Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Albie? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here. He's hardly being dragged through the coals and I'm sure he won't be too torn up when he logs on here today and sees a little embarrassed emoji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Alonso (praise be upon him) article from the Guardian.

Can we just sign him again? I don't care that he is 34, he would still dominate PL midfields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lads he's in his 20's... the amount of dumb stuff that I bought back then. I also don't see why its any reason to mock the lad, personally it looks like a bit of craic.

If that was Mane in the pic there wouldn't be any "ffs" or the like being posted.

he has the right to do what he wants.
    i have the right to mock him. and I'd mock Mané the same way.

i got mocked for stupid shít I bought in my teens and twenties. i remember that fúcking mini-disc player I had. €300 or something stupid. i still get mocked now for it. as i should be. a waste of money when mp3 players were around the corner.

bad DVDs I bought. bad CDs I bought. ridiculously expensive wine I bought for no particular reason.

people get mocked for looking stupid, buying stupid stuff and just generally doing stupid things. it's not the end of the world. Moreno doesn't give a shít if I mock him for pushing a pram on a hoverboard. but i'll say it looks stupid if i think it does.

We get mocked for things. Such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

This is the damage international breaks do.

Look at what we've become.

giphy.gif

Is there anything to be said for an early match thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lads he's in his 20's... the amount of dumb stuff that I bought back then. I also don't see why its any reason to mock the lad, personally it looks like a bit of craic.

If that was Mane in the pic there wouldn't be any "ffs" or the like being posted.

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

SlickRic wrote: »

i got mocked for stupid shít I bought in my teens and twenties. i remember that fúcking mini-disc player I had. €300 or something stupid. i still get mocked now for it. as i should be. a waste of money when mp3 players were around the corner.

bad DVDs I bought. bad CDs I bought. ridiculously expensive wine I bought for no particular reason.

people get mocked for looking stupid, buying stupid stuff and just generally doing stupid things. it's not the end of the world. Moreno doesn't give a shít if I mock him for pushing a pram on a hoverboard. but i'll say it looks stupid if i think it does.

Mini discs were pretty cool tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anything Moreno does that means he can potentially fall and injure himself has to be a good thing eh? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

8-10 wrote: »
    Anything Moreno does that means he can potentially fall and injure himself has to be a good thing eh? :P

Unless it's in our box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

corwill wrote: »

giphy.gif

Yeah, bored and waiting for the weekend here

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6gJiHNsnZXglsF0TzXL35rIow88cCCdIXd_4X-eiX8KZ2vMS0Pw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But were you a multi millionaire who can afford to waste money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    Here. He's hardly being dragged through the coals and I'm sure he won't be too torn up when he logs on here today and sees a little embarrassed emoji.

Exactly. I think Pyjamarama doth protest too much.

EDIT: and I didn't post it cos it makes him look like an eejit,I posted it cos it makes him look lazy as ****. I probably should have said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

corwill wrote: »

giphy.gif

Anguish in brackets is a chuckler.

Reminds me of people adding the emotions to the end of their facebook status. " - feeling mad :mad:"

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But were you a multi millionaire who can afford to waste money?

a stupid purchase is a stupid purchase. whether you're a millionaire or not is pretty meaningless.

a stupid purchase is a stupid purchase. whether you're a millionaire or not is pretty meaningless.

Sure if you enjoyed wasting it, it wasn't a waste. The tourist economy of Amsterdam pretty much depends on the maxim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Are you seriously saying you dont see a reason why, a man standing on a toy while pushing a pram, is being mocked?

Personally I couldn't care less but wouldn't rush to defend him either, it an odd thing to see and its a perfectly valid situation to poke a bit of fun at. I would pretty much have the same reaction to anyone doing the same thing.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

mmmm

I bought a DVD player for 350 punt when I was a young lad and first living away from home ,I could not afford to put fuel in the car to get to work that week !
    I did not have any DVDS and could not afford to buy any It was a month later of baked beans on toast for dinner that I actually got to try it and realized it was defective and needed to be swapped by the shop , this was a pretty stupid purchase that if I had plenty of money would not have been as daft.

mmmm

I bought a DVD player for 350 punt when I was a young lad and first living away from home ,I could not afford to put fuel in the car to get to work that week !
    I did not have any DVDS and could not afford to buy any It was a month later of baked beans on toast for dinner that I actually got to try it and realized it was defective and needed to be swapped by the shop , this was a pretty stupid purchase that if I had plenty of money would not have been as daft.

Daftness might explain the lack of money! It certainly explains my lack of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Shocking if he did purchase it, getting stuff like that for free is one of the pro footballer perks.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What Moreno chooses to transport himself around on when not in a Liverpool jersey ranks somewhere below whether the club shop stocks biros in terms of things I care about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Read this story on Dean Saunders and Brian Clough today. Never did like Dean Saunders, mind you, never did like Brian Clough either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I still use Minidiscs for recording, even in this digital Flac and Wav age, they are the best portable recording devices ever made IMO... :)

God the weekend can't hurry up enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

kfallon wrote: »
    Zidane didn't play in that game, he was injured for the first two group games so......

well for 14 years i thought diao played at least one great game,now you have ruined that for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Fieldog wrote: »
    I still use Minidiscs for recording, even in this digital Flac and Wav age, they are the best portable recording devices ever made IMO... :)

thinkfast2.jpg

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Enrique found a club and joins Real Zaragoza.

noti_joseenrique_fichaje_7_sep_16.jpg

• Advertisement

Klavan out for the weekend again. Lucas presumably will be cover on the bench again as it doesn't sound like Sakho will be allowed to be that close to a first team game for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    Klavan out for the weekend again. Lucas presumably will be cover on the bench again as it doesn't sound like Sakho will be allowed to be that close to a first team game for a while.

I'd want both of them on the bench to be honest...Definitely want Lucas as a midfield option if we need to hold a lead. Don't see anyone else having the foresight to snuff out those quick through balls Leicester play on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Saw on snapchat Sakho was one of the players modelling the Winter/Autumn line of LFC gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho would be a month behind on the rest of the squad wouldn't he if he is just back from injury in the last week or so he has no pre season in him so even if everything was/is ok with klopp it would still be a month at least before he was up to speed fitness wise.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ............Definitely want Lucas as a midfield option if we need to hold a lead. ......

Doesn't seem to be part of our strategy/philosophy. I'd be really surprised if it becomes part of what we are trying to achieve on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be part of our strategy/philosophy. I'd be really surprised if it becomes part of what we are trying to achieve on the pitch.

Would be madness not to consider him imo. I mean, we kept him on for a reason... most reckon it's purely as cover for CB, but I hope it's a little more than that, recognition of what he can do if called upon in the centre. Like against Chelsea under Klopp last season.

Henderson in that deep lying role he's been playing so far this season will get caught out against a style like Leicesters, so while Can is out, I at least want the option of Lucas to be there in case we need it if we find ourselves holding onto something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Sakho will force his way back into Klopp's plans sooner or later. He is our most talented CB & this falling out with Klopp could be the kick he needs to reach his best level. He was immense at times for us last year.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Sakho will force his way back into Klopp's plans sooner or later. He is our most talented CB & this falling out with Klopp could be the kick he needs to reach his best level. He was immense at times for us last year.

I think he probably will, as long as he doesn't show a lack of discipline again, but I don't think it'll be sooner barring a proper injury crisis in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

MD1990 wrote: »

While looking like this
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

While looking like this
    giphy.gif
    KC7TNkdu_400x400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see Kariustovictory is described as fit but will be on the bench at best.

Won't be for long...a disaster is never too far away with Mignolet. He's been grand so far tho,to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Coming for to Karius home is still my favourite!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/five-liverpool-youngsters-ready-break-8784495

Mirror pick out 5 youngsters to make the breakthrough to the first team.

Sheyi Ojo, Ben Woodburn, Adam Phillips, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ovie Ejaria.

Anyone with more familiarity with these players want to shed some insight? I'm always wary of these lists but we have seen a few more young players get chances in recent years. Rodgers and Klopp were willing to gamble on some players tbf.

Are we finally seeing the fruits of Benitez's labour with the youth academy? Or are these the latest in a long list of players that includes Craig Lindfield, etc that didn't amount to anything?

From what I have seen, I think Ojo should get a few opportunities this season. He looks keen so once he can shake off his injury, we might see him a few times. Alexander-Arnold has the benefit of being a right-back so he might get a chance too since we're short there.

Woodburn looked good in pre-season but is very young so I don't expect to see him, and I'm not really familiar with Phillips or Ejaria.

Anyone else in the academy we should look out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mosstin wrote: »
    Read this story on Dean Saunders and Brian Clough today. Never did like Dean Saunders, mind you, never did like Brian Clough either.

Dunno if any Liverpool fan could like Clough after his comments on Hillsborough almost as bad as the rag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/five-liverpool-youngsters-ready-break-8784495

Mirror pick out 5 youngsters to make the breakthrough to the first team.

Sheyi Ojo, Ben Woodburn, Adam Phillips, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ovie Ejaria.

Anyone with more familiarity with these players want to shed some insight? I'm always wary of these lists but we have seen a few more young players get chances in recent years. Rodgers and Klopp were willing to gamble on some players tbf.

Are we finally seeing the fruits of Benitez's labour with the youth academy? Or are these the latest in a long list of players that includes Craig Lindfield, etc that didn't amount to anything?

From what I have seen, I think Ojo should get a few opportunities this season. He looks keen so once he can shake off his injury, we might see him a few times. Alexander-Arnold has the benefit of being a right-back so he might get a chance too since we're short there.

Woodburn looked good in pre-season but is very young so I don't expect to see him, and I'm not really familiar with Phillips or Ejaria.

Anyone else in the academy we should look out for?

Ejaria was impressive in pre season. I can see him doing well and pushing for a spot. Definitely one for the future with Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mosstin wrote: »

Dunno if any Liverpool fan could like Clough after his comments on Hillsborough almost as bad as the rag

What he say ?

ricero wrote: »
    What he say ?

He blamed the fans for it, possibly in his book.
    Tho I think he may have backtracked at a later date, open to correction on that one!
    Think the book came out around the time Nigel was at Liverpool so great timing from him.

Klopp asked how upset he was by criticism from Mino Raiola over Mario Balotelli's treatment at Liverpool. "0.0" he says.

:D

Mane is fine but Can and Klaven won't play.

Press conference stuff btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mane is fine but Can and Klaven won't play.

Press conference stuff btw.
    'Sake.

And here I was thinking you were an ITK:D

'Sake.

And here I was thinking you were an ITK:D

I am but I don't like to talk about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

BBC have some excerpts from the press conference from Klopp on Sakho. Sounds like he may get a chance once he gets fit.
    Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho turned down loan moves despite being fourth-choice centre-back after discpline problems.

"After closing of the window the situation is like it is and you cannot change your squad," said Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

"Now it is about making Mama fit - which he isn't after this long time with suspension and injury - and we will see what happens.

"I have no idea what happens when because it is who plays how, who performs when, our results. At the end Mama knows and I know and from my side that is enough.

"It's not a problem. You don't have to gain my trust. He didn't play football for a long time, he needs to play football. That's difficult here because the other players are fit.

"We had to speak about it before the window closes - that's what I did. I'm not silly enough to forget good performances.

"We have one more good centre-half so it is all good but for him it needs time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement