Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

In the queue now for tickets online,anyone have a idea how long I could be waiting,it doesnt say what num you are in the queue either??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

shamrock55 wrote: »
    In the queue now for tickets online,anyone have a idea how long I could be waiting,it doesnt say what num you are in the queue either??

Likely they will all be sold out by the time you get in if you are still showing as having an hour left. Was much easier in the Summer sale and I think I instantly went to 45 minutes in the queue. Palace and Southampton now at limited so likely they will be gone in the next few minutes.

Damn you Liverpool for being top of the league!:pac:

In fairness, he could probably do as good a job in goals as either of the "two". Give him a sub on slot for the 10 games required for a medal and everyone wins.

Who are the "two"?

I'd imagine the bit in bold wouldn't really appeal to Gerrard and I'm not sure we'll be cruising to the extent that we can accommodate a Gerrard that wasn't overly impressive at a much lower level recently.

You make it sound like we are going to cruise to the PL title this season, we are one point clear of 2nd and 2 pts clear of 3rd and 4th, as well as being early in the season it's really tight at the top.

joe123 wrote: »
    Likely they will all be sold out by the time you get in if you are still showing as having an hour left. Was much easier in the Summer sale and I think I instantly went to 45 minutes in the queue. Palace and Southampton now at limited so likely they will be gone in the next few minutes.

Damn you Liverpool for being top of the league!:pac:

Feck it's a pain in the ass,mine still says over an hr left,Southampton now sold out,I wanted place tickets too, so basically the black bar is your estimated time is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    Who are the "two"?

I'd imagine the bit in bold wouldn't really appeal to Gerrard and I'm not sure we'll be cruising to the extent that we can accommodate a Gerrard that wasn't overly impressive at a much lower level recently.

You make it sound like we are going to cruise to the PL title this season, we are one point clear of 2nd and 2 pts clear of 3rd and 4th, as well as being early in the season it's really tight at the top.

I think the post was a joke, saying Gerard could play in goals was the give away :p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think the post was a joke, saying Gerard could play in goals was the give away :p:pac:

I can never tell if someone is joking or not anymore... I need a break :p

NukaCola wrote: »

Oh right, I though "as good a job in goals as either of the "two"" was about scoring goals, as in ........ in the goal dept

Oops.

Glico Man wrote: »
    I can never tell if someone is joking or not anymore... I need a break :p
    Oh right, I though "as good a job in goals as either of the "two"" was about scoring goals, as in ........ in the goal dept

Oops.

I may be wrong also, who really knows!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-what-are-premier-league-clubs-best-and-worst-months?utm_m_medium=t&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Mildly interesting piece on FourFourTwo today.

Assesses the top sides [and Villa for some reason] and their points trends across a season, averaging out over the last decade.

We tend to do well in February and March, but September is usually a bad one.

Tbf, I don't think we needed the data to clarify that - especially under Rodgers, we improved in January, February after a poorer run earlier in the season.

Arsenal's 'black November' really jumps out for them each year, while City tend to start stronger than they finish. Shame that wasn't the case in 2013/14...

• Advertisement

Trying to get ticket is a fcuking joke,i was on at 8.15 this morn,looking for any games I could and I didn't get so much as a sniff of any,selling games in groups like this is making it even harder to get to a game,so now I have to wait till next season to TRY and get a ticket again,not good enough they, Jesus it was away easier to get tickets a few years back when I last went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Fowler87 wrote: »
    That's what Im looking at for next year as will have the 4 games unless they change that too. Agree they could improve the ticketing process but when the demand is high, its hard to see what else the club can do

It's really well worth building up and maintaining credits year on year if you can

I was in the 4+ sale yesterday and it was a breeze. Got Spurs, Arsenal and Middlesborough but could have had one of each such was the availability.

Will have 8 games going into the next sale in July so hopefully the club adds another tier around the 7/8 mark :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's really well worth building up and maintaining credits year on year if you can

I was in the 4+ sale yesterday and it was a breeze. Got Spurs, Arsenal and Middlesborough but could have had one of each such was the availability.

Will have 8 games going into the next sale in July so hopefully the club adds another tier around the 7/8 mark :pac:

That's the problem though. It's bloody expensive to go to more games a year. That and the fact that when I last tried it was a sale for 13+ and then everyone (expcept utd and Everton which were 8+) which is why I gave up as I generally would have went to 4-7 games a year for a good few season in a row. The last game I was at was Gerrard's last home game vs QPR when he scored the last minute winner appropriately enough, so I haven't even tried since as I was so frstrated with the process.

A 4+ sale seems to be better, but it's hard to get there. They also keep moving the goal poats which don't help. An expanded Anfield Road end with 'normal' seats would help in that regard, give half to season ticket holders, half to member sales, but for the time being I'm out, which is a pity as I enjoy going to games and Liverpool in general is a great city for a night out in if not doing a daytrip.

x43r0 wrote: »

That's all well and good but how the hell are you supposed to get 4+ when I couldn't even get near to getting 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

For anyone who doesn't have 24 minutes to watch the presser...

- Firmino and Coutinho arrived back last night and are expected at Melwood today. Klopp hadn't spoken to them because they were sleeping.

- Lallana faces a late fitness test and hasn't been definitively ruled out.

- "No rush" for Gomez to come back, but he "did well" in a friendly match over the last few days

--

My guess, Lallana will be left out as a precaution, but Firmino and Coutinho will start because of Lallana's situation. If Lallana was fit, I'd say Coutinho would've been left out and Sturridge started, but in the interest of keeping the side as settled as possible, Gini and Can will likely start with Hendo, and Firmino, Coutinho and Mané up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

That's all well and good but how the hell are you supposed to get 4+ when I couldn't even get near to getting 1

I hear you - This was the first time I had access to a tiered sale since usually it's 13+ then everyone.

Getting into the open members sale is pot luck for the most part. I've managed to get at least 4/5 games each season now for about 5 years on the bounce. Some years I'd get nothing in the July sale but have the pick of the litter in November or vice-versa. It drives you mad but worth persisting with if you're willing to stick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Are we Saturday or Sunday and what time do we play at?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

K-9 wrote: »
    Are we Saturday or Sunday and what time do we play at?

Saturday 3pm

No idea if it is one of the Special Sky Ireland viewings either

**Edit**
    The match is being shown by Sky

He was asked about Sturridge’s happiness. Klopp said Sturridge very happy, happy to be back with LFC and had fun in training. Journalist persisted about gametime and Klopp said he himself was a player for years and Sturridge would of course be happier to play more match minutes.

Doesn’t seem to be any issue whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He was asked about Sturridge’s happiness. Klopp said Sturridge very happy, happy to be back with LFC and had fun in training. Journalist persisted about gametime and Klopp said he himself was a player for years and Sturridge would of course be happier to play more match minutes.

Doesn’t seem to be any issue whatsoever.

The same Journalist asks him about Sturridge and Coutinho every week, the English media are unreal...

I don't know how he bites his lip....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fieldog wrote: »
    The same Journalist asks him about Sturridge and Coutinho every week, the English media are unreal...

I don't know how he bites his lip....

Klopp really shouldn't be biting any journalist's lips. Unprofessional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cult hero Titi Camara is 44 today!

PA-323363.jpg

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Klopp really shouldn't be biting any journalist's lips. Unprofessional

He's just like Liverpool fans, the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Trying to get ticket is a fcuking joke,i was on at 8.15 this morn,looking for any games I could and I didn't get so much as a sniff of any,selling games in groups like this is making it even harder to get to a game,so now I have to wait till next season to TRY and get a ticket again,not good enough they, Jesus it was away easier to get tickets a few years back when I last went

It's down to luck. Myself and a mate were online this morning. I got in after a 2 minute queue, he got in after a 30 minute wait. I got tickets - handily enough though still with fairly limited availability - to 3 matches and he got sorted for his game some 30 minutes after that.
    It's a pain in the ass but once I've got my tickets, I'm happy. You have my sympathy though as I've been in your situation also. I have my 4 games at least for next season so I should be able to go for Spurs/Chelsea etc.
    The way we're playing at the moment, I'm happy to watch us playing against anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

kfallon wrote: »
    Cult hero Titi Camara is 44 today!

PA-323363.jpg

I recall watching him score a screamer on his debut versus PSV Eindhoven in Belfast during a pre-season tour, it looked like we had signed a world beater at the time. The only other memorable thing from that game was Danny Murphy's passing and the nervousness approaching Windsor Park on a match day

We should easily have a new thread for the soaring/tempered expectations after Saturday's game. I'm looking forward to watching us play anyhow. It's amazing from the feeling of almost dread I was getting 14 months ago before games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The BBC are reporting Gerrard is in contact with MK Dons to be there new manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-what-are-premier-league-clubs-best-and-worst-months?utm_m_medium=t&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Mildly interesting piece on FourFourTwo today.

Assesses the top sides [and Villa for some reason] and their points trends across a season, averaging out over the last decade.

We tend to do well in February and March, but September is usually a bad one.

Tbf, I don't think we needed the data to clarify that - especially under Rodgers, we improved in January, February after a poorer run earlier in the season.

Arsenal's 'black November' really jumps out for them each year, while City tend to start stronger than they finish. Shame that wasn't the case in 2013/14...

Not sure "mildly" coveys the nature of this article! :p I really don;t think any lessons can be drawn, esp they don;t even mention the impact of euro football with regard to the later stages of the league. Still what the charts do show is that Liverpool kicked Septembers and Octobers arse this season.

Jonathan Tah being linked as a January signing by SportsBild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The BBC are reporting Gerrard is in contact with MK Dons to be there new manager.

Jesus that would seem like a premature appointment and desperate attempt at gaining publicity by the club, bizarre if theres any truth to it.

• Advertisement

Jonathan Tah being linked as a January signing by Bild.

Are they not the German equivalent of the rag?

5starpool wrote: »
    Are they not the German equivalent of the rag?

Oh I left out sports before it.

It's a magazine sportsbild not a newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jonathan Tah being linked as a January signing by Bild.

Don't believe everything you read in tah newspaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Heard Klopp defending Rooney over his drinking. I reckon he's being sneaky there. Rooney probably gets the mother of all b ll ckings of his own manager, but gets support from everybody's favorite German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ush wrote: »
    Heard Klopp defending Rooney over his drinking. I reckon he's being sneaky there. Rooney probably gets the mother of all b ll ckings of his own manager, but gets support from everybody's favorite German.
    I'm certain he's only doing it to wind up the manU thread on here:pac:

Wow.......probably too soon for him, and if he does poorly it will make getting another managers job really difficult. Should stick to coaching and get experience for the time being IMO

So Klopp has had two weeks working with Karius, Matip, Lovren, Milner & Moreno the only member of the starting back 5 missing was Clyne I wonder how the defensive training went.

ush wrote: »

Think he spoke a lot of sense, he just said players are only human and its not the worse thing in the world.....may be different had it been one of his players though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Are we still top of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So Klopp has had two weeks working with Karius, Matip, Lovren, Milner & Moreno the only member of the starting back 5 missing was Clyne I wonder how the defensive training went.
    Not well, I imagine, as they had the week off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are we still top of the league.

......and staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Not well, I imagine, as they had the week off.

giphy.gif

magentis wrote: »
    ......and staying there.

Well we might be off it at 2.15 or so on Saturday but I doubt it given how awful Arsenal are every season nearly at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fúck off international football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

----Sturridge
    Firmino----Mane
    ----Wijnaldum
    --Can----Hendo

I'm totally fine with that.

I can see Origi starting with his pace.

He could but I don't think he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sturridge has to be fitted in somewhere. He is looking really sharp and has a good record at St Mary's if I remember correctly

10k plus 1 last post thanks whoring.
    I bet you think this post is about you, don't you?
    I bet you think this post is about you
    Yeah, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you?
    I bet you think this post is about you

No reason Sturridge can't start on the bench and come on when we are 5 up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement