Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A bit of analysis of our match V Arsenal, if you're not sick to death of it yet.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/08/15/liverpool-in-narrow-win-despite-dominant-spells/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Best business of the summer. Unreal we got our money back. Cheerio Benteke

I still think he is a decent player and strong as an ox but we don't play his game. If Palace manage to get their wingers whipping in balls to be the big target, by the law of averages he will score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fair dues to the board for sticking to their guns and getting the max value, Pardew may have thought he was onto another Carroll quick one.

Hope Benteke tears it up at Palace too, never suited Liverpool's style of play and that wonder goal against United deserved alot of plaudits - looking at you Tyler.

btw this should make it clear for anyone who still doesn't get it - Klopp regards Firmino as a forward.

No doubt, and he's a credible striker but won't be seen to best effect supported by Lallana and Mane in a front 3 imo. None of our strikers will.

Firmino, Ings, Sturridge & Origi is just about enough to go into a season with imo. Unless someone comes in I'd hate to see Ings get loaned out or sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ben Woodburn to get into the first team squad! :p If Ings does leave it would be a strange feeling as so many of us want him to do well.

I thought Klopp meant he needs a few U23 games to get fitness up to spec? Not that he intends selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it a clear out of the previous managers signings with the transfer committee players staying.

There should be a profit made on Ings anyway but I would like to see him go out on loan for the season to prove his fitness and if he does well and Klopp still doesn't want him then all the more money to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cant see Ings going anywhere.

Pleased with the Benteke deal.

• Advertisement

We have had 6 of the top 10 strikers hitting the woodwork.

http://imgur.com/CfRITLS

No surprise really:pac:

There should be a profit made on Ings anyway but I would like to see him go out on loan for the season to prove his fitness and if he does well and Klopp still doesn't want him then all the more money to be made.

:confused:

If Ings went we would be down to Origi, Sturridge and Firmino, which isnt enough.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :confused:

If Ings went we would be down to Origi, Sturridge and Firmino, which isnt enough.

Balotelli :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I'd like to see him go out on loan rather than sold this window.

He cost us £8m if he goes on loan and scores double figures with the crazy transfer fees we could get £30m for him next summer.

Is it a clear out of the previous managers signings with the transfer committee players staying.......

I thought Lallana and Milner were "Rodgers" signings?
    I hope to fnck we don't sell them and hold onto Moreno and Markovic to keep the TC happy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Welcome to old age:P

It's still early in the transfer window, iirc a large portion of transfers happen in the last 2 weeks of the window. I am assuming discussions are going on with some club(s) for a LB, I find it hard to believe Klopp/any sane human being would think going into a 45+ game season with Moreno as the only senior LB and no adequate cover for either FB positions is an OK situation.

Maybe they hope Moreno will burn out and then sign Reus for the vacant LB position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I wonder if Pardew will apologise to Benteke for accusing him of diving and cheating when we played them last season...

• Advertisement

Balotelli :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I'd like to see him go out on loan rather than sold this window.

He cost us £8m if he goes on loan and scores double figures with the crazy transfer fees we could get £30m for him next summer.

I dont know why he needs to be sold or loaned though? I dont think either will or should happen. We need four strikers.

I wonder if Pardew will apologise to Benteke for accusing him of diving and cheating when we played them last season...

He'll probably encourage him to cheat and dive?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He'll probably encourage him to cheat and dive?

I'd be surprised if he didn't. They all do.

I wouldn't imaging having Pardew as a manager will cause him problems for very long, really:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great business getting rid of Benteke who is not the player he was since his achilles injury. Very risky from Palace. Have had relegation form since January & if they go down you imagine they could be in a bad way financially despite the parachute payments.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Great business getting rid of Benteke who is not the player he was since his achilles injury. Very risky from Palace. Have had relegation form since January & if they go down you imagine they could be in a bad way financially despite the parachute payments.

Here's hoping.

#wearetheworst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hopefully his goals take a few points off UTD, City and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Waste of time signing for us and Benteke.....He's not the player he was but will do ok at CP.....

Would hope to see that money reinvested into the team

Ings on the way out?

If he is hopefully it's a loan only.

Never got a proper crack due to injury.

Would have thought Ings would suit Klopps system well enough.....

NukaCola wrote: »

Yeah, would like to see him stay.

With no European football it'll be hard to keep everyone happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

NukaCola wrote: »

I don't think he's technically good enough to play that role. He's a grafter and a decent finisher but he's not great at holding the ball up or great technically either. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up with just 3 players for the central position. And tbh with no Europe i think that would be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We're really gambling on a low injury season if Ings is let go. When Sturridge gets hurt again (and I think it's fair enough to say "when"), that leaves just Bobby and Origi. They've both had their own injury problems before so it's not out of the question that all three could be out together at some point.

The Guardian are the only ones reporting the Klopp Ings leaving speel, did Klopp actually say ....“I like Danny, really,” Klopp said. “I talked to him last week and I said in my opinion it makes more sense if he can collect game time, if he can play. What he did, he scored a goal [for Liverpool’s under-23 side], and that’s all good, but the situation here is as it is.”.....“We have to build a squad where everybody has a perspective to play,” Klopp said. “Every player needs to work and be available and then I make decisions, that’s how it is. Show me your best and I will make decisions and the most comfortable decision for me would be that the decisions are really difficult to make. That’s a manager’s life.”

Klopp has already allowed Jon Flanagan to depart on loan, also to Burnley, as he continues his rehabilitation after missing more than a season with a knee injury. “It’s similar to Danny,” Klopp said. “After a long injury you need time and the opportunity to play.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/18/liverpool-agree-to-sell-christian-benteke-to-crystal-palace-for-27m

I'm kinda surprised clubs haven't tried for our injury prone striker especially with the crazy money around now.

I think if a good offer was thrown at the club they might accept it.

• Advertisement

No one will risk buying Sturridge - NO ONE! That said every chance Klopp will sell him next summer with Aboomerrang coming in!

I think if a good offer was thrown at the club they might accept it.

What would constitute a good offer in your view?

No one will risk buying Sturridge - NO ONE! That said every chance Klopp will sell him next summer with Aboomerrang coming in!

Aubameyang will cost a nice bit of cash next year. It's difficult to see Liverpool paying tens of millions for a single player.

It looks like the Guardian hack is the only one to posit Ings leaving so it does appear that he misunderstood Klopp's words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

30 million (benteke) along with not having to pay all of Balotellis wages, that should finance a couple of signings that i never heard of.

Hopefully Klopp and his staff can unearth some talent like what they did at Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've been a fairly big critic of Sturridge for a number of reasons in the last year or two but selling him isn't a good idea. He's one of the most naturally talented strikers in the league and probably cracks the top 10 in Europe when it comes to ability. His pace looks to be gone and he probably won't have many seasons where he'll play more than 20-25 games, but he is gifted.

Plus, if we sell him his injury problems will magically go away. Happens all the bloody time. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good to see Bontoky leave, I think he's better than Crystal Palace though. Should be in Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm sure Villa fans said the same last year.

It looks like the Guardian hack is the only one to posit Ings leaving so it does appear that he misunderstood Klopp's words.

It seems to stem from Ings being mentioned in the same sentence as Balotelli and Benteke last week?

• Advertisement

Joe Pirlo.

I found out from friend's text I was leaving Liverpool

“I actually had a text message off a friend congratulating me about making the move when I didn’t even know it was happening at the time,” he says. “Not knowing whether the club intend to sell you or keep you, especially when you’re trying to ask the question, is disappointing.

“If I’m honest, to find out they accepted an offer through the press isn’t the best way of going about business, I don’t think. The communication wasn’t great but as soon as Liverpool accepted an offer I knew what their intentions were for me. It was a bit strange but that’s how things happen sometimes. There was no real goodbye, but I’m not the most sentimental person anyway. It’s irrelevant now because sitting here I’ve got the move I wanted.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/18/joe-allen-i-found-out-from-friends-text-i-was-leaving-liverpool/

Joe Pirlo.

I found out from friend's text I was leaving LiverpoolI found out from friend's text I was leaving Liverpool

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/18/joe-allen-i-found-out-from-friends-text-i-was-leaving-liverpool/

I assume he has an agent. Its highly unlikely the club wouldn't inform the agent. Thats where the blame would lie there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So basically Palace have re-iterated their opening offer and we've done what actually made sense at that point (remember he has been amortised by one year/6.5 million quid already so 27m actually represents a book profit)

Both clubs just pfaffed about for 6 weeks or so for nothing really!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Okay stand by for a small shock

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/18/liverpool-agree-to-sell-christian-benteke-to-crystal-palace-for-27m

btw this should make it clear for anyone who still doesn't get it - Klopp regards Firmino as a forward.

Would suggest Ojo not going on loan?

Harsh on Ings if it does happen but we've about 11 attacking options atm, and that's with Benteke and Mario gone.

The logic could be send Ings on loan to somewhere he'll get plenty of game time, manage Ojo ourselves this season and swap the situation next season.

The problem is the club is over loaded with attacking talent, yet we're light at CM and a possible crisis at LB. The window has been good attacking wise but poor enough besides that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I assume he has an agent. Its highly unlikely the club wouldn't inform the agent. Thats where the blame would lie there.

Would be nice to get a phone call though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rumours on twitter that Moreno can't keep a secret.

Moreno did bomb forward as he thought we had good possession . That one incident was unlucky for him and led to the first goal.
    The penalty was unlucky too, he won ball, but chain of events was against him. Walcott got touch 1/2 sec later after he won it. He then made contact with Walcott. I dunno how ref saw all that, but it was a penalty. Had Walcott not got that touch of the ball I'd say no penalty and great tackle by Moreno.
    You could see huge pressure on Moreno during game. I still hope he can improve as he has so much pace to recover and to attack, has it all except a brain. Needs to follow a yellow brick road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

As a common courtesy the club should ring the player first and in-form him before his agent. Poor form by the club, a distinct lack of class.

The penalty was unlucky too

The ball was leaving the area and Walcott would have to go out wide, Moreno did not have to lunge, there was no clear path to goal for Walcott.....it wasn't unlucky it was bad decision making.....

Allen is typical British player who thinks he should get a huge send off party. Is it not enough for the fans and club to appreciate him for everything he gave club.
    You would not see foreign players feeling the way he does over leaving club. I'm certain all the Liverpool players and manager wished him well, who cares about the suits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement