Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Considering the stick he's been getting lately I though Henderson had a pretty good game today.

The only real issue i had today was he wasn't in the refs ear half as much as Kane was for example. As captain he should be always looking to influence a fairly weak ref. Never does it enough.....even when Spurs were surrounding the ref after Mané's second foul it never even occurred to him to get in the mix to defend our best player at that point of the game and keep him on the field....ref could have been swayed in those situations....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Thought it was nice of ref to explain the new rules to the Spurs defenders on 23rd min. We take corner, defender pulls Matip to ground, ref blows, PENALTY! No just time for a lesson, I know Spurs players live under rocks, so very kind to explain new rules to them and to give them another chance as we retake corner. WTF !

You could create a 10 min youtube video of Coutinho missing sitters for Liverpool. Needs to learn to lift ball and to stop playing it along ground from close range. Has done this so many times.

2pts dropped/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Have you been watching Liverpool at all?! Klopp has tasked him to play central midfield, not as a runner to break the lines or arrive late in the area.

I have thats why I was wondering why he is not getting in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like all the other big sides are winning this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

the miss by phil,ya just knew it would cost us,world class players score them every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

the miss by phil,ya just knew it would cost us,world class players score them every time

Hyperbole.

There's not one player that would have scored that everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hyperbole.

There's not one player that would have scored that everytime.

I would, cos I'm great.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thought we were poor enough.
    Some decent performances and plenty of effort but a few lads weren't on the ball.

Coutinho, and Lallana were poor in possession.
    Henderson was better but still a bit of a mixed bag.
    Wijnaldum was fairly useless but also annoyingly seems to like giving the ball away in dangerous positions in midfield.
    Mane was alright first half, poor second half and really should've been sent off twice.
    Bob Firmino was class from start to finish. Easily MotM.

Tricky for the back 5. They did ok in the main. Milner looked gassed on 75.

You could see ideas working but on the day we didn't have the personnel.

Disappointed myself. Moreno was out of position for the goal and let the guy get in behind him.
    Origi was not match fit. Henderson is not a captain although he did appear to complete an extra 2 passes today, he still has to go
    Lallana is hit and miss, may be a good sub to bring on..
    Firminio reads the game well but his finishing is suspect.

Mane signing of the summer so far. We should of been 3 up easily before the spurs goal. What i wouldnt give for a top midfielder, the team would be on another level.
    Sturridge should if been on for the last half hour - quality striker. We need to take 3 points from games like this

i know right and so lazy, just sat there on the bench too.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I would, cos I'm great.....

You're not world class though.

You're universal class.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Thought we were poor enough.
    Some decent performances and plenty of effort but a few lads weren't on the ball.

Coutinho, and Lallana were poor in possession.
    Henderson was better but still a bit of a mixed bag.
    Wijnaldum was fairly useless but also annoyingly seems to like giving the ball away in dangerous positions in midfield.
    Mane was alright first half, poor second half and really should've been sent off twice.
    Bob Firmino was class from start to finish. Easily MotM.

Tricky for the back 5. They did ok in the main. Milner looked gassed on 75.

You could see ideas working but on the day we didn't have the personnel.

On Mane i thought he was excellent first half, inches away from getting the ball around Vorm twice. No way did he deserve to get sent off, every foul does not need to be a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

niallo27 wrote: »
    On Mane i thought he was excellent first half, inches away from getting the ball around Vorm twice. No way did he deserve to get sent off, every foul does not need to be a yellow.

Persistent fouling is a yellow, which he did, that stamp on the ankle was clear as the nose on your face and he had another lunge.
    He just throws himself into tackles just as recklessly as Moreno.

They said he's received 6 red cards and that's not surprising based on that performance.

He was fine first half and ran the channels well, with a few nice pieces of interplay, but discipline is part of the deal and he didn't show any.

Gbear wrote: »
    Persistent fouling is a yellow, which he did, that stamp on the ankle was clear as the nose on your face and he had another lunge.
    He just throws himself into tackles just as recklessly as Moreno.

They said he's received 6 red cards and that's not surprising based on that performance.

He was fine first half and ran the channels well, with a few nice pieces of interplay, but discipline is part of the deal and he didn't show any.

I didnt see the stamp, but the tackle in the second half was a genuine attempt to get the ball. No way was it another yellow. 6 red cards does seem a bit mad alright. I didnt know it was that many before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads if Coutinho was his best every single game then he'd be at Barca already. He was decent today, he played some lovely balls but missed a sitter. He certainly wasn't awful and his link up play on the left was great. Especially with a full back who actually costs him space as opposed to creating it (as Milner has to cut inside as well). I don't think having two right footers out there is going to work but i hope to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hyperbole.

in your opinion, hyperbole is a childish response in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I didnt see the stamp, but the tackle in the second half was a genuine attempt to get the ball. No way was it another yellow. 6 red cards does seem a bit mad alright. I didnt know it was that many before today.

Yes he's had Mane Mane red cards.

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yes he's had Mane Mane red cards.

I'll get me coat.

Yeah, he's no Saint.

mosstin wrote: »
    Yeah, he's no Saint.

I dont think we should senegalese him out for the number of red cards he got.

I dont think we should senegalese him out for the number of red cards he got.

I've saido before and I'll say it again, lucky to be left on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I assume all the good posters have been banned. There used to be some really really good contributions to this thread but now it's muck bar 4-6 people. I'm out. The amount of drivel is too much.

People really believe they know more than the people who run the club and run the team. People actually questioning the manager ? Mind blowing.

Enjoy the ride guys. I'm predicting top 2 or better. Lots of goals scored. Lots o goals conceded. Get your heads round it.

Tra tra tra.

Bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pulisic did not get on for Dortmund today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    Pulisic did not get on for Dortmund today

If he does join I'd imagine Markovic will leave.

Another penalty today for grabbing in the box. Why did ref see it as appropriate to blow up for a foul on Matip on 23rd mins from a corner, awarded no penalty but explained the rules to Verthongen and asked us to retake it. How is that possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Another penalty today for grabbing in the box. Why did ref see it as appropriate to blow up for a foul on Matip on 23rd mins from a corner, awarded no penalty but explained the rules to Verthongen and asked us to retake it. How is that possible.

It was as bad a decision as you will see ,by stopping play and reprimanding he acknowledged he saw it, we got a soft penalty (even though it was) and had a marginal offside decision go against us.Opportunity lost to keep with the pack and take more points from a rival, still alot better than last week

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Looks like all the other big sides are winning this weekend.

And Everton too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

This is ****ing sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom/status/769570661912150016
    DW: "now we'll use the international break. We've got a behind closed doors game at Liverpool for those who haven't played" #htafc (DTS)

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    This is ****ing sickening.

We have no luck.
    Lallana onside
    Coutinho sitter
    Penalty not given
    .. and United score in added time after a poor display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Disappointed myself. Moreno was out of position for the goal and let the guy get in behind him.

19lvkk.jpg

We have no luck.
    Lallana onside
    Coutinho sitter
    Penalty not given
    .. and United score in added time after a poor display.

United should not concern Liverpool this year. They will be involved in the title race and our aim should be to qualify for CL.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    United should not concern Liverpool this year. They will be involved in the title race and our aim should be to qualify for CL.
    Involved in title race, and we won't be. I am not capable of believing that. They won 3 out of 3 but have not faced anyone of note.
    We faced 3 tough away games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Involved in title race, and we won't be. I am not capable of believing that. They won 3 out of 3 but have not faced anyone of note.

The Title is usually won by the team that consistently beats the teams in the bottom half of the table and gets the little bit of luck like winning games in extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nothing wrong with today other than we can't be relied on to keep a clean sheet, and we can't kill teams off. As stupid as that maybe sounds.

The general play was fantastic. But I knew it would be. When teams come at us, we're as effective as anyone.

Chelsea's performance against Burnley shows what we're lacking in terms of challenging over the course of a season. They properly pulled a bus-parked Burnley all over the place.

I've no worries when it comes to games against the big guns. It's the other games.

We have no luck........

We were lucky we played Arsenal when their defence was in shreds personnel wise imo.

We have no luck........

We were lucky we played Arsenal when their defence was in shreds personnel wise imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We're looking good as far as im concerned.
    And now we get to play in the new Anfield!
    Mane will be amazing there. Becoming a big fan of Firmino too. Exciting times really.

379D83DE00000578-3760904-image-a-10_1472289212443.jpg

If only Lallana's thinking was as quick as his feet he would be world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No point bemoaning luck.

We just weren't good enough in the most important areas of the pitch - the centre of defence and in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

There isn't a hope in he'll Liverpool will be anywhere near a title race. They are light years behind Chelsea, City and Utd.

Liverpool will be doing well to be in the mix for 4th come seasons end.

Your naive if you don't believe it. We will improve this year and we will do well against the bigger teams but we will drop points to the teams who we shouldn't drop points to.

United have spent massive amounts of money this year and brought in Mourinho. They will grind out results when necessary and will win an awful lot of games comfortably.

They are a step above us and although on our day we can beat anyone, we just can not compete financially with the likes of City, Chelsea and United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

SlickRic wrote: »
    No point bemoaning luck.

We just weren't good enough in the mst important areas of the pitch - the centre of defence and in front of goal.

Don't think Lovren or Matip did much wrong today.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Don't think Lovren or Matip did much wrong today.

Lovern got man of the match and I thought Matip played very well for his first league game.

I'm trying to remember but did Lovern play left side of the CB for Southampton? He started there today with Matip on the right side anyway.

Lovern got man of the match and I thought Matip played very well for his first league game.

I'm trying to remember but did Lovern play left side of the CB for Southampton? He started there today with Matip on the right side anyway.

Ye Lovren played left side at Southampton.

Ye Lovren played left side at Southampton.

Maybe he's more comfortable there and we will see him line out as today with Matip going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

How is Burnley away a tougher game than Hull or Bournemouth away?

Maybe he's more comfortable there and we will see him line out as today with Matip going forward.

To be honest I think he needs someone in his ear the whole time whatever side he plays.

Fonte was the leader in Southampton yet is was always his partners that got the move.

I think Matip will be good for getting in his ear.

It's only four games into the season but I think Matip could do a better job at Captain than Henderson talking to players and organizing them.

How is Burnley away a tougher game than Hull or Bournemouth away?

Newly promoted side first game at home, always hard. Was hard for United tonight, except they won it in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with today other than we can't be relied on to keep a clean sheet, and we can't kill teams off. As stupid as that maybe sounds.

but isn't that the biggest thing a team could have wrong about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Newly promoted side first game at home, always hard. Was hard for United tonight, except they won it in the end.

Yet Hull are "no one of note" whilst the only game ye lost was a "tough away game" to Burnley?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope during the next couple of weeks fsg announce the sale of the club or at least a minority stake in the club

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement