Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I record or download Olympic coverage onto my laptop to watch offline?

• 07-08-2016 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭

I'm flying out to Rio on Thursday and will miss pretty much a whole day of action while enroute. Is there a way I can get the previous night's swimming finals onto my laptop which I can then watch on the flight, or is that asking an awful lot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Could be tricky but assuming there's wifi on the flight I imagine it would be possible to access them through catch up on the bbc or nbc websites, using a VPN if necessary, although the logistics of it 30,000 feet up in the sky might be complicated? Otherwise not sure how it could be accomplished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Could be tricky but assuming there's wifi on the flight I imagine it would be possible to access them through catch up on the bbc or nbc websites, using a VPN if necessary, although the logistics of it 30,000 feet up in the sky might be complicated? Otherwise not sure how it could be accomplished.

No WiFi, or live TV. British Airways remains in the Stone Age. Some airlines have live Olympic coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

FFS that's shocking. Doesn't seem possible so. I remember one time you could download stuff off the bbc iplayer but not sure if you could then play it back offline. Iplayer downloader doesn't work for me anymore anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭28064212

There are torrents available of the coverage, e.g. BBC Day 1 From 22:30 to 01:00. However, you can't discuss methods of obtaining them on Boards due to their "questionable" legality (and Ireland's ridiculously unclear technology laws)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement