Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Gbear wrote: »
    Mignolet was really good today.

Not just good for Mignolet but generally excellent.
    Don't think he put a single foot wrong.

Can't be blamed for any of their goals and saved a penalty to boot.

He's still presumably 2nd choice but it's nice when he delivers all the same.

totally agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

As I say to my gf,i always love coming from behind.:)
    Mental game in fairness. At least it wasn't a boring 3-1.
    Really need some defensive buys in before the window shuts. Mainly at lb obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thought they were saying Boo-urns?

I was saying boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just sign a left back please. If we do we really should get top 4 our attacking options are as good as anything in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Our fitness levels were impressive. Can't get too carried away considering Arsenal fitness was lacking & were missing players but we were missing some too. Also Klavan at 4m shows its not all about spending huge money. Hopefully we sign a LB & possibly a CM before the window shuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Defence would instantly be improved if we had a LB with a functioning brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yes, Moreno having a mare was actually a good thing in hindsight

We all thought the same after the EL final. Still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Great match thread some lol from some fans only for them to suddenly disappear lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How it feels to watch Moreno

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Signing a left back would make us too boring. And there'd be about 30 less posts per day on this thread. What would keep me bust in work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Signing a left back would make us too boring. And there'd be about 30 less posts per day on this thread. What would keep me bust in work?

Gambling I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here guys! Well done on a very good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Had to walk my kids friend home at half time, arrived back just as Mané scored. Then they scored twice and I decided to sit in the shed for the rest of the game.

EDIT: 1st post,new thread smell etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Had to walk my kids friend home at half time, arrived back just as Mané scored. Then they scored twice and I decided to sit in the shed for the rest of the game.

EDIT: new thread smell etc etc

I'd put a comfy chair out there! You might be spending a lot of time out there this season! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Oh my god...that last half hour was a killer..I certainly didnt miss that in the summer!! Why do we put ourselves through it..Every minute felt like an hour...What a win in the end!!

Need to push on now! We have such an exciting attack now!! This is without Ings and Sturridge in the team!!

Sign a left back and lets start keeping clean sheets!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We're going to lose 1-0 to Burnley without having a shot on target next weekend now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

We are off & running in the Klopp Era, his team & passion!

To be fair to Moreno for the goal he was caught as he was in an attacking position. Unless he's told not to attack than that'll happen if we lose possession like we did.

He was very clumsy to give away the penalty but again was it a penalty strictly speaking, manies the day it wouldn't have been given.

I reckon Klopp won't be getting in a left back to put Moreno on the bench so might as well concentrate on Moreno's high energy game and hope he improves :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd imagine the real intention is to have Milner as left back most of the time. Not too thrilled about that prospect either I have to say.

I think Milner at LB is at most a marginal improvement on Moreno, if an improvement at all.

Milner fancies himself at CM and is most effective on the wing, arguably the right wing as his left peg hasn't done much good crossing that I've ever noticed.

Like yourself I really don't fancy him at LB at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair to Moreno for the goal he was caught as he was in an attacking position.

Happens all time with him though. He tears up the field as soon as we get possession of the ball even if it's 35 yards from our own goal. Absolutely ridiculous how often he gets caught out. Can't stand brainless footballers and he's in the top 5 I've ever seen anywhere. Don't even want him as back-up LB but I'd settle for just getting him on the bench for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd imagine the real intention is to have Milner as left back most of the time. Not too thrilled about that prospect either I have to say.

It seems like Klopp just wants him to be involved. Boatloads of assists and our only reliable penalty taker. He'll work he'll defend he'll be sensible and that's grand really.

We don't need miracles from LB. We just need less inadvertent sabotage.

Most games we shouldn't need the full back four or we should be looking to create clear leads ahead of our opponent.
    If we can't do that, then whether Moreno ****s up or not won't be relevant.
    5starpool wrote: »
    We're going to lose 1-0 to Burnley without having a shot on target next weekend now.

Sturridge and Can to come back into the squad/starting lineup. I think we can sort them out.

They're an awful team that seem to have no ambition to do anything other than get relegated.

I reckon that'd be a job for something like Mane, Coutinho, Sturridge and maybe even Origi for Firmino - all direct, all pace, all goalscoring and less about working in the margins with your Lallanas and the likes.

Happens all time with him though. He tears up the field as soon as we get possession of the ball even if it's 35 yards from our own goal. ..........

I reckon he's not being told otherwise by either management/coaches or the captain so his behaviour might well be mandated to an extent, the implementation might not be at all what's expected admittedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Moreno's first half was awful, from heading the ball across the 18 yard line and a last ditch reckless challenge to forgetting how to defend......the penalty was stonewall and a prime example of not knowing what he's doing. He was awful. His second half was much better as he wasn't always looking to get ahead of the play. But, IMO, he's a lost cause......just really poor at decision making, he's 24 and I just dont think he'll get better at it. Bags of energy and fast, good shot but a total liability, he'll cost us every game. You really have to wonder what Klopp is thinking.

Milner at LB isn't the answer either.

Gbear wrote: »

Most games we shouldn't need the full back four or we should be looking to create clear leads ahead of our opponent...........

I love your optimism but we've seen as recently as 2013/2014 how a leaky defence can & does spoil the party, and that was with one of the top3 forwards in World football in incredible form for us and a Sturridge not far off him in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm going to hold my hands up and say I was wrong in my defence of Moreno this summer.

Defence and Moreno don't even belong in the same sentence.

Young chap who could do well back in Spain but not the right type of LB for us I'm afraid. I thought it would work out but while he may kick on, I think it's a big gamble to see if he can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just watching the highlights on SSN. Just me or was the commentary for the goals very bitter whenever Liverpool scored? Very subdued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apparently whoever it is (I forget) is a Gooner or Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm still amazed that Neville claimed Coutinho faked an injury for no reason when in a one-on-one with Cech.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Apparently whoever it is (I forget) is a Gooner or Utd fan.

The touch screen messiah back where he belongs away from coaching/managing

Just watching the highlights on SSN. Just me or was the commentary for the goals very bitter whenever Liverpool scored? Very subdued.

Yes, it absolutely was yet there were still some rival supporters in denial in the match thread. It was blatantly obvious how they felt about it. Makes the victory even sweeter though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augeo wrote: »
    I love your optimism but we've seen as recently as 2013/2014 how a leaky defence can & does spoil the party, and that was with one of the top3 forwards in World football in incredible form for us and a Sturridge not far off him in front of goal.

I think those issues were more general.

Ideally we'll have 3 solid defenders and a solid goalkeeper in place, vs whoever from Agger, Sakho and Toure were fit + Skrtel, Mignolet, Flannagan and Aly Cissokho.
    Not to mention you had old Gerrard, broken Lucas or whoever else in front of that whereas now we'll have Can.

Milner certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for us and I do want an upgrade on Moreno, obviously, but while games like today can be lost on the basis of his incompetence, we shouldn't be a Moreno away from calamity in games against the majoirty of the bottom 10 home or away.

I'm still amazed that Neville claimed Coutinho faked an injury for no reason when in a one-on-one with Cech.

Gary Neville faked being a manager

Tyler supports Woking I think

Gary Neville faked being a manager

Wonder if he fakes his Nevillegasms too?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

In defence of Moreno, he wasn't responsible for any of the goals, with the penalty being saved and Walcott's being a combination of Lallana giving it away and Klavan not covering him. Just sayin...

Tyler supports Woking I think

Maybe he just hates Liverpool as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

sabat wrote: »
    In defence of Moreno, he wasn't responsible for any of the goals, with the penalty being saved and Walcott's being a combination of Lallana giving it away and Klavan not covering him. Just sayin...

The penalty being saved was not his doing. whether Mignolet saves the penalty or not, Moreno's performance remains the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The Woking v Liverpool rivalry is fierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wonder if he fakes his Nevillegasms too?

YooMg_f-maxage-0.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

What about the forgotten man at left back?

Joe Gomez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

sabat wrote: »

He's too eager to bomb forward at the worst possible times though.
    He had just given away a penalty, when that was saved, his first thought should have been "ok, lets just keep it calm for a minute..." instead he started running forward again, he just has no defensive instinct. He almost gave away a penalty before the one he conceded - diving in recklessly on Ramsey i think it was

Ha possibly!

tinpib wrote: »

Joe Gomez?

Injured though but I'd have him there if he were fit

Injury list - Sturridge, Milner, Sakho, Karius, Gomez and Lucas.

tinpib wrote: »

Joe Gomez?

Indeed, offers little going forward though and I feel that Klopp does like Moreno's speed and drive in that regard.

It was telling enough that Moreno was dropped for Gomez last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A wonder free kick, a goal after a 20+ pass move, and Mané's solo goal...and I don't remember one reaction from the commentary team that even came close to Martial's debut goal last year against us (for example) where Tyler had a near orgasm.

It's meaningless and takes nothing away from the moment as a Liverpool fan, and I don't expect Neville to celebrate the brilliance of one of our goals, but the bias is pretty blatant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm not saying he wasn't awful but if Arsenal had gone on to get a 4th then I'd say the primary reason for dropping points was not him but poor game management and a lack of leadership on the pitch, and that those are two of the major things which cost a lot of points last season. Henderson just isn't strong enough for the role in terms of his personality and he isn't talented enough to be a guaranteed starter. The difference when Can came on was palpable.

sword1 wrote: »
    The Woking v Liverpool rivalry is fierce

Up there with the Liverpool Mansfield rivalry.

Suarez never let that one go. Still kisses his wrist even for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We really really desperately need and on the field leader/captain to organise and calm the players down after they concede goals.

Henderson doesn't have any of that in him.

We really really desperately need and on the field leader/captain to organise and calm the players down after they concede goals.

Henderson doesn't have any of that in him.

We desperately need a manager to calm the side down after scoring a goal! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement