Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lady fingers banana

Options
  • 07-08-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, mods feel free to move it if it's not.

My wife and I were on holiday in Tanzania last year and went to a spice farm where they grow all sorts of different spices, fruits and vegetables. At the end of the tour we were treated to a small feast of their produce including fresh coconuts, oranges, papaya and several varieties of bananas, one of which was "lady fingers".
    Now, I'm not too keen on bananas tbh but these were absolutely delicious. I searched online to try find somewhere that stocks this variety to no avail. I can find them dried but would prefer the fresh kind as they are very very tasty.
    If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

There is no way I'm Googleing '' lady fingers banana '' :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Kat1170 wrote: »
    There is no way I'm Googleing '' lady fingers banana '' :D:D
    I dared to do it, just in the interests of science, you understand, and ... nothing untoward actually :) The first link it came up with was this Wikipedia one ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Finger_banana

Sorry to disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say to try some of the Afro/Caribbean shops.

Advertisement