Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Henderson in the echo, being an absolute trolley.
    Liverpool hero Coutinho ready to make leap into Lionel Messi bracket, says Henderson

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-messi-suarez-ronaldo-11761908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Does he not realise he's pushing him out the door saying shîte like that? Don't be giving him notions Hendo! He's useless, our useless Phil and nobody else's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Barca-bound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

At least it's not Steven "Joe Cole is least as good as Lionel Messi, if not better" Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

daithijjj wrote: »
    It's difficult to criticise other players at the back when you have loose cannons like Skrtel and Moreno around. Playing at the back you have to show intelligence, cleverness and work as part of a defence as a whole for the greater good of others around you. Skrtel didnt do that and neither does Moreno.

Some on twitter feel they have to make some excuses for Moreno, maybe Klopp is telling him to 'bomb on' but this doesnt make sense unless Clyne is always caught out also, Klopp isnt telling just Moreno to do it. There is consistent lack of game intelligence from Moreno.

I dont see Matip and Klavan pairing up any time soon, that would be two CB's who havent played in the EPL before this season. It would be miraculous for both to hit the ground running, especially as a pairing. It may happen but it wouldnt surprise me if they got caught out as a group, would be tough enough as a pair without having to deal with Moreno leaving massive gaps behind. And thats a domino problem with Moreno, dragging others out of position to 'look after' his folly.

Nothing sustainable in the long term has ever come from kamikaze defending.
    Can't blame it all on two players. For example Lovren was at fault for Gameiro's goal in the EL final too but it was all Moreno's fault. Lovren also failed to block Chamberlain's shot on sunday. Mignolet is also another players prone to an individual error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/765907405058301952

Liverpool s Sadio Mane taken to hospital for scans after injuring shoulder in training today.

Why do these things only ever seem to happen in training..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As if I couldn't hate him any more, rumour has it that Moreno is the one who injured Mané in training, with Mané potentially out for 2 months.

Christ, just fúck him back over to where he came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SlickRic wrote: »
    As if I couldn't hate him any more, rumour has it that Moreno is the one who injured Mané in training, with Mané potentially out for 2 months.

Blaming Moreno for an accident that quite possibly wasn't even him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

murpho999 wrote: »
    Was he tackled by Moreno?

Is this how that rumour started?

• Advertisement

Can we not have any fun any more?

It's a fúcking rumour thread. I clearly said 'rumour'. One which I've seen online. It might not be true. I'm aware of that.

Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can we not have any fun any more?

It's a fúcking rumour thread. I clearly said 'rumour'. One which I've seen online. It might not be true. I'm aware of that.

Christ.

Can we not have fun he says, while ranting. Ahh Slick :pac:

Had to be Moreno didn't it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Hoping the fact that mane was seen driving home bodes well... so typical tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So it turns out it happened in a clash with Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dislocated shoulder isn't a massive issue though is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Had to be Moreno didn't it!

Even if he didn't do it he did it.

jaccuse.jpg

Jim White just said it's not serious and he'll be considered for the weekend.

#JimsWordIsGospel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jim White just said it's not serious and he'll be considered for the weekend.

#JimsWordIsGospel

Jim White also said the Easter bunny is real though.

At least we know for sure Mane is okay now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dislocated shoulder isn't a massive issue though is it?

Not for Riggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Mel Gibson needs to be in movies again.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Mel Gibson needs to be in movies again.

...Or directing them. Apocalypto was a masterpiece imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

His new film he's directing looks unreal. Shame about all that other business ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Jesus we're pining for Mel Gibson... we really are the bad guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Club could have done a solid Prince tribute and called it Paisley Park to go along with the sexy football we're playing.

And First Avenue, where a lot of Purple Rain was filmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pick that out!

Cracker of a free kick from Jay Spearing of all people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

corwill wrote: »

Joey Barton might be the person I dislike most in football. He somehow manages to be a complete scumbag, and a faux-intellectual hipster douche at the same time!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Joey Barton might be the person I dislike most in football. He somehow manages to be a complete scumbag, and a faux-intellectual hipster douche at the same time!

lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It's all the leaning lads, shoulder injuries all over the place :P

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CqESy3YXgAUxxO1.jpg

5starpool wrote: »
    CqESy3YXgAUxxO1.jpg

Oh jesus, dont show that to that feckin Dutch coach.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd say Klopp and Rodgers stats are skewed by Sturridge though with his many different setbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Seems it's a minor muscle injury and not a dislocation. Probably won't play Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A little bit about the forgotten manager of Liverpool, the great Joe Fagan...

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/08/17/why-joe-fagan-deserves-to-be-remembered-as-one-of-footballs-greatest-managers/

A gentleman to his core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Jesus we're pining for Mel Gibson... we really are the bad guys.

and fjords

5starpool wrote: »
    CqESy3YXgAUxxO1.jpg

Should be pointed out Rodgers left Klopp quite a few walking wounded and things like Ings and Gomez injuries have to be classified as "freak".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seems it's a minor muscle injury and not a dislocation. Probably won't play Saturday.

Huh? Its a shoulder not a foot
    Can he not play through a bit of pain?

Indeed. If its a 'minor muscle injury' in his arm/ shoulder, shouldnt be a biggie.

We shouldnt need to start him to get a result against Burnley though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Might be a case of lesson learned, after we effectively ruined a Joe Allen season by continuing to play him with a shoulder problem until it developed into something more serious.

Whatever the case, they know more than us, if he's left out I'm sure it's warranted.

Should be pointed out Rodgers left Klopp quite a few walking wounded and things like Ings and Gomez injuries have to be classified as "freak".

Classified as football imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Indeed. If its a 'minor muscle injury' in his arm/ shoulder, shouldnt be a biggie.

We shouldnt need to start him to get a result against Burnley though.

I have quickly gotten used to watching him instead of your Ibes or your Markovics. Don't take away my Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Firminho or coutinho pool heads :D ? need help on who'l ye'l think will score/assist more this season :D ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Firminho or coutinho pool heads :D ? need help on who'l ye'l think will score/assist more this season :D ?

I have Firmino in my FF team :)
    He's listed as a midfielder there, but will play up front quite a bit.. not sure if that helps, but that's my reasoning :)

Loan watch 2016/17

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe
    Played 60 mins as a No 10 in 2-0 home win
    R. Kent Winger Barnsley
    Played full game and awarded MOTM 3-2 home win against QPR.
    D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield
    Played full game in 1-1 away draw against Aston Villa.
    R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield
    Played full game in 2-0 home win against Walsall
    L . Jones Centre back Swindon
    Not in squad again

C. Brannagan Midfielder Wigan Athletic
    No game*
    Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin
    No game
    J. Flannagan Full back Burnley
    No game

Brannagan still not gone out to Wigan for some reason. Allan's Hertha Berlin play their first game of the season in the DFB Pokal against 3.Liga side Jahn Regensburg on Sunday

Not sure what the story with Lloyd Jones is at Swindon, match fitness maybe.
    Allan is in the Brazil U20 squad for two friendlies coming up which will be played in England (his first games in the country!). Nigerian striker Taiwo Awoniyi has edged closer to joining NEC Nijmegen having passed his medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

garra wrote: »
    I have quickly gotten used to watching him instead of your Ibes or your Markovics. Don't take away my Mane.

Mane man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    That was the talk when he joined alright. Unfortunately for him Rodgers is gone and he's rubbish in central midfield.

Milner probably played the best football of his career in central midfield at Villa. It was his performances there that got him the transfer to Man City. He won Villa player of the year and the PFA young player of the year that year. If anything he's suffered because of his versatility, he's never played in a settled position since.

If anything he suffered because, like so many other young english players, he went chasing money at City where he was never gonna get a game at centre mid but still went for . So he has no one to blame but himself if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Linked with Bruno Mars to solve left back problem. Is he any good.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/701259/Rio-Olympics-presenter-Charlie-Webster-fighting-for-life-hospital-malaria

I remember when she read out my message on Sky Sports News. Hope she gets better, she gives so much to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/701259/Rio-Olympics-presenter-Charlie-Webster-fighting-for-life-hospital-malaria

I remember when she read out my message on Sky Sports News. Hope she gets better, she gives so much to others.

That's scary. :eek:

tinpib wrote: »
    That's scary. :eek:

I know
    Apparently her doctor in Uk advised she did not need protective medication against malaria in the places she was travelling through.
    He must feel bad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Linked with Bruno Mars to solve left back problem. Is he any good.

Isn't he a DJ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement