Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

When Vardy took his seat after being substituted Lallana was laughing and joking with the lads so hopefully not injured and was just a pre-cautionary substitution.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dogbert27 wrote: »
    When Vardy took his seat after being substituted Lallana was laughing and joking with the lads so hopefully not injured and was just a pre-cautionary substitution.

He was probably just saying "I'll send you the video clip of Klopp going mental at Southgate, it'll be hilarious".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

When Vardy took his seat after being substituted Lallana was laughing and joking

Just as well that Lallana isn't a bit Japanese looking or things could have turned ugly!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Iago Aspas just scored a beaut against England.

#bringhimhome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That Aspas lad looks decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Super-Rush wrote: »
    That Aspas lad looks decent.

Really turned a corner.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

poor england. always carcrash tv with them.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Really turned a corner.......

Ya, turned it into a pass to a Chelsea player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aspas unlucky at Liverpool; timing all wrong for him as he Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were on fire that season and Aspas could never get a run in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    Well he's from London isn't he, so I don't think there is an aversion to it anyhow.

No, he's from Birmingham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

It wouldn't surprise me if Origi is given a run of games with Mane gone. He's not a like for like player obviously but he's more likely to put the sort of effort in that Klopp wants from his front players than Sturridge is.

I also think it's unrealistic to think we'd get a top quality RW in the January window and he'd just slot straight into the team for a run of 5 weeks.

If we did find one and he was that good how would we keep both him and Mane happy on Mane's return?

I'd be happy if I was disproved though.

With the promise of plenty of football for 5-6 weeks plus plenty next season when we are back in Europe. Turan joined Barcelona without being able to play for the first 6 months. Now I know we are not Barcelona but we are quite attractive at the moment so it's possible imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If he does go I think Klopp would make it that it has to be a team outside of the top 6 for him to remain in England. Otherwise it's abroad and I don't think Sturridge is cut out for being abroad.

No offence to the guy but what top team would need him? PSG maybe. Bayern, Juve, Real, Barcelona, Dortmund don't need him.

I think Dortmund could be an interesting one actually, with Tuchel having fallen out with Aubameyang. I also think he'd fair better abroad than most english players. A lot of people don't seem to connect with him, but I actually really like him. I like that he isn't the typical cheery 'one of the lads', anti-intellectual fellas. He seems like he's a bit alienated by/from standard football culture. I daresay he might even fit in better in a european team than an english bantz-filled one.

No, he's from Birmingham.

He's a Brummie? Ship him out in that case.

He's a Brummie? Ship him out in that case.

He's as brummie as Jasper Carrott and this guy....

O7ZIfG.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Let's all have a disco,
    Iago Aspas,Isco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Let's all have a disco,
    Iago Aspas,Isco.

Lallana-na, Lallana-na!

Some twitter stuff:
    Match of the Day Mag ‏@MOTDmag 5m5 minutes ago
    Lallana has just passed through the mixed zone, no limp, says "I'm okay" #LFC
    Ben Rumsby ‏@ben_rumsby 5m5 minutes ago
    Thumbs up from Lallana as he walks through the mixed zone. Seems confident he's not injured. #LFC
    Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM 5m5 minutes ago Brent, London
    Early suggestion from dressing room area is Adam Lallana's injury is not too bad. More will be known after tests at Melwood tomorrow

Hopefully be ok for Saturday.

Some twitter stuff:

Hopefully be ok for Saturday.

praise_jebus_by_semereliif-d4ldhs3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

May have been mentioned already but David Conn received an award last night for his coverage of Hillsborough. Thoroughly deserved - great journalist and wrote some fantastic pieces around the time of the inquiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

any update on Lallana?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think Dortmund could be an interesting one actually, with Tuchel having fallen out with Aubameyang. I also think he'd fair better abroad than most english players. A lot of people don't seem to connect with him, but I actually really like him. I like that he isn't the typical cheery 'one of the lads', anti-intellectual fellas. He seems like he's a bit alienated by/from standard football culture. I daresay he might even fit in better in a european team than an english bantz-filled one.

Don't think they've fallen out:

hi-res-adfcd537a1fc46fce6d3aab7521af10e_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

He got suspended for an internal issue which was he went off to Milan for a trip without telling anyone. The suspension was for a few days where he missed a CL game and then got re-instated for the next league game and scored four goals.

Although I wouldn't mind a swap with Dortmund if they did want Sturridge!! :)

Firmino didn't play last night and Coutinho came off after 86 mins. Hopefully he was just a normal sub off. Firmino to definitely start anyhow on Saturday I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Wow Lawro, I actually dont believe you watch LFC if you think Gerrard has the engine to play in our current setup..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37995697

We all know that great players don't always make the best coaches, but Stevie G - while not massively vocal on the pitch - was a hard worker and has played for some of the best managers around. He always led the training and exudes professionalism. I reckon he could make a great coach and would be a better career move than pundit for him (wooden delivery & platitudes etc).
    He would need to find a way to connect with players on a similar level to Klopp or even Rodgers, if he is to become a top coach, but he is such an introvert it could be difficult for him I reckon. Celtic would be a far better option if he still wants to play though.

garra wrote: »
    Wow Lawro, I actually dont believe you watch LFC if you think Gerrard has the engine to play in our current setup..

We all know that great players don't always make the best coaches, but Stevie G - while not massively vocal on the pitch - was a hard worker and has played for some of the best managers around. He always led the training and exudes professionalism. I reckon he could make a great coach and would be a better career move than pundit for him (wooden delivery & platitudes etc).
    He would need to find a way to connect with players on a similar level to Klopp or even Rodgers, if he is to become a top coach, but he is such an introvert it could be difficult for him I reckon. Celtic would be a far better option if he still wants to play though.

Just on the Stevie G thing to Celtic, I saw a good tweet from Paddy Power yesterday, a Celtic fan correctly pointing out that they didn't need to sign him that they'd win the league with Honey G playing in their midfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Just on the Stevie G thing to Celtic, I saw a good tweet from Paddy Power yesterday, a Celtic fan correctly pointing out that they didn't need to sign him that they'd win the league with Honey G playing in their midfield!

I had to google Honey G and am pleased to know I had avoided all knowledge of its existence until today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Even if Lallana was out for w/e, we have Wijnaldum in reserve, I'd be more worried for Mané or Firmino...

I had to google Honey G and am pleased to know I had avoided all knowledge of its existence until today

I saw a clip of her one evening whilst watching Gogglebox, that's honestly the height of my knowledge of the subject, I swear your honour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

More stupidity from the PL big wigs:

PL Reject fixture move

Vicxas wrote: »
    More stupidity from the PL big wigs:

PL Reject fixture move

Thing that jumps out at me is describing it as a top of the table clash!, Fck knows how the table will look by then!

• Advertisement

Won't they be in EL though if they get 3rd in their CL group?
    Surely Gerrard would be a help in that. If they've 3 others in the midfield putting in plenty work & water carrying SG would surely be an addition for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Augeo wrote: »
    Won't they be in EL though if they get 3rd in their CL group?
    Surely Gerrard would be a help in that. If they've 3 others in the midfield putting in plenty work & water carrying SG would surely be an addition for them.

They'd need to get a win home to Barcelona or away to Man City to have a shot at third (even two draws would be no good) so it's relatively unlikely.

He'd be a pundit's wet dream to be honest then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought it was a new fangled way of saying Gerrard's missus, until reading your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Double celebration...

Liverpool and Hertha Berlin could share 125th birthday celebrations

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-hertha-berlin-could-share-12186332

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ticket sale at 8.15 tomorrow morning. Got 3 games last sale. Not as confident this time around though but hopeful will get at least 1 game

• Advertisement

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Ticket sale at 8.15 tomorrow morning. Got 3 games last sale. Not as confident this time around though but hopeful will get at least 1 game

Ticket sale is a disaster these days. Tomorrow's going to be carnage I reckon - bit of success in the air, great football to watch, big demand. Trying for Burnley and Saints matches as I don't have 4+ games on my card from last season. Hate the way the club deals with tickets these days - much has improved about the club but this is one area we're alienating fans.
    Don't think they give much of a **** as long as the demand's there and the corporate seats are sold. Modern football.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mosstin wrote: »
    Ticket sale is a disaster these days. Tomorrow's going to be carnage I reckon - bit of success in the air, great football to watch, big demand. Trying for Burnley and Saints matches as I don't have 4+ games on my card from last season. Hate the way the club deals with tickets these days - much has improved about the club but this is one area we're alienating fans.
    Don't think they give much of a **** as long as the demand's there and the corporate seats are sold. Modern football.

I think the weekend of that Burnley game is an fa cup weekend so if either club is still in the cup that weekend that game will be switched.

I think the weekend of that Burnley game is an fa cup weekend so if either club is still in the cup that weekend that game will be switched.

That I did not know, so cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That I did not know, so cheers.

Just double checked it. Its down for fa cup qf weekend aswell. Was looking at going to that game myself as my dads a Burnley fan.

Just double checked it. Its down for fa cup qf weekend aswell. Was looking at going to that game myself as my dads a Burnley fan.

Yeah, had a look. Swansea, Palace, Saints, Burnley, Bournemouth (midweek) - slim pickings unless you have 4+ games on your card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That's what Im looking at for next year as will have the 4 games unless they change that too. Agree they could improve the ticketing process but when the demand is high, its hard to see what else the club can do

Bah, we'll get an official update in the presser tomorrow morning anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Umaro wrote: »

Balls, was looking forward to hearing Southampton supporters boo their former captain :rolleyes:

Big loss but I think we have the cover for one or two games......

NukaCola wrote: »
    Balls, was looking forward to hearing Southampton supporters boo their former captain :rolleyes:

Big loss but I think we have the cover for one or two games......

In the form he's been in for club and country, it's a really big loss. Still, these things will happen throughout the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Lallana has been critical to our intensity this season - you can see the difference in our side when he's not on the pitch.

That said, a midfield trio of Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum isn't a bad one to have, so let's hope that's what we see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lallana has been critical to our intensity this season - you can see the difference in our side when he's not on the pitch.

That said, a midfield trio of Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum isn't a bad one to have, so let's hope that's what we see.

It's so nice to have strong options available.

Even missing some of our best performers in Lallana and potentially Coutinho, we could still field a front 6 of Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Mane, and Sturridge. Unreal.

In the form he's been in for club and country, it's a really big loss. Still, these things will happen throughout the season.

The tempo changed when he went off last game.... even at 5 nil up it was noticeable.

A really big loss as you mention but we should be well able to cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Be interesting to see both Can and Wjinaldum on at the same time. Less flair but more steel in Midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

In fairness, he could probably do as good a job in goals as either of the "two". Give him a sub on slot for the 10 games required for a medal and everyone wins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement