Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Loan watch 2016/17

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe
    Played 60 mins as a No 10 in 2-0 home win
    R. Kent Winger Barnsley
    Played full game and awarded MOTM 3-2 home win against QPR.
    D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield
    Played full game in 1-1 away draw against Aston Villa.
    R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield
    Played full game in 2-0 home win against Walsall
    L . Jones Centre back Swindon
    Not in squad again

C. Brannagan Midfielder Wigan Athletic
    No game*
    Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin
    No game
    J. Flannagan Full back Burnley
    No game

Brannagan still not gone out to Wigan for some reason. Allan's Hertha Berlin play their first game of the season in the DFB Pokal against 3.Liga side Jahn Regensburg on Sunday

Not sure what the story with Lloyd Jones is at Swindon, match fitness maybe.
    Allan is in the Brazil U20 squad for two friendlies coming up which will be played in England (his first games in the country!). Nigerian striker Taiwo Awoniyi has edged closer to joining NEC Nijmegen having passed his medical.

I wouldn't have a great knowledge of the academy players. But Harry, realistically how many of these guys in your opinion will ever challenge for a starting 11 place for at least 3/4 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I know
    Apparently her doctor in Uk advised she did not need protective medication against malaria in the places she was travelling through.
    He must feel bad now.

No joke, I'm going to the Amazon next week. Have 5 year old anti-malarials sitting in my wardrobe. Think I might just splash out and buy fresh ones.....

Can't believe our league game with Utd is a Monday night game. When was the last night time we played them in the league in an evening game?

Very surprised the police didn't put a halt to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can't believe our league game with Utd is a Monday night game. When was the last night time we played them in the league in an evening game?

Was it the 3-3 with Ruddock and Clough?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Was it the 3-3 with Ruddock and Clough?

The 2 2 when ince got an equaliser was midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The last time it was halted was because it clashed with one of those English Defence League rallies and they didn't want those 2 crowds mixing.

Has anybody noticed if we play any of the teams, playing in Europe, the weekend AFTER they've played abroad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Has anybody noticed if we play any of the teams, playing in Europe, the weekend AFTER they've played abroad ?

I think its just west ham if they qualify. We play utd, Leicester and Southampton after an international break. Man city is over the Xmas period and arsenal and spurs we will have played by the end of the month.

I think its just west ham if they qualify. We play utd, Leicester and Southampton after an international break. Man city is over the Xmas period and arsenal and spurs we will have played by the end of the month.

That's a bit of a shame. Would definitely have given us an edge in those important games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When Danny Murphy lobbed Barthez late on from a lovely Gerrard pass at Old Trafford, that was a Monday night. Earlyish 2002 I think.

EDIT: Here's the goal

• Advertisement

Didn't we also play Utd on a Thursday night once, it was the game of the McAteer handball, Brad Friedel was in goal. Scholes scored the other in a 2-0 defeat.

It was in September I think, maybe 1998 or 99?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Last mid week game was last season :pac:

But last Monday night game i remember is 2004 at OT and United won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

kfallon wrote: »
    When Danny Murphy lobbed Barthez late on from a lovely Gerrard pass at Old Trafford, that was a Monday night. Earlyish 2002 I think.

EDIT: Here's the goal

Man, we had a great team back then.

You'd be damn nostalgic for Carra, Gerrard, Hyypia, Riise, Hamann, and even Owen and Fowler from that time. Despite Owen being a knob and Fowler past his best.

Honourable mentions to Gary Mc, Murphy, Markus Babbel, and Heskey.

Knex. wrote: »
    Man, we had a great team back then.
    ........... Fowler from that time. Despite Owen being a knob and Fowler past his best.

Heskey in that little vid wearing #9 so Fowler was at Leeds :(

Gary Mc was a brilliant signing back than, made a huge impact for us.

Markus Babbel was brilliant! Houllier acted the bollix with him :mad:

I think Houllier's team played best when he was off sick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's Thursday and here's a picture of Davis N'gog clapping a good pass that he couldn't quite stick the head on for whatever reason.

Wr0D9QJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Augeo wrote: »
    Heskey in that little vid wearing #9 so Fowler was at Leeds :(

Gary Mc was a brilliant signing back than, made a huge impact for us.

He's wearing 8, he never had the 9 shirt. But god would have been at Leeds

Anelka was 9 at that time, he played in that game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anelka was 9 at that time, he played in that game!

I still can't believe we didn't sign him permanently at the time :(

x43r0 wrote: »
    I still can't believe we didn't sign him permanently at the time :(

Sure why would we when we had Diouf lined up :rolleyes:
    I know Houllier brought trophies and CL football to the club but he didn't half do my head in at times! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Didn't we also play Utd on a Thursday night once, it was the game of the McAteer handball, Brad Friedel was in goal. Scholes scored the other in a 2-0 defeat.

Yeah, twice last season. We done well too.

I know Houllier brought trophies and CL football to the club but he didn't half do my head in at times! :mad:

I despised the fncker after the Fowler situation, I was also very much a Roy Evans apologist :pac:

Augeo wrote: »
    I despised the fncker after the Fowler situation, I was also very much a Roy Evans apologist :pac:

Jesus, you sound like me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's even more ridiculous considering we are playing in Europe on Thursday and then Chelsea on Sunday.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    It's even more ridiculous considering we are playing in Europe on Thursday and then Chelsea on Sunday.

"We're" not in Europe this season and we play Chelsea on Sept 16th..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Klopp on that Sadio Mane injury:
    "It was a situation in a challenge with two players up in the air, they come down and Sadio fell on his shoulder, but it's not that serious.

"I have no idea if he can play on the weekend or not but I don't think it will take a long time. Things like this will always happen."

Never mentioned who the other player was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Doodoo wrote: »
    Never mentioned who the other player was.

Screw it, let's just blame Moreno! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The other tackler? It was sakho. He was late. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

If Klopp wants to stick with Moreno that's fair enough even if I don't agree with it but going into the season with two senior fullbacks in the squad is still really ****ing dumb. If we're not going to sign anyone we should of at least kept Flanagan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Klopp "i think what I want to think about a player not what other posters on Boards.ie want me to think... they're a bunch of Mel Gibson loving saps"

From melissa reddy on twitter

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    ............ If we're not going to sign anyone we should of at least kept Flanagan.

It's a bit puzzling alright, an injury or two and we'll be looking at CBs to cover FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RasTa wrote: »

Other teams have played Monday nights in past seasons when they have a Europa League game on the Thursday night and a league game on the Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Klopp "i think what I want to think about a player not what other posters on Boards.ie want me to think... they're a bunch of Mel Gibson loving saps"

From melissa reddy on twitter

Remember when the man banned us from calling each other saps? And pandas?

That was a low. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

https://twitter.com/matthewsyed/status/766237556149223424

I like reading this guys stuff but he can go fcuk himself after this tweet.

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's Thursday and here's a picture of Davis N'gog clapping a good pass that he couldn't quite stick the head on for whatever reason.

Wr0D9QJ.jpg

He should have been a keeper with those giant hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Klopp defensive enough about Moreno during the pre-match press conference....

I like that he isn't slating his players, but hopefully in the background he knows the story.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

NukaCola wrote: »
    Klopp defensive enough about Moreno during the pre-match press conference....

I like that he isn't slating his players, but hopefully in the background he knows the story.....

TBH I don't think he's the type who feels the need to explain himself or his decisions to the press. Him coming out and throwing Alberto under the bus does not benefit anyone except the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's never been the same since. Look at me quoting a post I've all ready responded to, if that doesn't call for me to be called a sap, I don't know what would call for it but with can't call ourselves saps unless it's in our heads where we can play replays or fire of premier league clips and bouncy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/matthewsyed/status/766237556149223424

I like reading this guys stuff but he can go fcuk himself after this tweet.

I have no idea who he is....

An author?

What's he got to do with Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lost so many posters around that time, was dangerous to be a Liverpool fan. Hopefully Klopp brings those days back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Am I the only one who completely missed we're playing Burton Albion in the League Cup on Tuesday night?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who completely missed we're playing Burton Albion in the League Cup on Tuesday night?

Had literally no idea. A game for Danny Ings!

Only for someone here mentioning Matip might get a start for that I was oblivious to the upcoming cup games.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lost so many posters around that time, was dangerous to be a Liverpool fan. Hopefully Klopp brings those days back.

They treated us like internet terrorists.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    They treated us like internet terrorists.

Many a 40 was poured for a fallen solder.

They should have included a complimentary Barber's Adagio for Strings with every banning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You were still in the States I take it with your "40's"

Flaggans ta fúck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Am I the only one who found out Burton Albion are in the Championship when the draw was made? Sneaky feckers; that's a name I'd normally associate with FA cup 3rd round day or leaving Final Score on too long. Also a Liverpool connection here with Nigel Clough in charge and a picture of Jan Molby on their crest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have no idea who he is....

An author?

What's he got to do with Liverpool?

Sports journalist with a lot of LFC followers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement