Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Where the **** is turtyturd? For some reason this has just reminded me of him. :p

He's tied up in the boot of my car. It's for his own good. Say nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't worry, this year is our year.

I can see us finishing fourth.......

and manU winning the Europa League.:(

I don't care anymore, I'm off to make a replica Anfield out of Lego, message me when we're winning again. And the league at that, none of that other Shiite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It always amazes me how angry people can get on the internet with complete strangers who disagree with them and the amount of angry posts on here always make me laugh anyway.

If you don't agree with the above you are wrong!

Let's see who bites.

Hart is a bang average midtable keeper and we already have one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It always amazes me how angry people can get on the internet with complete strangers who disagree with them and the amount of angry posts on here always make me laugh anyway.

If you don't agree with the above you are wrong!

Let's see who bites.

Hart is a bang average midtable keeper and we already have one of those

How 'bout, you get Shiite and die? Eh? EH? EH?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool U23 are in Larndarn Town playing Arsenal - currently 2-0 up with a Ben Woodburn double

Kelleher Alexander-Arnold Lucas Wisdom Randall Williams Wilson Brannagan Ejaria Woodburn Gomes

Lucas just been replaced by McGuire.

Ended 1-3 with Toni Gomes adding the third. Lucas played as a centre back

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How 'bout, you get Shiite and die? Eh? EH? EH?!

crying-face-dawson1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else really nervous about tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw on a few reliable twitter pages (graeme kelly- broke some big lfc stories in the past) that the chinese deal is almost done and they will gain the naming rights for the new stand as part of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

crying-face-dawson1.jpg

Wrong pic :p
    dawson_cry_face.gif

Wrong pic :p
    dawson_cry_face.gif

scrappy-doo_124281a_2237.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Don't worry, this year is our year.

I can see us finishing fourth.......

and manU winning the Europa League.:(

Both get a CL spot in that scenario.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man U thread wishes they had me
    If fact they tapped me up twice looking for me to put in a transfers request
    But I turned them down to stay here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Those mugshots of Dawson are a killer, reminds me of how Pacey stole his bird, and there was only the one in the feckin town. Poor git.

What hurts me even more than Dawson's unfortunate lovelife is the fact that we've had some bloody good seasons under Houllier, Rafa and Rodgers but every time someone else had a slightly better season. We've racked up enough points under all three of those to have won it on other occasions.
    But every time we actually got our **** together, so did someone else.

Point being, let's not rule out anything this time around. We were miles off under Brendan that year at one stage and went on a run.
    Even if we draw tomorrow I'd be ok with it.
    We've the best manager in the league and while I'd actually take 4th now if you offered it just coz I'm a tad obsessed with getting bac into the C-Lge, we could do serious damage if we go on a run.
    Early doors, anything is possible.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

£11m for a 17 year old Dortmund winger called Christian Pulisic is the latest. Apparently reported by Tony Barrett and Paul Joyce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

5starpool wrote: »
    11m for a 17 year old Dortmund winger called Christian Pulisic is the latest. Apparently reported by Tony Barrett and Paul Joyce.

Can he play left - back ?

In all seriousness this has come out of nowhere. I wonder if there will be another suprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man U thread wishes they had me
    If fact they tapped me up twice looking for me to put in a transfers request
    But I turned them down to stay here

We will match their fee and you can keep it all. I'll drive you to Manchester myself. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

£11m for a 17 year old Dortmund winger called Christian Pulisic is the latest. Apparently reported by Tony Barrett and Paul Joyce.

He's a good player. Potentially very, very good. Broken into the US National Side recently.

More of an attacking mid.....Full American International also....

Personally never heard of him, but back in April one of the rags were saying we were after him apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3561727/Liverpool-face-competition-Real-Madrid-Manchester-City-pursuit-Borussia-Dortmund-whizzkid-Christian-Pulisic.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Also, on yesterdays Guardian Podcast, they seemed confident we were still looking for a centre midfielder too. How much stock to put in that, i've no idea, can't remember who specifically brought it up/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm very familiar with him. I've been an avid watch of Dortmund's under age teams for years now. They have some talented u-8's we should be looking to sign up. I watch 350 football matches a week and am familiar with any footballer anyone can name.

Really couldn't see a loan for another attacking mid...would never get gametime. I'd say it's a buy, or nothing.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Also, on yesterdays Guardian Podcast, they seemed confident we were still looking for a centre midfielder too. How much stock to put in that, i've no idea, can't remember who specifically brought it up/

Ah yeah I think it's fairly clear that Klopp wants an upgrade on Lucas but we just haven't been able to get the right person yet.

I'd guess we were close at one stage and that's why Lucas was allowed to go and suddenly Klopp pulled the plug on it.

If we can't find the right player then Lucas stays but if we do then Lucas goes.

Well that's what I'm reading into it anyway.

I could be wrong.

We won't be loaning a 17 year old, not a chance unless there was a solid buy clause at the end of the loan, which there wouldn't be.

• Advertisement

I'm very familiar with him. I've been an avid watch of Dortmund's under age teams for years now. They have some talented u-8's we should be looking to sign up. I watch 350 football matches a week and am familiar with any footballer anyone can name.

:D

Have to say, I kind of envy Spurs getting Wanyama for 11m. Pretty great deal imo and would have been a good option for us. I know people would have gone nuts with the "another Southampton player" thing, but if a player is good, I frankly don't give a toss where he came from. Noone ever seems to care when Karius comes from Mainz, or Grujic comes from Red Star, or Klavan comes from Augsburg, all clubs below Southampton's level. A good deal's a good deal. (not that all our S'ton deals have been good, but that's a separate issue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

rumpelstiltskin....... :)

Have to say, I kind of envy Spurs getting Wanyama for 11m. Pretty great deal imo

Yep, it was a good deal.

But I reckon every team in the land will be wishing they had signed Mane soon too. What a cracker that lad is.

Ya win some, lose some.

I agree with you that Wanyama is a good player though.

So Coutinho is not out tomorrow after all it seems. It'll either be another 20 shots miles over the bar with no success or else similar with a top corner bolt thrown in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Woodburn hit two tonight, this was the second goal. Nice powerful strike.

https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/769244527160852480

So Coutinho is not out tomorrow after all it seems. It'll either be another 20 shots miles over the bar with no success or else similar with a top corner bolt thrown in there.

They were talking about that on the podcast too...apparantly he has a record of a goal every 11 shots from distance - so we should be due one!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

As a Corkman, great to see Caoimhin Kelleher starting for the Under 23s at 17 years of age. Hopefully he continues his progress, would be great to see an Irishman in the LFC team.

They were talking about that on the podcast too...apparantly he has a record of a goal every 11 shots from distance - so we should be due one!

He takes on too many LRS alright but you know what, I'd have him in the team for every match that he's available for, he's a phenomenal talent.

Our best player imo.

I know he can frustrate the crap out of you one day but he'll win you the next two or three in a hearbeat.
    Great player in the making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christian Pulisic now rather than from Southampton for twice as much makes sense! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would love to see Mignolet save the first shot on target. It would be a step forward.
    A draw would be ok tomorrow but I don't think we are capable of actually playing for a draw. To pack midfield and hit them on break would be great, I fear we will into their hands though, that we might need to out score them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Would love to see Mignolet save the first shot on target. It would be a step forward.
    A draw would be ok tomorrow but I don't think we are capable of actually playing for a draw. To pack midfield and hit them on break would be great, I fear we will into their hands though, that we might need to out score them.

Spurs will attack us which will suit us in that we can hit them on the break and not suit us in that we can't defend for shit. Should be a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Spurs will attack us which will suit us in that we can hit them on the break and not suit us in that we can't defend for shit. Should be a great game.

Think we can win this as it will go the same way as arsenal game. Open, attack minded team. We just don't know how to deal with a defence minded team.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Think we can win this as it will go the same way as arsenal game. Open, attack minded team. We just don't know how to deal with a defence minded team.

Difference is that Spurs can defend properly. I'm looking forward to it as well though, and it is a game we certainly can win. Whether we do or not though is a different matter.

• Advertisement

You can assume Lucas isn't starting due to his stint with the minors earlier. Obviously ear-marked for a sub though.

And unless the reports about Can are wrong then you can assume he's not starting either.

So if we're going to sit back and counter attack then I'll be interested to see who does the "sitting back" bit.
    Maybe pack the midfield as you said but it's gonna leave us very open in terms of who does the hard shift, I don't like Henderson in that role at all.

Milner might drop into CM tomorrow with Moreno coming back in at LB.

That's my best guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

There's a good pic of Pulisic here. Ye wil recognise it. Here he is minding his own business at his own corner flag, 500 miles from our goal when someone shouted to trigger to usher him out of play.

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

Lol, great pic.

Ya gotta hand it to Moreno. He takes flight faster than Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If only you had watched the u-6's match, then you'd know that as a five year old, his career was all but over after he narrowly struck wide in the DFKB Junior Cup Final.

If only you had watched the u-6's match, then you'd know that as a five year old, his career was all but over after he narrowly struck wide in the DFKB Junior Cup Final.

Hipster.

mosstin wrote: »

I may be wrong but I'm not sure you can loan players under the age of 18 out to foreign countries.

He doesn't turn 18 for another month. A loan move would make no sense anyway.

Lol, great pic.

Ya gotta hand it to Moreno. He takes flight faster than Ryanair.

It looks so out of place it almost looks "photoshopped"

NukaCola wrote: »
    It looks so out of place it almost looks "photoshopped"

The one where he did it twice was the one that swung it for me. Was it Norwich?
    I've a few beers on board now so I could be wrong.
    But that double whammy one convinced me.
    Lunge once. Got away with it. What next? Oh I'll lunge again. Oops.

The Seville one is going to be folklore one day. Have a wee chat with yer pals at half time, give away a goal within seconds and then afterwards watch the highlights and realise that they were repeatedly targeting you as the weak point.

BUT..... I'd actually say he could start tomorrow. We need Milner more central tomorrow IF Can is out.
    I'd start Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else really nervous about tomorrow?

Not at all. Lump it all on 4-3 to us! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The kind of people who think their opinion is more important than others and walk away from a discussion board because of the frustration they feel when everybody does not fall into line , always have a high opinion of themselves and feel we will be missing their absence when they leave, its just another thing they are wrong about.

Do you want to see an instagram of my Zaytoons?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement