Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We conceded 3 goals in the first game 2 in the second game and now 1 in the third game we are getting better with each passing game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2 points dropped you'd have to feel there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dropped points but WHL can be a pain to get points from.

Be glad to see Anfield though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Defence looks better,good performance from matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Spurs very lucky to have got anything, outplayed in every area......

Danny no longer our leading striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Think most of us could have predicted exactly how that was going to go after the first 30 mins.

Same old, same old but a point away against last year's almost runners-up isn't as a bad a result as it feels right now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Matip and Milner were positives there at least. Firmino and Mane very good again as well. Anfield returns next game, hopefully a good result, or else with the away game at Chelsea after that we might only have a point a game after 5 matches.

Stupid international break though, absolutely hate them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Disappointed not to get the win but a draw is not the worst result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We should have got 3 points there but hard to be disappointed given how well we played in general. Though we were excellent. Vorm was in great form for them today. In fairness Mignolet did well for us too.

Still Spurs are one of our big challengers for top 4 and they don't look anything special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Decent game and result, should have been a win but Coutinho fluffed his best chance. The peno count could have gone either way with that ref. Thought Matip was good on debut, the pace of the game could easily have left him gasping. Mane probably needs to calm down when he isn't on the front foot.

Hopefully Can will be ready after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Sturridge moonwalking onto the pitch tells me he has no interest playing for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Annoyed with that.

Should have been 2 up, the Mane goal was not offside, it's close but they're almost perfectly in-line and what eer happened to the attacker getting benefit of the doubt. Linesman guessed it.

Ref was useless for both teams, sometimes the slightest contact is a push and sometimes much more than that is nothing.

Same problems still remain, our midfielders don't know how to tackle and excel at very little at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Again a goal conceded originates from a left back position, with Milner this time. He played well overall, but it's just madness not to address this while the transfer window is still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A lot of positives to take from a good performance. Should of got the win you feel but you can see a better understanding from the new players.

Cant wait for emre can to come back into the side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

4 points away at arsenal and spurs is good we will have to see wether the burnely game was a blip or the usual inconsitent liverpool, fairly decent performance all in all. Impressed with matip adding much needed height to the team.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Spurs very lucky to have got anything, outplayed in every area......

Danny no longer our leading striker?

Firmino one of the first names on the team sheet which is fair enough. At one nil up was not a bad decision to put on Origi, once they scored though Sturridge should have been on imo for either Lallana or Mane, Firmino behind Sturridge & Origi worth a try imo.

If Klopp prefers both Firmino & Origi to Sturridge he's only shooting himself in the foot, couple that with the LB situation and we'll struggle to better last year's 8th imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

V.good performance for a lot of the game, deserved a win. Frustrating to only take one point.

Positives: Firmino, Mane and Milner were great. Matip looks solid.

Negatives: Lallana and Wijnaldum were anonymous. Not sure what Wijnaldum offers. We look weak enough in CM.

Mignolet probably should have saved that shot.

Don't understand why Klopp didn't bring Sturridge on earlier - he's still probably our best player, even if he doens't completely suit his system. Oirigi was anonymous when he came on.

7 points from the opening 3 games would have been a great start. 5 points would have been good. 4 points is not awful, but a little below the level we should be aiming at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm more disappointed with the draw today than the loss to Burnley.

Four points from Arsenal, Spurs and Burnley away isn't to bad (took points off our top four rivals) but I am disappointed. I really feel we dropped two points today, games like Burnley last week happen but today we were well on top and had plenty of clear cut chances to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Despite this being Klopp's squad we sure have a lot of old problems. Origi was awful when he came on & we lost hold of the midfield with that change. Still not ruthless in front of goal & terrible at the back dealing with what little Spurs offered offensively today. Henderson can press at least pity about his positioning, tackling & passing. Maybe he'll get a game at left back tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Origi looks off form. Can see why Firmino is our starting striker. Played well out wide but he is very important for us up front. Overall very good performance but we shpuld have got the win. 4 points from 3 away games against 2 of the top 4 is an ok start.

darced wrote: »

Origi ended up doing nothing much but Klopp went for pace up top......Spurs struggled with our pace....seemed an obvious sub to me......Would have liked to see Danny to get more time alright...

4 points away from home to two of last seasons top three and the next game at home against the other side in the top three if we can come away with 7 points from those games that's a good return.

Sturridge moonwalking onto the pitch tells me he has no interest playing for Liverpool.

Involvement at 88th minute is a joke imo.

Origi did sfa in the 20+ mins he was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Felt Liverpool deserved the win. Really entertaining game, good performance.

That offside for the goal was tight as sh1t.

Felt the ref was poor. Mane gave away a few fouls but was always going for the ball. He got no love from the ref.

Firmino, Milner, Mane played really well.
    Encouraging performance from Henderson.
    Clyne dissapointing going forward again.
    Lalana good in 1st half but went AWOL.
    Matip looks really good.
    Mignolet solid
    _________

That Klopp clone really nerds to buy a different pair of glasses or get a haircut or something. Its really weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Augeo wrote: »
    Involvement at 88th minute is a joke imo.

Origi did sfa in the 20+ mins he was on.

Would have liked to see Sturridge get 20 mins, I'd say he could have exploited the gaps...

Feel a bit robbed tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If anyone is to drop out for the next game it has to be Lallana, too many times does he get opportunities that any other player would take and he just keeps his head down and plays around with the ball. Wijnaldum and Henderson are not a good pairing, they both work better further forward but one of them in the deeper role may work alongside someone like Can. I'd probably push Wijnaldum up to replace Lallana and bring Can in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very frustrating. Game should have been over before Spurs came back into it.

Countinho missing a sitter. Good save but should have finished it.

Mane goal ruled offside. Very harsh given you're meant to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. Think most linesmen don't put their flag up there.

Matip hits the crossbar.

Had much the better chances overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People saying that we were overrun in midfield when Origi came on.. didn't see that tbh. They got at us down the wings, specifically on Milners side. Clyne solid as always but sometimes he makes awful decisions in their half.

Still i'm happy. We should have won but right now its about performances as much as results. They'll come if we keep playing this well.

I don't know what Gini does tho... maybe we'll see more out of him when we're at home.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I don't know what Gini does tho... maybe we'll see more out of him when we're at home.

Games passing him by.....would like to see him played further up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Liverpool should have won that comfortably. Bringing on Origi was a big mistake..didn't look fit at all

Lallana looked onside for the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

After the embarrassment of Turf Moor that was very encouraging. Disappointing not to get 3 points but our defence looked more solid and Mané looks wonderful. Didn't get the breaks from the officials today but that's all part of it. WHL will become a harder place to go as the season goes on so a point there today is no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lallana looked onside for the goal

Don't know why carragher is saying offside. They are both just short of the 18 yard line. He is level.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Don't know why carragher is saying offside. They are both just short of the 18 yard line. He is level.

With the benefit of Skys different angles he's level, hard for the linesman and I'm being harsh but its a game changing decision he got wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

darced wrote: »

Origi offered nothing. Matip looked good, Henderson was better than before.

4 points from those 3 games is spot on for the alternative table but feels like 2 dropped.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

With the benefit of Skys different angles he's level, hard for the linesman and I'm being harsh but its a game changing decision he got wrong.

I agree it's really hard for linesman just don't understand why he said he was offside when it's right in front of him

It was a total guess from the linesman he was 3 yards behind both players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A win today and would have been lovely, putting us on 6 after 3 with a harsh start, but it's not a bad point to take and I'm quite happy with the performance, particularly the improvement in defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

The really good sides know how to soak up pressure and operate 2 banks of 4 successfully when they can see a game changing in favour of the opposition.

We can't seem to do this, it's constant gung-ho approach that will result inumber us having to score 2,3 or 4 goals to win a game.

We will be very inconsistent with this kind of set up I'm afraid. We need one defensively astute player in our midfield who can spot danger. There are players out there who can do this ad play a bit aswell. They are not mutually exclusive talents

Would have taken 4 points from away games to Arsenal and Spurs no bother. Just a pity about bloody Burnley.

Need to win at home to Leicester though and that will be a test as they'll come to Anfield looking to defend and to hit us on the break.

Would have taken 4 points from away games to Arsenal and Spurs no bother. Just a pity about bloody Burnley.

Need to win at home to Leicester though and that will be a test as they'll come to Anfield looking to defend and to hit us on the break.

Suits us too I think.....much rather play an open team than an ultra defensive team at the moment

Has there been any pic's of the new tunnel at Anfield just wondering will they put the This is Anfield sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Chelsea giving Burnley the ball at every opportunity. "Gwan lads..here ya go"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know he was a doubt before the game so it might go some way to explaining it, but I thought Coutinho was awful again. He fades from games so much and a spectacular goal every five or six games seems to mask the fact that he can be very ineffective at times. He wasn't as bad today as he was in the Europa final but he has to start having more of a consistent influence on games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Disappointed myself. Moreno was out of position for the goal and let the guy get in behind him.
    Origi was not match fit. Henderson is not a captain although he did appear to complete an extra 2 passes today, he still has to go
    Lallana is hit and miss, may be a good sub to bring on..
    Firminio reads the game well but his finishing is suspect.

Mane signing of the summer so far. We should of been 3 up easily before the spurs goal. What i wouldnt give for a top midfielder, the team would be on another level.
    Sturridge should if been on for the last half hour - quality striker. We need to take 3 points from games like this

Considering the stick he's been getting lately I though Henderson had a pretty good game today.

Considering the stick he's been getting lately I though Henderson had a pretty good game today.

He got his foot in a fair bit and broke up the play. Is it just me or is he not getting in the box enough these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

niallo27 wrote: »
    He got his foot in a fair bit and broke up the play. Is it just me or is he not getting in the box enough these days

Have you been watching Liverpool at all?! Klopp has tasked him to play central midfield, not as a runner to break the lines or arrive late in the area.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement