Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

5starpool wrote: »
    Real have a transfer ban thankfully.

Turan went to Barcelona when they had a transfer ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Coutinho nothing player sure he can't get into the worst Brazilian team of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Think this is another silly decision by the club. It may not do any damage to the pitch, as its only a one off but why take the chance. We've been a while waiting for a new surface at Anfield and now to allow a Rugby game is just stupid imo.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/796745031029817344

There's no scrums in rugby league and that's what causes the damage to the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Vicxas wrote: »
    Gonna have a nightmare time in the summer holding on to Coutinho in the form he's in.

Imagine how the Inter fans feel. All they got was 8.5 mill for him and the fans themselves even protested about the sale at the time.

I think if we get top-4 this season and ideally win a trophy then he'll stick with us for at least another season or two.

He'll want to see that we're able to match his ambitions though, or he will be off sooner or later.

Ye I think we will get this year and next out of coutinho. I think the fact the world cup is in 2018 will help with him staying another year. If we don't get cl this year it may be a different story though.

• Advertisement

Ye I think we will get this year and next out of coutinho. I think the fact the world cup is in 2018 will help with him staying another year. If we don't get cl this year it may be a different story though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't imagine most players wanting to sit out half the season before they can be registered to play. If Barca don't go for (and get) him next summer, and they may not because they still have money issues I think in some regards, then it'll probably be Real in 2018 unless a new shiny thing comes along before then that they move onto, which will hopefully be the case.

Either way, hopefully we can make the most of this season anyhow when we still have everyone. If we can keep most of our important players fit we are in a great position, so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coutinho will stay for one more year I think, obviously CL is a prerequisite but that was probably already the case, of course Klopp and FSG might be happy to let him go for

73089995.jpg

and promote Ben Woodburn! :pac:

Coutinho will stay for one more year I think, obviously CL is a prerequisite but that was probably already the case, of course Klopp and FSG might be happy to let him go for

73089995.jpg

and promote Ben Woodburn! :pac:

I can't imagine most players wanting to sit out half the season before they can be registered to play. If Barca don't go for (and get) him next summer, and they may not because they still have money issues I think in some regards, then it'll probably be Real in 2018 unless a new shiny thing comes along before then that they move onto, which will hopefully be the case.

Either way, hopefully we can make the most of this season anyhow when we still have everyone. If we can keep most of our important players fit we are in a great position, so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Naively, I think that CL football and having Firmino around might help us keep Coutinho another year or so.

His experience with Inter might also work in our favour as well, and make him think twice about making a move to Barca or Real right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well, we don't need the money, so they better be planning on stumping up some serious cash if they want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Their transfer ban expired during the aeon between your two postings 5tarpool.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Well, we don't need the money, so they better be planning on stumping up some serious cash if they want him.

If the player kicks up a fuss, it ties your hands somewhat - ala Suarez. Still, you'd be expecting 60m in today's market.

If he can wait another year and approach something like Gareth Bale's level of consistency whilst at Spurs, and also demonstrate he can do it in the CL, then who knows.

I'd say that we all want him to stay over taking the money, such is the financial stability of the club and our prospects of getting another spectacular match winner in the mould of Coutinho again any time soon. He's only now properly taking up the mantle that's been idle since Suarez, and to an extent Gerrard, left.

Knex. wrote: »
    If the player kicks up a fuss, it ties your hands somewhat - ala Suarez. Still, you'd be expecting 60m in today's market.

If he can wait another year and approach something like Gareth Bale's level of consistency whilst at Spurs, and also demonstrate he can do it in the CL, then who knows.

I'd say that we all want him to stay over taking the money, such is the financial stability of the club and our prospects of getting another spectacular match winner in the mould of Coutinho again any time soon. He's only now properly taking up the mantle that's been idle since Suarez, and to an extent Gerrard, left.

Yeah I can't disagree with any of that; tbf to Suarez he stayed for the additional year so if Cout can reach that level in the next 18 months I'd hate to see him go but you couldn't stand in his way. Admittedly you dont want to see your team lose their best players, but this is how it works in the real world.

Sure who knows, they all look to be enjoying life at the club under Klopp, he may not want to go.

Their transfer ban expired during the aeon between your two postings 5tarpool.

Huh?

Didn't the appeal for the 2 Madrid clubs get rejected in September? Did CAS take their side? I thought it would apply for the next 2 upcoming windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Think this is another silly decision by the club. It may not do any damage to the pitch, as its only a one off but why take the chance. We've been a while waiting for a new surface at Anfield and now to allow a Rugby game is just stupid imo.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/796745031029817344

Rugby league is not like rugby union with rucks and such

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah I can't disagree with any of that; tbf to Suarez he stayed for the additional year so if Cout can reach that level in the next 18 months I'd hate to see him go but you couldn't stand in his way. Admittedly you dont want to see your team lose their best players, but this is how it works in the real world.

Sure who knows, they all look to be enjoying life at the club under Klopp, he may not want to go.

I can't imagine Coutinho will reach Suarez level in terms of goals and assists. I hope I'm wrong (for us anyhow, if he leaves I don't care much). This isn't to say that he isn't and won't continue to be a very important player for us as long as he stays, but to expect anyone to reach Suarez levels of a goal a game and an assist 2 from 3 games is pretty unrealistic.

If he can settle to be scoring/assisting 25 goals a season in general, which he is on target for this season, then I will be delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Huh?

Didn't the appeal for the 2 Madrid clubs get rejected in September? Did CAS take their side? I thought it would apply for the next 2 upcoming windows?

Twas a bad joke, referencing your post posting twice an hour apart.

Transfer ban remains in place. boards.ie servers remain fcuked.

I can't imagine Coutinho will reach Suarez level in terms of goals and assists. I hope I'm wrong (for us anyhow, if he leaves I don't care much). This isn't to say that he isn't and won't continue to be a very important player for us as long as he stays, but to expect anyone to reach Suarez levels of a goal a game and an assist 2 from 3 games is pretty unrealistic.

If he can settle to be scoring/assisting 25 goals a season in general, which he is on target for this season, then I will be delighted with that.

Yeah youd be looking at that being at that level relative to his position on the pitch; Suarez was a bit of a one off in that respect as a striker, but if Cout can bring that level of play to the AM role he's operating in now... bit frightening to thing. Great thing is that, he seems to be thriving in the current set up. Would he have that at Barca? Very possibly with that front 3.

• Advertisement

For us though, Coutinho is very much part of a front 3 in general. He can play further back, but I don't think he is near as effective there. If he went to Barca next summer then Neymar, Suarez, Messi all still start in the front line so he'd have to be deeper, possibly similar to Lallana now at Liverpool. While it would likely still work, it would still be different to their current setup I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Unfortunately I think we have to have to accept that we wont hold on to our best players. Enjoy them while they are here I think. Maybe that changes with Klopp over time but we'll need to start regularly qualifying for CL and being successful regardless. For some players even that may not be enough.

I dont want to sound so negative about it but its probably reality right now. However Klopp has shown we dont rely on just one player as we maybe did in the past, so we may not be in as much trouble if it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Barca want Coutinho they need to stump up Suarez & cash in exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The simple fact is the best players in the world want to play for Barca and Madrid so if they come in for a player no one can blame a player for wanting to go there.

Right now what Liverpool have to do is update Coutinho contract to reflect his performances on the pitch give him the wages that put him in the top bracket alongsie the lines of Sturridge and extend his contract and also add a crazy buyout clause Madrid put Bales at 1 billion euros.. that just might scare off a cheapskate bid.

The club should also start negotiating contracts with other key players like Firmino and Can who has only 18 months left on his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He is actually had Suarez levels of goals and assists per game this season!

But yeah, it isn't even a third of the season yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lads,do they accept debit cards when booking tickets online?

shamrock55 wrote: »

Yes, that's what I've used in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Buying tickets from LFC directly?

Yeah I don't see why not. I'm 90% sure I've used a debit card with them at some stage

they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Rugby league is not like rugby union with rucks and such

Yeah, its shoite!

The simple fact is the best players in the world want to play for Barca and Madrid so if they come in for a player no one can blame a player for wanting to go there.

Right now what Liverpool have to do is update Coutinho contract to reflect his performances on the pitch give him the wages that put him in the top bracket alongsie the lines of Sturridge and extend his contract and also add a crazy buyout clause Madrid put Bales at 1 billion euros.. that just might scare off a cheapskate bid.

The club should also start negotiating contracts with other key players like Firmino and Can who has only 18 months left on his.

Apparently being sorted at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks for the reply lads,I'm hoping to get some tickets nxt wk for a couple of games in the new year,it's been a while since I've been to anfield

Some news on a dreary international weekend.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/796862255816130560
    Liverpool goal tally of 40 through 14 games highest in 121 years for the club.

:D
    Greetings to @roberto_firmino from cold Estonia, tried your hairstyle today in the training, looks great now only things missing are the mad skills 😀⚽😂. Tervitused Roberto Firminole külmast Eestist. Proovisin su juuste stiili tänasel treeningul. Tuli hästi välja, nüüd on puudu ainult sinu hullud oskused. 😃⚽😂#firmino

15056779_787373358033106_5339069254337560576_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4MTI1MTQ4MTQxMTI4NjY4NA%3D%3D.2

Thanks for the reply lads,I'm hoping to get some tickets nxt wk for a couple of games in the new year,it's been a while since I've been to anfield

Enjoy! Always good to see Irish lads sorting their own tickets directly. It's fookin sad how many fall into the trap of getting screwed senseless by travel agents, glorified touts that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Brilliant header by Sturridge.

he's on fire (for England! :D)

The lad's quality was never in doubt in fairness. Just doesn't quite fit our system so well but he's a lethal finisher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tidy nodder by Lallana , pool players doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

We're too good for them :cool: Another cracking headed goal

• Advertisement

Two headed goals in a game by Liverpool players is becoming a Klopp era thing, even when playing for England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

We're too good for them :cool: Another cracking headed goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Barca bound lallana does it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

C*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Liverpool players propping up England again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

And Sterling missing sitters :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shiny fiddler's fuck how England are getting on?

I'll only care if a Liverpool player gets injured. Then I'll be angry.

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shiny fiddler's fuck how England are getting on?

And I would have much rathered it was Lallana that was subbed off then Sturridge.

Your missing the point a little, it's about continuity - it's always good to carry your club form into the break with the obvious proviso there are no injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

And I would have much rathered it was Lallana that was subbed off then Sturridge.

If Lallana gets injured I'll be very very angry :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement