Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

With all the good vibes about the new stand and first home game of the season I'm afraid I can only see a Leicester win tomorrow. We've been here way too many times before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

With all the good vibes about the new stand and first home game of the season I'm afraid I can only see a Leicester win tomorrow. We've been here way too many times before.

Reading during the week about some of the lucky gits on this thread sitting in the new stand whilst yours truly is stuck at the Anfield Road end behind the bloody nets. I share your pessimism as I think Leicester will relish getting into our midfield. Looking forward to seeing Mané on the wing however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

GBX wrote: »
    Gary Gillespie ????

It's defo him alright, shame on you Harry for not recognising him.....tho you may have been scouring the photo for Billy Liddell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Interesting video. I kept waiting for something to happen, then it finished... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What's wrong with converse?

Nothing at all. A nice pair of Oxfords might have been a better choice given the crowd and the occasion.

It's all moot anyway as I'm sure Klopp didn't really want to be there is the first place.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yep, whenever things get a bit too positive, it all comes crashing down all too often.
    mosstin wrote: »
    Reading during the week about some of the lucky gits on this thread sitting in the new stand whilst yours truly is stuck at the Anfield Road end behind the bloody nets. I share your pessimism as I think Leicester will relish getting into our midfield. Looking forward to seeing Mané on the wing however.

You'll have to listen to the 'Champions' chanting all game too. Hopefully we can put them back in their box for the day anyhow, but see above for the pessimistic thoughts on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mormank wrote: »
    Interesting video. I kept waiting for something to happen, then it finished... :(

Just a video for those fans far away to see what it is like around some of the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone start a thread before I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Someone start a thread before I do.

Are Klopp and Liverpool done?

Just a video for those fans far away to see what it is like around some of the ground

Was I the only one who couldn't see either Barnes or Fowler whilst they were talking in the corridor?
    Actually I was a little disappointed with how few of the players touched the sign on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Twitter video of The "This is Anfield" sign being put back up.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/774287826196148224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Call me old fashioned but a wide tunnel with no stairs just isn't Anfield, is it? I'm all for redevelopment but changing the tunnel and the placement of the sign is a step too far.

At least the pillars are gone, I'll give them credit there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nice to see my friend's aunt Marie get so well looked after in Liverpool, thanks to the Irish Reds YNWA Supporters Group....

And Carra the gent

:)

i5zun06.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=175773536189856&id=162029010897642&set=a.162119284221948.1073741829.162029010897642

We truly are the worst fans in the world... :P

So reading all about the new stand today it seems it will generate an extra £25m a season and if FSG were to take that the interest free loan will be paid off in five seasons not bad really.

FSG have stood by their promises you have to say that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

So reading all about the new stand today it seems it will generate an extra £25m a season and if FSG were to take that the interest free loan will be paid off in five seasons not bad really.

FSG have stood by their promises you have to say that.

25 million in turnover or profit?

sword1 wrote: »
    25 million in turnover or profit?

Profit at the end of every season I read in one piece but reading another piece now it say turnover.. this could be the new netspend or the whole £ $ € bit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

"We are the only people that can change our circumstances, nobody else will do it for you," said Klopp ahead of Saturday's clash with Leicester. "You can say but they have this, they have that - it is useless. We will work with what we have.

"We have to do more from our side. We want to go to the best teams in the world and give them hell in the moment we face them - in Manchester, in London, wherever I don't care! This is football.

"If there is one part of life where you can challenge the best in the world, then it's football.

"It depends on our attitude. If always the people with the best circumstances would win, this world would be an ugly place.

"We all have the chance to fight for everything. It's not about having a guarantee, it's about having the opportunity.

"If anyone comes in here and thinks that this stadium doesn't give us a chance to fight then they are dead - no emotions. They can't feel this place,"

Was I the only one who couldn't see either Barnes or Fowler whilst they were talking in the corridor?
    Actually I was a little disappointed with how few of the players touched the sign on the way out.

Not sure if serious but it's 360deg vid so you use the direction arrows top left to change your view.

• Advertisement

We might have let Mario go on a free but this is a new club these days when it comes to selling getting rid of the unwanted.
    Liverpool, who offloaded Balotelli on a free transfer rather than pay up the final 12 months of his £75,000-a-week contract, have wisely - or optimistically - inserted a 30 per cent sell-on clause in the deal, just in case he becomes Super Mario once again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-news-mario-balotelli-wayne-rooney-a7228486.html

Ignoring Mario as he's a special case really most of the unwanted are/were young enough with years left in the tank, the buoyant market is a huge help but we are seeing some FSG strategy coming into play..... we'll still probably get the odd Lovren but I don't think there's any player is our first team squad that we'd make a huge loss on if sold over the coming transfer windows.

To be fair, even before this inflated market we showed what we were about last season with the Sterling sale, Firmino was bought before he went and in anyone's book £50m ish was a decent fee with 2 years left on his deal.

Augeo wrote: »
    Not sure if serious but it's 360deg vid so you use the direction arrows top left to change your view.

^^^^Serious I'm afraid as illustrated in my post above. :o I was playing poker when I watched it and wasn't really paying much attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That video is pretty cool. I've been in the dressing room and touched the sign, reminded me of a great day.

On the seats, this ripped from RAWK
    After the opening and a look around I went with the Mr LFC Tickets to the top of the MS to look at the restricted view seats - Kop End only - we couldn't go up the other end.

Firstly, that workman photo is blag. The seat under his arse doesn't exist - it looks like he's brought a loose one in and sat on it.

Also about the first two or three rows running away from that wall have NOT been sold.

The first two rows of seats that have been sold for £9 have a restricted view that consists of not being able to see a strip of the pitch from the Kemlyn/Kop corner flag about three yards in and fifteen yards long.

Further over the view becomes clear for most seats other than a few where you can't see the corner flag area about three yards square. I have to say they are not the ones right in the Gods and the view for £9 is actually pretty brilliant in my view - those using them tomorrow can have their own view.

Anny Road end may be a different story but what I think will surprise people is the number of seats that the Club aren't selling because the view isn't good enough.

On the seats, this ripped from RAWK

Why bother having seats there though if not being sold?

Because it ruins the look! That or they are planning for the Annie Road development at which point they'll be seats that have a view.

Because it ruins the look! That or they are planning for the Annie Road development at which point they'll be seats that have a view.

Those seats though were down the Kop end that he was talking about, weren't they?

I don't think the Anfield Road end will be started for years, if at all, despite the planning permission. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Benteke scores for Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Glad to see brendan is doing well. Good manager just lost his way.

The reason Lovren isn't playing

CsALBN_XEAAzL9-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well, damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

CsALBN_XEAAzL9-.jpg
    Fellaini at it again, ffs:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Terrible choice of picture, but, team:

CsALKzfWIAYHWBC.png:small

Lucas over Sakho! Two midfielders in our back 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Lucas over Sakho!

Sakho is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He's not fit

Sakho if he has recovered from his injury is still weeks away from match fitness I'd say he had no pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What about Klavan?

Gbear wrote: »
    What about Klavan?

Also out injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

CsALBN_XEAAzL9-.jpg

Jaysus... I never realized that Lovren was such a ride.

Mane's first game at Anfield! Hard to believe. He's going to tear the place up. Instant champ.

They just showed Lovren again on the side of the pitch, he is fuçked! He should be in feckin hospital!

None of the players touched the 'This is Anfield' sign?

• Advertisement

They almost never used to do before either. Nothing to do with the new stand.

Klopp has told them not too until they win trophies of their own at Liverpool.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-bans-liverpool-players-7760479

I don't like the new camera angle, it doesn't seem right at all!

Edit: Am I just imagining it is different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

May be of interest to some here.... auction of lot of liverpool memorabilia, lifted from some criminal.

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/liquidation-disposals-search-results/1205

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't like the new camera angle, it doesn't seem right at all!

It'll just take some getting use to that's all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement