Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Was it Norwich?

The header back across the 6 yard box, to "save" a corner from being conceded.

Sweet baby Jesus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Here's an interesting little statistic I spotted on some obscure site:
    Liverpool FC 2016/17 league win rate when Moreno starts: 100%
    When Moreno doesn't start: 0%

Maybe some food for thought for all the haters here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

A defeat to Spurs followed by a tricky little run of games against Leicester, Chelsea and Hull.....season could be a write off before October.

I love Klopp, i think he's far and away the most entertaining manager in the league but the existing group of players is just not good enough to compete at the top end of the league. Leicester proved the key ingredient is a solid goalkeeper and back 4. Everything else can be built around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

sabat wrote: »
    Here's an interesting little statistic I spotted on some obscure site:
    Liverpool FC 2016/17 league win rate when Moreno starts: 100%
    When Moreno doesn't start: 0%

Maybe some food for thought for all the haters here...

Lies, damned lies and statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

A defeat to Spurs followed by a tricky little run of games against Leicester, Chelsea and Hull.....season could be a write off before October.

I love Klopp, i think he's far and away the most entertaining manager in the league but the existing group of players is just not good enough to compete at the top end of the league. Leicester proved the key ingredient is a solid goalkeeper and back 4. Everything else can be built around it.

Leicester didn't invent it only proved the theory - that you cannot leak goals if you want to succeed in any league! Mourinho knows the deal, Chelsea were sometimes putrid to watch but they rarely leaked silly goals - first time arriving at Chelsea he spent crazy money on the best defenders, second time arriving he shored up the midfield with Matic (A player they let go originally). Do not concede and then have the quality to score in the other end. I'd expect to see United top the table or thereabouts this season for defensive performances.

Klopp has a different approach, one that it has to be said can be quite rare - he plays the same style be it home or away. I still don't think we've completely taken to the style although we seen glimpses of it last season especially the Villareal game for example. The question is with the way the Premier league is now playing - all teams are happy to defend and hit on the break - Ala Burnley. Problem with Liverpool is of course we are still suspect to it cos we play open style.

Need a few of our strikers to hit form and put teams away - last week we had Coutinho/Sturidge/Origi/Firminio on the field 90% possession and couldn't break them down. Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You're forgetting they had 2 of the top 4 attacking players in the league as well.

Not only that, but they suited the sitting deep, direct football they wanted to play as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

They did no such thing. We've done this multiple times on here but history proves that the team that scores the most goals wins the league FAR more than the team that concedes the least goals. If our team from 13/14 was playing last season they would have won it in a canter with a defence that still wasn't great.

Goals win leagues, score more than the other team and you win the match. Concede none and you might still only draw.

Having a good defence is great but there's a reason its attackers who cost the most money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Morning all, like the early Saturday morning games. Makes or breaks the weekend really. Have a pile of essays to mark...they will either get top grades or fail :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Cq2_76HXEAEaIWa?format=png&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Morning all, like the early Saturday morning games. Makes or breaks the weekend really. Have a pile of essays to mark...they will either get top grades or fail :P

Fail them all. **** em. Dam students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Starting XI

No matter who plays left back I'm concerned. No Lloris for Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Woodburn hit two tonight, this was the second goal. Nice powerful strike.

https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/769244527160852480

Some player that lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Some player that lad!

He's gonna be some player

Would have liked Sturridge or Origi to start.

I feel like Klopp doesnt really trust Origi to play intelligently, or lead the line yet. He's a pretty dynamic livewire imo. Powerful.

Dont think Coutinho earned the start but he's a matchwinner, playing well or not.

Would have liked Sturridge or Origi to start.

I feel like Klopp doesnt really trust Origi to play intelligently, or lead the line yet. He's a pretty dynamic livewire imo. Powerful.

Dont think Coutinho earned the start but he's a matchwinner, playing well or not.

Did you not see him against Arsenal? He's our best player. You don't drop your best player.

We have too many attack minded players imo.

Need some balance in midfield.

When it works it's great but we'll run into problems quite a bit over the season if we keep lining up like this

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Did you not see him against Arsenal? He's our best player. You don't drop your best player.

Did you see him against Burnley?

Anyway, just interviewed on SS1. Fair play to him, his English has come on leaps and bounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That midfield!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

"our best attacking defensive lineup" ..says the boss himself, studge and origi dont work as much

Did you see him against Burnley?

Anyway, just interviewed on SS1. Fair play to him, his English has come on leaps and bounds!

If we go on the burnley game none of them deserve to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Bit concerned about us being too light in midfield with Can out.

I can see us creating plenty and possibly scoring a couple but from a defensive perspective our midfield would have me worried.

Should be a corker of a game anyway.... 'Mon Reds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K-9 wrote: »
    That midfield!

There is 6 there so it should be pretty impressive.

Just enjoying a BLT now lads.
    Thought i'd mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sakho not even on the bench. Looks like his career with us is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Very concerned about our midfield, but nothing strange there. I'd take a point I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sakho not even on the bench. Looks like his career with us is over.

Is he not injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Henderson even showed for a ball yet let alone touched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That was a fantastic bit of goalkeeping by Vorm. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There is the inconsistency in referees again.

They don't help themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Has Henderson even showed for a ball yet let alone touched it.

Of course he has. Played a part in our goal and broke up some counter attacks. Been better than the last few games.

5starpool wrote: »
    Of course he has. Played a part in our goal and broke up some counter attacks. Been better than the last few games.

Great news but I thought I was watching live but haven't seen the goal yet so I must be on a time delay.

Great news but I thought I was watching live and haven't seen the goal yet.

Our big goal chance. It was such a chance it was in, in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Great news but I thought I was watching live but haven't seen the goal yet so I must be on a time delay.

5star fired up the Delorean for a spin.

corwill wrote: »
    5star fired up the Delorean for a spin.

One point twenty one gigawatts of power.

That Spurs penalty claim was not a peno imo, they were both at it.

• Advertisement

Get in.

We are a better "team" without Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Henderson has been quite good today in fairness. Usually when he plays well, the team plays well so good to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Excellent first half performance. Could and probably should be even further ahead. More of the same 2nd half please. Great stuff so far.

Excellent first half performance. Could and probably should be even further ahead. More of the same 2nd half please. Great stuff so far.

Slow start but by far the better team after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Playing well. Mane is everywhere out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

vorm is having one of them games though..one wont be enough i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

vorm is having one of them games though..one wont be enough i feel

Even 3 isnt enough the way we defend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fearing a red card from a very erratic ref could change things here. Excellent first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

If we win here, 6 pts from those first 3 away fixtures is more than satisfactory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Only caught glimpses of the 1st half, how did Matip play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I think Matip is playing very well so far

Alonso77 wrote: »
    If we win here, 6 pts from those first 3 away fixtures is more than satisfactory.

Yup, 2pts per game
    Happy out :D

We'll see how the "team" react to that :(

Where was Clyne.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement