Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

From Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-werner-liverpool-not-sale-11775224
    Chairman Tom Werner insists Fenway Sports Group remain fully committed to restoring Liverpool to former glory as he declared: “This club is not for sale.”

In a wide ranging exclusive interview with the ECHO, Werner addressed the recent speculation about takeover bids from Chinese investment groups.

Werner says the American owners have no intention of selling the club they bought some six years ago. Jurgen Klopp penned a new six-year contract last month and FSG made a promise to the manager that their commitment was equally unwavering.

With Klopp at the helm, Werner believes the German coach will usher in a new era of success for Liverpool and FSG intend to stick around for the ride.

“We’ve said it before and I’d like to say it again: this club is not for sale,” Werner told the ECHO.

“I’d say that from time to time somebody says they have made an offer to us but they are really saying that just for publicity.

“People throw offers to us which we don’t think are real. We haven’t had a discussion or a negotiation with anyone because this club is not for sale.

“If someone wants to write us a letter saying they want to buy the club then it will get put in the garbage.

“I don’t think that we could have made a long-term arrangement with Jurgen without an understanding on both sides about our future together.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who is to say the buying club did not send a press release before Liverpool could get a hold of Joe or even contact him

It's the 21st century. If they had wanted to contact him, he'd know about it. Messages, emails, voicemails etc etc. Also Joe seems to be the last person to make a fuss, and given his behavior throughout his career, i've absolutely no reason not to take what he says at face value. It's not like the club have said a single thing to contradict him either, so why the disbelief?

I'm guessing it was a case of one element of the club not having any communication with the other. The organizational department doing their thing and following through with the bid process, under the assumption someone else would take care of contacting the player.

I can only hope it slipped through the cracks like this, so it was a mistake rather than genuine discourtesy, but either way, the club really needs to do better in this regard. The wages he's on are irrelevant - when a decision is being made that concerns his life and future, he deserves to simply be kept in the loop.

Dickerty wrote: »
    For now, I think we are WELL stacked at CM. Lucas, Hendo, Can, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Milner, Lallana. Young enough group, talented enough, goals in it. I think there is still an obsession with having a DM, but that's not how we play. We don't sit back and protect the CBs, we hunt the ball so the CBs can just concentrate on on their shape and the strikers.

It's not an obsession with having a DM, it's a worry about being solid in the middle, and while we have tonnes of players, they're all attack minded except Lucas.

I've no problem with box to box CM's, but you always want to find balance in the attributes of your partnership - having two guys that have great attacking instincts, but poor defensive instincts will obviously leave you in trouble. I actually agree with Klopp that you don't necessarily need a guy who sits back there all the time - but you DO need guys that, when they are back there defending, know what to do.

The evidence is right there on the pitch - we got torn apart time and time again in the first half and were very lucky to have made it to the break at 1-1. We conceded a lot of stupid goals last season that players with better defensive abilities would have stamped out through the middle before they ever got going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The club's self-sustaining at this point and barring some giant crash in the Football market (can't see that happening any time soon with new markets constantly being opened all across the world) the value of club is only going upwards.

They could sell but unless they really need the money in a hurry they're better off hanging onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gbear wrote: »
    The club's self-sustaining at this point and barring some giant crash in the Football market (can't see that happening any time soon with new markets constantly being opened all across the world) the value of club is only going upwards.

They could sell but unless they really need the money in a hurry they're better off hanging onto it.

You can't blame them for not wanting to sell. Because of the state of the club H&G left us in, they got it at snip at £300m (forbes now value it a £1+bn). The club had debt but they obviously saw with the fan base, turnover, money in English football etc, they'd quickly be able to turn it around. The value will only increase over the next few years and it would probably take an offer over the club's value to get them to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It's not an obsession with having a DM, it's a worry about being solid in the middle, and while we have tonnes of players, they're all attack minded except Lucas.

I've no problem with box to box CM's, but you always want to find balance in the attributes of your partnership - having too guys that have great attacking instincts, but poor defensive instincts will obviously leave you in trouble. I actually agree with Klopp that you don't necessarily need a guy who sits back there all the time - but you DO need guys that, when they are back there defending, know what to do.

The evidence is right there on the pitch - we got torn apart time and time again in the first half and were very lucky to have made it to the break at 1-1. We conceded a lot of stupid goals last season that players with better defensive abilities would have stamped out through the middle before they ever got going.

I'm so much in agreement with this that I could have written it myself.

It's the ONE thing about Herr Klopp so far that I don't like (aside from the fact the basstid has my dream job and dream bank balance etc)

We got played through against Seville 2nd half. Played through, passed through, walked through.
    Same against Dortmund at Anfield UNTIL Joe Allen came on and suddenly we had a bit more of a grip in CM.
    Joe himself isn't a DCM but the point is that it was someone to offer some resistance in the middle instead of everyone bombarding forward.

I admire anyone who generally sets up a side to go attacking but there's a balance and in certain big games it's that lack of a balance that costs us.
    You stick a Tommy Mascherano in his pomp (like he was under Rafa) into our squad and a LB and you know what, there's nothing we couldn't achieve. We're that close.

I understand people saying Klopp isn't really into DCM's but I just can't see us going from "good" to "excellent" without using one especially in big games.

Emre Can will become a top class DCM if you ask me, and I think Klopp has him earmarked for that role too. Just needs a bit more time and experience but he'll be the guy, given time.
    And to be honest I think this is also the reason why Klopp changed his mind about letting Lucas go.

Makes sense to keep him until we can find someone better than him to do the job he does.

There's no bloody way that we can go on to win a title one day without having a place for a DCM though. It's an integral, necessary part of any great side imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucas, Stewart, Can and Matip can all play DM that's four of the first team squad.

We need to be sorting out both fullback positions as a priority cover or a replacement for Moreno and cover for Clyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What i'd like to see from our midfield is someone who can control a game, and be reasonable in both defence and attack, a decent all rounder if you will.
    What we seem to have is a bunch of players that are very good at one particular job and average at the other jobs a midfielder needs to do. As an example Hendo is great at closing down space but no good at putting his foot in where as can and stewart will put their foot in. Lannana and wijljsanlajsncalsjcn are good attack minded players but not great at the defensive side.

I have'nt see enough of Guric(sp?) to make up my mind on him, and i don't think Matip will play in the midfield.

If i came down to it i'd sooner us sign a proper midfielder than a LB, and yes i'm aware the LB situation is desperate at the minute!

• Advertisement

Great to see they are in it for the long haul, really happy with our ownership at the minute, a lot of people forget how much sh1t we were in as a club before they took over.

Lucas, Stewart, Can and Matip can all play DM that's four of the first team squad.

We need to be sorting out both fullback positions as a priority cover or a replacement for Moreno and cover for Clyne.

Not sure if your post was aimed at mine but it came straight after it and same topic so yeah Can is the man for DCM alright. Lucas is good back-up. For now anyway.
    Pretty much what I said.

The point I was making was regarding some people saying we don't need to use a DCM at all, when we clearly do.

As for Stewart and Matip as DCM's. I wouldn't like to see either used in that role in big games but that's why it was important to keep Lucas.

Just on this point, Flanagan could have done both

Still not sure WTF we are doing loaning him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just on this point, Flanagan could have done both

Still not sure WTF we are doing loaning him out.
    He would only be a bit part player at best and wouldn't get fully Klopp-level match fit barring injury.

And that's assuming Klopp thought he was good enough in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Great to see they are in it for the long haul, really happy with our ownership at the minute, a lot of people forget how much sh1t we were in as a club before they took over.

Anything is better than what we had before and they certainly rescued the club but I think our spending overall is in the black this summer.
    You have to invest something if you want to compete, how can you back the manager with a negitive net spend

wijcdjndekcbds - 30m
    Mane -34m
    Karius - 5m
    Klavan - 4.5m
    Gjuric - 4.5m

Total ~ 78m

Not exactly penny pinching, and off the top of my head only utd and city have spent more. Plus of course Klopp does'nt do big money signings for the most part.

Edit: And of course the expansion of Anfield, which we have'nt been able to do since we last won the league due to chronic financial mismanagement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This might come in handy tomorrow. http://streamhd.eu/football/

I have utd on at the moment and the water is crystal clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

wijcdjndekcbds - 30m
    Mane -34m
    Karius - 5m
    Klavan - 4.5m
    Gjuric - 4.5m

Total ~ 78m

Not exactly penny pinching, and off the top of my head only utd and city have spent more. Plus of course Klopp does'nt do big money signings for the most part.

Edit: And of course the expansion of Anfield, which we have'nt been able to do since we last won the league due to chronic financial mismanagement.

And how much came in from sales?

He would only be a bit part player at best and wouldn't get fully Klopp-level match fit barring injury.

And that's assuming Klopp thought he was good enough in the first place.

On the one hand you have people saying we need more cover for both full-back positions. Flanno can play both sides.

And then you have people saying that if Flanno stayed he would only have been a bit-part player.

I'd rather have kept him, even if it was bit-part. And who knows, the lad could may well have proven himself a better left back than Moreno, it's not exactly implausible.

But I'm a big fan of Flanno so perhaps its just rose tinted goggles and all that.

Just saying if it was me, I would have kept him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Je_suis_Jean;100726977
    dogbert27 wrote: »
    of course the club can accept without contacting him.
    Absolute BS. The professional/courteous/human thing to do is to contact the player either immediately before (to say an offer been received which we are going to accept) or immediately after an offer has been accepted for him.

Anyone who thinks someone employed by the club, particularly someone who always tried his best and never caused any trouble, doesn't deserve that sort of common courtesy shown to them should not be a Liverpool fan. That sort of ignorant behaviour isn't what the club is about.

This is hilarious! You do realise that LFC were, according to you, the ignorant party in this piece. They were the ones, according to you, who didn't give the common courtesy to Joe Allen. You know, the team that you support but are slating because apparently someone at the club did not give Joe Allen the heads up that he was being sold.

I on the other hand, am a supporter of LFC and was making a justifiable argument for the actions that they had taken, you know as a LFC fan. Especially when transfer talk regarding Joe Allen was going on through out all of last season so I take it with a pinch of salt that he had no idea what was going on.

There were a lot better players than Joe Allen treated more unfairly by the club over the years so I'm not too upset for Joe. If that makes me a terrible human being and a terrible fan well then at least I know I'm supporting the right club!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

colly10 wrote: »
    You have to invest something if you want to compete, how can you back the manager with a negitive net spend

Why would the club spend money on hugely expensive signings that Klopp isn't after? He has only rarely sought players who cost a few bob - like Reus, Micky Ryan and that striker who was pants - Immobile. If he has been denied a player on grounds of money alone this summer I missed who it was.

• Advertisement

And how much came in from sales?

Somewhere around the 70m mark i guess, but the thing is none of the players we sold this summer would get anymore that a handfull of games for us, so i'd say it was good business.

The Klavan's and the Matip's of this world are klopp signings through and through, the guy has made a career partly based on buying unknown players for half nothing and turning them into superstars.
    Mentioning net spend this year of all years is almost irrelevant, because of having klopp in charge and also the need for a clear out of a bloated squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't understand why people are hung up on how much money we've spent this summer... the point is that we've improved the squad (massively imo).

We haven't bought a DM as to buy one who's happy to just sit on the bench in most games isn't going to be one who's any better than Lucas and Stewart. Klopps mo is that we attack as a team and defend as one. There isn't room for a true DM in there, he wants players who offer flexibility on the pitch. People keep saying "against the better teams we'll need one" but going by last season that wasn't the case. We'd a great record against the better teams under Klopp and certainly passed the eye test in those games. It was against the weaker teams we struggled and what help would a DM be there?!?

This is hilarious! You do realise that LFC were, according to you, the ignorant party in this piece. They were the ones, according to you, who didn't give the common courtesy to Joe Allen. You know, the team that you support but are slating because apparently someone at the club did not give Joe Allen the heads up that he was being sold.

I on the other hand, am a supporter of LFC and was making a justifiable argument for the actions that they had taken, you know as a LFC fan. Especially when transfer talk regarding Joe Allen was going on through out all of last season so I take it with a pinch of salt that he had no idea what was going on.

There were a lot better players than Joe Allen treated more unfairly by the club over the years so I'm not too upset for Joe. If that makes me a terrible human being and a terrible fan well then at least I know I'm supporting the right club!!

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in that bolded bit - is it that because we're LFC fans we should support the club in everything they do even if it's poor behavior? Cause obviously that would make no sense at all. Part of being a fan is being proud of the institution, and if the club does something that's clearly in poor taste, it's entirely the supporters place to call them out on it. We're not just walking-wallet-cheerleaders, like.

I'm not even sure why anyone would defend this to be honest...I can't understand how there can be a position of "**** Joe, he doesn't deserve to be told anything".

Yeah, there was transfer rumor and gossip, as there is all the time...this wasn't that - this was his employer making an actual, tangible decision to sell his contract to someone else, without informing him. And as for the "pinch of salt he knew nothing" stuff...why exactly do you think he would say this if it's not true? What does it get him? He's clearly not an attention seeker, he's sat on the bench without complaining for years without a hint of complaint. And the club hasn't said anything to the contrary either, so you're just being disbelieving for the sake of it, against any evidence or report.

I just really don't like this movement in football, where you also see players like Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert released without a word of contact from their club. It doesn't matter if these players, as with Allen, may have suspected the end was looming - when that end comes, it's only right and proper that their employer actually tell them. That's pretty much inarguable imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Owen as an LFC ambassador was a piss-take right from the start anyway.
    When I first heard that I thought it was a joke.

Horrible little git.

xabi wrote: »

Sadly I think he's right... they look like a good Jose team already. Super solid and they have enough quality to put away their chances. Zlatan is huge for them.. the b@stard.

Still our goal is top 4 and we'll be in the hunt for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Absolute donut......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Good thing is he never gets much right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

xabi wrote: »

He'll probably strain his twitter muscle before morning, going by his record with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sadly I think he's right... they look like a good Jose team already. Super solid and they have enough quality to put away their chances. Zlatan is huge for them.. the b@stard.

Still our goal is top 4 and we'll be in the hunt for that.

Yea, they look strong enough......Owen as LFC ambassador should probably not talk up Man Utd though, I mean, yea he can have an opinion but maybe not suggest they will win the title after 2 games.....its stupid....

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Yea, they look strong enough......Owen as LFC ambassador should probably not talk up Man Utd though, I mean, yea he can have an opinion but maybe not suggest they will win the title after 2 games.....its stupid....

100% he shouldn't be posting it. Was more just commenting on the actual statement... maybe he meant City would win it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Technically though, Liverpool is in the northwest so he's not completely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Why would the club spend money on hugely expensive signings that Klopp isn't after? He has only rarely sought players who cost a few bob - like Reus, Micky Ryan and that striker who was pants - Immobile. If he has been denied a player on grounds of money alone this summer I missed who it was.

If he was denied, i doubt we'd be hearing about it. I wouldn't be too worried a out the net spend if we didnt still have Moreno in the side but I wouldn't believe the cheque books really open if we don't go for a replacement. It's not that there aren't better players out there

Isn't Kenny Dalglish a Liverpool ambassador too?

Something very wrong when Kenny shares a job title with that little Judas runt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Absolute donut......

Don't you mean dunkin donut:pac:

Somewhere around the 70m mark i guess, but the thing is none of the players we sold this summer would get anymore that a handfull of games for us, so i'd say it was good business.

The Klavan's and the Matip's of this world are klopp signings through and through, the guy has made a career partly based on buying unknown players for half nothing and turning them into superstars.
    Mentioning net spend this year of all years is almost irrelevant, because of having klopp in charge and also the need for a clear out of a bloated squad.

It was bloody fantastic business but that wasn't the argument in the first place. Someone said FSG weren't backing the manager and you quoted the figures and said "not exactly penny pinching". Personally I wouldn't call spending 8m quid extravagant regardless of how Klopp does business.

.....its stupid....

Yeah but it's Owen so it's to be expected.

It was bloody fantastic business but that wasn't the argument in the first place. Someone said FSG weren't backing the manager and you quoted the figures and said "not exactly penny pinching". Personally I wouldn't call spending 8m quid extravagant regardless of how Klopp does business.

But they're not penny pinching... people seem to want us to compete with United/City but we're not at that table. Imo we compete financially with the teams we're on par with. FSG said from the start they weren't gonna be sugar daddys and tbh i'm ok with that. They paid big to get Klopp and thats what mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I think you will find it was the manager who sold them and didn't need them as part of his squad not the supporters.

So therefore the were deadwood to his plans.

I think you'll find the manager wouldn't disrespect a player by calling him deadwood. Not in a million years.

The man has too much class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't understand why people are hung up on how much money we've spent this summer... the point is that we've improved the squad (massively imo).

It's about leaving work undone.

There's even further scope to improve the side and we surely must have the money to do it.

I don't give a ****e if we have to overspend. The difference between replacing Moreno or not this season could easily be 5 pts.

If we have nowhere else to spend the money (and I'd agree that with the size of the squad we don't right now), then we'd be as well lobbing as much as £25m on a LB.
    If they're young enough then even if they're not tip-top, we can bin the worst prospect in a year to 18 months time and get another.

Honestly, our squad was already at a stage where the ideal would've been to make tiny changes each window of 1 or 2 top quality players. Klopp decided not to go for that.
    He has reasons about style of play and difficulty of signing players that are enough of an improvement so fair enough (Wijnaldum, Klavan).

However, LB is an absolute slam dunk in terms of how straightforward it is to improve and it'd be negligent and absolutely ****ing mental of Klopp to not do so, and I say that as a card carrying member of the Klopp Kultists Society.

There's nobody coming through in the youth team I know of that might be impeded, Moreno is a massive liability in games where we can't be expected to win with 10 men and we've more money than God. Just bloody well sign someone.

I think you'll find the manager wouldn't disrespect a player by calling him deadwood. Not in a million years.

The man has too much class.

Now where did I say the manager would call them deadwood?

I said they were deadwood to his plans!

Gbear wrote: »
    It's about leaving work undone.

There's even further scope to improve the side and we surely must have the money to do it.

I don't give a ****e if we have to overspend. The difference between replacing Moreno or not this season could easily be 5 pts.

If we have nowhere else to spend the money (and I'd agree that with the size of the squad we don't right now), then we'd be as well lobbing as much as £25m on a LB..

He's come out and said he's happy to go with Moreno. I think part of it is he doesn't want to wholesale change the back 5. Changing 3 of 5 in one season is a big deal. If he doesn't find the right one for a price they're willing to pay for then they shouldnt buy one just for the sake of it. If I thought that Klopp wanted a certain guy but the club weren't paying it then i'd be furious but that doesn't appear to be the case. So if you've a criticism here its got to be aimed at the manager, not the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in that bolded bit - is it that because we're LFC fans we should support the club in everything they do even if it's poor behavior? Cause obviously that would make no sense at all. Part of being a fan is being proud of the institution, and if the club does something that's clearly in poor taste, it's entirely the supporters place to call them out on it. We're not just walking-wallet-cheerleaders, like.

I'm not even sure why anyone would defend this to be honest...I can't understand how there can be a position of "**** Joe, he doesn't deserve to be told anything".

Yeah, there was transfer rumor and gossip, as there is all the time...this wasn't that - this was his employer making an actual, tangible decision to sell his contract to someone else, without informing him. And as for the "pinch of salt he knew nothing" stuff...why exactly do you think he would say this if it's not true? What does it get him? He's clearly not an attention seeker, he's sat on the bench without complaining for years without a hint of complaint. And the club hasn't said anything to the contrary either, so you're just being disbelieving for the sake of it, against any evidence or report.

I just really don't like this movement in football, where you also see players like Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert released without a word of contact from their club. It doesn't matter if these players, as with Allen, may have suspected the end was looming - when that end comes, it's only right and proper that their employer actually tell them. That's pretty much inarguable imo.

I understand what you're saying but from the original posters dig at me what I want to know is what is meant by "what this club is about"?

This club banned Bill Shankly.

David Fairclough was dropped for the 1977 FA Cup final but was told he would be picked for the European Cup Final, he wasn't.

Steven Gerrard was messed around by the club in 2005 with fans burning his shirt in the streets.

Alonso was apparently treated unfairly on his exit.

Torres says he was treated unfairly on his exit.

I'm sure if you go through every decade you'll find situations like Joe Allens.

So what exactly is meant by "not what this club is about"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe he reads Boards and knows about the reverse jinxs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I said they were deadwood to his plans!

Oh christ lads, please, this conversation about deadwood is deadwood! :mad:

This. 100%

Correct and nor should "supporters". It's a disparaging term to use when describing other human beings. Klopp would never use the term nor would anyone I have any respect for.

It's the kind of thing the $un would put in a headline.

He's come out and said he's happy to go with Moreno. ...If he doesn't find the right one for a price they're willing to pay for then they shouldnt buy one just for the sake of it..

Yeah that's true.

Plus whatever we all think about Moreno there is always the alternative viewpoint that he's the type of LB the manager wants.
    And by that I mean maybe he wants a LB who attacks and takes risks galloping forward at every opportunity.
    Maybe that's why the likes of Flanagan are not his cup of tea.
    And maybe that's why he hasn't found someone worth buying yet as they're not his style of LB.

Clyne fits the bill on the right because he can do both brilliantly.

For me I'd have the likes of Arbeloa and Finnan every day coz I like a full back to defend first, attack 2nd.

But maybe Moreno is only doing what hes told (aside from rash tackles) and we're all a bit wide of the mark.

mormank wrote: »
    Oh christ lads, please, this conversation about deadwood is deadwood! :mad:

C***sucker. :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement