Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Don't be daft.

I've gone too far...I'm sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The thing with Moreno is, you can imagine them looking at the film of the game, highlighting his numerous brain farts in the first half, and asking him to explain his thought process at the time, and you just know he'd shrug his shoulders.

His relies too much on his pace and enthusiasm, but they don't come close to offsetting the damage he does by being totally brainless on the pitch.

He was brutal in the EL final, he should have given a penalty away for his mental tackle at the end of the Dortmund game, and has a long history of diving in recklessly and failing to play with any semblance of composure. That lack of composure is often even more evident in his attack game, when he just drills the ball off the first man over and over again.

He seems like a nice, fun lad. Always seems to be laughing and joking, and he certainly tries hard whenever he's on the field, but I just can't handle him anymore. I can't justify, or make any more excuses for, his countless mental errors each and every game.

And, Jordan Henderson in any position that isn't an attacking one, absolutely depresses me. If that's the plan for him going forward, it won't end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Knex. wrote: »
    The thing with Moreno is, you can imagine them looking at the film of the game, highlighting his numerous brain farts in the first half, and asking him to explain his thought process at the time, and you just know he'd shrug his shoulders.

His relies too much on his pace and enthusiasm, but they don't come close to offsetting the damage he does by being totally brainless on the pitch.

He was brutal in the EL final, he should have given a penalty away for his mental tackle at the end of the Dortmund game, and has a long history of diving in recklessly and failing to play with any semblance of composure. That lack of composure is often even more evident in his attack game, when he just drills the ball off the first man over and over again.

He seems like a nice, fun lad. Always seems to be laughing and joking, and he certainly tries hard whenever he's on the field, but I just can't handle him anymore. I can't make justify, or make any more excuses for, his countless mental errors each and every game.

And, Jordan Henderson in any position that isn't an attacking one, absolutely depresses me. If that's the plan for him going forward, it won't end well.

Agree with this...but to top it all off he's not even that good going forward. Plenty of pace and enthusiasm, as you say, but he's not that effective. Sometimes you can forgive an attacking full back for defensive errors, but he's poor in defence and attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quotes from Milner on the left back role:

​​"We had a conversation about it and I told him it’s not my favourite position and not one I particularly like playing" said Milner, "but he’s the manager and if he wants me to play there, I’ll play there."

"The team comes first, always has, always will. Throughout my career you have to play in different positions. I’m probably a good player for a manager to have because I fill in in a number of positions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The thing about going forward with Moreno now is that other teams will target him relentlessly. The secret on him is out now. I think Liverpool fans have known he's dodgy for a while but absolutely everyone knows it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As corwill posted, Palace seem the only club in for Benteke so we're snookered, club should have taken the first offer really, 27.5 million plus add ons was pretty good money all things considered, they got to greedy which given everybody knows we want rid...

We've 4 striker options which is plenty. Mario will be a last day of the window job, probably a loan with us paying half the wages.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

K-9 wrote: »
    As corwill posted, Palace seem the only club in for Benteke so we're snookered, club should have taken the first offer really, 27.5 million plus add ons was pretty good money all things considered, they got to greedy which given everybody knows we want rid...

A journo on twitter posted earlier that WBA are willing to pay 30M straight up but Benteke doesn't want to go there. Presumably fancies a move to London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Milner quit City because they were shunting him about. I think he will suck it up, but wouldn't be at all surprised if he pushed for a move at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milner quit City because they were shunting him about. I think he will suck it up, but wouldn't be at all surprised if he pushed for a move at the end of the season.

I'd like to think the squad won't even need Milner (for all his assist qualities) come next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I reckon he will too, and it would probably be the best thing for all. He has guts and professional pride and will not want to be an "extra" as he was for City.

Some interesting stuff from Torres on his Liverpool departure coming out today...can't link,sorry. Have a look at The Anfield Wrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

We've 4 striker options which is plenty. Mario will be a last day of the window job, probably a loan with us paying half the wages.

Liverpool will get their money. Still lots of time. Could be a panic buy in the end for someone, it'll get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Firmino reminds me of a better version of Luis Garcia. Frustrating as hell sometimes as he gives the ball away cheaply with loose passes but he always seems to get involved in goals and assists. Even the last day (which was not his best game) he created a great chance out of nothing really for Coutinho to score but Cech made a point blank save.

This is a good comparison, I had to do a quick search because I was sure I'd said it before! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99548725&postcount=164

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Some interesting stuff from Torres on his Liverpool departure coming out today...can't link,sorry. Have a look at The Anfield Wrap.

The house of cards guff throughout that interview was silly. Odd that FSG regarded him as past his prime. Off the boil maybe at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Damien360 wrote: »
    The house of cards guff throughout that interview was silly. Odd that FSG regarded him as past his prime. Off the boil maybe at that time.

His injury rate was fairly high at the time we sold him iirc - it'd be like us getting offered a British transfer record for Sturridge now....you'd have to consider it

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    His injury rate was fairly high at the time we sold him iirc - it'd be like us getting offered a British transfer record for Sturridge now....you'd have to consider it

raw

Just downloaded the latest free Anfield wrap (usually enjoy them after a good win) only to find your one Melissa is on it.

Can't ****ing listen to her at all. Anyone else find her tedious?

Just downloaded the latest free Anfield wrap (usually enjoy them after a good win) only to find your one Melissa is on it.

Can't ****ing listen to her at all. Anyone else find her tedious?

I think she's good. No real opinion either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

8-10 wrote: »

She's one of the best on it. Actual proper professional who's not always trying to be "one of the lads" and she's actually got some proper inside info from the club too. And I would. I'd prob ask her to call me Nando while doing it too.

I think it's her voice. It gets in my head and starts kicking stuff. Uncomfortable listening, to say the least.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    She's one of the best on it. Actual proper professional who's not always trying to be "one of the lads" and she's actually got some proper inside info from the club too. And I would. I'd prob ask her to call me Nando while doing it too.

:p I was with you on the first sentence as the laddish/talksport/sexist type stuff that surrounds Premier League football grates heavily with me, but then bam! You hit home with the last remark :pac:

I think it's her voice. It gets in my head and starts kicking stuff. Uncomfortable listening, to say the least.

Her voice used to annoy me but I don't mind it now. She knows her stuff too.

And if you think Melissa is bad try listening to that Nina nightmare on Anfield Index. Christ almighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mellisa did an interview with the redmen tv last week which was a good listen

Also does anyone here watch the redmen tv channel on youtube ? I quite enjoy them, they seem like good lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/08/liverpool-and-fernando-torres-the-real-story-behind-the-number-nines-anfield-exit/

I've mentioned before on here but I f*cking adored that man. I dunno if it was just the age I was at the time (late 20's) but football defo meant more to me then and he was the epicenter of it. Looking back i doubt anyone can remotely blame him for leaving. I debate the point that he downed tools too. He was rushed back from injury time after time cause we had no other options. The mismanagement at the top was Leeds level and we can thank Rafa that we never quite fell like they did. Rafa was Atlas holding up the world of LFC on his shoulders...

gonna stop before i go on a proper rant. But suffice to say til my dying day "f*ck Hicks and Gillett"

The thing about going forward with Moreno now is that other teams will target him relentlessly. The secret on him is out now. I think Liverpool fans have known he's dodgy for a while but absolutely everyone knows it now.

I think it's a tad naive to think the fanbase are more aware of Moreno's weaknesses than opposition teams were over the last 12/18 months.

Rodgers dropped him for a young CB with no PL experience at the start of last season, the "secret" has been out a fair while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anfield from a drone, looking very good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/08/liverpool-and-fernando-torres-the-real-story-behind-the-number-nines-anfield-exit/

I've mentioned before on here but I f*cking adored that man. I dunno if it was just the age I was at the time (late 20's) but football defo meant more to me then and he was the epicenter of it. Looking back i doubt anyone can remotely blame him for leaving. I debate the point that he downed tools too. He was rushed back from injury time after time cause we had no other options. The mismanagement at the top was Leeds level and we can thank Rafa that we never quite fell like they did. Rafa was Atlas holding up the world of LFC on his shoulders...

gonna stop before i go on a proper rant. But suffice to say til my dying day "f*ck Hicks and Gillett"

The one and only time I've been genuinely devastated a player left Liverpool.

F*ckin' loved El Nino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lovren returns to international football.

https://i.redditmedia.com/BazfcJf9VO2by5HjvkIEmE-W8lEVDI9nustagNXr0dY.jpg?w=543&

Well, he's called up, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That Anfield Wrap stuff is nonsense. Torres buggered off to Chelsea to 'win trophies' and thats it. If that 'interview' is anything it is just Torres trying to recoup a little love.

He left for Chelsea of his own accord and proceeded to implode. Never the same player after he left Liverpool.

I just about forgave him when he resigned for Athletico but, to be honest, I dont give a shìte what he has to say now.

• Advertisement

Firmino starts over other forwards because he presses better.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/08/16/why-klopp-plays-firmino-up-top-over-rival-strikers-explained-by-jurgens-analyst/?utm_content=buffer035e0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also, we allow passes along the back line until the ball reaches the worst passer and then we aggressively close him down, led by Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Firmino starts over other forwards because he presses better.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/08/16/why-klopp-plays-firmino-up-top-over-rival-strikers-explained-by-jurgens-analyst/?utm_content=buffer035e0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also, we allow passes along the back line until the ball reaches the worst passer and then we aggressively close him down, led by Firmino.

I'm going to watch the 2nd half again to see if this is true. Ah sure I don't need an excuse!

garra wrote: »
    I'm going to watch the 2nd half again to see if this is true. Ah sure I don't need an excuse!
    :o

I was just watching again. Keep an eye out in the 57th minute when Mane loses the ball out over the sideline and watch his exchange with Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The one and only time I've been genuinely devastated a player left Liverpool.

F*ckin' loved El Nino.

Houllier treating God like crap and eventually selling him was a thousand times worse in my book.

Always expected Nando to move on sooner or later, whereas Robbie would have stayed for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dahoud didn't start tonight, move to a CL league club in the offing?

garra wrote: »

Check the head on the Arsenal fan glaring at Coutinho after his 2nd goal. Its glorious.

Someone should really make a gif of it.

Houllier treating God like crap and eventually selling him was a thousand times worse in my book.

Always expected Nando to move on sooner or later, whereas Robbie would have stayed for life.

Indeed, great gesture by Rafa to bring Fowler home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

158413.jpg

Sweep the Leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Check the head on the Arsenal fan glaring at Coutinho after his 2nd goal. Its glorious.

Someone should really make a gif of it.

Please say it was this guy.

BjVnJbPIMAASNp2.jpg

158419.jpg

No idea why Markovic is ballroom dancing with this lady. She has great waist though and beautiful dress.
    Klopp and his crazy training ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Dahoud didn't start tonight, move to a CL league club in the offing?
    Been some links to Juventus. Could see him joining them.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Please say it was this guy.

BjVnJbPIMAASNp2.jpg

Unfortunately not. Created the gif for the craic.

3o6ZthyH59M4xgnSx2.gif

The faces in the crowd get better every time. The lad in the blue jumper is fit to go full stabby stabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I think Palace will stump up the cash for Benteke.

I always think of the Hull situation when they sold Shane Long as 'it was too good an offer to turn down' a bonkers 12 million at the time.

Then they had no one to stick the ball in the net and got relegated and lost out on a lot more than 12 million.

If you can't score goals you are gonzo. Palace have the money and as others have said are desperate.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. Created the gif for the craic. http://i.imgur.com/i9tiYwB.gifv

The faces in the crowd get better every time. The lad in the blue jumper is fit to go full stabby stabby.

The kid with the look of complete disbelief on his face is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Think it is time to try PES again as they have signed a deal with Liverpool to counter EA's deal with United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I unsubscribed because of the "one of the lads" stuff, just annoying at the end up and not as knowledgeable as they think they are.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I unsubscribed because of the "one of the lads" stuff, just annoying at the end up and not as knowledgeable as they think they are.

Sounds a bit like Off the Ball to me then. Which I absolutely hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Think it is time to try PES again as they have signed a deal with Liverpool to counter EA's deal with United

PES has been far superiornto FiFA since FIFA 12 anyhow. No contest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement