Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

jonnycivic wrote: »
    My money is on Matip playing CB with Klavin playing LB

I reckon Milner will be LB on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lovren's decent enough, probably not the 20M pound player we thought he was but not terrible......some people love to go overboard with criticism I suppose.....

He just kept hoofing it for the last 10 minutes against Arsenal, which is great at times but Origi is well able to run and fight for a long ball, so it was just giving the ball back to Arsenal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It's difficult to criticise other players at the back when you have loose cannons like Skrtel and Moreno around. Playing at the back you have to show intelligence, cleverness and work as part of a defence as a whole for the greater good of others around you. Skrtel didnt do that and neither does Moreno.

Some on twitter feel they have to make some excuses for Moreno, maybe Klopp is telling him to 'bomb on' but this doesnt make sense unless Clyne is always caught out also, Klopp isnt telling just Moreno to do it. There is consistent lack of game intelligence from Moreno.

I dont see Matip and Klavan pairing up any time soon, that would be two CB's who havent played in the EPL before this season. It would be miraculous for both to hit the ground running, especially as a pairing. It may happen but it wouldnt surprise me if they got caught out as a group, would be tough enough as a pair without having to deal with Moreno leaving massive gaps behind. And thats a domino problem with Moreno, dragging others out of position to 'look after' his folly.

Nothing sustainable in the long term has ever come from kamikaze defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Balotelli to Wolves is today's amusing transfer story - the angle here being Jorge Mendes who is acting as an associate of their new Chinese owners and Jose Mourinho (ex Inter remember) who's own club is hand in glove with the super agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I hope Moreno is the only player who is dropped. I don't think it makes any sense to make drastic changes, we really need to give the players a few games to develop a partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

For Mane's goal, Lovren stepped up and won a header, which he placed perfectly into the feat of Wijnaldum, I believe.

He has moments where he looks like the player we had thought we might get, but unfortunately he hasn't found a base consistency. He's slowly improving in that regard, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Balotelli to Wolves is today's amusing transfer story - the angle here being Jorge Mendes who is acting as an associate of their new Chinese owners and Jose Mourinho (ex Inter remember) who's own club is hand in glove with the super agent.
    Please, please, please let this happen. Would love to see Balotelli getting kicked to bits on the Championship.

Firmino and Coutinho in Brazil squad for upcoming games apparently. Depending on the day they get back might give others a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/765907405058301952

Liverpool s Sadio Mane taken to hospital for scans after injuring shoulder in training today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Mustafi to LFC with Luis Alberto included in the deal doing the rounds now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

xabi wrote: »

Oh boy, Arsenal wont like that if true.

Also, looks like Mane's scan is just precautionary..... I hope.

brevity wrote: »

Liverpool s Sadio Mane taken to hospital for scans after injuring shoulder in training today.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

**** sake....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh boy, Arsenal wont like that if true.

Also, looks like Mane's scan is just precautionary..... I hope.
    https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/765900495693250561

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Probably Valencia trying to force the Gunners hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Probably Valencia trying to force the Gunners hand.

Yea i reckon thats it but if we are in for him then i reckon sakho will be off

Liverpool would only have any interest in Musthavefi if one of Lovren/Sakho was on the way out and there's been nothing to suggest that.

If we are seriously in for Mustafi then Matip is probably going to play more as a DM/CM or a CB will be sold or maybe both......

I'd say they are trying to rush Arsenal into a deal more than anything.....

Mustafi was with Everton as a youth, I believe. You never know, he may actually want to come back to the city!

Knex. wrote: »
    Mustafi was with Everton as a youth, I believe. You never know, he may actually want to come back to the city!

Made one appearance for Everton also in the Europa league in 09 according to transfermarkt....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

daithijjj wrote: »
    It's difficult to criticise other players at the back when you have loose cannons like Skrtel and Moreno around. Playing at the back you have to show intelligence, cleverness and work as part of a defence as a whole for the greater good of others around you. Skrtel didnt do that and neither does Moreno.

Some on twitter feel they have to make some excuses for Moreno, maybe Klopp is telling him to 'bomb on' but this doesnt make sense unless Clyne is always caught out also, Klopp isnt telling just Moreno to do it. There is consistent lack of game intelligence from Moreno.

I dont see Matip and Klavan pairing up any time soon, that would be two CB's who havent played in the EPL before this season. It would be miraculous for both to hit the ground running, especially as a pairing. It may happen but it wouldnt surprise me if they got caught out as a group, would be tough enough as a pair without having to deal with Moreno leaving massive gaps behind. And thats a domino problem with Moreno, dragging others out of position to 'look after' his folly.

I came across this while ago, the average positioning and passing options of each Liverpool player on Sunday and up to the 72nd minute, Clyne was further forward than Moreno during the match.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp-h26qXYAA1WMS.jpg

Cp-h26qXYAA1WMS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Was he tackled by Moreno?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Made one appearance for Everton also in the Europa league in 09 according to transfermarkt....

He'll have none of that fancy European football with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

murpho999 wrote: »
    Was he tackled by Moreno?

Nah, Moreno was in Rio judging the Conlon fight.

Hopefully its just a knock for mane. If he is out for saturday i could see wijnaldum joining the front 4 and can slotting into cm beside hendo. Well that or origi comes into the side

Can or Origi to replace Mane till he's back?

Can would see him take the DM role, push Henderson to CM, and move either Lallana or Wijnaldum to the wide right slot. Likely Lallana as its where he's predominantly been used under Klopp, and Wijnaldum seems to have been brought in to play that run from deep CM role.

Origi in would see him playing up top, with Firmino pushing out wide. Well, starting positions anyway. I imagine it would all be fairly fluid across the front line.

I'd go option A. I'm not sure how many games I can see Henderson playing DM without losing my mind, to be honest.

Edit: Seems ricero narrated his similar ponderings before I had a chance. The bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If we really are in for Mustafi, then maybe Klopp wants to go three at the back (and cut ot the wingbacks)?

Matip - Lovren - Mustafi
    (Sakho) (Klavan) (Gomez)

Isn't it great to finally have options ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ricero wrote: »
    Isn't it great to finally have options ?

g2lpd.gif

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »

The only thing I can think of and others have said it as well, Moreno is given more licence to attack and Clyne is more balanced. Tbh rather than there being any master plan I'm starting to think that's their playing style so we are stuck with Moreno and lucky we've Clyne.

Agree about the CB's, hopefully it doesn't come near that as it means Sakho and Lovren had disastrous seasons!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

1494130_Liverpool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mane may have a dislocated shoulder according to the Daily Mail. Back at Melwood with his arm in a sling.

I came across this while ago, the average positioning and passing options of each Liverpool player on Sunday and up to the 72nd minute, Clyne was further forward than Moreno during the match.

Cp-h26qXYAA1WMS.jpg

Indeed, I was just thinking that, it isn't as if Clyne doesn't get forward much, he's just measured and intelligent about it.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    1494130_Liverpool.jpg

peppera.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cp-h26qXYAA1WMS.jpg

The one thing I gathered from this is that only Klavan and Wijnaldum pass to Moreno.

They're new though, they'll learn soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Barton proving nothing more than what a grade A tit he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Barton proving nothing more than what a grade A tit he is.

Not the kind of establishments I rock up at.

Who the hell talks like that? He truly is a complete and utter fruit loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can't believe we are without Sturridge for the start of the season. I mean, it shouldn't be surprising. But I just thought he was going to have at least a short run in the team before being sidelined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Mane taken to hospital for a shoulder scan after training ground collision - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/17/sadio-mane-liverpool-hospital-shoulder-injury-burnley

Fingers crossed it's just a precaution.

Assuming Mane is out, I'd assume Sturridge will come in with Firmino moving towards the right of a front 3, with similar personnel behind, maybe Can to come in for Henderson or Wijnaldum.

Cp-h26qXYAA1WMS.jpg

Indeed, just shows Clyne does it at the right times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shame Caulker isn't around anymore as a backup forward, could solve the Mane problem.

K-9 wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of and others have said it as well, Moreno is given more licence to attack and Clyne is more balanced. Tbh rather than there being any master plan I'm starting to think that's their playing style so we are stuck with Moreno and lucky we've Clyne.

Agree about the CB's, hopefully it doesn't come near that as it means Sakho and Lovren had disastrous seasons!

It will be easy to pick us off so. It reminds me of the time Pulis, (a fecking Pulis team) said on BT about 18 months ago that 'we targeted Skrtel as their weak link'. Moreno is an obvious weak link who will break hearts several times this season if he continues to start.

5starpool wrote: »
    Assuming Mane is out, I'd assume Sturridge will come in with Firmino moving towards the right of a front 3, with similar personnel behind, maybe Can to come in for Henderson or Wijnaldum.

Look at you, with the big assuming head on ya. Then you finish it all off with a 'maybe'.

The Alberto Moreno of posts. A bold move followed by indecisiveness.

Tusky wrote: »
    Can't believe we are without Sturridge for the start of the season. I mean, it shouldn't be surprising. But I just thought he was going to have at least a short run in the team before being sidelined.

He had what, 4 months injury free? About the best we can hope for and when he does get injured it's only for a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two public areas around Anfield's Main Stand have today been confirmed as 96 Avenue and Paisley Square.
    Two public areas around Anfield's Main Stand have today been confirmed as 96 Avenue and Paisley Square.

96 Avenue is the tree-lined path in front of the Main Stand that links Walton Breck Road high street with nearby Stanley Park. The avenue has been specially designed to reconnect the stadium to the wider community and the park. It is also the area where the Hillsborough memorial will be permanently located ahead of the first home game of the season.

Margaret Aspinall, chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, said: “We are delighted that this beautiful area in front of the Main Stand will be named in memory of the 96.

“We have been speaking with the club throughout the expansion project on all Hillsborough matters and I’m sure fans will enjoy walking down and visiting 96 Avenue.”

Paisley Square is located at the corner of the Kop where it meets the Main Stand and has been named in memory of Liverpool’s most successful manager, Bob Paisley. It is an area where fans can gather together before the game to enjoy the Anfield atmosphere.

Robert and Graham Paisley, Bob’s sons, said: “It is truly an honour for our father to be recognised in this way and we’re grateful to the club for being involved in this incredible project.

“People who knew dad would know that he didn’t like any fuss or being in the limelight but having the Paisley Gates and now the Paisley Square is true testament to the success that he had as manager and ensures that his memory will live on.”

Fans will have the opportunity to see the new 96 Avenue and Paisley Square at Liverpool’s first home match of the season, against Leicester City in the Premier League on Saturday September 10.

For all of the latest news on the redeveloped Main Stand, visit our dedicated section.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/232096-96-avenue-and-paisley-square-confirmed-at-anfield

Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/232096-96-avenue-and-paisley-square-confirmed-at-anfield

Club could have done a solid Prince tribute and called it Paisley Park to go along with the sexy football we're playing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement