Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Colemania wrote: »
    Right winger!

Gareth Bale MKII :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah, he's still the best RB in the league but it's a different league now...:pac:

A league of his own? His best footballing quality was his facial hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Luis is a "Beautiful" man so say the Celtic manager today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like Terry is out for Friday. Luiz in for him I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like Terry is out for Friday. Luiz in for him I presume.

Great, Luiz to score a worldie free kick and man of the match performance on his return debut to Stamford Bridge and then be Side Show Bob again for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/LFCImpulse/status/775362706526265346/video/1

An example of a counter-pressing sequence by @LFC, how it happened, and what are the benefits from it

A bit on the plans for the development of the Anfield road end. Seemingly, outline planning permission exists but the final plans must be submitted before September of next year. It should mean a start date of 2019.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/anfield-road-end-phase-two-anfield-expansion/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A bit on the plans for the development of the Anfield road end. Seemingly, outline planning permission exists but the final plans must be submitted before September of next year. It should mean a start date of 2019.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/anfield-road-end-phase-two-anfield-expansion/

Another few years of Harry uploading photos of the incremental building process, and some Sakho helping out jokes thrown in for good measure.

What a time to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Speaking of Bale, anyone catch the U23 higlights? Trent Alexander Arnold is just starting to look like a right sided version was as quick as a flash to spot a space to run into and offer an option. Ben Woodburn was of course on fire, all four goals are quality and they could have had 10 by full time with a little more accuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Can't believe two and a quarter years later this is being discussed!

Hey man, like it or not 2014 was the only real title challenge I have experienced as a Liverpool fan (no, 2009 doesn't count as we were never really in that, we were just the best of the rest) so I'm gonna be talking about it till the next one at least! Not all of us were lucky enough to live through the glory years. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

https://twitter.com/LFCImpulse/status/775362706526265346/video/1

An example of a counter-pressing sequence by @LFC, how it happened, and what are the benefits from it

interesting to see how quickly everyone moves towards the player being passed to - it's like a starters pistol went off they're so in sync.

Playing devil's advocate though, what always worries me is if that guy plays a one touch pass in the empty space--

396924.png

--Then 7 of our players are out of the game with that one pass. Leaving a 3 on 3. I'm always just a bit worried about pressing hard every time, as even if there isn't a direct line of sight pass to a player, there's always a pass free into space for them to bypass our press. Have to figure that over time opposition players will be told to avoid our press by quickly playing it forward into space first time.

I'm not sure there's a better way to do it though, and I do love watching our high tempo high pressing approach.

Speaking of Bale, anyone catch the U23 higlights? Trent Alexander Arnold is just starting to look like a right sided version was as quick as a flash to spot a space to run into and offer an option. Ben Woodburn was of course on fire, all four goals are quality and they could have had 10 by full time with a little more accuracy.

We even won the shots against the woodwork competition 3-1.

The U23 look like a very entertaining team, I love the fast passing game they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Check out @LFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/775784036996308992?s=09

The one you've been waiting for - control @Roberto_Firmino's - touch yourself...

Oops, misread it a bit...

'Louie'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Louie'

hqdefault.jpg

Ha! Barca still second to Liverpool in Europe!

Ha! Barca still second to Liverpool in Europe!

We'd have beaten that record if we played Celtic tonight considering how badly we beat Barcelona a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We'd have beaten that record if we played Celtic tonight considering how badly we beat Barcelona a few weeks ago.
    'Celtic get Rodgersed by Barca'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In other previous manager news, Rafa's Newcastle won 0-6 at Loftus road tonight, their 5th clean sheet in a row and they're now only 1pt behind mighty Huddersfield at the top of the tabl.e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    interesting to see how quickly everyone moves towards the player being passed to - it's like a starters pistol went off they're so in sync.

Playing devil's advocate though, what always worries me is if that guy plays a one touch pass in the empty space--

396924.png

--Then 7 of our players are out of the game with that one pass. Leaving a 3 on 3. I'm always just a bit worried about pressing hard every time, as even if there isn't a direct line of sight pass to a player, there's always a pass free into space for them to bypass our press. Have to figure that over time opposition players will be told to avoid our press by quickly playing it forward into space first time.

I'm not sure there's a better way to do it though, and I do love watching our high tempo high pressing approach.

I agree the counter is a risk with the press, but Klopp knows that, thats why he says they have to do it "in the right moment".

The system has to have players with a bit of game intelligence to work. That's why players like Lallana and Firmino are flourishing, and why Wijnaldum and Matip should do well (Stewart too).

Gegen means 'against', so 'gegen-pressing' kinda means to 'against-press' but more like 'counter press'. So the attacking football is supposed to make the opposition play and that opens the space - for you strike in "the right moment"!

Gbear wrote: »
    In other previous manager news, Rafa's Newcastle won 0-6 at Loftus road tonight, their 5th clean sheet in a row and they're now only 1pt behind mighty Huddersfield at the top of the tabl.e

Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saw that they will absolutely walk that league.

Newcastle thread is interesting reading. Shelvey scored a feckin beaut there. Rafa is doing it.

• Advertisement

They'll be a very solid team next season under him, providing they do actually go ahead and get promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A Huddersfield team managed by David Wagner, a good friend and former colleague of Jurgen Klopp. :)

Huddersfield lost tonight - they were hard to beat previously but unlike Liverpool are not scoring enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    They'll be a very solid team next season under him, providing they do actually go ahead and get promoted.

They really shouldn't have any problems. They have premier league finances, probably on paper the best team by a reasonable distance, and the best manager also. The Championship is a very unpredictable league though and it won't be plain sailing, but they really are very much odds on to go back up I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    They really shouldn't have any problems. They have premier league finances, probably on paper the best team by a reasonable distance, and the best manager also. The Championship is a very unpredictable league though and it won't be plain sailing, but they really are very much odds on to go back up I'd imagine.

And fair play to Rafa for taking on the challenge and sticking with it when they dropped down. If he gets them promoted, he's given funds to strengthen and Ashley and Co stay out of his way Rafa could be a hero in Newcastle for years to come.

Lot's of if's and but's there though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm in Canada and the game is at 3 o clock when I'm supposed to be working. How though of these ****en Friday games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Huddersfield lost tonight - they were hard to beat previously but unlike Liverpool are not scoring enough.

Ward at fault for the goal, howler! Not a good night for our on loan keepers!

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm in Canada and the game is at 3 o clock when I'm supposed to be working. How though of these ****en Friday games

We have our first nominee of the season for, "call in dead", folks!

A few nuggets of Shankly wisdom:)

http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/1269

And fair play to Rafa for taking on the challenge and sticking with it when they dropped down. If he gets them promoted, he's given funds to strengthen and Ashley and Co stay out of his way Rafa could be a hero in Newcastle for years to come.

Lot's of if's and but's there though!!

It will be interesting to see what happens. I got a ban from here before for voicing my opinion of Ashley but let's just say I don't like him, he's not a nice man ;)

Rafa notoriously took Hicks and Gillet to task so he won't spare any blushes if he's not happy with the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Rafa notoriously took Hicks and Gillet to task so he won't spare any blushes if he's not happy with the board.
    And Ashely etc knew that before he signed up plus they chased him to stay on during the summer plus Rafa is probably still sore from the way the Real Madrid hierarchy interfered in his team selection so all in all I'd say Rafa has thrashed out a structure and set of boundaries which both Ashley and he are (for the moment at least) prepared to work within.

Ashley has tried the interfering strategy and it cost him, hopefully he'll allow Rafa to do what he does best for a few years. Would love to see a Rafa manged Newcastle back up in the top 6 of the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Oh good man Moreno - you've got rid of the top knot.

WAE77za.jpg

What will you do now?

zAcYobW.jpg

Oh.

Going for the Messi look. Maybe we should throw him on as a right winger on Friday. See what happens.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Going for the Messi look. Maybe we should throw him on as a right winger on Friday. See what happens.

He should grow a beard too, then we can just covertly kidnap Messi and put Moreno in his place. Surely no one would notice, everyone would just think Klopp was a genius for moving Moreno further up the pitch and that Messi at full back was useless, as you'd expect anyhow.

It's amazing how Messi bleaches his hair and then everyone does it.

Embarrassing for them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Umaro wrote: »
    Oh good man Moreno - you've got rid of the top knot.

What will you do now?

zAcYobW.jpg

Oh.

Wonder what she sees in him . Usually girls like that don't go for clueless men who dress like it's up to them to set trends.
    Must be something else. Moreno pulling a duck face.
    He's more of a **** face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Wonder what she sees in him . Usually girls like that don't go for clueless men who dress like it's up to them to set trends.

"Girls like that"? You know her? Is she bookish and introverted then? :)

Anyway, since when has cluelessness ever been an issue for millionaire footballers when it comes to the opposite sex? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Firmino Vs Leicester

Mane Vs Leicester

Lallana Vs Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

garra wrote: »
    "Girls like that"? You know her? Is she bookish and introverted then? :)

Anyway, since when has cluelessness ever been an issue for millionaire footballers when it comes to the opposite sex? :p

I think Moreno is quickly descending into 'File under Enrique' status....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's not quite as good at football as we'd like, but christ, that's a bit uncalled for...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why is it called the Messi look.

It's the Gazza, the fooking Gazza look.

Ramsey did it first, not only is he the best midfielder in the PL but he sets trends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Steve Nicol will be on Off the Ball tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Why is it called the Messi look.

It's the Gazza, the fooking Gazza look.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm not sure the translation for the Spanish; but im presuming it's something to do with signing up to a course in defending (online).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Technically he wasnt the first so, hes just copying Rambo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement