Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    Happens all the time.

To be fair a technicality shouldnt deny their deserving a goal when we made a huge mistake. We need to learn from it not excuse it

Sound like more than a technicality to me, it is probably just little known. Thankfully made no difference anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

5starpool wrote: »
    Sound like more than a technicality to me, it is probably just little known. Thankfully made no difference anyhow.

Well haven watched football for a long long long time now religiously, I can say honestly I didnt think there was as issue (doesnt mean there wasnt of course). I would feel harder done by with Sterlings goal against City a couple of years back when he was about 20 yards onside or when Spurs goal against United was hitting the back of the net from the half way line and ruled that it didnt cross the line.

These things happen. That I have learnt to accept.

Our mistake that led to the goal was all us. Nothing to do with little know technicalities.

Should the goal have stood? no. Neither should Sunderlands that hit the beach ball but thats how it goes.

We need to learn to not get into that situation in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mr.H wrote: »
    Well haven watched football for a long long long time now religiously, I can say honestly I didnt think there was as issue (doesnt mean there wasnt of course). I would feel harder done by with Sterlings goal against City a couple of years back when he was about 20 yards onside or when Spurs goal against United was hitting the back of the net from the half way line and ruled that it didnt cross the line.

These things happen. That I have learnt to accept.

Our mistake that led to the goal was all us. Nothing to do with little know technicalities.

Should the goal have stood? no. Neither should Sunderlands that hit the beach ball but thats how it goes.

We need to learn to not get into that situation in the first place

Well in fairness it's hard to learn to cope with a situation where the field is full of beach balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hopefully Can back soon too, perhaps for Derby.

Nearly forgot that Can, Coutinho and Origi didn't even start the game today. We have great options going forward if we could just tighten it up at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well in fairness it's hard to learn to cope with a situation where the field is full of beach balls

Could have stopped the player from having a free run into the box in the first place. Seems to be a common occurrence for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The really annoying thing is that we lost the game that you don't describe as tough.

I know aberrations happen, but we'll have an annoying amount of them. I can see us beating Chelsea and then losing to Hull or Swansea.

I love that our best is reminiscent of 3 years ago, and our worst actually, although I don't love that.

The most important thing this season was winning today, we won 6 league games at home last season, that's less than 1 in 3, that's relegation form lads.

I've said it a few times, sort the home form out and the away games will look after themselves. The likes of Burnley away will happen, sort out the home form and it doesn't really matter.

Sturridge on that form is a no brainer in home games, such an intelligent footballer with that touch of the unexpected that we miss without him.

Anybody that thinks he's a selfish git should watch that 2 minute highlight reel. He missed a one on one but the only reason he got criticised is because he's probably the best at those in the league, 9 times out of 10 he puts those away.

Defenders are scared sh*tless of him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    we won 6 league games at home last season, that's less than 1 in 3, that's relegation form lads.

Jaysus. That's criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

K-9 wrote: »
    The most important thing this season was winning today, we won 6 league games at home last season, that's less than 1 in 3, that's relegation form lads.
    We won 8 league games at home in the 2015/16 season.

Bournemouth 1-0
    Aston Villa 3-2
    Swansea 1-0
    Leicester 1-0
    Man City 3-0
    Stoke City 4-1
    Everton 4-0
    Watford 2-0

We only lost 3 home games: West Ham, Man Utd & Crystal Palace.

There were also 8 home draws (Norwich, Southampton, West Brom, Arsenal, Sunderland, Tottenham, Newcastle & Chelsea).

Teams that finish in the top 4, win at least 13/14 of their home games, we need to play for wins rather than settling for draws against lesser teams. If we had won 4 of the home games drawn (e.g. Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland & Newcastle) we would have finished in the top 4.

The same issue plagued us in 2008/9, we finished second in the league with 86 points having drawn 7 home games (Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Hull, Man City, Everton & Arsenal). Man Utd won the title with 90 points and drew 2 home games (Newcastle & Arsenal) - their first and last home games that season. Their draw with Arsenal secured them the title. The four draws against Stoke, Fulham, West Ham and Hull City before Christmas of that season cost us the chance of winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Couldn't see the game yesterday. How did we play lads?

• Advertisement

Brief summary, played fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

About 80% on the sexyfootball-o-meter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Like champions elect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Positions and passing networks for yesterday up to the 72nd minute

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsA2RsoWgAAbMej.jpg:large

CsA2RsoWgAAbMej.jpg:large
    Looks very strong up the left. And was Sturridge that isolated from play yesterday? Just about to watch the highlights now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Very impressed with the game yesterday.

Firmino and Mané (deservedly) dominating the conversation but a special word for Adam Lallana too who was, IMO, absolutely fantastic. So impressed with him this season and the goal was excellent.

Sturridge played very, very well too - I wouldn't be making a single change for the game against Chelsea with the exception of Lucas out for Lovren.

And, on Lucas, he didn't actually play badly. It was just one dreadful mistake for the goal which is always annoying to see. Causing ourselves unnecessary pressure. On another day, something like that could be costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For a lad who couldn't last more than 60 minutes when he was first signed he doing ok under Klopp.

He set the record in the last game and broke it yesterday.
    Adam Lallana broke his own record and ran 13.1km v Leicester - the most a player has covered in a Premier League game so far in 2016-17!

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/774911177667207168

• Advertisement

Flash git.

Lallana was brilliant yesterday.

Kop were chanting his name a good few times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lallana will be huge for us this season. He's so good at finding space. Its ludicrous to say it as he's our best player but right now Coutinho looks the odd man out. He needs to be less selfish. I blame the media who every year trot out "to hit the next level he needs to add more goals to his game", he doesn't, he just needs to play better in all phases.

Talisman wrote: »
    The same issue plagued us in 2008/9, we finished second in the league with 86 points having drawn 7 home games (Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Hull, Man City, Everton & Arsenal). Man Utd won the title with 90 points and drew 2 home games (Newcastle & Arsenal) - their first and last home games that season. Their draw with Arsenal secured them the title. The four draws against Stoke, Fulham, West Ham and Hull City before Christmas of that season cost us the chance of winning the league.

That's kind of a 'lazy truth' that has come to be accepted. Much like in the Rodgers nearly season, it was an amazing run in the last 12-14 games that nearly won us the league, but the others ahead of us before that run started didn't drop enough points. If we had finished that 08-09 season with 10 wins, 2 draws and a loss (instead of 12 wins and a draw) and finished 9 points behind there would have been a hell of a lot less teeth gnashing. We did draw too many games, but some of those are games we would have otherwise lost as well normally. It was also down to Utd getting 90 points and puling out stupid wins vs Villa and Sunderland in particular which really galvanised them in the run in.

There are many things to say about that season, but to distil it down to us not winning the league because we drew too many is far too simplistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fair play to lallana, not a player ive ever had a whole lot of time for but he has strted this season well and seems undroppable. Long may it last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

View from the stands....
    That was wonderful to watch. Or football in tight situations - with Firmino at the hub of everything - was wonderful. Some of Firmino's touches were filthy.
    Henderson was excellent yesterday, rarely gave the ball away and, finally, commanded things. Wijnaldum was neat and tidy, linked well with defence and attack.
    Back 4 was solid, largely untroubled and Mig made a vital save at a key moment. Milner was impressive and Matip looks very assured.
    Our attacking play was sensational at times - this was a team that only lost a couple of games last year and we blew them away.
    Firmino is amazing to watch in the flesh - a constant blur of motion, superb touches and top notch game intelligence.
    Sturridge missed two very presentable chances but worked hard and made some great unselfish runs - something he doesn't always get credit for.
    Lallana - who, admittedly, gets on my nerves at times - was excellent, particularly in the second half.
    Schmeichel saved them from a pummeling yesterday. We were a pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's kind of a 'lazy truth' that has come to be accepted. Much like in the Rodgers nearly season, it was an amazing run in the last 12-14 games that nearly won us the league, but the others ahead of us before that run started didn't drop enough points. If we had finished that 08-09 season with 10 wins, 2 draws and a loss (instead of 12 wins and a draw) and finished 9 points behind there would have been a hell of a lot less teeth gnashing. We did draw too many games, but some of those are games we would have otherwise lost as well normally. It was also down to Utd getting 90 points and puling out stupid wins vs Villa and Sunderland in particular which really galvanised them in the run in.

There are many things to say about that season, but to distil it down to us not winning the league because we drew too many is far too simplistic.

You can't control what others do.

Our issue was a lack of options up front.

The guys brought in to bolster our attack did a decent enough job - Benayoun, Babel, Riera and so on. They weren't anywhere near the same calibre as the likes of Utd.
    Keane was of the right standard but he wasn't hugely direct and we sold him anyway (that still pisses me right off - how many players get sold after 3 months and fewer than 30 games? Even ****ing Balotelli got more time than that - that was the peak of the Rafa cutting his nose off to spite his face era).

Only Torres and Gerrard were both direct and much good and both missed a fair bit of the season.

Utd had Nani, Ronaldo, Tevez and then the likes of Rooney and Berbatov as more indirect threats.

We even outscored them but it wasn't about numbers of goals - it was about different kinds of threats. We were getting more 3's and 4's but that's only gilding the lily. They were getting more out of those tight games and winning by 1 or 2.

That's not a criticism (other than the Keane bollocks). We were where we were as a club at the time and Benitez had us playing at an immense level. To really get to that consistent level of being top class he just needed more firepower and he didn't quite manage it.
    That doesn't mean we would've won the league either - that Utd team was ridiculous and 90pts is a tough ask. But that's what that team was missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Talisman wrote: »
    We won 8 league games at home in the 2015/16 season.

Bournemouth 1-0
    Aston Villa 3-2
    Swansea 1-0
    Leicester 1-0
    Man City 3-0
    Stoke City 4-1
    Everton 4-0
    Watford 2-0

We only lost 3 home games: West Ham, Man Utd & Crystal Palace.

There were also 8 home draws (Norwich, Southampton, West Brom, Arsenal, Sunderland, Tottenham, Newcastle & Chelsea).

Teams that finish in the top 4, win at least 13/14 of their home games, we need to play for wins rather than settling for draws against lesser teams. If we had won 4 of the home games drawn (e.g. Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland & Newcastle) we would have finished in the top 4.

Sorry, Kenny was 6 wins, last season was our second worst in PL history.

13/14 was 16 wins I believe, we'd need to be getting 13 or 14 for a top 4 finish. The target at home in the alternative table is about 44/45 points and about 30 away.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Yesterday's performance was great but my heart was in my mouth way too many times with our playing out from the back,we were terrible at it and it's not down to the keeper either,if that's the way klopp wants to go then we need massive improvements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yesterday's performance was great but my heart was in my mouth way too many times with our playing out from the back,we were terrible at it and it's not down to the keeper either,if that's the way klopp wants to go then we need massive improvements
    Playing out from the back is vital for retaining possession, the problem is players putting each other under pressure. Even for the mistake by Lucas, Mignolet put the ball down fast and played it straight away to Lucas without assessing his options and looking where the opposition were. Lucas was not calling for the ball and while he had time to clear the ball upfield before his bad touch his options were more limited than Mignolets.

Youth Football round up

Yesterday - U18 v Stoke

Game ended 3-1, Stoke were down to 10 men on 30 mins

G. McAuley 16'
    G. McAuley 26'
    R. Brewster 90

Today U23 v Leicester City FT 4-0

D. Ings 3'
    (assist by B. Woodburn) 1 - 0
    B. Woodburn 17'
    (assist by T. Arnold) 2 - 0
    H. Wilson 20' 3 - 0
    O. Ejaria 34'
    (assist by H. Wilson) 4 - 0

Strong line up it must be said

Kelleher, Randall, Ilori, Whelan, Stewart, Chirivella, Wilson, Ejaria, Arnold, Ings, Woodburn

Brannagan (for Chirivella 71') Juanma García (for Whelan 71) Lennon (for Woodburn 84')
    Brewitt and Firth

Klopp was watching at Prenton Park

I think the one of the huge advantages of having Mane is that it should allow us to play with Firmino and another (out and out) forward in the front 3.

Firmino all going well should be better this season than last with the debut PL season under his belt. There's a Suarezesqueness about him I reckon :)

I doubt there are any/many Man City fans lurking so I'm sure I'll offend/upset no one by saying that Mane is better than Sterling ever was for us.

Sturridge is Sturridge and Origi might/should crack on and become very close to or get to be a goal every 2 games PL striker. Ings in the reckoning too over the course of a season.

I'd like (most of us would) to see Sheyi Ojo get some gametime if Mane isn't available, even 30 mins if not starting. Probably not realistic to expect him to come in for 100% ACON cover but Mane is showing what real width brings to the party. To be fair to the transfer committee that's why they fancied Markovic no doubt.

Stewart pulling double duty.

Goody Two Shoes Stewart they call him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    I think the one of the huge advantages of having Mane is that it should allow us to play with Firmino and another (out and out) forward in the front 3.

Firmino all going well should be better this season than last with the debut PL season under his belt. There's a Suarezesqueness about him I reckon :)

I doubt there are any/many Man City fans lurking so I'm sure I'll offend/upset no one by saying that Mane is better than Sterling ever was for us.

Sturridge is Sturridge and Origi might/should crack on and become very close to or get to be a goal every 2 games PL striker. Ibe in the reckoning too over the course of a season.

I'd like (most of us would) to see Sheyi Ojo get some gametime if Mane isn't available, even 30 mins if not starting. Probably not realistic to expect him to come in for 100% ACON cover but Mane is showing what real width brings to the party. To be fair to the transfer committee that's why they fancied Markovic no doubt.

Ibe was sold.

• Advertisement

Ibe was sold.

Apologies, meant Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Augeo wrote: »

I mean, there's an argument that we'd need a better sample size, but to me, I think at this moment you'd be hard pressed to find many Liverpool supporters who would swap. A lot of our praise for Sterling always concluded with points about his potential and waiting to see him when he was the finished article etc.

I'm so happy to see Mane being such an unpredictable pain in the arse for opposition. What a signing. It's turning from 'expensive punt' into absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sterling at his best for us was excellent also it needs to be said, he left on pretty poor terms and I think his contributions are downplayed as a result, he didn't have the consistency and as a young player its not exactly the worst flaw ever.

Mané is the type of player we missed, pace power and directness is hard to deal with and he also seems to have high energy.....I wasn't sure what to expect, I seen a bit of him at Southampton but he was never this good or at least didn't seem as good? He was always busy but he really looks like he's gone up a level, maybe its just me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sterling at his best for us was excellent also it needs to be said, he left on pretty poor terms and I think his contributions are downplayed as a result, he didn't have the consistency and as a young player its not exactly the worst flaw ever.

Thing the move to city was too big for him. He looked really poor yesterday against utd constantly giving the ball away

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thing the move to city was too big for him. He looked really poor yesterday against utd constantly giving the ball away

I think it may be a consistency thing......he played well in the other opening games by all accounts, at least from what I heard and highlights I seen maybe someone else can comment on that but he's still young and is decent, it remains to be seen if he can up his game on a more consistent basis.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Really impressed with Mane, starting to think he was a v good signing. still early days though.

Maybe our best Southampton signing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Apparently Mane was like this at the start of last season as well and then he disappeared for 3 months so we'll see. But so far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Remember when Firmino was a hairdresser who was going to be loaned out last Christmas?

Good times.

Personally I always expected big things from Firminho and from Mane for the record. Was very excited by Mane's signing in paticular from the moment we were linked with him.
    As for the defence, they just keep letting me down. I predcited 4-2 or 4-3 in the Arsenal game but stupidly didn't put any money either at 125/1 and 175/1 so felt ill at full time. To avoid this I put money on the same score lines for Leicester at 125/1 and 175/1 respectively. That's the day the defence doesn't let in a second or third!!? Oh lovely. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Apparently Mane was like this at the start of last season as well and then he disappeared for 3 months so we'll see.

Jaysus, The African Cup Of Nations is a long aul slog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mormank wrote: »
    Personally I always expected big things from Firminho and from Mane for the record. Was very excited by Mane's signing in paticular from the moment we were linked with him.
    As for the defence, they just keep letting me down. I predcited 4-2 or 4-3 in the Arsenal game but stupidly didn't put any money either at 125/1 and 175/1 so felt ill at full time. To avoid this I put money on the same score lines for Leicester at 125/1 and 175/1 respectively. That's the day the defence doesn't let in a second or third!!? Oh lovely. :(

I think it was always evident with Firmino that he has the potential to be something special. Even in the initial couple of games it took him to get going there were flashes of it there. And I think most people noticed it. He did come in for some criticism (and still does, he can be sloppy with simple passes) because people didn't realise the defensive shift he was putting in and just wanted flair but the 'hairdresser who will be loaned out' was comedy hyperbole at its finest.

Also seems to be a few jumping from the Sturridge bandwagon to the Bobby bandwagon recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mosstin wrote: »
    View from the stands....
    That was wonderful to watch. Or football in tight situations - with Firmino at the hub of everything - was wonderful. Some of Firmino's touches were filthy.
    Henderson was excellent yesterday, rarely gave the ball away and, finally, commanded things. Wijnaldum was neat and tidy, linked well with defence and attack.
    Back 4 was solid, largely untroubled and Mig made a vital save at a key moment. Milner was impressive and Matip looks very assured.
    Our attacking play was sensational at times - this was a team that only lost a couple of games last year and we blew them away.
    Firmino is amazing to watch in the flesh - a constant blur of motion, superb touches and top notch game intelligence.
    Sturridge missed two very presentable chances but worked hard and made some great unselfish runs - something he doesn't always get credit for.
    Lallana - who, admittedly, gets on my nerves at times - was excellent, particularly in the second half.
    Schmeichel saved them from a pummeling yesterday. We were a pleasure to watch.
    Nice to read that a second time:)

Apparently Mane was like this at the start of last season as well and then he disappeared for 3 months so we'll see. But so far so good.

Well he is gonna disappear for a month in January anyway. :(
    Although I can't claim to have watched every Southampton game last season I did watch all their highlights and a few of their games and Mane could be very hot and cold for them at times. He was like the little girl with a curl, when he was off he was off and when he was on he was fantastic. I think that our team are built and play in a way that suits Manes attributes alot more than Southampton, in fact we downright rely on it in some games. Don't see him having the same problem with us this season where he goes missing for so long. No chance and he will easily get 15 goals or more for us in the league if he stays fit. That's right, I said easily! :cool:

As long as Mane, Firmino, Lallana, Coutinho all don't blow cold at the same time we should be ok if they take turns.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think it was always evident with Firmino that he has the potential to be something special. Even in the initial couple of games it took him to get going there were flashes of it there. And I think most people noticed it. He did come in for some criticism (and still does, he can be sloppy with simple passes) because people didn't realise the defensive shift he was putting in and just wanted flair but the 'hairdresser who will be loaned out' was comedy hyperbole at its finest.

Also seems to be a few jumping from the Sturridge bandwagon to the Bobby bandwagon recently.

Oh I understand the satire, don't worry. ;)
    What always impressed me the most about Firminho tbh was his tenacity. It was plain to see from the highlights of him at Hoffenheim and it is plain to see now too imo. For such a slight footballer too. It was for this reason that I labelled him as Suarez lite. However as you alluded to he does give away possession fairly easily at times with sloppy passes etc so in fact he reminds me more of a better version of Luis Garcia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was up the back of the main stand yesterday. The view is unbelievable. Hard to believe you're sitting in the same stadium as last year. They've done an amazing job on it and I can't wait till the anfield road end is done. Very very impressed with everything, the outside, the inside, the whole structure just oozes class.

Guess you could say that for the team yesterday too. Great performance. Matip and Lucas were outstanding i thought. Sad to see him give away the goal but Lucas responded brilliantly. Dunno if they showed it on TV but the Leicester fans had a "don't buy the sun" flag yesterday as well, which was a great touch from them.

All in all a great home coming. Let's take it to Chelsea Friday night now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Meltdown over the fence even claiming Alan Shearer is a bottler for not joining United and never playing in the champions league when he has at least one Champions League goal so dunno how that is possible lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Meltdown over the fence even claiming Alan Shearer is a bottler for not joining United and never playing in the champions league when he has at least one Champions League goal so dunno how that is possible lol

Same old, same old. One of them's even had a meltdown in the humour thread because how dare anyone say a word against his team. Lol. :pac:

So we'll be temporarily at least 2nd if we beat Chelsea by 2 next Friday, repeating last season's result (unless Everton win by 3+ tomorrow night). I don't expect it,and it'll be a very difficult game, but 10 points from those opening 5 games would be great. 8 points would be good even, but I'm looking forward to it anyhow as I think it is the type of game we will do pretty well in.

The highs are great, the lows awful. Being a Liverpool supporter really is like being on drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Took Balotelli just 8 minutes to open his account in France.

It was a Nice penalty too.:p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement