Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Giving the ball away early I see. Glad to see we're keeping that up! Yep, really glad of that.

First decent move of the game by us.

rob316 wrote: »
    Glad to see brendan is doing well. Good manager just lost his way.

Indeed.
    Pressure is off now at Celtic imo, in the CL group they are in there is zero expectation of progression so unless they get absolutely battered in all the games he's pretty much guaranteed to be able to continue building a squad to get perennial CL proper qualification. If he manages to get them out of the CL group he'll have a nice bit to put on the ole CV.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    It'll just take some getting use to that's all.

I think it's great, seems to be more of the game on show than normal, 'tis brilliant :)

Great goal,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

retalivity wrote: »
    May be of interest to some here.... auction of lot of liverpool memorabilia, lifted from some criminal.

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/liquidation-disposals-search-results/1205

Some very cool items there, they'd make a nice Christmas gift.

I hope the other half reads this thread;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Klopp has told them not too until they win trophies of their own at Liverpool.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-bans-liverpool-players-7760479

Oh yeah, thata awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »
    Great goal,

Suarez-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two of the main summer signings have improved the first team that's for sure with Matip & Mane.

Wijnaldum seems solid if unspectacular hopefully Karius it's the ground running when he gets his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

One thing I liked is that Matip seemed pretty calm after we conceded. Just a signal to relax and that its all ok. We need more like him. Milner looks nervous since the goal... and as for our keeper... can Karius start soon please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mignolet needs to be taken out in training.

Mignolet needs to be taken out in training.

Lovren's shiner was meant for Mignolet but but typical Mignolet he slipped at the wrong moment and Lovren took it instead.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I suppose it's important to remember that our "true" team hasn't appeared yet this season (in the literal sense, because of injuries to the likes of Can, Karius and our CBs).

But you'll always have players missing.

Lots of disparate parts but we haven't seen a fully formed whole all that often and I don't know what that would even be at this point.

Also, after being impressed at the beginning of his time here I'm starting to think Clyne isn't a good enough footballer to play the way we want.
    He looks like your typical English lump most of the time. His passing and touch are awful.

All in all, we're playing it out from the back with 1 guy in the back 6 who's fit, match sharp, playing in position and good enough on the ball.

With Can, Karius, a better Lucas or another CB, it could be enough to turn this perpetual meltdown into something that's actually a strength, but even so, I'm not convinced those options are at the club.

Sub keeper needed on now please

Lallana under Klopp is like a new signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Get the **** in Lallana. Knew he'd score today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Gbear wrote:
    Also, after being impressed at the beginning of his time here I'm starting to think Clyne isn't a good enough footballer to play the way we want. He looks like your typical English lump most of the time. His passing and touch are awful.

Ah here come on. He was excellent and our best player last season. Out of form atm and will come good.

How good is Bobby Firmino btw. He's getting better and better too.

The new pitch look great as well.

• Advertisement

No more than Bobby deserves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Henderson ran the show in midfield today. Its almost like it might just take him time to get used to the position. Huge positives to be taken from today. We look LETHAL in attack.

7 points from last seasons top 3 in our first 4 games that not a bad start at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Remember when Firmino was a hairdresser who was going to be loaned out last Christmas?

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Moreno coming on at right wing was interesting. I wonder will he be brought on as an impact sub as a winger from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5th after the fixtures we were handed. Ah, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Absolutely lethal in attack it's actually scary. Matip looks like the man who can solve the problems at the back. Bar lucas **** up he was fairly solid.

Colemania wrote: »
    Moreno coming on at right wing was interesting. I wonder will he be brought on as an impact sub as a winger from now on.

Its like Klopp is remolding him!

"You are a winger now, Alberto"
    "Ho-k boss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Delighted with that. Was convinced we'd lose today. Great performance apart from one ridiculous mistake.

Good to see Lucas' mistake didn't matter in the end. I'd say there were one or one ready to pounce on that.

• Advertisement

What a glorious evening.

The front four were absolutely fantastic, along with good performances from Henderson, Miller and Clyne.

Alls good really.

Motm could of easily went to a number of players which is always a good thing but happy enough with Lallana getting the shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good to see Lucas' mistake didn't matter in the end. I'd say there were one or one ready to pounce on that.

One pounced anyway, and left the thread a broken man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's only the turf isn't it? The whole thing is going to be re-done (watering system etc) next summer I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Grayditch wrote: »
    5th after the fixtures we were handed. Ah, yeah.

Chelsea on Friday to add to the tough start

Chelsea on Friday to add to the tough start

Bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Referees need to get their act together, two wrong offside calls today to add to the pile of them we've already had this season. And I don't know how there was nothing given for the push on Firmino.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great performance, lots of positives, 3 more points, Anfield looked impressive and Matip and Mané in particular looked very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Referees need to get their act together, two wrong offside calls today to add to the pile of them we've already had this season. And I don't know how there was nothing given for the push on Firmino.

Also the Leicester goal should not have stood, but yea when he gave that free kick against Frimino in the 2nd half then how could he not have given the one against him in the 1st half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Lick Matip is boss.

CsAsGxrWEAAOopw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lick Matip is boss.

CsAsGxrWEAAOopw.jpg

I don't care how boss he is I'm not doing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Also the Leicester goal should not have stood, but yea when he gave that free kick against Frimino in the 2nd half then how could he not have given the one against him in the 1st half.

What was wrogn with it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really liking Matip, think hes a fantastic signing.

Milner is really growing into that LB role.

Four games in and 4 goals scored away to Arsenal and 4 goals against the Champions but still only a plus 2.

Only Watford, West Ham and Stoke have conceded more goals.:mad:

But we've turned another corner now, I'm sure of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Great result. Good perfomance.

You won't hear the words "Left back" or "Milner" a lot in the next couple of days because that only pops up when it goes wrong but he was very good today. Fair play to him.

Feel sorry for Lucas coz he was really good overall, just an awful error for the goal but such is life.

We look as good an attacking force as any team in the league when we get motoring and so much of that comes through Mane, the guy is phenomenal.

Still a tad vulnerable defensively but it's not easy when we keep having to chop and change and we havent got settled there yet.

Chuffed today anyway. Tough game coming up again and we've got plenty of room for improvement but great win and I'm fooking dying for Match Of The Day already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is the pitch bigger now ? Looked a bit wider today

What was wrogn with it?

Technicality.

Leicester player entered the box before the goal kick was taken.

martyos121 wrote: »
    One pounced anyway, and left the thread a broken man.

Worth reading just for that. :)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Technicality.

Leicester player entered the box before the goal kick was taken.

Before the ball left the area, not before it was taken. Very different things. He was miles into it actually by the time it got to Lucas and just outside the box.

ricero wrote: »
    Is the pitch bigger now ? Looked a bit wider today

Camera is now at a higher altitude because of the increase in the new stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Camera is now at a higher altitude because of the increase in the new stand.

People were going mad about it. I think it looked fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement