Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing address and without ATM card.

Options
  • 06-08-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Two weeks ago I blocked my ATM card as I had a suspicion it was stolen. It happened just a week after moving to Ireland after living abroad for 6 months, so I hadn't updated my address at that stage (was staying at my friend's house). Still, when on the phone with the bank they confirmed they would send new card immediately but I asked them not to because I didn't live there any more. So in order to get the new card to my Irish address I first had to update my address. I logged to 365 and filled in the proper details. Seven days later I received a letter with a code and an envelope which had to be sent back. I can't really understand why I couldn't just phone the bank and read them the code? Would that not be sufficient evidence that I received the letter? I actually phoned the bank. It took 2 minutes to listen to the instructions: if you want this press 1, if you want that pres 2, etc. then 13 minutes of listening to the music, and 1 minute of conversation and finding out that there's nothing they can do. Due to bank holiday on Monday I had to wait till Tuesday with sending the letter back. Today is 14th day since my request to change the address and it still seems to be not updated. And I'm still without my ATM card. Facing 3rd week without one. I wonder how much longer it will take. I'm starting to think that I may get new card quicker if I open a bank account in other bank and get it from there.
    Interesting thing is that I was contacted by a person who lives at my old address that she received the card from the bank for me. Even though I asked the bank not to send it there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi KL74,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear of your experience. As we don't have account access here, we would be unable to check the status of your request.

If you submit a query via Banking 365 'Online Service Desk' and 'Ask a Question' a rep with account access will be happy to look into this further for you and cancel the card that was issued to your old address. 

Thanks, 

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KL74

Thank you for your advise. I will contact the service desk but definitely won't be cancelling the card. I asked the person who lives at my old address to send that card to me and there is a big chance I will get it quicker than my address will be updated. I cannot afford that something will go wrong again and I'll be facing another three weeks without the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KL74

BOI 365 Online Service Desk:
    'Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.

We will endeavour to answer your query, via your secure message inbox, within 1-2 working days.'

Now I could start making bets which will be quicker:
    1. Receiving the card that was sent to the wrong address.
    2. My address updated.
    3. Reply from 'Online Service Desk'

Advertisement