Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ali kneed him in the back as the challenge was made,then stood on his ankle, he's english..its grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Cq3x_aNWIAUDV1N.jpg

Clearly in line. Both players are about to step on white line

Lallana is gonna hit the line deeper than the spurs defender, suggesting he is ahead of him. Plus, that pic doesn't even show the ball being played so is inconclusive at best, as Joe Lycett beautifully illustrates here. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, it's actually the opposite!

4 from 9 is just ok.

Most people's would have been pretty happy with 5 from 9 before a ball was kicked I'd say!

The Burnley defeat was just deflating after the the Arsenal win.

Leicester home and Chelsea away the next two.

Exactly, if we'd drawn or beaten Burnley and got 4 points overall that would have been easier to accept. Instead we feel we dropped 2 points yesterday and really should have had at least 1 against Burnley if we'd started out right.

4 is on target in the alternative table, 7 or 8 after the Chelsea game would be a decent start but it puts extra pressure on us not to lose either game coming up.

There's a good run of games to play like against Burnley after that! But ground should be made up after that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You love moaning don't you...

We got 4 points from Burnley, Arsenal and Spurs away. Thats far from a bad haul. We also took points off two of our biggest rivals for 4th in their home game. How is that not a good start?
    How are we doing on Morzadecs Alternative League table, though?

That's the one to show us how the race for 4th is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mormank wrote: »
    Lallana is gonna hit the line deeper than the spurs defender, suggesting he is ahead of him. Plus, that pic doesn't even show the ball being played so is inconclusive at best, as Joe Lycett beautifully illustrates here. :pac:

image.jpg

Ball played.
    Considering rule is to benefit the attacker then he's onside even if one could argue he is 2mm off. You could never measure that through seeing it once . What is really annoying is linesman was way off the pace and no where near inline , so how the hell did he even see it. He just flagged in case there was a huge offside he missed, saving himself.
    Funny thing about this is that even if there was video evidence it would come down to mm's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

image.jpg

Ball played.
    Considering rule is to benefit the attacker then he's onside even if one could argue he is 2mm off. You could never measure that through seeing it once . What is really annoying is linesman was way off the pace and no where near inline , so how the hell did he even see it. He just flagged in case there was a huge offside he missed, saving himself.
    Funny thing about this is that even if there was video evidence it would come down to mm's

So, based on this, surely we can give the assistant a break on this one.

r119241_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=1500&h=1500&scale=crop&site=espnfc

GettyImages-596247144.0.jpg

37A09A5C00000578-0-Jurgen_Klopp_extracted_an_energetic_display_from_his_troops_and_-m-24_1472334314104.jpg

You can see which manager is on wrong end of decisions and which is getting away with murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mosstin wrote: »

Yes.

Though the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker :p

If he was asked 'was he in line and did he see it'' he would have to say no if he answered honestly. So why flag.

• Advertisement

How are we doing on Morzadecs Alternative League table, though?

That's the one to show us how the race for 4th is going.

4 points is spot on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

As well as an away pt at WHL (which is fine looking at bigger picture) the huge takeaway from yesterday it that Matip looked well able to be a PL starter for us. If he forms a decent partnership with Lovren than Sakho leaving becomes almost a non issue once neither Matip or Lovren miss too many games.

Grujic I would think will get games too as Wijnaldum I don't think will cut the mustard for us at CM and like Henderson is quite likely better further up the pitch. Himself or Henderson might be an option with Lallana on the bench.

Once Can is fit it'll be interesting to see what happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'd be more inclined to have a go at Coutinho that the linesman, he taps that in and it gives us breathing room.

Going by that pic i'd say he's onside and the goal should have stood, but you'll have those days, they'll even out over the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

r119241_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=1500&h=1500&scale=crop&site=espnfc

GettyImages-596247144.0.jpg

37A09A5C00000578-0-Jurgen_Klopp_extracted_an_energetic_display_from_his_troops_and_-m-24_1472334314104.jpg

You can see which manager is on wrong end of decisions and which is getting away with murder.

Or they could be talking about anything.

Let it go.

If he was asked 'was he in line and did he see it'' he would have to say no if he answered honestly. So why flag.

I think that it's as you said, he was afraid making a major error especially with Spurs at home. It's a bloody hard job but I think they get the majority right, even the close ones. Whilst I think the assistant deserves some slack, I thought the ref was very poor yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pretty sure we got away with at least 1 in our own penalty box?

• Advertisement

Coutinho doesn't yet have the cool headedness, finesse, instinct, whatever for putting away those sort of opportunities that are far away from being tap ins but that are bread and butter for other #10s & of course strikers.

As folks keep mentioning, if he did we quite likely wouldn't have got him for what we paid :)

If he was sharper in the box he'd be really really really top class.

Seen quite a few people blowing smoke up Chelsea's arse based on their start to the season.
    West Ham (H)
    Watford (A)
    Burnley (H)

Late winners needed in the first two fixtures and, admittedly, a lesson handed out to Burnley yesterday.

Contrast that with ours;

Arsenal (A)
    Burnley (A)
    Spurs (A)

4 points taken from two very difficult London fixtures. People lose the run of themselves tipping Chelsea for the title based on their first 3 fixtures alone. I think they'll squeak into the Top 4 but they won't win it.
    Based on the above, we're not in a bad position.

Augeo wrote: »
    Coutinho doesn't yet have the cool headedness, finesse, instinct, whatever for putting away those sort of opportunities that are far away from being tap ins but that are bread and butter for other #10s & of course strikers.

As folks keep mentioning, if he did we quite likely wouldn't have got him for what we paid :)

What we needed was Coutinho rolling that into Firmino's path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MOTD
    Taking note of the incident where ref blows for a foul on Matip in box from corner, only for ref to give Spurs a second chance with a retake of corner. You can't just make rules up as you go.

They mentioned in that piece of analysis that the referee cannot blow for a foul until the ball is in play and by then the foul had been committed, they need to look at that rule imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Augeo wrote: »

He is only 24,he is getting in the positions and getting chances, maybe he could pass a little more but if a few more of those chances go in he will be hot property. I might be wrong but i don't think Suarez scored that much his first year with us,i am not saying he will be as good as that but if you have alot of the skills it only takes a little bit ,no injuries, good form etc to bring it to world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

garra wrote: »
    They mentioned in that piece of analysis that the referee cannot blow for a foul until the ball is in play and by then the foul had been committed, they need to look at that rule imo

So taking that rule to an extreme the next time we play say City and when the ball is out of play for a corner our CB's can give Aguero a wedgie and it's not a foul until the ref blows his whistle. :pac:

garra wrote: »

Yes ,basically have the 11 players in position to kick the opposing 11 in the balls before a set piece is taken ,person taking the set piece would need to be fast though

Perhaps, again more cool headedness, finesse, instinct whatever in the box and maybe he'd have rolled it to Firmino.
    sword1 wrote: »
    He is only 24,he is getting in the positions and getting chances, maybe he could pass a little more but if a few more of those chances go in he will be hot property. I might be wrong but i don't think Suarez scored that much his first year with us,i am not saying he will be as good as that but if you have alot of the skills it only takes a little bit ,no injuries, good form etc to bring it to world class

No doubt, I'm not criticising him as such, basically agreeing with yourself, he is what he is and if he was better he'd quite likely be elsewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seen quite a few people blowing smoke up Chelsea's arse based on their start to the season.
    West Ham (H)
    Watford (A)
    Burnley (H)

Late winners needed in the first two fixtures and, admittedly, a lesson handed out to Burnley yesterday.

Contrast that with ours;

Arsenal (A)
    Burnley (A)
    Spurs (A)

4 points taken from two very difficult London fixtures. People lose the run of themselves tipping Chelsea for the title based on their first 3 fixtures alone. I think they'll squeak into the Top 4 but they won't win it.
    Based on the above, we're not in a bad position.

Yes but they HAVE 9 points. We HAVE 4 points.

They have WON 3 games. We have WON 1 game.

That is all that counts.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Yes.

Though the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker :p

I don't know if that's a rule or practice anymore.

Yes but they HAVE 9 points. We HAVE 4 points.

They have WON 3 games. We have WON 1 game.

That is all that counts.

Context also counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

K-9 wrote: »
    I don't know if that's a rule or practice anymore.

I asked this a few times, everyone assumes its the case but I haven't seen it documented anywhere official.

Context also counts.

If Chelsea had a 9 point return with our fixtures I'd be seriously impressed.

However, as pointed out, they picked up their 9 points while not looking great which is important as you'd assume they'll grow more as the season goes on. A good start can make all the difference.

Everton could be this years surprise team. How crazy would it be for them to do
    a Leicester under Ronald Cool Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ah no. He should have fucking smashed it into the net, not go for precision.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ah no. He should have fucking smashed it into the net, not go for precision.

What I meant was that if Firmino was the player receiving the ball in that situation from a Coutinho pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »
    Do you even watch Klopp's Liverpool?

Sturridge doesn't start in games like today because he's incapable of pressing for long periods. It's obvious, and will always be the case under this manager.

Firmino was also superb today. He was also our top scorer in the league last year. So 'never scores' is a pretty stupid thing to say.

He was, but the sheer number of goals Sturbridge scored in the tail end of the season was pretty remarkable despite missing 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dread, Despair, and Must-Win Insanity

https://tomkinstimes.com/2016/08/dread-despair-and-must-win-insanity/

A reminder from TTT that all is not lost.

Clyne, Henderson, Lallana & Sturridge named in Big Sam's first England squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I agree with most of that, bar anything involving Moreno.

I'd say 99% of supporters could see that Moreno is the weakest link in that side and not addressing the issue could be very costly.

We could be easily sitting in the table with only two points after the couple of familiar mistakes that Moreno made. Thankfully we did rescue that game and managed to get all three points but having to select him after not buying cover during the window, Klopp has to take criticism for that decision.

There is still time before the deadline and I'll be shocked if a LB isn't bought.

Moreno must be getting death threats at this stage.Some of the criticism is over the top ,if the 😸 cat had kittens he would get the blame

sword1 wrote: »
    Moreno must be getting death threats at this stage.Some of the criticism is over the top ,if the 😸 cat had kittens he would get the blame

Well anyone taking it that far is only a degenerate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is still time before the deadline and I'll be shocked if a LB isn't bought.

Can everyone who is going to be "shocked" if we don't sign a LB by the close of the transfer market on Wednesday please take a selfie of the look on your face and post it?

Can everyone who is going to be "shocked" if we don't sign a LB by the close of the transfer market on Wednesday please take a selfie of the look on your face and post it?

A-Charlie-Brown-Thanksgiving-peanuts-26551492-1067-800.jpeg

• Advertisement

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I watched nearly a minute of that and had to turn it off. Painful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I had no idea what was going on so I stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Enthralling stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Nabil El Zhar ripping up La Liga 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

image.jpg

Ball played.

Benefit in doubt is a myth created by Andy Gray and still keeps get pushed today, offside is offside no matter if it is 2mm or 20 meters

• Advertisement

It's gone crazy for everyone it seems. Man City game, '' they need one more goal to go top'' Commentator , WTF / They went for it to , to get that goal.
    3 games in !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Benefit in doubt is a myth created by Andy Gray and still keeps get pushed today, offside is offside no matter if it is 2mm or 20 meters

Bollóx a late flag from the lino who was a yard behind the ball. fúck that. he's on side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ya unless you are Raheem Sterling playing against Man City in the 13/14 season. Then if you are 3 feet onside you are still offside! And no, I will never forget it, why should I? Worst offside decision I have ever seen. :mad:

image.jpg

Ball played.

Are you replying to your own posts now?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement