Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

corwill wrote: »
    Can't see it happening without writing a check for a golden **** off of some form. Any deal that cuts his ties with the club before the window closes that costs even a bob less than keeping him on the payroll is worth considering.

Show's how much of a ****up he is - Klopp can't even sell him.

I'm guessing he'll just retire from football when his contract runs out.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Brannigans loan move to Wigan collapses over the 75% appearance rule.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cameron-brannagans-loan-move-wigan-11771661

Glad they stuck to their guns. There must be other Championship who would be willing to make him a starter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is Alberto still at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

emmetkenny wrote: »

[Insert Moreno Joke here]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yep! Lots of talk of Sevilla, and I've not seen him in training videos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yep! Lots of talk of Sevilla, and I've not seen him in training videos...

Suppose to be close to joining Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

cue Palace to beat us 3-2 this season and Benteke to score a hat-trick...

still good business though (and certainly not Carrollesqe losses on a striker)

I remember beating Palace 3-2 with a Milan Baros hat-trick back in '04(?). Two penalties iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Milan Baros. Used to run around the pitch as if searching for diamonds in the grass. Great lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Wisdom, Ilori, Alberto, Balotelli and Markovic all still to be shifted. Thankfully money isn't too big a concern.

It's funny - in the recent past, we've had management desperate to improve the first team but who had to sell to buy. Now we're breaking even almost by accident and aren't improving the squad because the manager simply doesn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Are we on telly tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    Milan Baros. Used to run around the pitch as if searching for diamonds in the grass. Great lad.
    Given the size of him when he arrived I'd say he was looking for fizzy bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are we on telly tomorrow?

Sky Sports 5 in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Regardless I imagine all discussions would have involved his agent. Why would they contact Allen when he literally has someone employed to deal with this?
    Contacting his agent is the same as contacting him, that's why he has an agent. If they contacted his agent his agent would (or should) have relayed the message immediately. If he didn't the fault would lie with the agent but that's not what Allen is saying is it?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, one must feel sympathy towards a millionaire footballer completing a deal that makes him even richer.

I'm sure he had no idea it was going to happen whilst he was at the Euros even though everybody else with internet access did.
    Good to know Murpho that the way to treat people in your view depends on how much they earn or are worth.

Classy.

How much exactly do you have to earn or be worth before it's OK to be treated in a discourteous and unprofessional manner?

I find it hard to believe that stuff was going on without him knowing.

I also find it hard to believe that he found out via a friend.
    Why? What motivation would Allen have to make it up? How could he possibly benefit? He was a model pro whilst at the club. The inference in your statement is pretty despicable.
    Anyhow, isn't the correct process that Club A should first approach Club B. If club accepts an offer then the player is contacted?

So maybe they couldn't reach him.
    Which is why you keep it under wraps until you do reach him or his agent. You suggesting an agents phone isn't turned on during transfer window time???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi everyone what's the odds of Mane being fit for weekend. Anyone know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sky Sports 5 in ireland

Nice one,cheers

ricero wrote: »
    Got to hand it to klopp and the club for getting rid of the amount of deadwood in the club.

Really dislike the use of that word to describe a talented footballer who may no longer be wanted by the club but was once deemed good enough to be invited to join the first team squad. If departing players like Allen (in the Euro's squad of the tournament), Benteke and Ibe etc are "deadwood" why do other PL clubs pay large fees, sometimes club records, to secure their services?

Disgusting keyboard warrior stuff you'd never have the ball$ to say to the players face.

Bravo.

Who is to say the buying club did not send a press release before Liverpool could get a hold of Joe or even contact him
    So your hypothesis is the club couldn't get a text off to him and his agent sooner than Stoke had time to release a press release which a friend picked up and then texted Allen about? Really? Did the dog eat much of your homework last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really dislike the use of that word to describe a talented footballer who may no longer be wanted by the club but was once deemed good enough to be invited to join the first team squad. If departing players like Allen (in the Euro's squad of the tournament), Benteke and Ibe etc are "deadwood" why do other PL clubs pay large fees, sometimes club records, to secure their services?

Disgusting keyboard warrior stuff you'd never have the ball$ to say to the players face.

Bravo.

efa91ee00723d609c09c5746e6b78a49.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

NukaCola wrote: »
    No ones crying for Joe, and rumours of a transfer is irrelevant.

Joe said "Not knowing whether the club intend to sell you or keep you, especially when you're trying to ask the question, is disappointing."

So, he wasn't 100% sure that he would be sold and was trying to find out. Then his friend told him a bid was accepted when he didn't know.

You can be snidey if you want but I'd personally expect the club to treat players better.......selling him is one thing, accepting bids and not talking to him is another. Poor form from the club.

If it was Mario I doubt many would be that bothered but as far as we all know Allen was always professional at the club and nobody seems to have a bad word about him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

efa91ee00723d609c09c5746e6b78a49.png

So Benteke, Ibe and Allen are no longer productive or useful??? Someone needs to tell Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke.

So Benteke, Ibe and Allen are no longer productive or useful??? Someone needs to tell Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke.

They're no longer useful FOR US. It's not confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So. No net spend this window. More of a net save....

Seriously - trasnform the squad he had into a better more excitign squad and actully make about 6 million profit doign it....

Attacking wise yes, back 4 and CM the jury is still out for me! The Echo saying Klopp may not sign a LB this window is worrying, yeah I'm sure there are reasons but it should have been made top priority.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

They're no longer useful FOR US. It's not confusing.

Whatever.

YNWA ........................until you are deemed deadwood by "supporters". :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Even if we thought Moreno was good enough, I would still want another full back brought in. We're desperately thin at the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    Even if we thought Moreno was good enough, I would still want another full back brought in. We're desperately thin at the position.
    I've no problem with Moreno staying, working hard & proving us all wrong (I've kept my fingers crossed since he started running towards Walcott in the box the other day)

But there's a big question mark over allowing Brad Smith leave if we don't bring in a LB, Moreno isn't just performing below par, he has no competition to drive his performances up, so he plays shít, keeps his place....either he's not going to learn from that or Klopp is hoping that his experience will come along tenfold by playing him in every game he can over the next year

It doesn't make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dickerty wrote: »
    (Setting aside Smith, Canos, Sinclair, Teixeira, Manninger...)

Poor ****er, one game and he is gone! :( :pac:

Brannigans loan move to Wigan collapses over the 75% appearance rule.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cameron-brannagans-loan-move-wigan-11771661

I actually hope he stays though I imagine someone will take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Whatever.

Couldn't give a damn. He's rubbish, brain dead and will cost us points/matches this year.

To me that's unquestionably more important than my lfc fan self-image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whatever.

I think you will find it was the manager who sold them and didn't need them as part of his squad not the supporters.

So therefore the were deadwood to his plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

someones on the rag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a bit to do on the left edge of the lower tier

CqOR4ysWYAAcdX1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Dont listen to immature idiots on the internet. Your correct. Slating players who represented the club is not needed. Those "deadwood" players have more claim to the club than any of the keyboard warriors on here that probably started supporting the club because they like the name.

Lucas was horribly slated when he arrived at the club and now no one wants him to leave. Allen the same. Enrique the opposite............

You may not like a player or think he isnt good enough for what you want in the team but the same as myself its not up to us who plays for the club. We SUPPORT the team and their decisions and that includes who to sign and keep.

If people dont like it well nobody is forcing them to support the club.

Harry Kewell is a perfect example. A player we all wanted but failed. In fact he ran away when things got tough in Istanbul. BUT he represented this club in one of our biggest achievement. He will be immortalised whether internet fans like it or not.

Some here will share your idea that there is no point kicking a player while they are down but for the childish ones who will slag off players they dont like, ignore them because kids will be kids.

I think you will find it was the manager who sold them and didn't need them as part of his squad not the supporters.

So therefore the were deadwood to his plans.

Was Suarez also "deadwood" :D

I have a different opinion to you, I must be an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Mr.H wrote: »
    Was Suarez also "deadwood" :D

The Suarez situation isn't even in the same galaxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We've done decent business but still weak enough in CM and LB I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I saw a lad get hit in the head with a keyboard before. The only key that was left intact was H...

So people called him Mr ....

Oh. It all make sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My post magically dissapeared :eek:

I wouldn't take the "deadwood" term to heart, its a normal, maybe crude, way to say we got rid of unwanted players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doesn't seem like he wants to move anywhere:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I have a different opinion to you, I must be an idiot.

Reported for personal abuse m8

Dont listen to immature idiots on the internet. Your correct. Slating players who represented the club is not needed

Are you saying you never slated a player who represented Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    My post magically dissapeared :eek:

Welcome aboard the censor-ship....the poop deck is exactly what you think.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Welcome aboard the censor-ship....the poop deck is exactly what you think.

boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin' (the way we want you to) :eek:

Where exactly is the personal abuse? Stop being childish (maybe that is abuse?) me saying that someone shouldnt listen to immature idiots on the internet is like saying you will get a smell of salt and vinegar in a chipper. Its a sentence that is obvious and by the way I have also been an idiot at times on the internet. I am in no way immune.

If you took my comments personally I apologise but I do feel you are being a little over sensitive.

If you want to report my comments do but you are being childish
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Are you saying you never slated a player who represented Liverpool?

Of course I did. But over the years I have tried to stop myself.

I am not on a high horse. I dont know more about being a fan than you. I dont think I am better than you.

My comments are just a way of trying to put into perspective that the comments that many will make on here slating players or coaches (my own comments on my most emotional of times included) are just immature idiotic comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Where exactly is the personal abuse? Stop being childish (maybe that is abuse?) me saying that someone shouldnt listen to immature idiots on the internet is like saying you will get a smell of salt and vinegar in a chipper. Its a sentence that is obvious and by the way I have also been an idiot at times on the internet. I am in no way immune.

If you took my comments personally I apologise but I do feel you are being a little over sensitive.

If you want to report my comments do but you are being childish

Of course I did. But over the years I have tried to stop myself.

I am not on a high horse. I dont know more about being a fan than you. I dont think I am better than you.

My comments are just a way of trying to put into perspective that the comments that many will make on here slating players or coaches (my own comments on my most emotional of times included) are just immature idiotic comments.
    H, I think the joke sailed a good distance over your head:)

Grayditch wrote: »
    I saw a lad get hit in the head with a keyboard before. The only key that was left intact was H...

So people called him Mr ....

Oh. It all make sense now.

See that is how you personally abuse someone /\

*not that I would bother reporting them as EVERYTHING in my original post is truth.

H, I think the joke sailed a good distance over your head:)

Bxlxxks I think it did :o

Well kids thats what happens when you have a bottle of wine after work. You get defensive.

Now all together

H you Moron................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bxlxxks I think it did :o

Well kids thats what happens when you have a bottle of wine after work. You get defensive.

Now all together

H you Moron................
    :D, 'tis grand, happen all of us at one time or another:P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement