Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shiny fiddler's fuck how England are getting on?

I'll only care if a Liverpool player gets injured. Then I'll be angry.

I'm just watching it so that I can be outraged at all the poppies on the jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Your missing the point a little, it's about continuity - it's always good to carry your club form into the break with the obvious proviso there are no injuries.

I'm probably missing the point a LOT tbf :)

I watched a couple of their games lately and nearly died of boredom. I think that's the reason I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well this game really did need Scotland to put an early chance away for some tension, as it is everyone has coasted through it - which is good for Liverpool with three on the pitch. Lallana MOTM for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm probably missing the point a LOT tbf :)

I watched a couple of their games lately and nearly died of boredom. I think that's the reason I don't care.

International football can suck my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shiny fiddler's fuck how England are getting on?

I'll only care if a Liverpool player gets injured. Then I'll be angry.

Regarding England? No.

Regarding Liverpool players playing for England? Maybe - but I like to see them do well. Carry the confidence back into the Liveprool team.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Two very well taken headers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I always like to see our players doing well.......

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is that England's only game of the break?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

5starpool wrote: »
    Is that England's only game of the break?

They play Spain next Tuesday in a friendly. Hopefully our lads get a well deserved rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Glico Man wrote: »
    They play Spain next Tuesday in a friendly. Hopefully our lads get a well deserved rest.

I doubt it. Southgate looking for the job full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

amber69 wrote: »
    I doubt it. Southgate looking for the job full time.

I think he's already got it with todays result. The Spain friendly game won't matter.

I haven't even really heard any speculation about options. I reckon since they appointed him temporary manager, it's been his to lose, and with the 3-0 today, he's done the necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even better than a buyout clause.
    Philippe Coutinho does not have an escape clause in his contract, ensuring Liverpool are in a powerful position to retain their influential playmaker next summer despite purported interest from Barcelona.

The absence of a buy-out figure leaves Liverpool holding the aces and the club’s resolve to keep the talented Coutinho, whose current deal does not expire until 2020, would be strong in the event of interest from Europe’s elite being firmed up.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/barcelona-eye-coutinho-after-wonder-goal-catalan-media-claims-5l9rpm7qr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

On a long contract but I'm sure he'll get a new one from the club pretty soon to put him amongst the highest earners. Deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

https://twitter.com/LFCVine/status/797199854590193664

All the seasons goals so far.....all crackers really except for the League Cup :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Internationals are a pain, woke up and smiled when I thought "nice one, match day" then I realised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I enjoy the internationals. Ireland v Austria will keep me busy for the evening. Only concern I'd ever have is regarding our lads getting injured.

My only issue is the frequency of the short breaks. One in Sept, Oct and Nov, each for a week? Doesn't make much sense to me - surely a 3 week break in October would be a better option - create a mini-tournament buzz, with half the qualifying campaign played in one go.

Repeat the process then in March or June - boost interest in international football, keep the season running smoother on either side and no need for extra games, weeks in the calendar, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I enjoy the internationals. Ireland v Austria will keep me busy for the evening. Only concern I'd ever have is regarding our lads getting injured.

My only issue is the frequency of the short breaks. One in Sept, Oct and Nov, each for a week? Doesn't make much sense to me - surely a 3 week break in October would be a better option - create a mini-tournament buzz, with half the qualifying campaign played in one go.

Repeat the process then in March or June - boost interest in international football, keep the season running smoother on either side and no need for extra games, weeks in the calendar, etc.

I agree with this as it will give the international teams a longer time to gel and the non-international players will get a longer rest period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

xabi wrote: »
    Internationals are a pain, woke up and smiled when I thought "nice one, match day" then I realised

It is 'match day' ;)

Cheltenham on from 12.40 til gone 4ish and then Ireland on at 5, that's a good pub day in any man's language!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kfallon wrote: »
    It is 'match day' ;)

Cheltenham on from 12.40 til gone 4ish and then Ireland on at 5, that's a good pub day in any man's language!

Followed by the rugby at 7.15!

Sorted

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »

Sturridge probably could use the gametime but it's England so he's always likely to get injured. It's a tricky one

8-10 wrote: »

Sorted

Conor74 sez

get-out.gif

:pac:

Most played 11 so far and someone hasn't scored yet (naughty boy)

w1u2j6R.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Most played 11 so far and someone hasn't scored yet (naughty boy)

w1u2j6R.png

Apart from Karius it's Clyne I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yeah Clyne.

Time to ship the useless git out! Can't be tolerating a player who doesn't score. Waster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah Clyne.

Time to ship the useless git out! Can't be tolerating a player who doesn't score. Waster!

Proabbly go and bang in a hat-trick now just to piss you off!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

https://streamable.com/jsd1

Great commentary from Ray Hudson on Coutinho's wondergoal against Argentina.

Proabbly go and bang in a hat-trick now just to piss you off!

:D Ah If I could have that affect on anyone I'd want it to be Lucas getting the hattrick!
    That'd be open top bus parade material! :)

On a serious note though, I was a bit surprised when I checked there now that Clyne only scored once (in the league) last season.
    He's very nifty going forward, I'd have guessed he scored 2 or 3 by now if I was put on the spot.

Smashing player though. He was a steal at 12.5m going on his talent, age and current prices.
    He really is a top class full-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dilallio wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/jsd1

Great commentary from Ray Hudson on Coutinho's wondergoal against Argentina.

Hudson is an absolute nutjob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yea i agree clyne is a great signing and arguably the most consistent player at the club under klopp.

He is the black steve finnan at least a 7 out of 10 performance every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Twitter's great. We're already spending the imaginary money on a highly rated imaginary replacement which we received for the imaginary sale of Coutinho.

Imagine that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

8-10 wrote: »

Sorted

And then UFC 205 after midnight, fantastic day of sport.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And then UFC 205 after midnight, fantastic day of sport.

Certainly not for me. I have no interest in horse racing or UFC, especially stuff at 5am. The rugby is the reserves basically against a crap team but I'll watch it anyhow I'd say for lack of anything better. I'll watch the football alright and really want us to win, but it'll be an awful game of football probably, or at least Ireland won't be good to watch, but at least it is a big game at least in terms of our group.

The rest though, a big fat meh to it all.

5starpool wrote: »
    The rugby is the reserves basically against a crap team but I'll watch it anyhow I'd say for lack of anything better.

In fairness most of those reserves are players who have never been capped and it's a first look at them for the future. It's not like a second string team of journeymen, some of these players will go on to have top class international careers.

The UFC I completely agree with you, not a sport in my book and certainly not something worth staying up all night for!

Soccer should be tense, Austria have some top attacking players. Is Manninger our first Austrian player by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

F1 qualifying, god it is poor entertainment, wondering whether Hamilton or rosberg will win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm listening to Toots And The Maytals and looking out the window pretending it's sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dunno about the rest of you oul wans but im buzzing for ufc 205 tonight. Sick and tired of boring boxing and its politics and this now gives me my combat fix

Each to their own but can't stand that UFC stuff myself. Jesus the state of McGregor in the suit with the Deirdre Barlow glasses and feigning retirement etc...
    I used to like boxing in the past when you had Nigel Benn, Collins, Eubank but it seems to be gone to crap these days.

Maybe I'm becoming a boring fart in my old age but I don't enjoy watching most sports as much these days overall. Too much money involved and too much hype for the entertainment you get in return.
    I even feel the same about football tbh but with Liverpool it's part of the blood. Couldn't stop if I wanted to.
    Plus I love the way Klopp has us playing so we're kinda lucky there.

I used to like watching the Dubs in the GAA but that's gone stupid these days too with all the technical fouls and who the fook even knows whats a black card and whats not.
    The rugby seems to be gaining ground with people but the D4 brigade turned me off Leinster and I still cant understand the national party over winning a friendly against NZ.

Sign of the times maybe but even with the international football I just see it as a boring distraction from Liverpool nowadays.

In summary, it's Klopp's boys or nothing! :)

I genuinely have no idea why anyone would watch topless two men in tight trunks pumping out their chests in a cage.

Unless it's a gay thing :p

• Advertisement

I genuinely have no idea why anyone would watch topless two men in tight trunks pumping out their chests in a cage.

Unless it's a gay thing :p

I've just been handed this :( Sorry!

18vhrkoak8gcvjpg.jpg

That's a couple of years old isn't it?

ricero wrote: »
    Yea i agree clyne is a great signing and arguably the most consistent player at the club under klopp.

He is the black steve finnan at least a 7 out of 10 performance every week

My favourite two full-backs in recent times were Finnan and Arbeloa.

I think Clyne is actually better than Finnan was now though. And he's still young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've just been handed this :( Sorry!

18vhrkoak8gcvjpg.jpg

Read the list, saw Downy, thought who called Downing that, realised what it was, felt bad... Thanks Harry :(

On a long contract but I'm sure he'll get a new one from the club pretty soon to put him amongst the highest earners. Deserves it.

Of course and when his contract is amended to give him his deserved pay increase the club can add an astronomic buyout and escape clause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Of course and when his contract is amended to give him his deserved pay increase the club can add an astronomic buyout and escape clause.
    150 million plus 1

eyerer wrote: »
    150 million plus 1

Bale's is 1 billion euros at Madrid so I'd go for that and a €1

I might be slightly naive here but there's also the Klopp factor now when it comes to players possibly wanting out.
    Klopp seems to have a hell of a bond with our lads. I'm not saying it will stop players from leaving but it might at least influence them in their decision or delay it.

I might be slightly naive here but there's also the Klopp factor now when it comes to players possibly wanting out.
    Klopp seems to have a hell of a bond with our lads. I'm not saying it will stop players from leaving but it might at least influence them in their decision or delay it.

He had a hell of a bond with his players at Dortmund as well but that didn't stop them leaving for Munich.

I'm not saying Coutinho or any player for that matter will leave but the club need to have ironclad contracts so if they do leave it's not on the cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ricero wrote: »
    Dunno about the rest of you oul wans but im buzzing for ufc 205 tonight. Sick and tired of boring boxing and its politics and this now gives me my combat fix

Same here, tonight is a huge night for Irish combat sports. We could have a two weight world champion by tomorrow morning, the likes of which Ireland has never seen before. McGregor may divide opinion but there is no taking away from his achievements.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement