Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Community Shield. Leicester vs Manchester United 7/8/16 k/o 4pm BT1.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He accepted the vertical offer to head the ball over the line.

Lol put 'em under pressure so he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Lovely stuff from Tony V, hopefully under Jose he returns to the animal he once was.

Also great to see Zlat get another goal ahead of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hahahaha that was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Valencia with another vertical offer

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Ibra!!!

Enough of your fancy technology

• Advertisement

Valencia smiling with the arm band!!!!

I've seen it all now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Having someone like Zlatan always in the box was always going to be good for a team like United who put in a lot of (often pointless) crosses.

Enough of your fancy technology

With that, I will take my fancy technology elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

pissed off hkmitaryan didnt get a look in today, he should be on the team instead of rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jose does love to sub a sub.

• Advertisement

What a scuffle!!!

De Gea as cool as ever :p

Blow the whistle

• Wahey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lingaard celebrating with all the United players and then walks straight past Rooney :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not a great game, draw probably would have been fair enough. Bailly was good for United, can see him getting a few red cards this season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Think I'll give these match threads a miss if AIG is just going to be in here trying to prove his Mourinho theories all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Think I'll give these match threads a miss if AIG is just going to be in here trying to prove his Mourinho theories all season.

Sesquipedalien is the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Has Mkhitaryan been injured? Strange bringing him on for 1 minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

MD1990 wrote: »
    Has Mkhitaryan been injured? Strange bringing him on for 1 minute.

It was mentioned somewhere that Mourinho wanted to honour the players that won the Fa Cup final last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It was mentioned somewhere that Mourinho wanted to honour the players that won the Fa Cup final last season

The big bastard.

That's what we get with him.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sorry i forgot the match thread isnt the place to discuss the happenings, tactics and patterns of the match in question. Silly me.

Sorry i forgot the match thread isnt the place to discuss the happenings, tactics and patterns of the match in question. Silly me.

Ok leaving everything else aside everything else you mentioned a term, then someone asked you what you to put it in simpler terms and you went off on the defensice instead of explaining it.

Your refusal to explain makes it seem like you dont want to a discussion, you still have yet to fully clarify what you mean by a vertical offer.

Before today I've never heard of it and would like to know its menaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Ok leaving everything else aside everything else you mentioned a term, then someone asked you what you to put it in simpler terms and you went off on the defensice instead of explaining it.

Your refusal to explain makes it seem like you dont want to a discussion, you still have yet to fully clarify what you mean by a vertical offer.

Before today I've never heard of it and would like to know its menaning.

It is a pretentious way to describe a player making himself available to receive the ball from a team mate that is deeper in their own half...or at least that is what I gathered from this article on vertical passing :o

AIG doesn't want to explain it (despite several people asking) as he would rather laud it over us plebs that he has a mastery and understanding of tactics far greater than any other mere boardise :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Dave0301 wrote: »
    It is a pretentious way to describe a player making himself available to receive the ball from a team mate that is deeper in their own half...or at least that is what I gathered from this article on vertical passing :o

AIG doesn't want to explain it (despite several people asking) as he would rather laud it over us plebs that he has a mastery and understanding of tactics far greater than any other mere boardise :pac:

The phrase vertical offer is not mentioned in that piece either.

Dave0301 wrote: »

To be very honest I would expect anyone posting on a football forum to at least have some knowledge of football terms, and not have the use of one cause many pages of debate and uproar which, in my opinion, is absolutely ludicrous. I would also expect anybody whose first language is English to be able to decipher the meaning of that term given the self-explanatory nature of it. Finally, I really don't think it is my duty to explain such basic terms, if somebody really doesn't know what it means or what vertical passing actually refers to then they should do as you did and look it up. How can you discuss football without a basic knowledge of something as fundamental as vertical passing? I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

To be very honest I would expect anyone posting on a football forum to at least have some knowledge of football terms, and not have the use of one cause many pages of debate and uproar which, in my opinion, is absolutely ludicrous. I would also expect anybody whose first language is English to be able to decipher the meaning of that term given the self-explanatory nature of it. Finally, I really don't think it is my duty to explain such basic terms, if somebody really doesn't know what it means or what vertical passing actually refers to then they should do as you did and look it up. How can you discuss football without a basic knowledge of something as fundamental as vertical passing? I don't get it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The phrase vertical offer is not mentioned in that piece either.

No surprise....its bollix :pac:

Google results for: soccer "vertical offer"
    https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=soccer+%22vertical+offer%22

Google results for: football "vertical offer"
    https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=football+%22vertical+offer%22

Group Vertical 40% Off Coupons, Promo Codes (May 2016)
    https://groupvertical.knoji.com/
    Soccer · Sporting Goods · Sports Injury Products · Surf · Swimming · Tennis · Yoga .... Does Group Vertical offer a mobile app for iPad, iPhone and Android?
    Best Awning blinds geelong football club On the Market - Vinyl Blinds
    vinylblinds.blackoutblinds.info/awning-blinds-geelong-football-club
    A quick breakdown of vital aspects for awning blinds geelong football club. ... High enjoy, textile, vertical plastic black vertical offer wide, factors glass doors.

Top result is the boards.ie question to clarify what it means :)

About 690 results (0.22 seconds)
    Search Results
    2016 Community Shield. Leicester vs Manchester United 7/8/16 k/o ...
    www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057631670?fuid=100599170
    10 hours ago - Home · Topics · Sports · Soccer · Soccer ... like you dont want to a discussion, you still have yet to fully clarify what you mean by a vertical offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mourinho 1 Guardiola 0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

But he played the other new signing?

• Advertisement

• Soups123 wrote: »

Smalling is not fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Soups123 wrote: »

Zlatan had the China tour off... Micky played in that if I remember...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Lads if ye don't know by now that 99% of what he posts is complete BS I don't know what to say! Not worth engaging him on it! I can guarantee he's laughing away that a term he made up is causing such confusion

I only see what people quote as he's on ignore but I can imagine the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

lassykk wrote: »
    Lads if ye don't know by now that 99% of what he posts is complete BS I don't know what to say! Not worth engaging him on it! I can guarantee he's laughing away that a term he made up is causing such confusion

I only see what people quote as he's on ignore but I can imagine the rest!

I've a feeling we won't be hearing these terms for much longer...

Advertisement