Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Je_suis_Jean;100726977

Anyone who thinks someone employed by the club, particularly someone who always tried his best and never caused any trouble, doesn't deserve that sort of common courtesy shown to them should not be a Liverpool fan. That sort of ignorant behaviour isn't what the club is about.

This is hilarious!

You'll never walk alone my arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

C***sucker. :pac:

giphy.gif

When I saw Mormank's post I Googled Al Swearengen quotes to put one here and just spent the last 15 mins reading them. What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Je_suis_Jean;100726977

Anyone who thinks someone employed by the club, particularly someone who always tried his best and never caused any trouble, doesn't deserve that sort of common courtesy shown to them should not be a Liverpool fan. That sort of ignorant behaviour isn't what the club is about.

This is hilarious!

You'll never walk alone my arse!
    It's time to get down off the high horses here. People are allowed a differing opinion.

In the game today I find it hard to believe that a player can be so out of touch as to what is going on with his career. You and others don't agree with my opinion but that gives you no right to a) question my support to Liverpool Football Club that I have supported for 30 years and b) call me ignorant for my opinion.

I could equally call those who are taking Joe Allen's word as gospel incredibly naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

He was one of the players of the tournament in France so the first decent offer to come in for him of course the club can accept without contacting him.

You can get on or off your high horse as much as you like but you asserted that its OK for the club to sell on a player without contacting him and I disagree. I don't believe it's how LFC would or should behave. The ethos of the club is about treating people with respect and if you think it's OK to sell a player on without contacting him you're just plain wrong. It's nothing to do with opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is this still going on.

The club should have told Allen what offer had come in, as I am sure they have his mobile number, then tell the press. It is the sequence of events that are being argued, not the end result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is this still going on.

The club should have told Allen what offer had come in, as I am sure they have his mobile number, then tell the press. It is the sequence of events that are being argued, not the end result.

Clubs, companies, individuals etc all make mistakes and I'd say it's not easy to prevent information leaking out so its entirely forgivable if the club made an error and simply omitted to contact Allen or his agent before the news broke but what's not acceptable IMO is that some "supporters" think it would be OK for the club to do so deliberately. Such behaviour would be ignorant and unprofessional. A bit like calling current or former players "deadwood" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

xabi wrote: »
    It looked good on paper and it looks good on grass too. Pogba class. The Premier League title is heading to the North West this season.
    LFC ambassador

That explains his commentary then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is this still going on.

God bless the internet. If they met up over a drink it would have been sorted before half a swalley was gone.

School-yard for adults is this internet malarkey.

Neither of them are right or wrong.

The club could have handled it better. But Joe knew he was going for the past 6 months too. We all did.

I'd say Joe and the club care less than some people in this thread.

Just by the way..... Big fan of Joe here, I hope he does really well at Stoke.
    Smashing pro and was a bit under-rated by our lot at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just been reading back over the last few pagezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mosstin wrote: »

What kind of a fan are you? Call yourself a Liverpool fan? Youre a disgrace.

Well feck it! I was hoping for an honourable mention when the book came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had a stroke there buddy? Keyboard malfunction? Vicious panda attack? Mosstin? MOSSTIN??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Someone hit you in the head with a keyboard and is 'Z' the only key left intact?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

ricero wrote: »
    Got to hand it to klopp and the club for getting rid of the amount of deadwood in the club.

Really dislike the use of that word to describe a talented footballer who may no longer be wanted by the club but was once deemed good enough to be invited to join the first team squad. If departing players like Allen (in the Euro's squad of the tournament), Benteke and Ibe etc are "deadwood" why do other PL clubs pay large fees, sometimes club records, to secure their services?

Disgusting keyboard warrior stuff you'd never have the ball$ to say to the players face.

Bravo.
    do ya hear this lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Benteke confirmed gone. Best of luck to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Melissa Reddy Verified account ‏@MelissaReddy_ 6m6 minutes ago

Christian Benteke has completed his £32 million (£27m + £5m) switch from #LFC to #CPFC. Reds' fourth-biggest sale when the extras kick in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Any offers for Mario on the go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ben Gadot wrote: »

Anticipating a deadline day loan move to some Italian club!

We wish.

Ya know what, he was the worst signing in the history of the football club imo.

Not the worst player, but the most stupid signing. Because most of us could see the car crash waiting to happen and yet we had a transfer committee, that's an actual bunch of people who all sat around a table and agreed that he was a shrewd signing.

I'd love to have been at that meeting. The smell of hash in the air must have been palpable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Anticipating a deadline day loan move to some Italian club!
    Pescara to offer £3.19 loan fee, a half eaten bag of Tayto and will cover 5% of his wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Academy Man Utd ‏@AcademyManUtd 4m4 minutes ago

Liverpool u18 XI vs #mufc: Williams; White, Lewis, Masterson, Parker, Coyle, Adekanye, Kane, Gomes, Millar, Dhanda.
    Kick-off 11AM.
    0 retweets 0 likes

Academy Man Utd ‏@AcademyManUtd 6m6 minutes ago
    #mufc u18 XI vs Liverpool: Moutha Sebtaoui; Warren, Dunne, Tanner, Sang, Whelan, Dearnley, Buffonge, Gomes, Chong.
    Kick-off 11AM

2-0 up Dhanda double after 30 mins.

Pescara to offer £3.19 loan fee, a half eaten bag of Tayto and will cover 5% of his wages.

And we pay the loan fee. Twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

https://twitter.com/chrisbenteke/status/766935006883315712

Beat of luck to him.

At least now we've managed to consolidate losing to bogey teams Aston Villa and Crystal Palace into just losing to Crystal Palace. Money well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hope Benteke doesn't start for Burnley today

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferNRS/status/766937412266102784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That's funny because it's close to what will actually happen:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sadly I think he's right... they look like a good Jose team already. Super solid and they have enough quality to put away their chances. Zlatan is huge for them.. the b@stard.

Still our goal is top 4 and we'll be in the hunt for that.
    Think we're better off worrying about ourselves than United. Get the right result today, that's all we can do.

A 2-0 victory over Southampton is certainly not going to give me sleepless nights yet at this stage of the season anyway.

He's a good pro and seems a likeable fella. I wish him all the best at Burnley, sorry I meant Palace.

Most lads in his situation would have done a lot of bitching but you didn't get that from him, besta luck to the guy.
    Good player. Just not suitable to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Considering everyone and their dog knew he wasn't wanted at Liverpool, that's a great deal from the club.

Would not be surprised if he scored more league goals than any of our strikers this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Considering everyone and their dog knew he wasn't wanted at Liverpool, that's a great deal from the club.

Would not be surprised if he scored more league goals than any of our strikers this year.

I would being honest, Crystal Palace have been absolute muck for a long time and I dont think Benteke addresses the huge problems they have, he'll score but I dont see him getting 15+......

We are holding out for about three fiddy with the promise of a full bag of Tayto

Think we're better off worrying about ourselves than United. Get the right result today, that's all we can do.

A 2-0 victory over Southampton is certainly not going to give me sleepless nights yet at this stage of the season anyway.

United look very much like a Mourinho team already and their new signings seem to be integrating well. They haven't been seriously tested but their wins are fairly impressive in terms of performance.

I agree we should only worry about ourselves anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Disappointed to see him gone, I had high hopes when he signed, But if he doesn't fit then its great to get most of the money back on him.

Thats probably 6 points dropped to palace this season tho

NukaCola wrote: »
    United look very much like a Mourinho team already and their new signings seem to be integrating well. They haven't been seriously tested but their wins are fairly impressive in terms of performance.

They played brilliantly well yesterday but equally Southampton were totally shìte. I think selling their best players every year has finally caught up to them, never mind the manager.

That new manager Puel looks like he isnt up to it. Long worked hard as always and was then subbed with the manager not even looking at him as he came off the field. What a ponce.

They will do poorly this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Let's get the list in here early, comes in handy when you're craving a thanks or two:

Originally Posted by Owayn

panda
    saps
    sakho/cissohko
    that AVB article
    sturridge
    aresnal
    rarnes and mulitple accounts
    breakfast
    character
    spurs
    jinx
    next year/ our year irony
    anfield cat
    mada postathons
    slow internet and mike/harry
    running from the knees
    PPG
    unbeaten since
    3 games in a week
    suraez and minus 30 goals a season (or sometyhing along those lines)
    and one pound
    phoning in dead
    relentless
    galvanised
    hollow victory
    bittersweet
    roy hodgson
    breakfast club

pulling a doughboy
    shouldn't have sold
    Sakho and painting
    I wish him well
    Net Spend
    Andy Carroll horse gif
    The self portrait
    Colin Pascoe
    Best keeper in the world
    Ginger Mig
    We're signing Reus
    We're signing every good Dortmund player
    Roof truss
    That Shankly picture where he's telling Rodgers he's shîte
    Nervol
    rues as a left back
    Victory Moses and his 20 goals.
    Borini's movement
    Enricky and his few recurring jokes - a complete 180 etc
    Borini and his sisters lingerie
    Sturridge 4.6
    Knex hating Sturridge (I think you're lying here turty, we all know you hate him)
    Chandsome
    **** off Martin
    The Fowler/Ian Ayre piggyback pic.
    the whole 'thank ****' thing.
    leaning
    Stewie and his bins
    5starpool and being a loser
    Hit Der Wuudwurk
    Sterling and his babies
    Mignoletting
    Going OTT.
    Keeping <name> will be the best bit of business this summer
    Adam/Adams
    Doni
    Baboon heart
    combined first elevens
    Mike and being old
    Jay Spearing and Pointing
    Sturridge and not injury prone
    Sturridge and God
    Sturridge injury prone
    insertwordception
    this list

No, we never reus(e) jokes on here.

Deadwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Long worked hard as always and was then subbed with the manager not even looking at him as he came off the field. What a ponce.

Southampton were 2-0 down at the time but decent amount still on the clock and Long walked slowly off the pitch in a sulk. In the Brian Clough era it was definitely a punchable offence :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

We wish.

Not the worst player, but the most stupid signing. Because most of us could see the car crash waiting to happen and yet we had a transfer committee, that's an actual bunch of people who all sat around a table and agreed that he was a shrewd signing.

I'd love to have been at that meeting. The smell of hash in the air must have been palpable :D

While I agree with you 100%, I think it would have been totally different if he scored that header against Spurs.
    I think we would have ended up in this predicament anyway but would have been easier to find a buyer as he would have had a few goals at least.

• Advertisement

Milkers wrote: »
    Southampton were 2-0 down at the time but decent amount still on the clock and Long walked slowly off the pitch in a sulk. In the Brian Clough era it was definitely a punchable offence :-)

Long was the only player who looked like he might be able to score. Came close on two occasions. Im sure he was frustrated with his teams display. Why Redmond is playing as a striker is beyond me, he's an average winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We wish.

I smoke a bit and I don't think I've ever made a decision as stupid as that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Joe Allen taking corners for Stoke. I don't think he ever got close to the corner flag when playing for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Way too early yet, City looked odds on after a few games last season.

Get a win today and Arsenal lose would be a good day for us. That isn't Arsenal specific for sensitive souls, any rivals starting poorly is good for us, obviously!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We are holding out for about three fiddy with the promise of a full bag of Tayto
    If it's prawn cocktail - no fcukin' way. Otherwise, maybe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Le tiss just said on ssn thatif mane plays like he did against arsenal every wk then he will be playing for one of the big boys in Spain next summer,what an ultimate prick he is,the fat lazy cnut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Le tiss just said on ssn thatif mane plays like he did against arsenal every wk then he will be playing for one of the big boys in Spain next summer,what an ultimate prick he is,the fat lazy cnut

Janey, we have our summer tour img schedule for next summer sorted all ready.

Based on the penalties awarded in the Stoke vs City game, it's safe to say we got rid of Skrtel at the absolute ideal time. They're finally cracking down on shirt-pulling and general grappling in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

shamrock55 wrote: »

He's prob right... tho that would mean we'd likely have top 4 locked up so it wouldn't be the worst.

Thank got Skrtel is gone, if the City game is any indication of how refs are gonna be this season he'd have given away at least 2 penos per game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He's prob right... tho that would mean we'd likely have top 4 locked up so it wouldn't be the worst.

Thank got Skrtel is gone, if the City game is any indication of how refs are gonna be this season he'd have given away at least 2 penos per game.

Came on to post it also, he would have been sent off every game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement