Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We desperately need a manager to calm the side down after scoring a goal! :pac:

No no we don't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Injured though but I'd have him there if he were fit

Injury list - Sturridge, Milner, Sakho, Karius, Gomez and Lucas.

And potentially Coutinho or is he ok?

sabat wrote: »
    .......... Henderson just isn't strong enough for the role in terms of his personality and he isn't talented enough to be a guaranteed starter. The difference when Can came on was palpable.

Tough ask to drop the captain, I reckon Henderson will be given a run of games before dropping him is a credible option.

Maybe with Milner at LB, Sakho at CB ...... more likely to see Henderson benched than..... captain, 26 and at the club 5 years Hendo is very much a "senior" man........ he was a must start today to be fair imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We desperately need a manager to calm the side down after scoring a goal! :pac:
    It was a bring on Lucas situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tinpib wrote: »
    What about the forgotten man at left back?

Joe Gomez?

Didn't Rodgers just play him there out of position as Rogers does.
    Not an out and out left back. We really need a proven left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

8-10 wrote: »
    And potentially Coutinho or is he ok?

Only cramp apparently

The commentary reaction to the free kick was weird.......I mean I'm not sure if its a bias thing or hatred, but only a robot would react the way they did. It was one of those 'Wow' moments and if you love football then I'm sure you could muster more than a meh reaction.

Took a while but Mane is replacing Suarez finally .

Steady

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So very true.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Honestly, I thought beating Barca 4-0 last week was the day we shook off Luis' cobwebs - I'd say the one person fuming leaving Wembley that day was him... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Up there with the Liverpool Mansfield rivalry.

Suarez never let that one go. Still kisses his wrist even for Barca

haha brilliant!!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Honestly, I thought beating Barca 4-0 last week was the day we shook off Luis' cobwebs - I'd say the one person fuming leaving Wembley that day was him... ;)

I would not think so,he has moved on to a bigger club and done well but i am sure he has good memories of Liverpool also, i don't see why he would want to come over to England and give Liverpool a hammering in a friendly game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Didn't Rodgers just play him there out of position as Rogers does.
    Not an out and out left back. We really need a proven left back.

West Ham had him pretty well figured out in the 3-1 at their place before he got injured. Not his fault in the slightest, it was inevitably going to happen when he was being played out of position like he was.

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    I would not think so,he has moved on to a bigger club and done well but i am sure he has good memories of Liverpool also, i don't see why he would want to come over to England and give Liverpool a hammering in a friendly game

It was a good confidence booster for us but I'm sure he would have at least liked one goal against us.... :)

He definitely still has a great love for us in fairness, his daughter born in Liverpool etc, he's always welcome back if he feels he has unfinished business... ;)

Mane has attributes that are similar to Suarez
    Has that ability to get out of the tightest of areas with men around him
    Can run with ball and pick a pass, has intelligence too
    Can see him making huge impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

sabat wrote: »
    I'm not saying he wasn't awful but if Arsenal had gone on to get a 4th then I'd say the primary reason for dropping points was not him but poor game management and a lack of leadership on the pitch, and that those are two of the major things which cost a lot of points last season. Henderson just isn't strong enough for the role in terms of his personality and he isn't talented enough to be a guaranteed starter. The difference when Can came on was palpable.

Personality and leadership aren't a substitute for people who do the jobs that need doing.

Hendo wasn't a DM enough and that was the problem.
    If you're going to pick out a player for not contributing today, Hendo is about 7th on that list. He and Mane were the only ones who turned up first half from our front 6 and he kept our midfield ticking over throughout as best he could but that's not a midfield I want to see very often.

He's not a DM. Klopp could have signed another if he really wanted to, Matip, Stewart are options as well apparently but the horse had very nearly bolted by the time Can came on.
    And that's an exaggeration anyway. Arsenal weren't being allowed to play a load of threatening football. They had one deflected chance created from a direct run and a set piece.
    They pissed about a little and got to the by line a few times but they had no threats in the box.
    Any semblance of threat they posed immediately evaporated when we had a midfield with the correct balance.

Gerrard sure as **** couldn't calm a game down, but that was fine. It wasn't his job. That's what the Mascheranos, Alonsos, Lucas' and Cans of the world are for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mane has attributes that are similar to Suarez
    Has that ability to get out of the tightest of areas with men around him
    Can run with ball and pick a pass, has intelligence too
    Can see him making huge impact

He cost more too so he should be loads better than him.

Might even win the Ballon D'Origi someday when they aptly rename it to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I love the fact that we outran them by 5km. Hope we can keep the fitness levels maintained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I love the fact that we outran them by 5km. Hope we can keep the fitness levels maintained.

Plus we haven't even hit full fitness yet. Going to be an interesing season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:) Run baby run!
    Phil ‏@MajesticStudge 32m32 minutes ago

no team has covered as much distance as Liverpool today (117.6km) since tracking was introduced to the PL, impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/Gerrard8FanPage/status/764897481956130816

Our new fitness coach from Bayern doing some great work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I watched a stream of the game today and Rio Ferdinand and Peter Schmichel were on the panel.

Both were very complementary of our goals and play in general. They did highlight Moreno mistakes but I thought the two of them gave a great job and were actually fairly impartial.

Moreno got a touch of that ball, but then Wallcot did, and then Moreno caught Wallcot. Had to be a pen, 3 actions in quick succession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I watched a stream of the game today and Rio Ferdinand and Peter Schmichel were on the panel.

Both were very complementary of our goals and play in general. They did highlight Moreno mistakes but I thought the two of them gave a great job and were actually fairly impartial.

Rio comes across very well anytime I've seen him on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Glad we didn't get that Xhaka lad after been linked with him earlier in the Summer. The lad is a walking red card. He'll spend half the season banned.

corwill wrote: »
    West Ham had him pretty well figured out in the 3-1 at their place before he got injured. Not his fault in the slightest, it was inevitably going to happen when he was being played out of position like he was.

I think he offers more defensively at LB than Moreno, even if he's "figured out", Moreno certainly falls into the figured out category too imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glad we didn't get that Xhaka lad after been linked with him earlier in the Summer. The lad is a walking red card. He'll spend half the season banned.

5 tackle attempts. 1 successful.

Chap seems like he'll be a handful..... For Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

Yep. Could easily have been sent off too.

• Advertisement

TOTP is on now on BBC Two (they've switched it). Hope we're on first! :D

I think Xhaka was sent off every season at 'gladbach and that's in a league that is quick but not as frantic as the Prem so I'd say he could be a liability until he is up to speed.

Vicxas wrote: »

Four fouls given,probably not match fit,presume he will get up to speed in time.It also explains why he did not start, Wenger was getting slated for that during the match ,us armchair managers never have all the info the manager bases his decision on ,even if we like to think we could do better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

TOTP is on now on BBC Two (they've switched it). Hope we're on first! :D

Top of The Pops? :)
    The Anfield Rap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

United win today and they're still more obsessed with us than their own results. Even when we win lol. The humour thread must be their "safe space".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Maybe he just hates Liverpool as well

I remember lots complaining about his commentary in the Man Utd V Liverpool match last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Extremely enjoyable viewing on motd, very excited for the season now always good to get a rare win too at the Emirates. All 4 goals superb!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope i dont fall asleep seeing these highlights as i heard it was a boring old game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

NukaCola wrote: »
    The commentary reaction to the free kick was weird.......I mean I'm not sure if its a bias thing or hatred, but only a robot would react the way they did. It was one of those 'Wow' moments and if you love football then I'm sure you could muster more than a meh reaction.

Same for the third goal, really weird matter of fact stuff. Maybe it's Philippe he doesn't like ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First half Liverpool were pretty bad, came out a different team in the 2nd half and tore Arsenal apart, that spell reminded me of the match a few years ago when we were 4-0 up after 20 minutes. Nervy viewing in the end but I think we were worth the 3 points overall. Mane looked impressive, excited to see what he has to offer this season, Wijnaldum looked off the pace in the first half but was much better in the second half. Still feel as if Liverpool lack any real leaders, when we're playing the quick free flowing attacking football with the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino all interchanging we don't really feel the need for a leader but you would notice we are missing one when the match is more of a contest. Henderson is a player I rate but he is not that leader, maybe I am just comparing him to Gerrard too much.

It will cost us points this season if we don't sign another left back. It is the elephant in the room at this point, everyone knows Moreno is a weak link from the fans to the opposition to the commentators and I'm sure even the players notice it at this point. He could still possibly have a career at Anfield but having him as pretty much our only option at left back is suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Ah yes, far more enjoyable second time around!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Speak Now wrote: »
    Same for the third goal, really weird matter of fact stuff. Maybe it's Philippe he doesn't like ;)

It was like watching LFCTV when the opposition score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Set sky to record MOTD2 but is seems to have fuked up and recorded the olympics, anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd imagine the real intention is to have Milner as left back most of the time. Not too thrilled about that prospect either I have to say.

Still catching up.... he's a better option.
    Clyne was released in the second half for a while.
    Clyne LB and Millner RB
    My problem is accommodating Coutinho in the team generally.

ElTel wrote: »
    Clyne LB and Millner RB

He showed today that despite his inconsistencies and tending to drift in and out of the game, he still has to be accommodated regardless. I think himself and Mane will start the majority of games. Shape will dictate whether we can have Firmino and one of Sturridge/Origi or just one of the 3 of them. Great to have options though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

And grab 6 goals. We are poor in a tackle.

On Gomez as well, given that he hasn't even come close to proper training yet, it'll probably be 3 months at least before he can be in any shape to start a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

ElTel wrote: »
    Clyne LB and Millner RB

I think the only reason Moreno is still getting game time is because he is left footed, and therefore offers width down the left.
    So if you have a Clyne and Coutinho left side it leaves us awful narrow with both wanting to cut inside.

Lovren played RB for us one game last season cant remember who it was against maybe a europa league game, but he was brilliant there.

xabi wrote: »
    Set sky to record MOTD2 but is seems to have fuked up and recorded the olympics, anyone else?

The BBC swapped to over to Two cos of the Tennis final. Check for a repeat tomorrow morning.

• Bold prediction

I expect the Utd v Pool games this season to be the best we have seen in a decade

Night Night chaps!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement