Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    We have stewart and Lucas and Can but klopp doesnt use a sitter by the looks of it. I dont think Can can play that role anyway...he roams forward too much.
    Thats why i said when the situation needs or calls for it. I'm not specifically talking about Burnley because we owned the ball and did f*ck all with it. More the games where we got 4-1 up (arsenal) 2-0 up (sunderland, newcastle, southampton) etc etc. Games where its ok to bring on a DM and close the game out. It seems to be all or nothing with us...and thats great for exciting heavy metal football...but its not gonna win you the league, its not gonna get you even close to top 4. We finished 8th last year with results all over the place. I hope Klopp sorts it out, cos when plan A doesnt work does he have a plan B?

We had European football to focus on. Once the top 4 was gone there was a marked decline in our league performances and we rested players regularly.

Klopp has his ideas on how football should be played. For the most part we will be playing football that way. Its why we hired him... unless you think that winning multiple leagues with Dortmund isn't more relevant than less than a full season with us with a squad he inherited..?

He's shown before that he's more than willing to bring on a cdm to help us close the game out or Lucas would never get a look in. What game did we lose down to not bringing on a cdm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

It took Klopp over 2 years to get Dortmund challenging for a league title.
    At this stage, despite the disappointment of losing to Burnley, it's like complaining that we're not in the lead after the first 100m of a marathon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Knex. wrote: »
    I keep forgetting we have a game tomorrow.

At about 10pm tomorrow night you might regret remembering we have a game:p

Speaking of which, what sort of team do you lot think Klopp will go with, full 1st team , squad players, or a mix?

Edit:I'd like to see a midfield three of Can, Grujic, and wijadljdncljdcn, i think that might be our most balanced combination going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

At this stage, despite the disappointment of losing to Burnley, it's like complaining that we're not in the lead after the first 100m of a marathon

That's a fair point, i need to remind myself of that more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I want to see Origi, Can, Grujic, Stewart and Matip all start. Ings too, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You can see Liverpool lose another away game tonight - the U23s are playing Chelsea! :p

CqeqY76XYAEDql3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We had European football to focus on. Once the top 4 was gone there was a marked decline in our league performances and we rested players regularly.

Klopp has his ideas on how football should be played. For the most part we will be playing football that way. Its why we hired him... unless you think that winning multiple leagues with Dortmund isn't more relevant than less than a full season with us with a squad he inherited..?

He's shown before that he's more than willing to bring on a cdm to help us close the game out or Lucas would never get a look in. What game did we lose down to not bringing on a cdm?

We still finished eighth, European football or not. In any man's language that's very poor for a club with aspirations like Liverpool.

I know klopp plays football one way, but it's ok to question certain things if i dont think it's right. It's what being a fan is all about. Do you think klopp has a plan b besides gegenpressing?i havent seen evidence of it. Everyone is allowed have an opinion and query the manager or players if they feel that the team or club could being doing better.

We didn't win any of those two nils I mentioned in my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Does fixing some things or making gradual improvements count as success when you're still missing glaring issues?

It's a bit like a striker missing 4 open goals but then scoring one.
    Has he had a good game?

We knew almost straight away what Klopp was bringing to the table.
    Those attributes haven't gone anywhere.

This doesn't feel like a blip in the road or a bad day in the office though.

It has many of the hallmarks of the worst of Klopp's Liverpool performances last season.
    We've addressed the issues at the root of these performances in part, but when you have so much room to improve the business we've done cannot possibly be said to be enough.

It amounts to Mané or bust and hoping that our new defenders are enough to make us fluke our way through all the breaks we invite onto ourselves.

Maybe all the little improvements will amount to a big change but when our performances against teams who sit deep have been so **** for so long it's hard to be optimistic.
    And I felt that way before we lost to Burnley.

If we were doing all we could and weren't good enough then I wouldn't have any issues at all with this logic. We're not though.
    We pretty much have 1 full back in the squad who you'd be happy to see play any game.
    We have so few direct options up front.

This isn't even a stylistic thing. Klopp had loads of players through the door at Dortmund who tick the stylistic boxes for what we're missing - DMs of different kinds like Bender, Sahin and Gundogan, direct or wide attackers like Reus, Blasczykowski, Mhktarian...
    He knows what these lads look like.

Even if you just take Mané I think that represents extra goals in the side and more points.
    Karius is probably a few goals saved on Mignolet.
    That could be 6-9 pts right there.

We're definitely making progress but I think it's perfectly reasonable to be pissed when we seem to also be cocking things up so much simultaneously.

We've had a lot of false dawns at this club and everyone was looking at this season and just expecting a coherent and reasonable application of our considerable financial muscle (not as big as others but still big) to get the most of our world class manager.
    It doesn't look like that though. It looks like more wasted opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

ricero wrote: »
    Agree with nearly most of all you say there but i would still be open to a potential investment, not a full buy-out.

I would welcome FSG to remain majority shareholder but this potential Chinese investment could help us with building a brand new training facility, upgrading the anfield road end of the stadium and also helping us acquire new talent by being able to offer top wages.

Introducing Chinese co-owners, minority or otherwise, would be a risky move IMO. It's rare that any party buying into a business don't want to influence how it's run. FSG are a well settled stable set of owners who don't interfere (as far as anyone can tell) with the way the manager they've hired runs the football side of club, they are financially responsible and appear to be taking a long term view of ownership. If that dynamic changes via the introduction of a new co-owner it could lead to a lot of trouble and a lot of board room hassle once the initial honeymoon period is over.

Also, new co-owners does not necessarily mean any new investment in the club. If FSG sell the Chinese some of their shares FSG pocket the proceeds. It's only if new shares are issued that the club would benefit.

I don't think we need new owners to finance transfers (big name transfers isn't how Klopp operates), pay wages (I don't recall losing too many players to higher wages elsewhere) or finance more development of the stadium.

If it ain't broken..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We signed a manager who has a style of play he prefers yet we want him to sign players that fit how we imagine that we should be setting up. Even when you look at the midfielders we missed out on they're not cdms. We won't be playing with a proper cdm and tbh what games would we be using one in? We've a pretty good record against the better teams and we hardly needed a Mascherano on sundayl. If an Alonso type player is what we need then fair enough but tbh he's just not mobile enough for what Klopp wants out of his midfielders.

It doesn't really matter what you want to call that role, but whatever role Henderson played on Saturday, that's what we need a much better version of. Maybe that's Can, we can only hope. But the person who stays deeper, dropping in between the CB's (as Hendo was asked to do all game) and tracking danger, needs to be so much better.

Just look at both goals. For the first Henderson is in that exact position, in front of and between the CB's. Except he's serving no purpose. When Clyne gets the ball, Hendo's not making himself available as an option. Then Clyne loses it. Now, that position that Hendo played in, their job on that occasion would be to move towards the attacker, narrowing the passing angle and getting a block in, or to back off to the one unmarked man at the edge of the box and stop him receiving it. He did neither, was easily passed around, and Vokes scores.

Second goal, Hendo's again in that safety defensive mid position, and tries to track Defours run, but he does so from such a distance that it serves no purpose...a player with the proper instincts for that position with tailor their run to put them between Defour and Gray, so that you're not totally committing yourself, but also not offering an easy ball to slip through. Instead, he's again in no man's land and effectively might as well not be there. The pass to Gray is completely open, he receives, comes inside and scores.

So maybe Klopp doesn't use a DM - but he uses something that's an awful lot like it in terms of positioning, and we just don't have the player for that role. Someone with more natural instincts, would have acted decisively and could have stopped both goals, and several other breaks we allowed them, but its a quality our squad is bereft of. Kante could easily have done that job, as well as playing Klopp's high intensity running game, and maintaining just as high a standard of passing as our current players. Hell, to look at some ex-Southampton players (as is our want) so could Schneiderlin and Wanyama. Box to box guys with more defensive intelligence than we possess.

Some folks have commented on this running defensive aspect, where Hendo can cover all this ground - but those two goals were the perfect example how how running around is of zero use if you're not in the right place. There's a lot more space on the field than there are bodies, so its vital that your defensive runs put you into the key channel to stop play from developing.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what you want to call that role, but whatever role Henderson played on Saturday, that's what we need a much better version of. Maybe that's Can, we can only hope. But the person who stays deeper, dropping in between the CB's (as Hendo was asked to do all game) and tracking danger, needs to be so much better.

Just look at both goals. For the first Henderson is in that exact position, in front of and between the CB's. Except he's serving no purpose. When Clyne gets the ball, Hendo's not making himself available as an option. Then Clyne loses it. Now, that position that Hendo played in, their job on that occasion would be to move towards the attacker, narrowing the passing angle and getting a block in, or to back off to the one unmarked man at the edge of the box and stop him receiving it. He did neither, was easily passed around, and Vokes scores.

Second goal, Hendo's again in that safety defensive mid position, and tries to track Defours run, but he does so from such a distance that it serves no purpose...a player with the proper instincts for that position with tailor their run to put them between Defour and Gray, so that you're not totally committing yourself, but also not offering an easy ball to slip through. Instead, he's again in no man's land and effectively might as well not be there. The pass to Gray is completely open, he receives, comes inside and scores.

So maybe Klopp doesn't use a DM - but he uses something that's an awful lot like it in terms of positioning, and we just don't have the player for that role. Someone with more natural instincts, would have acted decisively and could have stopped both goals, and several other breaks we allowed them, but its a quality our squad is bereft of. Kante could easily have done that job, as well as playing Klopp's high intensity running game, and maintaining just as high a standard of passing as our current players. Hell, to look at some ex-Southampton players (as is our want) so could Schneiderlin and Wanyama. Box to box guys with more defensive intelligence than we possess.

Some folks have commented on this running defensive aspect, where Hendo can cover all this ground - but those two goals were the perfect example how how running around is of zero use if you're not in the right place. There's a lot more space on the field than there are bodies, so its vital that your defensive runs put you into the key channel to stop play from developing.

But Klopp thinks he can develop players to do this. If can was fit he'd have been playing but he's still not 100% ready. In no way do I think that Hendo was anything other than poor at the weekend but just going out and buying a player to do x isn't Klopp's way. He wants to develop players and for me that should be lauded.

If we lose 4-5 game from the first ten then we can start questioning the man but I doubt we will and we certainly shouldn't be doing it after one defeat. Even if it's an exceptionally frustrating one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Under Houllier at our best we had Hamann doing it. Under Rafa at our best we had Masch doing it. Hopefully Klopp can find his version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This time it was broken in The Times & The Finacial Times and they are naming names in those stories who the Chinese side are and who they are using intermediary and the day before this all broke FSG released a statement saying they were looking to sell.

Put all of these together and there is more than likely moves been make to buy the club from China.

FSG looking to sell? When did they say that?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

When I thonk of Liverpool I see a side that it over thinking things on the pitch. Sometimes you just have to go out and beat the team in front of you, too many of our players look like puppets.
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT
    STICK TO THE BLUE PRINT

No one wants to do anything individual. Mane does, but for how long. Will he too succumb to the robotic way of playing. No leader against Burnley, just a blue print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Quick look but dortmund had the likes of bender, gundogan, kehl at cdm. We've got Can, henderson and wijnaldum. Not exactly "sitters" are they?

We've also had plenty of games where we've left teams back into the game by poor game management...both by the players and the manager. Or do the games against Southampton, Norwich, Sunderland etc etc (or the latest one) Arsenal not count? So it goes both ways.

I'm not saying rip up the play book but have a look at what you can do to actually stop the opposition scoring. Buying, or utilising, a recognised CDM would be a start for when the situation needs or calls for it.

We've a worse record against the relegated and newly promoted teams last season than against the traditional top 5 teams under Klopp, that trend continues this season, albeit 2 games. It's becoming a worrying trend.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    We've a worse record against the relegated and newly promoted teams last season than against the traditional top 5 teams under Klopp, that trend continues this season, albeit 2 games. It's becoming a worrying trend.

Seems to me it's a better problem than the other way around. One is a lot easier to fix. And makes us better prepared for any future European games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Strolling down the vegas strip the other night after the fight, saw didi hamman stopped for a chat what a bloke. Asked me about the fight and had a quick chat about liverpool reckons outside of emre the central midfield is abysmal and we will continue to produce erratic results because of it.

Good looking Mrs he has too.

I was delighted one of my favourite liverpool players ever and he was sound out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You can see Liverpool lose another away game tonight - the U23s are playing Chelsea! :p

CqeqY76XYAEDql3.png

We've had some great names through the ranks. Wisdom, Virtue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where did I say they were looking to sell?

FSG came out the day before all this broke saying they weren't interested in selling.

It would be foolish of anyone no matter what business they are in to say they want to sell something when they know people are interested in buying.

Someone is looking to buy the club that is what is know it's up to FSG now to see if the bid if worth it to them or not.

I for one am very happy with FSG and always have been they said when they came in the wouldn't throw money into the club and that it would have to generate it's on money and right now that's where the club stands now with very little debt.

If the bubble were to bust on Football tomorrow the club would be able to come out the other side still very strong compared to a lot of teams around Europe.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

These stories usually appear in Goal, Caughtoffside, 90mins etc sites like this.

This time it was broken in The Times & The Finacial Times and they are naming names in those stories who the Chinese side are and who they are using intermediary and the day before this all broke FSG released a statement saying they were looking to sell.

Put all of these together and there is more than likely moves been make to buy the club from China.
    Where did I say they were looking to sell?

FSG came out the day before all this broke saying they weren't interested in selling.

It would be foolish of anyone no matter what business they are in to say they want to sell something when they know people are interested in buying.

Someone is looking to buy the club that is what is know it's up to FSG now to see if the bid if worth it to them or not.

I for one am very happy with FSG and always have been they said when they came in the wouldn't throw money into the club and that it would have to generate it's on money and right now that's where the club stands now with very little debt.

If the bubble were to bust on Football tomorrow the club would be able to come out the other side still very strong compared to a lot of teams around Europe.

You literally said in the first post that they said they were looking to sell. Did you mean weren't instead of were?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    You literally said in the first post that they said they were looking to sell. Did you mean weren't instead of were?

n't left out :o

May hire a proofreader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tony Barrett just tweeted that we're considering sending Sakho on loan to get back on track.

He must be trolling. Surely.

Interesting!
    Tony Barrett

@TonyBarretTimes

Liverpool are considering allowing Mamadou Sakho to go out on loan as they look to get the defender back on track.
    10:30 PM - 22 Aug 2016

163 163 Retweets

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tony Barrett just tweeted that we're considering sending Sakho on loan to get back on track.

He must be trolling. Surely.

FFS! This club baffles me at times

Please please please. Please please please play Sakho please.

Matip--Lovren
    (Can)-(Klavan)
    (Lucas)-(Gomez)

Karius-Klavan konfusion.

Matip--Lovren
    (Can)-(Karius)
    (Lucas)-(Gomez)

Que?

The centre back options for the season probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only explanation for loaning Sakho out is we're singing Silva or Godin.

Or there's a stadium out there that needs a serious painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

corwill wrote: »
    We have the same problem now as we've been having since Alonso and Masch left, which is a lack of control in midfield.

What I'm getting a bit twitchy about is that I'm not sure that Klopp wants or values that sort of control in the middle.

Gegenpressing is all well and good when it works, but we seem to be dependent on it working from whistle to whistle every single match, all season long. Is that realistic?

Plus Gerrard has never been replaced either.

I know Klopps MO is to buy young and develop talent and thats fair enough. But sometimes you need to break the bank and bring in proven talent that will make a difference in midfield. Im not going to mention the M word as lets face it, even if we wanted to spend €60m+ on a player we dont seem able to attract this caliber of player. But there has to be someone out there in the €40-€60m range who fits the bill. Problem is though this is not Klopps MO and after the Rogers spend fest its probably something FSG are wary of too.

But as it stand Klopp is gambling on Can, Grujic and Stewart all coming good. Will that happen I dont know but if it turns out only 1 of the 3 makes the standard where are we? If none of them do then forget about a top 4 challenge IMO.

Whats frustrating about this though is that we had the exact same problems under Rogers. The 2013 title challenge fell apart not by the final two games but by the many draws and losses to teams who stacked their penalty box. If the team does not learn to break these tactics down then we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. Maybe Mane will be the difference on occasion but we cant put all eggs into one basket. We are in bad need of a box to box midfielder who can stamp his authority on games and control the pace of a game. We needed that Vs. Arsenal to avoid those jittery last 10 minutes and we definitely needed it on Saturday as our midfild was getting rolled over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't not agree at all sending Sakho on loan.
    But along with not trusting Sturridge. More clear examples of how big fitness is under Klopp. Sakho has had fitness issues too but been a very good player for us.

Get him back on track by playing him every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some very odd decisions being taken, but none of us work with the players on a daily basis.

Some very odd decisions being taken, but none of us work with the players on a daily basis.

Some very odd decisions going in for a few yrs now. Players signed for big fees, rarely being played, shipped off on endless loan deals.

Does Sakho want to leave for game time? "considering allowing....." He'd not played a minute since late last season Matip and Lovren are almost certainly Klopps preferred paring so maybe he just thinks he won't get much time.

Matip--Lovren
    (Can)-(Karius)
    (Lucas)-(Gomez)

Playing a goalkeeper at CB would be a very bold move. Would he be allowed to use his hands as well?

Here is the Guardian piece of Sakho.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/22/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-changes-efl-cup-burton-albion?CMP=share_btn_tw

Interesting saying that fringe players won't get a go in the cups, although I'd imagine there will be some rotation among the core 18 or so. Good to hear as I really wantus to win something this year, and if we lose with a crappy performance and a good team at least that will be better than playing 9 reserves and losing.

Doesn't sound like Sakho has much of a future under Klopp.

Pity as I like him but he must be a bit of a problem. If so it's his own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    Strolling down the vegas strip the other night after the fight, saw didi hamman stopped for a chat what a bloke. Asked me about the fight and had a quick chat about liverpool reckons outside of emre the central midfield is abysmal and we will continue to produce erratic results because of it.

Good looking Mrs he has too.

I was delighted one of my favourite liverpool players ever and he was sound out.

Hard to disagree to be honest...If you look at our peak midfield during Rafa's days, Can is the only one that might get into the squad, never mind the team.

It's a position that has far too many question marks over it right now...Henderson miles off form and generally played out of position, Lucas halfway out the door and (as much as i still love him, and like him as a backup option) far past his best, Grujic we can hope for but is obviously totally unproven, Wijnaldum again good going forward but huge questions about him being able to dominate in a midfield two, Stewart a decent young player but shouldn't be considered as anything other than backup, Milner a jack of all trades master of none.

Any of those guys I would be happy to have as backup, but Can is the only one I look at and think "there's an LFC starter". With so many question marks, i'd much rather we had 2 solid definite starters who you know can get shit done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Alonso77 wrote:
    Under Houllier at our best we had Hamann doing it. Under Rafa at our best we had Masch doing it. Hopefully Klopp can find his version

And under Hodgson we had Pooson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

There's clearly a lot more to the Sakho thing than that Alcatraz video. The drug ban for one thing must have been considered far more serious by the club than we'd thought.

But thinking about it, Rodgers didn't rate him. His hometown club sold him when he looked like a future captain from the outside. He's obviously not as irreplaceable as we all seem to think. Who knows what he's really like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Damn, the sakho fanboys ain't gonna be too happy about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He must be struggling without the juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not sure about the Sakho loan, but i'm guessing himself and Klopp aren't seeing eye to eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Getting very worried about our defensive options. It looks unlikely we'll buy anyone before the window shuts and are loaning out our best CB last season.
    If this season is no improvement on last, Klopp will be under alot of pressure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I figured Sakho would be 4th in the CB pecking order but even allowing for that i didn't think he'd be loaned out. Bit surprised but at the same time he can be very rash and prone to occasional moments of madness, and then there's the drugs fiasco and getting sent home during pre-season.
    It's not the ideal bunch of stuff to impress your manager in fairness.

We can only trust that Klopp's making the right call and we have Lovren, Matip, Klavan, (plus Lucas and others who are decent there too if needed)
    Plus I think we'll look a lot more stable when a fully fit Can is back in the midfield too.

I still think (hope and pray) that we'll see a LB coming in though.

Two of Lovren, Matip & Klavan are our first choice options if Sakho is loaned out. Klavan was bought to replace Toure not Sakho I would have thought.
    We'll be really struggling if one of the 3 get injured.

Combine that potential issue with our glaring LB issue :(

Augeo wrote: »
    Two of Lovren, Matip & Klavan are our first choice options if Sakho is loaned out. Klavan was bought to replace Toure not Sakho I would have thought.
    We'll be really struggling if one of the 3 get injured.

Combine that potential issue with our glaring LB issue :(

Hopefully Matip and the Cameroon coach don't reconcile before January either or we would lose him for a month for the ACON (with Mane already gone if fit) which wouldn't be great.

I'd say the Sakho loan stuff is rubbish, is it the same Guardian reporter that was going with the Ings door open to leave as well?

So....... Ings piece "credited" to Paul MacInnes and Mark Dobson (one contributed the Benteke to CP & the other the Ings speel maybe), Sakho just Guardian sport....

rubbish anyway I think & hope unless we are buying a CB that looks like can do a first team job, which I doubt we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Damn, the sakho fanboys ain't gonna be too happy about that!

5 goals in two games...

Concidence? I don't Sakho.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement