Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't imagine there's anything in the Hart speculation at all, for starters, he'd no more be guaranteed first team football at Anfield than he would at City.

I see that Mannone is out until the new year with an elbow injury, so a loan to Sunderland is probably likely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would we go for Hart?

He's not that good, just hyped being "England's No 1" and all that malarkey. There's a reason that Guardiola wants rid, most likely a football one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

murpho999 wrote: »

He's not that good, just hyped being "England's No 1" and all that malarkey. There's a reason that Guardiola wants rid, most likely a football one.

He'll be England's 2nd choice fairly soon, Forster's a better keeper, as is a fit Butland. Hart's career trajectory to follow that of Robinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »

He's being sold because, in common with his English teammates, he's simply incapable of passing the ball to someone who plays on his team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hart is a good keeper. Had we not bought Karius, i'd like to be in for him. But, as it stands, he's not needed and wouldnt be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I see that Mannone is out until the new year with an elbow injury, so a loan to Sunderland is probably likely now.
    The same thing happened to him the season after the Abu Dhabi takeover of the club. He lost his place to Shay Given and was sent on loan to Birmingham City.

I wouldn't advocate signing him for Liverpool, he suffers from the same lack of concentration issue as Mignolet.

I assume all the good posters have been banned. There used to be some really really good contributions to this thread but now it's muck bar 4-6 people. I'm out. The amount of drivel is too much.

People really believe they know more than the people who run the club and run the team. People actually questioning the manager ? Mind blowing.

Enjoy the ride guys. I'm predicting top 2 or better. Lots of goals scored. Lots o goals conceded. Get your heads round it.

Tra tra tra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I assume all the good posters have been banned. There used to be some really really good contributions to this thread but now it's muck bar 4-6 people. I'm out. The amount of drivel is too much.

People really believe they know more than the people who run the club and run the team. People actually questioning the manager ? Mind blowing.

Enjoy the ride guys. I'm predicting top 2 or better. Lots of goals scored. Lots o goals conceded. Get your heads round it.

Tra tra tra.
    I love that this is at the bottom of a page of well reasoned discussions around Joe Hart and our goalkeeping situation

Ciao all the same though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tra tra tra.
    There must be a title push coming so:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Tra tra tra.

It's pretty much exactly the same now as it was 10 months ago when you joined. Probably calmer actually. If you don't agree with people then don't engage with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm remember the days when we had good poster meltdowns and they closed their accounts in style.

Tra tra tra.

If Moreno & Milner battle it our for LB for the season we'll have that anyway :pac:

All the best to yourself, do consider popping in to say hi though from time to time, no need to stick to the sentiment of your post :)

I'm remember the days when we had good poster meltdowns and they closed their accounts in style.

lol. Nothing like a good meltdown really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Tra tra tra.

And not even a gif to go with it, they just don't do goodbye posts like the used to anymore.

Don't quite understand people's need to announce that they're leaving the thread either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

mosstin wrote: »
    Don't quite understand people's need to announce that they're leaving the thread either.

Because they're not really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The kind of people who think their opinion is more important than others and walk away from a discussion board because of the frustration they feel when everybody does not fall into line , always have a high opinion of themselves and feel we will be missing their absence when they leave, its just another thing they are wrong about.

Because they're not really?

Well, I'm leaving the thread now to make myself a sandwich. In all probability I'll be back later on though.

Well, I'm leaving the thread now to make myself a sandwich. In all probability I'll be back later on though.

Ye but you'll be back with the same account :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bit late for a breakfast conversation, don't ya think?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've stayed in the Adelphi a few times and it's cheap enough, worth a look.

Dont talk to me about the adelphi,Las time I stayed there I had all my money stolen from my room,about 300 quid,cops called and everything

Can't reply right now - my mouth's full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tra tra tra.

See you tomorrow x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

There used to be some really really good contributions to this thread but now it's muck bar 4-6 people?

I know I'm in that bracket but hard to find the 3-5 others being honest :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I don't think I post drivel. But I did just there.

Drivel.

And just there now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Joe Hart and Milner are apparently good mates, maybe that's why people think he is coming, I actually think he's actually worse than Mig, gets rattled fairly easy also...

Paper talk, I hope...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Joe Hart and Milner are apparently good mates, maybe that's why people think he is coming, I actually think he's actually worse than Mig, gets rattled fairly easy also...

Paper talk, I hope...

Himself, Hendo and Lalana could have underwear parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I like a good tomato salad myself and usually have a high net spend on tomato's during the summer months but at the start of June I found I had a higher than average number of unused tomato's i didn't need so I sold some to my neighbors and as luck would have it the crop in my garden was quite good this year and I'll be eating fewer salads as I'm on a bit of a diet this year so my usual summer net spend has turned into a net profit which on paper looks like I've had a poor summer whereas in fact I've actually had a great summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I like a good tomato salad myself and usually have a high net spend on tomato's during the summer months but at the start of June I found I had a higher than average number of unused tomato's i didn't need so I sold some to my neighbors and as luck would have it the crop in my garden was quite good this year and I'll be eating fewer salads as I'm on a bit of a diet this year so my usual summer net spend has turned into a net profit which on paper looks like I've had a poor summer whereas in fact I've actually had a great summer.

More of brunch man myself. Get some nice early business done but leave myself open to some last minute snacking before everything closes, should I feel the need.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    There used to be some really really good contributions to this thread but now it's muck bar 4-6 people?

I know I'm in that bracket but hard to find the 3-5 others being honest :p

I've been busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Augeo wrote: »
    I hope Karius is better than Hart, all considered I doubt he is.
    If Klopp knew a few months back that Hart would be available now I doubt very much he'd have bought Karius imo.

I'd like Karius and Hart to slog it out for our starting spot and sell Mignolet in January. Overall cost wouldn't be huge and it's pts in the bag.

Klopp does seem to have a serious inclination to play Milner at LB...http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/daniel-sturridge-urged-liverpools-cristiano-8705806

“Ask Milly (James Milner) 'Why not full-back?' and he’d say because he’s not involved in the game. But in our game the full-back has nearly 70 per cent of the ball.

"So don’t think about it – just play football.”
    Hart is just overhyped because of a lack of English GK's. Karius was voted the 2nd best keeper by fellow players in a league full of superb keepers. That along with Hart's huge wages & fee I have no doubt Klopp would still have chosen Karius to buy in the summer.
    I would actually watch Karius play before assuming he is no better than Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Hopefully Hart comes with some of his shampoo....imagine how glorious Can's hair will be with some Head and Shoulders!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hopefully Hart comes with some of his shampoo....imagine how glorious Can's hair will be with some Head and Shoulders!?!?

Immaculate skin from Nivea, immaculate hair from Head and Shoulders. Can can be even more immaculate!

There really needs to be more use of Can can gifs.

can-can-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well I think there needs to be more of these gifs:

Kenny-Powers-Flipping-Off-The-Crowd-On-The-Baseball-Field-In-Eastbound-Down.gif

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well I think there needs to be more of these gifs:

Kenny-Powers-Flipping-Off-The-Crowd-On-The-Baseball-Field-In-Eastbound-Down.gif

That was a special moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where the **** is turtyturd? For some reason this has just reminded me of him. :p

Hart isn't that good. Prone to a good few clangers. Sure we have Mig for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hart isn't that good. Prone to a good few clangers. Sure we have Mig for that.

There is no source for the story in anything i read ,a work of fiction, maybe harts agent is trying to generate interest but more likely a journalist is trying to sell papers. They should be accountable to give sources etc

• Advertisement

Hart's agent is the one leaking all these stories.

It's public knowledge now Hart isn't wanted at City yet there has been no bids for him by any team if he really is that good you would think plenty of teams would be in for a (Media hyped) world class keeper especially now from the cash rich PL clubs who could all afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Liverpool will not be signing Joe Hart (Liverpool Echo)

James Pearce has spoken - case closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Talisman wrote: »
    Liverpool will not be signing Joe Hart (Liverpool Echo)

James Pearce has spoken - case closed!

Can't see how anyone ever thought it was a runner. Liverpool signed two goalkeepers this summer, they were never, ever going to sign a third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd take Hart in a heartbeat. No pun.

Substantial upgrade on Mig and i admit ignorance on Karius.

Left back tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

noodler wrote: »
    I'd take Hart in a heartbeat. No pun.

Substantial upgrade on Mig and i admit ignorance on Karius.

Left back tho...

Hart is a definite upgrade on Mig, but where would we be in another years time? Probably still all complaining about the lack of a top notch keeper.

Karius is obviously highly rated, but unproven in the PL, so objectively speaking, Hart is the safer option - but GK is such an important position that i'd actually take the risk on Karius in the hope he's what we need rather than going with the very-much-known quantity of Hart, knowing we'd still be less than delighted with him. (especially when Hart would still cost a fair chunk with his Englishness, and come with masssive wage demands, even if he takes a pay cut).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I'd have Migs over Hart, it's pretty close between them. Both capable of the sublime reflex save and follow up brain fart but I think Hart is even worse at distribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Thank **** its nonsense anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool U23 are in Larndarn Town playing Arsenal - currently 2-0 up with a Ben Woodburn double

Kelleher Alexander-Arnold Lucas Wisdom Randall Williams Wilson Brannagan Ejaria Woodburn Gomes

Lucas just been replaced by McGuire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I definitely not one of the 3-5 posters anyway. I'm dribbler number one. To be honest, I'm losing interest in it all.
    I started following Liverpool on the back of all their success in the 70s and 80s. How the **** was I suppose to know in 1991 that I'd be seeing **** all success over the next two and a half decades (relative to the previous).
    Following Liverpool is like reading a bad book series. The few books released before you started reading are the best and since you've started reading the books are years apart and the highs are all too short but you keep telling yourself the next book will see the series back On track.
    GRRM, or I mean Liverpool duped me and now all I can do is spout drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I was at work earlier and tried to reply to this a few times but a bloody customer came in every time I started.

Look, I doubt that you're alone in being annoyed at people questioning the manager.
    He's a fantastic manager and I love the fella already, he's a perfect fit for us and I like to think we're a perfect fit for him too.
    I'm sure bigger clubs had come knocking and he chose us.
    99.9% of us are probably in agreement that we're blessed we got him.

But the thing is, you'll always get debate on forums, in boozers and on sofas in living rooms about decisions any manager makes, who he picks, etc.
    That's part of the craic. Part of football.
    Go back long enough and I'd swear there must have been people having a pint in the Solly (if it was there at the time) or wherever en route to Anfield discussing Shankly and Paisley and Dalglish's team selections and a bit of a natter about why is Fairclough not starting more when he can do it from the bench, then later WTF is Grobelaar still doing here he's too prone to mistakes bla bla bla.

Their decisions got debated too, there just wasn't the internet around to highlight it.

Klopp strikes me as the sort of fella who would NEVER consider himself infallible.
    I'd say he's the antithesis of a Mourinho for example, who hates being questioned.

I'd imagine that if Klopp read some of the comments here about a few of us wondering about X, Y and Z, he'd be the very man to understand that you can still support him and the team while having a wee debate about a LB not being signed and being a tad easy to play through in midfield.

He's as down to earth as any manager out there, he knows he's not God.

I'm new-ish here but obviously you're not. But you should stay and not let other people's opinions put you off.
    At the end of the day, we're all following the same team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I definitely not one of the 3-5 posters anyway. I'm dribbler number one. To be honest, I'm losing interest in it all.
    I started following Liverpool on the back of all their success in the 70s and 80s. How the **** was I suppose to know in 1991 that I'd be seeing **** all success over the next two and a half decades (relative to the previous).
    Following Liverpool is like reading a bad book series. The few books released before you started reading are the best and since you've started reading the books are years apart and the highs are all too short but you keep telling yourself the next book will see the series back On track.
    GRRM, or I mean Liverpool duped me and now all I can do is spout drivel.
    Don't worry, this year is our year.

I can see us finishing fourth.......

and manU winning the Europa League.:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement