FC Rostov initially loaned him from Rubin Kazan in early 2015. He then joined them on loan again for last season. Last summer, FC Rostov claimed to have activated the buyout clause in his contract and he remained with the club for this season. Rubin Kazan have disputed this with FIFA and FC Rostov filed their own claim with CAS. CAS have ruled that the player should remain with FC Rostov until the case is resolved, which is expected to happen at the end of the season.

His release clause was reported as €6M when Stoke City were linked with him last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's all perfectly poised now.

After all the years of waiting, we will be on course to win the league in early May with West ham and Middlesboro left to play and then BANG.......

Trump will get the hump with something and push the nuclear button.

I'd stick a few quid on it as a double, but sure what's the point, I wouldn't get to collect!

Makes no difference - nothing's getting past Matip.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    And with Coates I always felt that signing him had something to do with keeping Suarez company, kind of in the same way Suarez got Ajax to sign Nicolas Lodeiro as soon as he moved there.
    At the time of his transfer he was seen as one for the future. Tim Vickery and Gabriele Marcotti discussed it on the BBC Football Podcast and they both thought he need to spend 2/3 seasons in one of the smaller European leagues such as Portugal to develop and acclimatise to the European game before moving to the Premier League. Vickery made the point that Liverpool had previously made the same mistake of bringing the player directly to the Premier League with the signing of Gabriel Paletta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sardar Azmoun, the Iranian Messi...

Granted I only watched the first 60s but he looked more Iranian Aspas than Iranian Messi :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just watching Sky Sports News. I never realised Cresswell was a Scouser.

Dont agree with the ragging on Markovic. He was a good young player Rodgers brought in and then ****ed around. He looked promising again when he had, what, two substitute appearances in a row?

People drew a line under him after he got sent off against Basel but he actually came on in that game and added a bit of life to what was a horrible, damp squib of a match.

Id love to see Klopp bring him back in and train him. I'll trust his judgement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

J Mysterio wrote:
    Just watching Sky Sports News. I never realised Cresswell was a Scouser.

We released him as a youngster no?

...... didn't he get sent off very very very shortly after coming on.

The only bit of life he added to the game was a 5 yard sprint & the red iirc.

Both Rodgers & Klopp reckoned he wasn't needed / not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    ...... didn't he get sent off very very very shortly after coming on.

The only bit of life he added to the game was a 5 yard sprint & the red iirc.

Both Rodgers & Klopp reckoned he wasn't needed / not good enough.

Was on 15 minutes. Had been decent, added a bit of a spark and pace to things, then got sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That red card was a terrible call from the ref.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

We released him as a youngster no?

Yep. He was let go at 15, he had been a centre mid up to that point.

Picked up by Tranmere and was converted into a left back before going to Ipswich and West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Was on 15 minutes. Had been decent, added a bit of a spark and pace to things, then got sent off.

He started the away game against them and was utterly muck...though everybody bar Lallana was that night! Came off late on for Ricky Lambert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Granted I only watched the first 60s but he looked more Iranian Aspas than Iranian Messi :pac:
    Yeah, same thing struck me:D

Some good touches and some very bad ones but the lad is young and one match is a small sample size, tbf.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dont agree with the ragging on Markovic. He was a good young player Rodgers brought in and then ****ed around. He looked promising again when he had, what, two substitute appearances in a row?

People drew a line under him after he got sent off against Basel but he actually came on in that game and added a bit of life to what was a horrible, damp squib of a match.

Id love to see Klopp bring him back in and train him. I'll trust his judgement though.

Klopp had him for an entire pre-season and played him in some games. If he had no problem then telling him that he wasn't part of his plans, that's good enough for me. I hope it works out for him somewhere, but by all accounts he isn't doing great this season or last on loan, so he will not be a Liverpool player for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Iago "Corners" Aspas got a call up to the Spanish squad.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

NukaCola wrote: »
    Iago "Corners" Aspas got a call up to the Spanish squad.....

shows how much Spain have lost their way in recent years!

shows how much Spain have lost their way in recent years!

Ah dont be like that :pac:
    He's in great form apparently, fair play to him IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ah dont be like that :pac:
    He's in great form apparently, fair play to him IMO

:D haha, Ah tongue in cheek really, yeah he's been doing great with Celta and apparently 6 goals already this season so fair fecks to him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Anyone hear about isreal wanting to sponsor us and put logos onto our jerseys

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/11/10/liverpool-could-sign-deal-with-israel-and-wear-star-of-david-on-kit/

sorry lads just heard its BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Coutinho starts, Fun Bobby doesn't.
    No Aguero for Argentina.

Alisson; D.Alves, Miranda, Marquinhos, Marcelo; Fernandinho, Paulinho, R.Augusto; Coutinho, Neymar; G.Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Think this is another silly decision by the club. It may not do any damage to the pitch, as its only a one off but why take the chance. We've been a while waiting for a new surface at Anfield and now to allow a Rugby game is just stupid imo.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/796745031029817344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Peru vs Brazil at 02:15am GMT on Wednesday, that's nightmare stuff for Philly and Bobster to be ready for the 3pm Saturday game at Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Still reports of the chinese interested in buying a stake/full control of the club. Initial bid of 800 million pounds

tinpib wrote: »
    Peru vs Brazil at 02:15am GMT on Wednesday, that's nightmare stuff for Philly and Bobster to be ready for the 3pm Saturday game at Southampton.

It is. They will presumably be back on Merseyside on Thursday morning I'd hope. Last time this happened, Firmino started, Coutinho didn't. Same this time probably. We beat Leicester 4-1 that time I think.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Think this is another silly decision by the club. It may not do any damage to the pitch, as its only a one off but why take the chance. We've been a while waiting for a new surface at Anfield and now to allow a Rugby game is just stupid imo.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/URL]

Yeah, not happy with that. It will damage the pitch for sure. Also, just doesnt feel right to be 'renting' out Anfield. Thats hallowed turf ffs!

ricero wrote: »
    Still reports of the chinese interested in buying a stake/full control of the club. Initial bid of 800 million pounds

Pssh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/796745031029817344

Don't see what the big deal is myself - we've played host to one rugby league team already this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah, not happy with that. It will damage the pitch for sure. Also, just doesnt feel right to be 'renting' out Anfield. Thats hallowed turf ffs!

I do hope it's just a once off and they don't start letting Anfield out to all type of events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Coutinho puts Brazil ahead v Argentina.

https://vine.co/v/5IzhEPz6KZ9

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yep. A lovely Philly autumn 2016 special.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus. First time posting on my phone. Will delete those multiple posts in due course.

Someone give tinpib a belt there, he's stuck on repeat......

daithijjj wrote: »

https://vine.co/v/5IzhEPz6KZ9

What a ****ing goal!

Now we have to win the league!
    And then Champions League next season!

We have a lot of very good players in very good form with a very good manager, we need to make hay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Coutinho is in the form of his life. My god that's an absolute screamer. Too inconsistent though......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Funes Mori with the 'dirt' on Coutinho just then. What we do miss is someone who can dish out 'straighteners'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gonna have a nightmare time in the summer holding on to Coutinho in the form he's in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Vicxas wrote: »
    Gonna have a nightmare time in the summer holding on to Coutinho in the form he's in.

If there is champions league football on offer it should make it easier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

niallo27 wrote: »
    If the champions league football on offer it should make it easier

Barca or Real come calling and he will be off, champions league or no champions league

Barca or Real come calling and he will be off, champions league or no champions league

Real have a transfer ban thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think there is a lot of love for Klopp there and he might give another year or so or maybe I am just being naive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement