Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coombe semi private fees plus, is it worth it?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi

Am pg with dc3 and thinking of going semi private this time. Can anyone tell me the fees and also about their experiences?

Went public the last two times. Happy with care but ward was v busy and I ended up staying 7+ days each time! Food terrible too. Has it improved? My last stay was 2011, yikes can't believe we're doing this again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Fees were about 1000. I needed extra scans so cost me about 400 more. Wait times were brutal towards the end. Very busy. If you can't get the first appointment or the last, my wait was 2-3 hrs. Once with a toddler, it was hell!
    My insurance said I could take a single room if one available, but I was in a ward of 5. Thankfully was my second baby and only had to stay one night or I would have gone crazy from lack of sleep.
    Food was ok, not brilliant, you'd survive! No choice you just get what you are given, but everyone gets the same whether public or private.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

I had my baby in coombe last year. Ward had 6 beds. I was in for 5 nights and it was only full on one night. Food was fine, better than I expected. Cereal & toast for breakfast, can't remember lunch, roasts or curry& rice for dinner as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Breakfast was the best part of the day! 8am, cereal, toast, eggs, tea. 11.30 was dinner. One day was salmon and potatoes, other was ham. 4.30 was tea, plate of salads and slice of ham and 2 slices of bread. That was it until breakfast next mornign so I brough granola bars and fruit to get me through breastfeeding at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I availed of the Early Transfer Home scheme, but not before I scoffed a decent enough roast chicken lunch with jelly for dessert. Went public with Domino. No queues, if I arrived early for appt, I was seen early. Got all the scans that were required (they thought I was measuring small, got extra scans, all ok) was in 5 bed ward with other pregnant ladies who were just in for observation. My only complaint was waiting for a pediatrician to discharge herself. Midwives were chasing them all morning, & were a great help. Had no issues with them being too busy, they came around every so often to check on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Thanks everyone :)

Plenty of "food" for thought!!!

I'll probably just go public again. We're going to need a bigger car and it's hard to justify the cost when public is so similar...

• Advertisement
Advertisement