Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

NukaCola wrote: »
    Am I Jurgen Klopp? I am merely giving my honest opinion.

I dont expect a title challenge, and IMO you are not being fair to the squad if you do expect it. We finished in the top 2, three times in 15/16 years, once in the last 7.....how can you honestly expect and believe a title challenge is possible.......its almost deluded.

Haha... this is a keeper.

Keep your expectations low and you'll never be dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Haha... this is a keeper.

Keep your expectations low and you'll never be dissapointed.

Expectations should be realistic though. I would think a top 4 challenge is realistic.

Only in this thread would a poster expecting a title challenge would laugh at a poster thinking its not realistic.

Speaking of keeper, theres one huge reason we wont challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I do expect it . I expect it because we can now concede 2 and still win. We have goals back in the team. Last year during first half of season we lose with the conceding of a goal, even if it's in first ten minutes.
    GD is what it's all about in Premier League, just score and you will find yourself in top 3. Mignolet can make a mistake now, won't be end of game.
    I really expect us to challenge, if not win it.

Mignolet played well against Barca. He genuinely has competition now so has to stay on his game and claim the spot.

Bogdan/ Jones werent competition to him - now hes scared id say - Sir Loris of the Gleaming Mane.

I do expect it . I expect it because we can now concede 2 and still win. We have goals back in the team. Last year during first half of season we lose with the conceding of a goal, even if it's in first ten minutes.
    GD is what it's all about in Premier League, just score and you will find yourself in top 3. Mignolet can make a mistake now, won't be end of game.
    I really expect us to challenge, if not win it.

Then, as I said earlier, prepare to be disappointed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mr.H wrote: »
    I feel 70 points is our target. If we can get high 60's I'll accept it. 4th usually happens around the 70 point mark but there is no shame in getting 70 points and missing out.

No point in saying 6th is a fail we we could finish 6th and only lose out to 4th because of goal difference

The ould 2 points per game metric.

We weren't that far off 4th considering everything that went on last season with Rodgers, injuries, cup wins, defensive errors etc. so with no European football I'd expect us to be right in the mix for 4th at least.

The fixture list is kind to us as well after we get the first 4 or 5 games out of the way and they can be unpredictable anyway at the start of the season. Probably end up dropping loads of points like last season to the fodder and loads of Monday meltdowns on here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Can you imagine those words leaving a managers mouth in dressing room before a game. You should always expect and believe, it's the first step. Without it you will always fail.

Players aren't stupid. The are capable of thinking for themselves and they don't become believers just because some idiot it telling them he expects 1st.

They look around them, they talk to players in other clubs and they are aware of the financial investment being made in the club.

What makes a difference is a leader they trust and believe in. Look at what happened at Chelsea last year? Look at what happened after we finished runners up under Rafa or Rodgers?

Expectation is only a small part of it and only when the stars are aligned. Aspiration and ambition are far more powerful motivators and when combined with reasonable and incremental goals that everyone buys into, progress can and will be made quite quickly.

We have goals
    We have full preseason with Klopp
    We have no European football
    We have money to spend in Jan
    We have better squad

It would be just wrong to expect same position as last season.

lCXwAHb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

K-9 wrote: »
    The ould 2 points per game metric.

We weren't that far off 4th considering everything that went on last season with Rodgers, injuries, cup wins, defensive errors etc. so with no European football I'd expect us to be right in the mix for 4th at least.

The fixture list is kind to us as well after we get the first 4 or 5 games out of the way and they can be unpredictable anyway at the start of the season. Probably end up dropping loads of points like last season to the fodder and loads of Monday meltdowns on here.

In fairness, we didn't have a lot of Monday meltdowns once Klopp got under way. The games we lost, we deserved to loose. It was the manner of the defeats previously that got everyone very heated.

We are very exposed at LB and that will be the talk here until it is addressed. Sturridge injured already is a worry. Origi is a young lad and I would doubt he has the strength to carry us for a season. Could be Ings year to shine if injuries continue up front.

Getting top 4 would be a good season for us. Looking forward to the start which is tough and might take the wind out of our sails in here.

• Advertisement

First look at Matip here!

Edit:
    Worst rendition of YNWA ever. Ever.

Your wan is obviously a big fan of Whitney Houston and The Star Spangled Banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

First look at Matip here!

You missed the first few friendlies then?! :D

For some reason Mainz decided a diva doing her range practices would be appropriate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That version of YNWA was fucking awful.

You missed the first few friendlies then?! :D

For some reason Mainz decided a diva doing her range practices would be appropriate!

Oh yeah, he played against Inter didnt he? Dont know if i saw him apart from that...

That went on and on.....

Super-Rush wrote: »
    That version of YNWA was fucking awful.

Truly dreadfull :pac:

I think she watched Thr Bodyguard last night

Yoooooooooooooou'll neeeeeeeeeee ver ver veeeeeeeeeeeer waaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lo lo lo looooooooooooooone

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Oh yeah, he played against Inter didnt he? Dont know if i saw him apart from that...

He started at Tranmere and Fleetwood

• Advertisement

Bit late from Moreno there, looked painful

Interesting tonsee how Woodburn does. He's been very impressive.

Milan Baros managing Mainz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think people are just getting paranoid.

Klopp seemed to not take questions from the sun purely because they are the sun...............

He told the Journo it wasnt anything personal and he is more than welcome to stay and take notes, but he will not answer questions from the sun. He did say that its not because he is at Liverpool but he just doesnt want to answer questions from them. He even asked the journo is he still working for them and when the journo said yes, he reiterated that he wont answer any of that papers questions.

Sounds innocent enough and in no way like they are about to release this huge story where Klopp and Sakho are going all Walter and Jesse or anything

Eh, he clearly says it's because of something that will happen in the next few days.

Softest peno ever. Mainz lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Looks to be a good crowd there in fairness.

Is Benteke injured?

• Advertisement

Is Benteke injured?

Klopp wants to sell him. Doesnt look like he will get a look in at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Relegation fight on this season I think losing one to a team like this.

Klopp out.

This is what happens with Moreno......seems to completely switch off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

It's the new season. A ball hasn't been kicked yet. We haven't dropped a point yet. If you can't be optimistic before a ball is kicked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was Klopp giving out to LackOfBraino/Moreno there? :)

• Advertisement

SIGN A LEFT BACK PLEASE.

Karius_Fans.jpg

Anyone else's LFC TV just spaz out?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Fieldog wrote: »

Yeah it cut to the Community Shield feed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Fieldog wrote: »

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Yep,

Grand, thought it was the PS4 browser...

Klopps twin is funny.

Same here, switched sources. Is it back? It's better than the other one.

Grujic crocked :(

Ongs coming on.

• Advertisement

Will definitely be renewing my sub after this.... :D

My pirate streams sub that is... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Karius_Fans.jpg

And everyone back home wonders why I live in Germany :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Stream died here too. Seems to be coming from LFCTV and just stopped right before we took a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stream died here too. Seems to be coming from LFCTV and just stopped right before we took a free kick.

Not sure if I'm more or less bored now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Back now...

Just in time to see Mainz score again

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't expect us to win the league, I expect us to give top 4 a good rattle. I expect commitment and seeming like we have a game plan and are motivated (most games at least). I don't expect miracles.

Saying that though, I hope the club are set up to aim to win every game, and I have no doubt that is the case.

Stupid pointless game, done as a favour. Never do old clubs a favour.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My stream didn't die, but the noise of the crowd (not the commentary) is about 20 seconds ahead of the action, so I heard to roar for the goals/peno well before anything happened on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Come on you know as well as I do what Köln is famous for and its not its ladies..........:D:D:D

Grüße aus Essen

• Advertisement

Maybe time to request a name change?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement