Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gruijccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Great header from Gruijic. I think he's going to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

serious header, thought it was going a mile wide.... must have predator boot rubber on the top of his head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a fantastic header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's a cracking header, really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Quality header that.

So then Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona

We're going to do the domestic treble clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That 4th was top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Does anyone know if the victory parade will be the Monday or Tuesday after our final game against Boro on the 21st of May? Booking flights now to watch us lift the title in Anfield but would like to stay on for the victory parade around Liverpool also. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Stewart was fantastic when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That Gruijic goal gets better each time you see it.

Great header and good ball from Markovic too.

Would it be totally over the top to suggest that Ragnar Klavan is Sami Hyypia re-incarnated?

Grujic won't get many starts if any in the Prem but he looks like he could run riot in the League Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yet destroyed both Celric and Leicester :pac:
    I was at the Celtic game and they were absolutely horrendous, I could have played for Barcelona and I would have been at ease there instead of Mathieu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

murpho999 wrote: »
    That Gruijic goal gets better each time you see it.

Great header and good ball from Markovic too.

Christ,that was pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Would it be totally over the top to suggest that Ragnar Klavan is Sami Hyypia re-incarnated?

Yes :pac:
    Grujic won't get many starts if any in the Prem but he looks like he could run riot in the League Cup.

I'd hope to see more of Grujic being honest, looks good on the ball and has an eye for goal or at least can pose a threat going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Friendly or not, behind in preparation or not, most expected a Barca win here today or maybe a draw.

Barca had Suarez, Messi, Iniesta, Raktic, Masherano, Vidal, Ter Stegan, Turan all playing today. Yet we scored 4 and conceded none.

We looked pretty good today. Closing down fast. Loads of pace and trickery with Mane. Only concern for me is that Milner looked in trouble when pressured at left back. Moreno looked decent enough when he came on but a better defender is required.

4-0 might be asterisked due to it being a friendly and where Barca are in their pre season, but nothing should be taken away from Liverpools performance. It was great to win by that margin but the most important part is we looked like we have been training and it looks like its paying off. Add that to the fact we look fit and I think its been a successful session.

*cue losing tomorrow and being written off as a mid table side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

3 goals for Grujic in pre season. Good going so far from the young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Milner could be out for a bit. Has to have a scan. We really need that LB.

Klopp refused to answer a question from a Sun reporter after the game apparently. According to twitter anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads you disgust me to be honest. Setting you sights on just the league... I reckon we've the Champions League and the Olympics wrapped up too. Mane a lock for a gold medal in the 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Someone tell that Suarez fella that all is forgiven and he can return and pursue his dreams at a better club after his time in the wilderness :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Gbear wrote: »
    All away though, so perfect for his counter-attacking.

Yes but do you go for Mane or try to be clever and go for Origi at 7mill! But then what about Coutinho and Firminho at 8 and 8.5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

First

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Mr.H wrote: »
    Friendly or not, behind in preparation or not, most expected a Barca win here today or maybe a draw.
    We saw England beat Germany before the Euros and it got their tails up. It turned out to be utterly meaningless, just like the game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

3 goals for Grujic in pre season. Good going so far from the young lad.
    It's about as relevant as the sh1te I took just after dinner there.

Until the lads gets 10-20 games in the Premier League under his belt, we won't know anything about the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We saw England beat Germany before the Euros and it got their tails up. It turned out to be utterly meaningless, just like the game tonight.

It was certainly not meaningless.

Klopp not answering a journo from the rag. Proper order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm sure that ye are all messing, I'm sure. Can't read anything into this result, never forgot Dortmund last summer.

Also, if we sign Suarez, how does that affect the Gail swing, seeing as he's coming from foreign?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Over 89 thousand at Wembley for that match,good run out and even though not up to speed it's great to win against barca anytime,confidence boost , albeit slight.. great day

• Advertisement

Over 89 thousand at Wembley for that match,good run out and even though not up to speed it's great to win against barca anytime,confidence boost , albeit slight.. great day

Second highest since Wembley reopened apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If anfield was the size of wembley we would sell it out every week. Amazing support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Ardent wrote: »
    Ha ha that is class!

Everything about John Barnes is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    Everything about John Barnes is class.

Maybe not everything....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone got any links to highlights or the just the goals of todays game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

ricero wrote: »
    If anfield was the size of wembley we would sell it out every week. Amazing support

There were probably a alot of other clubs fans there to see Liverpool get a hammering

The only highlights needed:pac:

https://twitter.com/intchampionscup/status/761991599094165504

Markovic looks like a mascot.

CpM51soXYAE11Cb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Klopp refused to answer a question from a Sun reporter after the game apparently. According to twitter anyway.

Pretty cryptic, he said something along the lines of it not being about Liverpool but something that will come out in the coming days or weeks...are they planning on running some story about him or something?

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Pretty cryptic, he said something along the lines of it not being about Liverpool but something that will come out in the coming days or weeks...are they planning on running some story about him or something?

Yeah, was a bit strange alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

The only highlights needed:pac:

Serious football all right. I know it's just a friendly but it's a friendly Vs Barcelona.

Mane looks like he'll slot right in and gives the front line that direct pace we were missing. He'll be a massive threat this season and will create serious space for others to run into. Coutinho, Firmino and Mane straight into my FF team.

Origi is maturing and really benefiting from Klopp's coaching. Direct, fast and lethal. Might not be a nailed on starter if Sturridge is fit but will be get a ton of game time and a ton of goals.

Grujic looks a tidy signing and will grow into a serious player. Probably not a starter this year though.

Lallana looks very lively and himself and Coutino could run wild with Firmino, Mane and Sturridge/Origi giving them options.

Not sure if there's a spot for Marković in the squad given the quality we already have but he looks like he could develop under Klopp and become a useful option. His chip for Grujic's goal was a nice piece of skill. There's a player in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have to catch up on the thread and post my thoughts on the game as a whole, and individual performances tomorrow, but what a game.

Wembley is an amazing stadium, it has to be said, and highlight of the day was the little bollocks running around the security guards after the players celebration lap.

Great day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

http://sportyhighlights.com/liverpool-vs-barcelona-highlights-full-match/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »
    Have to catch up on the thread and post my thoughts on the game as a whole, and individual performances tomorrow, but what a game.

Wembley is an amazing stadium, it has to be said, and highlight of the day was the little bollocks running around the security guards after the players celebration lap.

Great day!

Did you go? If so I'm awfully jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did you go? If so I'm awfully jealous

I did indeed.

Knex. wrote: »

Great day!

Did they catch you in the end? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8-10 wrote: »

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/06/liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-refuses-to-answer-question-from-the-sun-journalist-6052435/

The clip is in that link. Sounds to me that he's just making it clear that he'll never have interest in their paper. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just finished watching the full game, nice result.

Mane was superb, great outlet going forward and great pace, Firmino was the only one that looked off the pace, but everyone else looked ready to go.

That Mattheu(sp?) chap should'nt be within an ass's roar of that Barca team, a Barca team that looked unfit it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jayzuz hes such a pool hater and thanks whore the link posted is for a match at anfield ,taken a good while back... Humour thread..obvious candidate..needs to get out more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement