Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice

Options
  • 06-08-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm planning on going back to University some time in the future to study I.T or Technology (Degree) but i'm afraid I'll be to old i'm 39 years old and unemployed. is it wise for me to start down another career path.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Only you can decide for yourself whether it is the right thing to do.

However, as I have said in other similar threads, mature students bring a lot of very valuable life experience to the learning environment. It doesn't matter that you are unemployed, in fact, I would go so far as to say that being unemployed will give you an added incentive to do well.

As for changing career, yes, perhaps you will have to start at the bottom and work your way up, however the IT jobs market is quite buoyant right now and is likely to be for the foreseeable future.

It really depends on your personal circumstances.

Advertisement