Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hector on sunday Today Fm

• 07-08-2016 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Hector's new sunday afternoon show starts on Today Fm in a couple of weeks. Will it be popular ? In a recent interview he said that he is really pissed off at how Dan Healy and Paul Russell treated him at 2fm and he believes that if he has given more time, breakfast with hector would now have over 200k listeners.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Augustus Thankful Suspicion

Would people stop giving him work in the entertainment industry, his 15 minutes is long up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Between him and Neil Delamare, its hard to believe Today FM on a sunday used to have a show presented by Sam Smyth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Between him and Neil Delamare, its hard to believe Today FM on a sunday used to have a show presented by Sam Smyth.

I had forgotten Sam used to be on. That was great radio and made me turn it on of a Sunday. WTF happened to Today FM??

Don't listen to anything on Sunday now really except the drama thing on Radio 1 at around 8pm, that can be quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Might be worth listening just for the horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

The sh1t tends to hit the fan when Sam had a boss*, Dennis O'Brien, suing him. The writing is on the wall that you are about to hit the bricks!

edit: *De Facto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll not be tuning in.

Don't want to hear about the parish, the craic, the lads, the GA, schtick, local villages and their crazy characters ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Starts today afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'll not be tuning in.

Don't want to hear about the parish, the craic, the lads, the GA, schtick, local villages and their crazy characters ..............

That was about it................muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Absolute drivel. He's not even a particularly competent presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Broadcastonfm

Absolute drivel. He's not even a particularly competent presenter.

What has happened to Today Fm and why does it think that turning in to another 2fm will make it any better - it's awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I had it on for 20 minutes while channel hopping yesterday on a Sunday drive. Terrible, as to be expected. Full of guff cabbage and bacon up from the country "banter".

He had a caller on live at one point requesting a song and introduced her as "Meghan Traynor" from Kilkenny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another limited in talent TV or radio 'star' in Ireland.

He'll be guaranteed a career for another couple of decades at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rahoo rahoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I was trying to remember how Hector got started.

It was his Hector does show which he did on TG4 which was a breath of fresh air at the time.

I was a fan of the show, not of his recent radio output

His show with Tommy Tiernan was good though - IRadio and 2FM...

Advertisement