Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Going for the Messi look. Maybe we should throw him on as a right winger on Friday. See what happens.
    5starpool wrote: »
    He should grow a beard too, then we can just covertly kidnap Messi and put Moreno in his place. Surely no one would notice, everyone would just think Klopp was a genius for moving Moreno further up the pitch and that Messi at full back was useless, as you'd expect anyhow.
    :eek::eek: I think Klopp already has the kidnap underway.
    Moreno came on as a forward against Leicester. Rodgers was in Barcelona working undercover for LFC last night to help with the swap. All this talk from Rodgers about Suarez being a beautiful human being was a decoy.
    I expect a Moreno/Messi hatrick against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doesn't matter who bleached their hair first, the important thing to remember is that Ramsey did it fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter who bleached their hair first, the important thing to remember is that Ramsey did it fourth.

And a celebrity died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And a celebrity died.

Not sure if the double entendre was intended, but nice. Niiiice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

The duck face is worse than the dyed hair lmao.
    Agreed with the enrique comment. Same position even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Wonder what she sees in him . Usually girls like that don't go for clueless men who dress like it's up to them to set trends.
    Must be something else. Moreno pulling a duck face.
    He's more of a **** face.

I think Mrs. Merton said it best when she asked Debbie Mc Gee "So what was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dahoud playing against City tonight for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dahoud playing against City tonight for anyone interested.

Is he playing? I'm watching the goals programme on BT and City look to be walking through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jaysus, this is likely to cause an argument:D

Liverpool FC have made more from player sales since 2010 than any other club in Europe

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/liverpool-fc-made-player-sales-since-2010-club-europe/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool FC have made more from player sales since 2010 than any other club in Europe

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/liverpool-fc-made-player-sales-since-2010-club-europe/

Nearly half of that is made up of Suarez, Torres and Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

D'oh read thread before posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

While its good business, its not something as supporters we should celebrate when you look at what we've won and our league finishes in that time frame. Basically we sold our best players and failed to replace them.

While the financial side of the football is important, I'm not an accountant and will never be excited by sale profit etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

martyos121 wrote: »

article-1379646-005C92C400000258-657_468x407.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that net or gross?

Also poor Porto.

https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/776161709832691712

Klopp clearly wants runners in midfield rather than one sitting player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was chasing shadows all evening thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »
    While its good business, its not something as supporters we should celebrate when you look at what we've won and our league finishes in that time frame. Basically we sold our best players and failed to replace them.

While the financial side of the football is important, I'm not an accountant and will never be excited by sale profit etc

Not something to take offence at to be honest, Liverpool happen to have players who could all fetch a premium for different reasons at different times - it's not as if the club forced a manager to clear the decks and buy in kids. They make their choices and live or die by the result.
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is that net or gross?

Also poor Porto.

They must be furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its pretty sweet we're playing Chelsea on Friday. That's gonna be a fůcking cracker!

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/776161709832691712

Klopp clearly wants runners in midfield rather than one sitting player.

Just don't see whose place he takes. He does effectively the same thing Wij, Henderson and Can do.

And it seems Klopp wants a sitting player who is also a runner, since that's what he plays fairly consistently. One of the 2 is always in the more defensive position. So far this season it's been Henderson. Will likely be Can when he's back.

If we buy Dahoud, it would seem likely that'd he'd replace the other option - Henderson or Wij, which is what makes me think that it was a case of Dahoud OR Wijnaldum, rather than both.

loan watch

J. Flannagan Full back Burnley Unused Sub in 1-1 draw with Hull

R. Kent Winger Barnsley 62 mins in 2-1 away win over Preston NE and 82 mins in 4-0 win over Wolves. Barnsley are goal kings of the Championship, he needs to join in more!

D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield full games away at Leeds (1-0 win) and Brighton away (1-0 loss)

R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield Full game against Oldham Ath 0-0

L . Jones Centre back Swindon - 62 mins and two yellows so sent off in 2-0 away defeat.

S. Hart Left Back Port Vale Unused sub in 2-2 draw

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe - 82 mins in 1-5 defeat by Doncaster Rvs. After a bright start its four defeats in last five.

Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin On bench unused sub in 0-2 away win against Ingolstadt

T. Awoniyi Stiker NEC Nijmegen 72 mins in 4-0 thrashing by PSV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not something to take offence at to be honest

Was that how it came across? Was just making an observation which was stating I have little interest in profits when we lose our best players and are unable to replace them basically.....and in general we do try to replace them with the money just to clarify....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Who do Burnley have that Flanno cant get a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

J Mysterio wrote: »

A decent manager. Amirite?

loan watch

J. Flannagan Full back Burnley Unused Sub in 1-1 draw with Hull

R. Kent Winger Barnsley 62 mins in 2-1 away win over Preston NE and 82 mins in 4-0 win over Wolves. Barnsley are goal kings of the Championship, he needs to join in more!

D. Ward Goalkeeper Huddersfield full games away at Leeds (1-0 win) and Brighton away (1-0 loss)

R. Fulton Goalkeeper Chesterfield Full game against Oldham Ath 0-0

L . Jones Centre back Swindon - 62 mins and two yellows so sent off in 2-0 away defeat.

S. Hart Left Back Port Vale Unused sub in 2-2 draw

J. Dunn Forward Morecambe - 82 mins in 1-5 defeat by Doncaster Rvs. After a bright start its four defeats in last five.

Allan Midfielder Hertha Berlin On bench unused sub in 0-2 away win against Ingolstadt

T. Awoniyi Stiker NEC Nijmegen 72 mins in 4-0 thrashing by PSV.

Has Markovic played at all yet this season?

Its pretty sweet we're playing Chelsea on Friday. That's gonna be a fůcking cracker!

Yea, but has potential to ruin the weekend at a very early stage. A loss would be awful , and a long wait to play another league game.
    I think we can trouble them, Terry is out.
    We just might need to out score Costa to win .

Yea, but has potential to ruin the weekend at a very early stage. A loss would be awful , and a long wait to play another league game.
    I think we can trouble them, Terry is out.
    We just might need to out score Costa to win .

Have a feeling we'll need 3.

Has Markovic played at all yet this season?

No idea! He's dropped off my radar mainly because I'm certain that, like Wisdom at RB Salzburg he'll be offloaded at the end of the season (and yes I know Andre will be a free agent)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just don't see whose place he takes. He does effectively the same thing Wij, Henderson and Can do.

And it seems Klopp wants a sitting player who is also a runner, since that's what he plays fairly consistently. One of the 2 is always in the more defensive position. So far this season it's been Henderson. Will likely be Can when he's back.

If we buy Dahoud, it would seem likely that'd he'd replace the other option - Henderson or Wij, which is what makes me think that it was a case of Dahoud OR Wijnaldum, rather than both.
    Not seen that much of Dahoud. Did not see the game tonight but from what I saw in 2-3 games he looks better technically than what we have in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

So Joe Gomez is about a month away from training - any opinions in him? seems to be hyped up a bit - I dont recall being too blown away from his decent brief showings last year.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not seen that much of Dahoud. Did not see the game tonight but from what I saw in 2-3 games he looks better technically than what we have in midfield.

That's another reason I think of it as being him or Wijnaldum.

That's the aspect you would expect Wijnaldum to bring to CM once he gets move comfortable there. Really think we'll only move for Dahoud if Wijnaldum turns out to be a washout in CM, rather than being a foregone conclusion that we'll be moving for him again next summer.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    So Joe Gomez is about a month away from training - any opinions in him? seems to be hyped up a bit - I dont recall being too blown away from his decent brief showings last year.

He was playing out of position last season though.

He was terrifically solid at the back, athletically gifted, and had a great sense of positioning. But going forward from fullback was very poor. Can't blame him, he's just not an attacker, and isn't left footed, so kept losing the plot a bit once he got past the halfway line, turning in onto his right foot to offload, and killing attacking momentum.

But as a CB, if he can recover fully from his injuries, he looks a great option for the future. It's very rare for a centre back to be at that level at that age - normally start coming into their own at more like 23 or 24. He's still only 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He played against Accrington Stanley in the cup and didn't have a good game. I'd imagine it was down to match fitness. Full backs are Stephen ward and matt lowton ex villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mini-Mannequin.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Flanno hasn't played football in ages consistently, I'd say he needs to get his fitness up before Burnley use him.

I missed the game at the weekend, so I am dying to see us tomorrow night now.
    Chelsea are going to be tough but I think if we keep pressing them and move quickly we can casue them trouble.
    My concern is that if the win the ball and get it up to Willian or Hazard, we will be on the back foot and they could hurt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got my wedding tomorrow but you can be sure I'll be catching as much of the match as possible. Leicester was a great performance but beating Chelsea at the bridge would lay down a big marker and show we are title challengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rob316 wrote: »
    beating Chelsea at the bridge would lay down a big marker and show we are title challengers.

It won't imo, we have no problems against the bigger teams as we saw last season, it's the upcoming games against Hull, WBA, Palace & Swansea that will determine how we do this season. These are the ones where we tend to slip up.

Got my wedding tomorrow but you can be sure I'll be catching as much of the match as possible. Leicester was a great performance but beating Chelsea at the bridge would lay down a big marker and show we are title challengers.

Congrats!

Move the meal/speeches crap to 4pm, be done and dusted by 7.30. First dance rubbish then into the bar by 7.45. Have the sausages/sandwiches/cake at 9.35. EZ game. If you are having a wedding without most of that rigmarole, then fair play to you. I tried to minimise it for my own, but it didn't work out that way. At least I had the sense to organise mine (deliberately) for early July in a summer there was no major tournament on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Congrats!

Move the meal/speeches crap to 4pm, be done and dusted by 7.30. First dance rubbish then into the bar by 7.45. Have the sausages/sandwiches/cake at 9.35. EZ game. If you are having a wedding without most of that rigmarole, then fair play to you. I tried to minimise it for my own, but it didn't work out that way. At least I had the sense to organise mine (deliberately) for early July in a summer there was no major tournament on ;)

Mine is August 2017 before any premiership matches start and no major tournament on. Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kfallon wrote: »
    It won't imo, we have no problems against the bigger teams as we saw last season, it's the upcoming games against Hull, WBA, Palace & Swansea that will determine how we do this season. These are the ones where we tend to slip up.

You're not wrong, but there's no doubt that if we could follow 7 points from games against Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester with 3 against Chelsea, the confidence would go through the roof.

That said, you're spot on - 12 points against Hull, WBA, Palace and Swansea would take us much further than 3 against Chelsea followed by a subsequent slump...

Every season we seem to be able to look back at 3, 4, 5 games that you'd expect to win on paper that we managed to draw or lose. To do well this season, we need to cut out those stupid mistakes.

Be grand, get 15 points from the next 5 games, then 15 points from every 5 games after that. We will probably make top 4 with that form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Weddings are usually afternoon, she be well done and dusted by kick off!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Exactly, by 8pm, it'll be too late for any of her auld whingin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Colemania wrote: »
    Mine is August 2017 before any premiership matches start and no major tournament on. Happy days :D

I booked mine in for end of May 2018

Gonna celebrate that title win in style :cool:

x43r0 wrote: »
    I booked mine in for end of May 2018

Gonna celebrate that title win in style :cool:

Yep, equaling Utd's tally of 20 titles then will be pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Got my wedding tomorrow...

Sorry to hear that mate! Lets hope we win so that you have something positive to remember the day by!
    :)

I bet she will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I got married the day before the Spurs game and had to watch it with a load of mancs and then the Hull game.

I also married a manc.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Congratulations to you both!

Wedding anniversary today so going for a drink (or two!) tonight in an advance celebration of our victory tomorrow night!

And I may have a drink tomorrow night to celebrate your wedding (I'm sure the invitation is just delayed:P).

Enjoy the day, we'll look after the match thread for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I got married the day before the Spurs game and had to watch it with a load of mancs and then the Hull game.

I also married a manc.

:(

Better make sure your kids wear the right type of red. :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement