Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

Turtyturd wrote: »

Also seems to be a few jumping from the Sturridge bandwagon to the Bobby bandwagon recently.

I'd start Sturridge instead of Firmino as a lone striker in most games.

The Firmino can't play with Sturridge bandwagon is fair empty after yesterday, 'twas only ever the one on it anyway iirc.

Getting your courage back a tad I see turdy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

5starpool wrote: »
    So we'll be temporarily at least 2nd if we beat Chelsea by 2 next Friday, repeating last season's result (unless Everton win by 3+ tomorrow night). I don't expect it,and it'll be a very difficult game, but 10 points from those opening 5 games would be great. 8 points would be good even, but I'm looking forward to it anyhow as I think it is the type of game we will do pretty well in.

The highs are great, the lows awful. Being a Liverpool supporter really is like being on drugs.

In the eternal words of Huey Lewis and the News, "I wanna new drug".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Apparently Mane was like this at the start of last season as well and then he disappeared for 3 months so we'll see. But so far so good.

Southampton went a bit crap in general around that time IIRC, whether that was much down to Mane I don't know.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane fell out with Koeman or vice versa last season as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't see the relationship improving much when we beat them in the derbies this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

martyos121 wrote: »
    Same old, same old. One of them's even had a meltdown in the humour thread because how dare anyone say a word against his team. Lol. :pac:
    One poor lad even posted a selfie.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

K-9 wrote: »
    Southampton went a bit crap in general around that time IIRC, whether that was much down to Mane I don't know.

I don't know either to be honest...I'm just going on a conversation I was reading on Twitter. Quite a few people were saying it. If there was a falling out then that would make sense. He's been bloody great so far and long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane is like the male version of Sterling
    Sterling was crap yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Another goal for Balotelli.

I don't know either to be honest...I'm just going on a conversation I was reading on Twitter. Quite a few people were saying it. If there was a falling out then that would make sense. He's been bloody great so far and long may it continue.

Mane did a Sakho on it and turned up late for a meeting and Koeman dropped him this happened last December and at the time most papers ran with him leaving in January for utd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mane did a Sakho on it and turned up late for a meeting and Koeman dropped him this happened last December and at the time most papers ran with him leaving in January for utd.

I see. Hadn't heard that before. Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But they didn't want him anyway?

Dunno how that player trying to piss him off didn't get two yellows there.

But they didn't want him anyway?

utd were ready to swap Memphis? (We got lucky with that transfer) I think & cash for him.

He said himself he turned them down for Liverpool :D

But of course they never wanted him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dunno how Balo worked up a sweat after only 7 mins. He also got their second

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

when a man is tired of london he is tired of life

Hope we have a buy back clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

utd were ready to swap Memphis? (We got lucky with that transfer) I think & cash for him.

He said himself he turned them down for Liverpool :D

But of course they never wanted him.

Bullet dodged on The Pie alright. Although at the rate Mourinho is f*cking players under the bus over there he might be back in the team soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    There are many things to say about that season, but to distil it down to us not winning the league because we drew too many is far too simplistic.
    The truth is that it is that simple. We drew 7 games at Anfield that season. In contrast, Man Utd drew a total of 5 games all season.

The number of draws in the first half of the season meant that the team needed to win the last 15 games to win the title. We won 12, drew 2, lost 1 and finished 4 points short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One poor lad even posted a selfie.:)

Seems you can't say any thing its all but we did not get beat by Burnley, they are acting like their hero :pac:

ronaldotantrum.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That's Bafé Gomis isn't it? Was at Swansea last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Talisman wrote: »
    The truth is that it is that simple. We drew 7 games at Anfield that season. In contrast, Man Utd drew a total of 5 games all season.

The number of draws in the first half of the season meant that the team needed to win the last 15 games to win the title. We won 12, drew 2, lost 1 and finished 4 points short.

To this day the best run of games I've witnessed since following the reds. Imo topped the 13/14 title run in and 00/01 to a lesser extent. Sensational they were.

Our front 3 is most Dynamic in league, closest thing to Barca's front 3 , except we have 5 to pick the 3 from.

Our front 3 is most Dynamic in league, closest thing to Barca's front 3 , except we have 5 to pick the 3 from.

The comedy lads are piling into the Barcenal mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Behave yourself. If we had we would be playing Tuesday or Wednesday

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Talisman wrote: »

Sure you could say that about any season. If we had lost another couple of games and finished 3rd people would have been saying it was a decent season.

It's like people saying that we blew it by losing that 3 goals lead vs Palace in 13/14 when it was ultimately blown before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Apparently Mane was like this at the start of last season as well and then he disappeared for 3 months so we'll see. But so far so good.

Goodie, he'll be raring to go for our title run in.
    Glico Man wrote: »
    In the eternal words of Huey Lewis and the News, "I wanna new drug".

I also like, 'happy to be stuck with you'

OT.

The meltdown video in the humour thread is well worth watching if you need a good laugh tonight.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Behave yourself. If we had we would be playing Tuesday or Wednesday

We have Mane and Sturridge is fit. Also have a progressive Firmino and Countino . We have more flair than Chelsea , Man U , Arsenal, Man City and Spurs when it comes to the front 3. We are very Barcelona like in that position . Our play up there is quite brilliant at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Although at the rate Mourinho is f*cking players under the bus over there he might be back in the team soon enough.

4 games is all it it took. He's getting more efficient at being him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah feck it, going to have to go into the humour thread now ye feckers.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We have Mane and Sturridge is fit. Also have a progressive Firmino and Countino . We have more flair than Chelsea , Man U , Arsenal, Man City and Spurs when it comes to the front 3. We are very Barcelona like in that position . Our play up there is quite brilliant at times.

We need a plan B for when Mane is absent though. As was evienced against Burnley - and he'll be missing for a few weeks when the African Cup of Nations is on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sadio Mane goal v Arsenal voted goal of the month on MOTD.

Worth another look

To be honest all 8 goals could have been Liverpool goals, scruffy taps ins seem to be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I have a feeling Riola's plan for Balo is to use this year to get him to PSG next year. He's got contacts there already of course, and if Balo can be coaxed to do the business for a season, they'll be pushing for a deal. PSG a little light at centre forward as it is with Zlatan leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thought they were awesome this week. If they play like that not many teams will be able to live with them. Unfortunately, I do think they're either going to be very very good or very very Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Just watching the U23s highlights (on LFCTV Go, will keep an eye out for a free copy elsewhere).

Woodburn and Alexander Arnold the stand out players for me. Both have that something extra - not just pace and skill, but a cleverness about how they play, and a drive. Woodburn REALLY reminds me of Owen, even they way he moves with the ball, and TAA is pure quality, should be out back-up RB ahead of Randall (who did ok at LB funnily enough...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

OT.

The meltdown video in the humour thread is well worth watching if you need a good laugh tonight.

That lad's not well in the head!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I have a feeling Riola's plan for Balo is to use this year to get him to PSG next year. He's got contacts there already of course, and if Balo can be coaxed to do the business for a season, they'll be pushing for a deal. PSG a little light at centre forward as it is with Zlatan leaving.

Indeed, and they have form with Ben Arfa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Saw a bit of that video and it looks like he has some sort of illness maybe. Not being funny saying that, genuinely think he has some sort of illness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Saw a bit of that video and it looks like he has some sort of illness maybe. Not being funny saying that, genuinely think he has some sort of illness.
    Yeah, the lad's not well.

But he did post the video himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Was up in the new main stand yesterday and I have to say it is immense. They've made a fine job of it

Took some pics of the occasion: http://imgur.com/a/upxLX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Obviously, sure he supports United :P

x43r0 wrote: »
    Was up in the new main stand yesterday and I have to say it is immense. They've made a fine job of it

Great pics the view of the pitch looks awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jaysus, lads, I must have missed us signing Sadio Messi over the last few weeks... :P

Naturally, I'm delighted with how he has played so far but it wasn't long ago that we were all calling his consistency into question. Let's maybe wait a few more weeks/months before proclaiming him to be the second coming.

His first 3 games he has added pace and power which was desperately lacking in our attack, and added goals and assists too so we can all be thrilled there.

For balance, last season Mané ended the season with 6 goals in his last five games. Scored 15 in total having gotten 10 the season before - all very, very positive.

But, he was dropped to the bench in the midst of a 15 game barren spell in the middle of the season - no goals and no assists during that run. Now, despite this falling out with Koeman (tbf I think it was more of a disciplinary procedure rather than their relationship dissolving), he still featured in 37 of Southampton's 38 games last year. The barren run had also happened the previous season - five months without an assist, goals dried up too. There's a reason that Southampton fans will tell you he only likes playing in the sunshine...

EDIT: Interestingly, both bad spells started on December 28th - maybe we'll skip it because he'll be at the AFCON?

I'm hoping that with Klopp's coaching, playing with Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho, etc that we won't see a drop off in form. He certainly has the attributes to succeed at the top level so we'll keep positive.

And, finally, the comparisons with Sterling are pretty stupid IMO. We're comparing a 24 year old to an 18/19 year old (when he was with us). Players at completely different stages of their development playing in completely different sides with different managers.

Sterling has looked a player reborn until Pep. He had a quieter game against United on Saturday but, even then, he showed signs of life that had been missing last season. He still has weaknesses - I lost count of the amount of times he under hit a pass, for e.g. - but he is surrounded with the right players and staff to really come on. If Guardiola is happy to play him, then maybe it's time we all stopped with the 'it was too soon/he isn't good enough', etc.

x43r0 wrote: »

What was the noise like within the stand? I wasn't sure about that dipped angle on the roof but I imagine it reflects the sound back down to accentuate the din.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On Mane, while he will probably go through a more inconsistent and barren spell, in a team like Liverpool there are thankfully different options who can come in and offer something better than Southampton might have had. Also, I think someone like him is likely to be less prone in a team like Liverpool than at Southampton where expectation won't be as high (although performances generally have over the course of the last 2 seasons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

What was the noise like within the stand? I wasn't sure about that dipped angle on the roof but I imagine it reflects the sound back down to accentuate the din.

When is was loud I found it almost deafening. As loud as I've ever heard it in the main stand. I think you could be right about the roof

In between chants you'd hear a pin drop but that was more so the entire stadium to be fair (i.e. after the Lucas incident)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

https://twitter.com/AntoGriezmann/status/774654345577103360

It's been a long time since I done French in school but to me that looks like Anto wants to play along side Sturridge.

• Advertisement

I think that's "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement