Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

That shot there summed Sturridge up.

Half arsed effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Bit better there... we're all getting carried away. We haven't been as bad as it seems but we need a goal soon.

We need a new captain... or someone who's a leader. 19 shots 4 on target. Someone needs to talk to them and bollock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No one will risk buying Sturridge - NO ONE! That said every chance Klopp will sell him next summer...

I stand by that even more after that show. Sure he is back first game but all the weakness of his game were on display and it's not as if he is going to re-discover any pace now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel like I'm watching a loop of the same 30 seconds over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I loved the part where Coutinho played him through for a 1 on 1 and he jogged after it.

.... need another 6/8 games to see how we are shaping up. You get days like this, early goal conceded makes it tough..... such is football.

20 mins to go but can't see us rescuing a pt out of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I come in peace but I truly believe ye will be looking for a new manager next season and that Everton currently have a better one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I come in peace but I truly believe ye will be looking for a new manager next season and that Everton currently have a better one

Post reported ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Peace you say.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Says the supporter of a team that thought they had won the world cup after Wimbledon threw that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you really, truly believe that, then theres a hospital out there somewhere with a patient missing.

....why didn't you reveal this thought last Sunday? This morning? Yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    We were probably fortunate yesterday truth be told to come up against an Arsenal team that was fairly depleted but mentally, I'm hoping it will be a huge and confidence boosting win.

As Francie said earlier no point in grinding out that result yesterday only to falter against Burnley (no disrespect intended to them). I think this team has happily let themselves be labelled the underdogs for long enough, and it's now time to prove that they're ****ing winners.

Looks like nothing has changed.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Just looking at a few transfer figures there, Liverpool spend £62m and take in £73m this summer, so far. People mat say the club is being run in the right way but it depends what you want. I want us to compete for the league title. With a transfer policy like that we haven't a hope. Not a hope.

Turtyturd wrote: »

He was the worst player on the pitch today. And Klavan and Henderson made that an accomplishment.

Can needs to start against Spurs.

Without Mane we're the same team as last season atm. I expect we'll improve in that regards but doesn't make today any less frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

****in clueless performance,absolutley abysmal

Sums up our day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Both fullbacks need replacing to be honest

Clynes final ball is appalling 99% of the time

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Both fullbacks need replacing to be honest

Clynes final ball is appalling 99% of the time

You're insane. Clyne is one of the best right backs in the league. He's a full back no David Beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I said at the start of the season 6th is the best we can achieve. We're so far behind the big clubs.

Klopp needs his head checked with that starting 11 today. Clueless selection.

And i'm not even going to talk about the performance of our club captain.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You're insane. Clyne is one of the best right backs in the league. He's a full back no David Beckham.

Increasingly that is what is needed from full backs on better team.

Teams are happy for us to let both full backs have it as they aimlessly kick it into the first man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus there is honestly no positives to take from today. Dreadful from start to finish. Klopp needs to ring the changes next week, far too many passengers here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well if this doesn't convince Klopp that Liverpool need more than Henderson and Lallana in the centre, nothing will. Both just aren't good enough to be regular starters for a team with Champions League aspirations. Everytime the ball came to Henderson in particular, Burnley had four or five extra seconds to regroup and get back into position. He's so slow with the ball at his feet and it's killing Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Most Liverpool result ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well this is all I have to say about that pile of shît:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm gonna abandon this thread for a day or two.

On the plus side it has significantly lowered my expectations with regards to McGregor winning later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sturridge was so obviously not match fit its hard to understand why he started.....

• Advertisement

Well if this doesn't convince Klopp that Liverpool need more than Henderson and Lallana in the centre, nothing will. Both just aren't good enough to be regular starters for a team with Champions League aspirations. Everytime the ball came to Henderson in particular, Burnley had four or five extra seconds to regroup and get back into position. He's so slow with the ball at his feet and it's killing Liverpool.

Agree with the just of it but I do think there are games where they'll be fine but against teams willing to pack the defence we need someone who can move the ball quickly. Will Can be that guy?

I doubt we buy anyone tho and if we do it'll be Dahoud and he's not that kind of player either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Clyne was appalling today and against Arsenal. His passing has been very poor. I want last seasons Clyne back, dont know what happened to him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Two games in with 15 minutes of looking like a team. Not a good sign.

Milner at LB - No
    Henderson/Wijnaldum in CM together - No
    Short corners - No

Seriously 2-0 down and the approach didn't change, slow and trying to walk it through the middle all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I know we put in couple performances like that in every now and then but that was up there with the worst of them. Can't afford any more of that muck. Slow, lethargic and clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

A midfield pairing of Henderson and Wijdhcbdskhvbd won't get you within an ass's roar of top 4 never mind anything higher.

I've been saying it since last January BUY A PROPER CENTRAL MIDFIELDER...Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Clyne was appalling today and against Arsenal. His passing has been very poor. I want last seasons Clyne back, dont know what happened to him...

Edit: double post

It's been two games,he hasn't been great but come on.

It's been two games,he hasn't been great but come on.

He is a decent top 8 players (along with a few others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Top marks for Sean Dyche's set up and to the Burnley defence (All 10 of them ;) ) Simple tactics worked well, but we were toothless and very poor for a lot of that. Mane could have maybe made a difference, but we'll never know. You don't keep up around the top 4 with too many of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did not see the game was listening to it as i was driving but this is how i am feeling after two games.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fromvert wrote: »
    Two games in with 15 minutes of looking like a team. Not a good sign.

Milner at LB - No
    Henderson/Wijnaldum in CM together - No
    Short corners - No

Was thinking the same thing,we have played well for 20 mins in 2 games,I don't get it tbh,Henderson,lallana,loveren,mig,we're all utter ****e last season yet here they are still playing with us,how do we expect to improve if we keep playing the same ****e players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Same problems as Rodgers' time.

We haven't put together a team that can win these games. It's not about performances and it's not even really about tactics or selection.
    We don't have the options we need.

Bar Clyne who was dreadful and Wijnaldum who was a little anonymous up front and didn't contribute much in midfield either, nobody played particularly badly.

We don't have the direct options in enough abundance and it's not really fair to send a team out like that without the tools for the job and expect them to win.

It doesn't look like Ings, Markovic or a few other fringe attacking players are fancied, so stop pissing about with them and get the other direct attacking player with pace we should've signed instead of Wijnaldum.

Won't happen of course. Despite having spent nothing, this is what we are for some reason.
    I don't understand. At all.

If Klopp can't see now that we still need signings then I don't know what to think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mane massive loss today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lets not go crazy now, it was a poor performance, and poor game management/selection from Klopp......its obvious and many have said it, we need more in CM and we need a proper LB......with Sakho coming back and Matip coming back we'll be better in defence(hopefully), add in Mané and a sharper Sturridge and we'll be much better I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'm gonna abandon this thread for a day or two.

On the plus side it has significantly lowered my expectations with regards to McGregor winning later.

Lump on Diaz the first 2 rounds my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How long left in the transfer window cos we need to do some serious shopping

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Mane massive loss today

Benteke would have been a better option than our 'World Class striker, better than anyone in the league except for Aguero if he wasn't injured 99% of the time' today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lets not go crazy now, it was a poor performance, and poor game management/selection from Klopp......its obvious and many have said it, we need more in CM and we need a proper LB......with Sakho coming back and Matip coming back we'll be better in defence(hopefully), add in Mané and a sharper Sturridge and we'll be ok I think...

CM and LB weren't really the issue today though.

Mane was a loss, but what kind of brain damage do the hierarchy in the club have that we can't get past sticking all our attacking eggs in one basket every bloody season?

As for sharper Sturridge, he didn't look any different than he has since recovering from his injury last Spring.

He wasn't that bad against Arsenal. Certainly not in attack tho he got done by Chamberlain for the 2nd goal.

We conceded too early. We can't do that. It makes it too easy for them.

Its only the 2nd game of the season. There's no need to panic, have a bit of faith in our manager. He's seeing the same things we are. He 100% made some mistakes today but i expect he'll correct them.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much we missed Mane. We bought him for games like that one. We had nobody to drive at their back four and commit men. Klopp probably thought Sturridge would do that, he didn't. Milner offered nothing on the left, he has no recovery pace either. We honestly missed Moreno, people will laugh but we did. Either buy a real left back or play Albie. Milner is not an option.

Henderson was a disaster. His passing is laboured and slow. Its odd as during our 30 min spell against Arsenal he was zipping passes around and was one of the keys to it all. I think he lacks vision, he looked up today and saw a wall of Burnley players and didn't know what to do. He'd have been better off driving at them.

We didn't utilise the gap between the tucked full back and their winger at all. Thats how you combat that but Coutinho instead constantly cut inside, honestly its the weakest part of his game. So frustrating when he does it, we have goal threats in the team he doesn't need to be the one doing it every time.

I'm not overly panicked but the issues are there. We can correct them tho. Its not like we were played off the park. It was literally one of those days. We need to start matches with a better tempo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement