Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New access point ,have 2 problems

Options
  • 06-08-2016 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi i'm having problem with a new setup(i don't have much networking expertise)

I have connected an old Eircom ZyXEL to the main Vodafone Hg658c fibre modem/router

I used a cat5 cable and its working successfully as a switch and separate access point

I seem to have 2 problems .The ps3 won't connect at all wirelessly or wired when the Cat5 connection between the 2 routers is in place.It will connect to the Vodafone router when i remove the link.I'm presuming i need to use a manual setup for the PS3?

I also notice if i change from wired to wireless on the android box i have to reboot to get a connection.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DHCP is probably still on on the Zyxel, you need to turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Thanks for your help

dhcp was off ,dns server was on?

Anyhow i reset the zyxel ,turned off dns and dhcp ,changed the channel and everything now works!

Advertisement