Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jayzuz hes such a pool hater and thanks whore the link posted is for a match at anfield ,taken a good while back... Humour thread..obvious candidate..needs to get out more
    Yeah, spotted that.

The Sterling jersey should have been a dead giveaway but it'll be so much sweeter at seasons end:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea Barca were crap, that's why we won.
    We would have won on any day, we played carefree football in front of a stadium full of our fans. This carefree approach will be replaced with jitters against Arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've just copped, that I've made a grievous error.

I'm going to be in Croke Park watching fecking hurling.

I'm sorry, my thread membership card that entitles me to 10% at dunkin donuts is in the post to whomever is thread administrator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ricero wrote: »
    If anfield was the size of wembley we would sell it out every week. Amazing support

Meanwhile Everton also played a friendly against a La Liga side today...in their own stadium... and only 12,080 showed up

8-10 wrote: »
    Meanwhile Everton also played a friendly against a La Liga side today...in their own stadium... and only 12,080 showed up

And this is a genuine photo taken at the game today:

JS96444865.jpg

• Advertisement

JS96444865.jpg
    He's turning into Steve McClaren:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jayzuz hes such a pool hater and thanks whore the link posted is for a match at anfield ,taken a good while back... Humour thread..obvious candidate..needs to get out more

and no surprise on the 1st thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Charlie19 wrote: »
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/06/liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-refuses-to-answer-question-from-the-sun-journalist-6052435/

The clip is in that link. Sounds to me that he's just making it clear that he'll never have interest in their paper. Maybe I'm wrong.

He clearly says it's not because of Liverpool but because of something that will happen in then next few days/weeks. Are the rag doing a negative story about Klopp in the next few days or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

and no surprise on the 1st thanks

It's always the sign of a really crap dig.

Yeah, spotted that.

The Sterling jersey should have been a dead giveaway but it'll be so much sweeter at seasons end:)

Guy in the video wearing an Ajax cap, clearly predicting an Eredivisie/KNVB Cup/Europa League treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just finished watching the full game, nice result.

Mane was superb, great outlet going forward and great pace, Firmino was the only one that looked off the pace, but everyone else looked ready to go.

That Mattheu(sp?) chap should'nt be within an ass's roar of that Barca team, a Barca team that looked unfit it has to be said.

If one thing was learned today its that lad being an absolute turd of a player. Mortified we were linked with him this summer.

JS96448933.jpg

JS96448911.jpg

klopp.jpg

Something about to be revealed soon, it seems from that video.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

^^ They must have some personal $hite on him or his family which they are going to print for maximum exposure as the season starts.

Whatever it is, fcuk them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Here is Suarez taking the piss out of Firmino's haircut. Proper order too.

https://twitter.com/Official_T4O/status/762046493159149569

Funny that the entire squad is going to Germany tomorrow as well. I'd imagine there will be quite a few changes anyhow. Beinteresting to see if Klopp plays Moreno at all given that he is our only real option at left back, although I believe Klavan can play there too?

I assume Ings, Manninger, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Ojo, Randall, Brannagan will get some decent game time anyhow with a sprinkling of players from today getting some minutes as well, probably Henderson, Lallana, Origi who played less pre-season games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mormank wrote: »
    He clearly says it's not because of Liverpool but because of something that will happen in then next few days/weeks. Are the rag doing a negative story about Klopp in the next few days or something?

When I first watched it, I initially thought it might be a translation thing and he meant.. Its not just because he's at Liverpool that he won't talk, he wouldn't talk to them anyway. But after watching again, It does sound like there might be something about to come out.

I really hope he doesn't play that Pokemon shyte;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Manninger
    Randall---Matip--U23--Wisdom
    Stewart
    ---Alex-Arnold--Branners (isn't he going to loan to Wigan?)
    ----Marko---Ings----Ojo

Manninger
    Randall---Matip--U23--Wisdom
    Stewart
    ---Alex-Arnold--Branners (isn't he going to loan to Wigan?)
    ----Marko---Ings----Ojo

I thought Brannagan was gone on loan too, but he was on the bench earlier I think so obviously not official anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

5starpool wrote: »
    Funny that the entire squad is going to Germany tomorrow as well. I'd imagine there will be quite a few changes anyhow. Beinteresting to see if Klopp plays Moreno at all given that he is our only real option at left back, although I believe Klavan can play there too?

I assume Ings, Manninger, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Ojo, Randall, Brannagan will get some decent game time anyhow with a sprinkling of players from today getting some minutes as well, probably Henderson, Lallana, Origi who played less pre-season games.

Klavan LB makes sense. Would like to see Stewart start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw a rumour on a fan site on facebook that clyne is involved in some sex tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That came out while he was away with England.

The tape was from before he got married by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

JS96444865.jpg

Only 5 minutes into the game.

As long as there is no rapeyness to it, it doesn't matter too much really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just watched the 2nd half now . Mane was great , stewart did himself no harm and overall a good training game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mane just looks incredible for us. Provides another dimension. Unbelievably quick but also awesome control. He will be huge this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I think people are just getting paranoid.

Klopp seemed to not take questions from the sun purely because they are the sun...............

He told the Journo it wasnt anything personal and he is more than welcome to stay and take notes, but he will not answer questions from the sun. He did say that its not because he is at Liverpool but he just doesnt want to answer questions from them. He even asked the journo is he still working for them and when the journo said yes, he reiterated that he wont answer any of that papers questions.

Sounds innocent enough and in no way like they are about to release this huge story where Klopp and Sakho are going all Walter and Jesse or anything

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think people are just getting paranoid.

Klopp seemed to not take questions from the sun purely because they are the sun...............

He told the Journo it wasnt anything personal and he is more than welcome to stay and take notes, but he will not answer questions from the sun. He did say that its not because he is at Liverpool but he just doesnt want to answer questions from them. He even asked the journo is he still working for them and when the journo said yes, he reiterated that he wont answer any of that papers questions.

Sounds innocent enough and in no way like they are about to release this huge story where Klopp and Sakho are going all Walter and Jesse or anything

Youre wrong. He clearly said it was due to things that will happen in the coming days/ weeks. I.e
    They are preparing to publish some story which will embarass the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Who next for our wolf-pack?
    Ungowa!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

We saw England beat Germany before the Euros and it got their tails up. It turned out to be utterly meaningless, just like the game tonight.

Hate this. If we'd been heavily beaten, it would have been dissected, players castigated etc. We played very well, looked very cohesive.
    To suggest it was meaningless, given that it was our last proper run out before Arsenal next weekend, is just totally wrong.

Could have been 1-3 down at half time
    We took our chances
    They did not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

We took our chances
    They did not

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. They had chances yes, but through a combination of defending, keeping and hitting the post, they didn't. We took our chances, were far more clinical in front of goal. A deserved win and no amount of 'they could've been this or that' is going to change that. Let's just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

Yes liverpool will win the premiership this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

We took our chances
    They did not

That's football tho :confused: The winning team is always the one that took their chances and finished with more goals. Any game could finish with a different result. The best team on the day is the team that takes their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's a friendly so the result doesn't matter though. As positive as signs for our pressing and attacking were, there were very negative indications regarding how easily we were cut open at the back in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's a friendly so the result doesn't matter though. As positive as signs for our pressing and attacking were, there were very negative indications regarding how easily we were cut open at the back in the first half.

By Barcelona. Did you think we wouldn't concede any chances against 2 thirds of the best front 3 in football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

That was Barcelona we were playing. Iniesta, Messi and Suarez are likely to do that against far better sides than us.
    I do think that if we had lost 0-4, there would an autopsy here. As it is, we won, only a friendly, move on. It's an annoying tendency.
    What did we learn? Mané could be a very exciting signing. This might be the season when Lallana justifies his existence. Klavan could prove to be a very astute signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Some people will focus on the negatives I suppose, no embarrassment that Barca made chances against us.......I certainly wouldn't use "very negative indications" or "easily cut open" even when you have Milner at LB and a third choice CB starting against Luis/Messi/Munir/D Suarez. They certainly weren't embarrassing us going forward.

Munirs ball to Suarez who was in a lot of space and had a his shot saved and Cans mistake for Messi's attempt that hit the post were two poor bits of defending.

Mig saved a deflected shot and Milner made a good challenge on Turan for the follow up, they had a half chance when Messi and Suarez combined.

Only the extremely negative/unfair would say Barca would be 3-1 up if they took all their chances while conversely saying our chances didn't matter.

As far as preseason goes, new signings settling in, fitness is up, pressing looks good, defending for the most part is steady a few mistakes but players aren't match sharp yet and being played out of position, scoring goals, fast and effective attacking........overall good signs.......I dont read into the results and obviously there are a few issues but nothing I wouldn't expect with the personnel chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We took our chances
    They did not

We also could've been 4-0 up. Do you want to mention that, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Looking at the highlights only as I hate friendlies was expecting to see half a barca team but they were nearly full strength. Positive signs for the upcoming season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Break out season for Markovic coming up, I think.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Break out season for Markovic coming up, I think.

Well something needs to happen for him, he has two assists in pre-season but in general play it feels like he's too willing to let it drift by him.

Happy people in the posh seats missed the 2nd and 3rd goals :pac:

On the Sun and Klopp, make of this what you will.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/sun-rewrite-history-claiming-liverpools-dejan-lovren-missed-euro-2016-wife-cheated/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What time and channel are we on today?

What time and channel are we on today?

2.45 but not sure where

I'd say the internet is the only place you'll see this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anyone that reads The Sun is a moron. I don't say that as a Liverpool fan,I say that as a human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone that reads The Sun is a moron. I don't say that as a Liverpool fan,I say that as a human being.

Sometimes though, they need reminding.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dominic Iorfa who plays for Wolves & England u21's would be a good signing for backup RB & maybe play LB too.
    He is 6"4,Very quick,Good in the air a weakness of Clyne & Moreno & probably not going to cost a huge sum. He would a good signing & has been excellent for Wolves & still 21.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement