Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hey, remember yesterday when Mane just legged it in and scored a screamer. Gas craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

noodler wrote: »
    Can't understand why excuses are still being made for him to be hoenst.

There's calling it as you see it i.e. his lunge for the tackle was stupid and earlier on in the game he lunged in too but made contact but Sky take the easy route when it comes to playing the blame game and Neville was definitely doing that with Moreno for the goal.

They always do it, Caballero is already having every facet of his game analysed now that Hart was dropped but Hart won't come in for the same scrutiny when he gets back in.

It was good to see a journalist get called out for this on twitter when he jumped on wayward Caballero clearance on Saturday.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Palace looking to spend the Bolasie money on Sissoko it seems. Bad news for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just saw that :(, Pulis has been making noises about the need to spend money though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rob316 wrote: »
    Watched the game from my hotel room in LAs Vegas yesterday morning

Best of luck on Saturday Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

5starpool wrote: »
    Palace looking to spend the Bolasie money on Sissoko it seems. Bad news for us.

I'm not in a rush to flog Benteke. It's not like we're replacing him this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just looking at the predictions thread and only two posters predicted an Arsenal win. I wasn't anywhere near that confident given our record there. Happy that I know nothing about football. 3 goals clear cruising to victory and hanging on at the end. Typical Liverpool fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I'm not in a rush to flog Benteke. It's not like we're replacing him this window.

It would be pointless to hold on to him for the sake of having another striker on the books when he doesn't fit the model of striker Klopp needs, but is of value to other teams who could use his abilities. Added to that, his value will drop after a season of partial involvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

We were probably fortunate yesterday truth be told to come up against an Arsenal team that was fairly depleted but mentally, I'm hoping it will be a huge and confidence boosting win.

As Francie said earlier no point in grinding out that result yesterday only to falter against Burnley (no disrespect intended to them). I think this team has happily let themselves be labelled the underdogs for long enough, and it's now time to prove that they're ****ing winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

garra wrote: »
    It would be pointless to hold on to him for the sake of having another striker on the books when he doesn't fit the model of striker Klopp needs, but is of value to other teams who could use his abilities. Added to that, his value will drop after a season of partial involvement.

I'm not saying we should keep him rather than sell him - I think he should go. But I won't be jumping for joy at having £30m in the coffers instead of a 4th choice striker who scored a few important goals for us last season.

If I thought it meant we'd get a better striker, a controlling midfielder or a proper alternative at LB, I'd be delighted to sell him. But I don't think it will change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looks like Hart is leaving City. I wouldnt mind him replacing Mignolet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They are one and the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd rather see how Karius pans out first, being honest.

Left back and CM are still our main issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hart would be a poor signing. Decent keeper but overrated & not worth the wages he would command. Karius deserves a chance as #1 anyway.

Mane cost 34 million
    Worth double now easily
    Thanks Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hart would be a poor signing. Decent keeper but overrated & not worth the wages he would command. Karius deserves a chance as #1 anyway.

He is actually underrated at this stage. Everyone thinks he is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We already bought a keeper. Just have to get him fit and see how he goes. Not to mention Hart would probably cost a ridiculous amount considering how many errors he makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    We were probably fortunate yesterday truth be told to come up against an Arsenal team that was fairly depleted but mentally, I'm hoping it will be a huge and confidence boosting win.

As Francie said earlier no point in grinding out that result yesterday only to falter against Burnley (no disrespect intended to them). I think this team has happily let themselves be labelled the underdogs for long enough, and it's now time to prove that they're ****ing winners.

Burnley play a very different game to arsenal. They sit deep, as do Hull, soak the pressure and frustrate open teams. Hopefully we have a tactic to deal with this for the coming year or we may falter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

3 points down only 111 more to go till we have the perfect season.

3 points down only 111 more to go till we have the perfect season.

You just reminded me of the post in the match thread stating, "Game one of The Invincibles season 2.0", or something of the sort.

Lol.

• Advertisement

I knew we had Arsenal beat as every time the game stopped they would touch and adjust their hair.

I knew we had Arsenal beat as every time the game stopped they would touch and adjust their hair.

They should have tied it up in a bun like Moreno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

niallo27 wrote: »
    He is actually underrated at this stage. Everyone thinks he is rubbish

But he has great hair so he would suit us.

Hart isn't as good as the English media would have us believe nor as poor as some fans would have us believe. It's a moot conversation as Karius will be our starter ones he returns unless Mig plays himself into the spot.

Either way, I would be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mane cost 34 million
    Worth double now easily
    Thanks Southampton

I suspect that they have made more out of us in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Report from italy linking us with gary medel and a report from spain linking us wih fabio coentrao with a loan move(with option to buy).

I suspect that they have made more out of us in recent years.

We got Lallana and Lovern cheap to.
    The will be around a long time for us

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I'm not saying we should keep him rather than sell him - I think he should go. But I won't be jumping for joy at having £30m in the coffers instead of a 4th choice striker who scored a few important goals for us last season.

If I thought it meant we'd get a better striker, a controlling midfielder or a proper alternative at LB, I'd be delighted to sell him. But I don't think it will change anything.

Fair enough I can see your logic, but I dont think it will benefit the club or the player to keep him if he is not going to be playing regularly and cannot fully participate. Having him around for a rainy day is no use to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

ricero wrote: »
    Report from italy linking us with gary medel and a report from spain linking us wih fabio coentrao with a loan move(with option to buy).

He'd do well, Gary Medel. Not just with his break up play but with his passing as well

ricero wrote: »

Another one who likes the physio table a bit too much in recent years and really can't defend for sh1t either.

Medel would replace Lucas I would guess as a DM and backup CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

The camera focused on one of the arsenal's players before the match, and I turned and said to the missus "Holy jaysus! Would ya look at that lads hair. It would be a crime if he headed the ball!". I mean it was so exotically beautiful, and it's not something I would usually notice to be honest. He must have a team of hairdressers in the home room with him before the match. Maybe he couldn't hear the team instructions over the roar of the hairdryer.

I'm glad we won. But also happy i saw such beautiful hair.

• Advertisement

I thought Medel was likely to sign for Burnley? If we didn't sign him a few years back, we aren't signing him now. Lucas won't be leaving this window.

Loan watch 2016/17

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe
    Played 88 mins in 2-1 home win, opening the scoring from the spot.

R. Kent Winger Barnsley
    Played full game in 2-0 home win against Derby County. Quiet first half but came to life in the second, hit the post after a surging run in off the right wing.

FF to 40 seconds

D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield
    Played full game in 2-1 home win, including saving a peno (though rebound went in)

R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield
    Played full game in 3-1 home win against Swindon Town

L. Jones Centre back Swindon
    Not in squad

C. Brannagan Midfielder Wigan Athletic
    No game*
    Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin
    No game
    J. Flannagan Full back Burnley
    No game

Brannagan still not gone out to Wigan for some reason. Allan's Hertha Berlin play their first game of the season in the DFB Pokal against 3.Liga side Jahn Regensburg on Sunday

Inter are looking at Lucas doing the rounds this morning so maybe a swap of some sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Inter are looking at Lucas doing the rounds this morning so maybe a swap of some sorts.

Lucas to Inter has been doing the rounds since 2011 to be fair. It's like us and Arda Turan. Every. Feckin. Summer.

They get Lucas and we give them Balotelli?

Sounds like a typical Italian deal to me.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lucas to Inter has been doing the rounds since 2011 to be fair. It's like us and Arda Turan. Every. Feckin. Summer.
    I miss the Will Hughes links this summer:)

I miss the Will Hughes links this summer:)

I miss the Suarez is leaving Liverpool links myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sappy404 wrote:

Imagine benteke playing yesterday?

Me neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We got Lallana and Lovern cheap to.
    The will be around a long time for us

25 and 20 million pounds respectively?

I actually like both players but you might be stretching.

• Advertisement

25 and 20 million pounds respectively?

I actually like both players but you might be stretching.

That's Toby's natural position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Joyce reporting that Liverpool won't be buying a LB. Going with Moreno.

I'm off for a wee cry.

sad face here

Moreno must have one of those pay-as-you-play contracts, only in reverse. That's the only explanation for him playing every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

sad face here

That looks like this Harry :(

Seriously though, I can't understand why Klopp is sticking with him. Surely they know more than we do and see this on a day-to-day basis. How could they stick with this when we are driven crazy by it after every day...every day lads! Imagine that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon he will go with milner when fit at left-back and if hes a disaster then we will have to sign a left-back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I think Klopp just thinks that the pace he offers on the counter is worth the brain farts. He also prob believes in his ability to coach him up. I wish we were buying a left back too but I think Morenos contribution to our attack is massively underrated and before anyone says "he can't cross/shoot etc" the space his pace creates for others is a huge boon when we counter. If you look at Dortmunds fbs under Klopp the best was prob Pisczcek who was a converted winger prone to the odd issue himself.

Moreno was looking to attack when we lost ball and put ourselves under pressure. Moreno a little unlucky that it was his space that Arsenal exploited . Other than that he had a decent game. Hopefully he's learning, he's a project for Klopp and his staff.
    Hope he gets there soon.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Moreno must have one of those pay-as-you-play contracts, only in reverse. That's the only explanation for him playing every week.

No I think there is a clause that if he makes a mistake he is docked a weeks wages. He is hoping to break even on the year when Milner gets the nod.

To distract attention from this news - does anyone else think that Sadio Mane could be turned into a centre forward over this season and if successful Klopp sell Sturridge next summer and base his striker attack around Mane and Origi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Not bringing in a left back this summer will prove to be an error by the end of the season. Im assuming this 'news' is just posturing and we will buy a LB (but have to sell first). Otherwise, its simply a joke to continue with a defender who cant defend.

Doesnt make any sense whatsoever after letting Flanagan and Smith go. Using Milner is square pegs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement