Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Toby Wilde"s Holistic Ophthalmology Agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NukaCola wrote: »
    Pull yourself together man......

Feel free to quote that in 6 months. He will regarded as one of the worst players ever to wear the jersey.

That's pretty bad thing to say/ I hope I'm wrong. I just can't see it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Feel free to quote that in 6 months. He will regarded as one of the worst players ever to wear the jersey.

That's pretty bad thing to say/ I hope I'm wrong. I just can't see it at the moment.

You're on something a LOT stronger than booze tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We only bought one first team player, just one.
    That's our biggest problem. Mane is making team and rightly so, the rest are meh.
    Grujic is bench warmer regardless of fact Henderson has been so poor.
    Wijnaldum , rather play Can.
    We have not improved first team except for Mane. Even that cheap keeper has looked more dodgy than Mignolet.
    Yep.

I am glad that Klopp is talking about coaching, and not just buying players. But at the same time, you can polish turds.

Yep.

I am glad that Klopp is talking about coaching, and not just buying players. But at the same time, you can polish turds.

Just roll them in glitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We got derby county away in the league cup 3rd round

Derby County away 3rd round League Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Accrington Stanley beat Burnley tonight so...yeah..there's that.

• Advertisement

Derby? Handy draw. At least it wasn't Accrington Stanley.

You'd hope the defence will improve when Mignolet is on the bench where he should be. I think he gives them the fear. He gives me the fear.

Did a Mada there...sorry.

Accrington Stanley beat Burnley who beat Liverpool who beat Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Wijnaldum , rather play Can.

They don't even play the same position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thread has descended into madness....3 games in......

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thread has descended into madness....3 games in......

I just hope we can avoid relegation.

Daniel Sturridge angling for a transfer

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/24/daniel-sturridge-jurgen-klopp-centre-forward-liverpool
    Daniel Sturridge has expressed his disappointment and frustration at being deployed on the wing by Jürgen Klopp and spelt out his desire to play as a centre-forward for Liverpool. With comments that will raise a few eyebrows at Anfield, the forward made it clear that he is not happy out wide, which is where he started in the Premier League defeat against Burnley last Saturday, and said “everyone knows my best position”.

5starpool wrote: »
    I just hope we can avoid relegation.

Garth Crooks doesn't think we can and he is a wise wise man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

'Everyone knows my best position'

Daniel the physio room is your best position with the amount of time you've spent there over the last few years.

Sturridge is just expressing himself. I don't see a huge conflict brewing.
    He will get his games and goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm with Sturridge on this one, waste of his talents and detrimental to the attack playing him out wide.

Firmino lacks killer instinct also. At times a ball is played across the goal and it's just through lack of killer instinct that the defender gets there before him. I've seen it quite a few times, a true striker gets there and makes sure he gets there before defender.

Looking into Sturridge's eyes I can see that he just want to play as a CF..........Not sure why Klopp cant see this himself tbh, basic stuff.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Derby County away 3rd round League Cup

Good chance to see transfer targets Will Hughes and Darren Bent

Think we'll finally get those deals over the line this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well if he wants to leave let him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Looking into Sturridge's eyes I can see that he just want to play as a CF..........Not sure why Klopp cant see this himself tbh, basic stuff.......

No doubt CF is his best position and I wish he was more central for us but there's that nagging thought - run a little more Daniel. Sprint occasionally even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sturridge didn't mention this playing out wide with England but one game under Klopp he is speaking in the media about playing wide for just one game. Poor from Sturridge if it was an extended period out wide I would understand more. His performance Saturday was more to do with a poor attitude than his position.
    He is our best striker & his finishing is top class but whether its injuries taking his toll under Klopp Sturridge stats are still good but he is a long way off his 13/14 form. His lack of pace for whatever reason has been a major loss in his game.

You'd have thought he'd have the wit to understand that Mane was injured on Saturday and that last night he was fit played on the right and Danny boy came on as a centre forward......Still maybe God told him to speak in haste

You'd have thought he'd have the wit to understand that Mane was injured on Saturday and that last night he was fit played on the right and Danny boy came on as a centre forward......Still maybe God told him to speak in haste

Keep Robbie out of this.....

Main Stand (big pic)

http://i.imgur.com/XqY0i93.jpg

• Advertisement

Lot's of quotes there about it being a team game and he has job to do, probably the person that's talking to him that's trying to get him to complain.
    Sturridge got a face full of net due to fact he was determined to get there, determined to put ball in. That's the striker in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bornetobywilde?

1396014996_f15b16ed6bf5e973640b24203eb63e4b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

inside the new stand and stan the man has his own wall

CqYqLwyXYAA-uyo.jpg

Signs football has changed Baby Changing

CqYqdWMWcAASgZe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Firmino lacks killer instinct also. At times a ball is played across the goal and it's just through lack of killer instinct that the defender gets there before him. I've seen it quite a few times, a true striker gets there and makes sure he gets there before defender.

One of our most clinical players from inside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Sturridge doesn't like being moved out of his comfort zone. He likes to be the centre forward because he can stand around and watch the game. Playing out wide involves having to provide movement and actually having to take your team mates into consideration.

If that's his attitude he'll find himself displaced before the end of the season.

If Sturridge can stay fit, then he's out the door sooner rather than later. It's clear himself and Klopp have a poor relationship.

Reminds me of £terling's ear-splitting shrilling after 45 minutes at left wing back. ****'s sake, everyone bar Mignolet ended up at LWB for a spell when Rodgers was at the height of his positional madness, but he nearly herniated in his rush to the media to mewl.

Wenger in with a £40m and £1 bid and I'd let him off to that physio room club.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Yep.

With a lot of time and work you certainly can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-admits-feeling-8699158
    He looked like a man on a mission when he eventually replaced the Belgian, with two fine goals in 26 minutes that underlined his natural instincts in front of goal.

However, he hardly seemed elated when it was pointed out afterwards that he seemed unhappy.

Sturridge said: “I’m like this whether I score or not. I’m fine. I’m fine.

“If I go over those white lines, it is important to give 100 per cent. I’m not making any complaints. That’s football.”

Go to bed, lads.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The headline reads worse than the article, but things like this are why he is probably not as adored by the fans as he should be given his scoring record.

With a lot of time and work you certainly can

You can polish a turd, but you still end up with **** on your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Talisman wrote: »
    Sturridge doesn't like being moved out of his comfort zone. He likes to be the centre forward because he can stand around and watch the game. Playing out wide involves having to provide movement and actually having to take your team mates into consideration.

If that's his attitude he'll find himself displaced before the end of the season.

His attitude is he wants to score goals I can't see the problem and last time I checked he is damn good at it. I believe in the team ethic but sometimes you need a player like danny. He's a centre forward they are selfish.

One of our most clinical players from inside the box.

Exactly. And who is the most clinical.
    Danny S

Exactly. And who is the most clinical.
    Danny S

Well he spends the most time in the clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are tabloid journalists making mountains out of molehills.... NEVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The usual bit of sensationalist journalism. He said he's fine about it, not making any complaints. So it's a nothing story really.
    Same with the Milner situation at left back, tabloids jumped on that too and ran headlines saying Milner is unhappy etc.
    When all he said was that it's not his favourite role but will continue to give his best wherever he plays.

Much ado about nothing really.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are tabloid journalists making mountains out of molehills.... NEVER!

Funny to see lads revel in the sh1t mountain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Paul Joyce saying that there is strong interest from Nice in Balotelli.... We would never get someone to take him... Would we?

Sion FC was yesterday's daft club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement