Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hailo fare

• 07-08-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey.

We were at a house party until the early hours and got home in a taxi booked through my hailo app. My credit card is registered to my account.

Paid the driver in cash when we got home. Fare was just over €40.Then got the email receipt which suggests that the fare was paid by card. I've checked my credit card account and it's not there but transactions can take a while to show up.

I've emailed hailo with the details. Should say it was first time I've used the service although I've the app a while. Also had a few on board so didn't notice if I needed to indicate I'd pay in cash. My fault there. However the driver informed us of the fare on arrival at home and took the cash. They can hardly expect to be paid twice. Maybe the email is automatic.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I did something similar once. Forgot that my account defaulted to card and paid cash. Disputed it with Hailo but got nowhere

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I used my account before for a friend, I had selected credit card, they got their journey and they paid cash, but my card was charged also.
    Contacted hailo the next day had no problems getting the money back from the them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Email Hailo and they'll refund your card. In my experience as a driver there very attentive to this. On drivers app we have a choice of card or cash when the job is a card account. Sometimes customers change their mind and want to pay with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

feardeas wrote: »
    Hey.

We were at a house party until the early hours and got home in a taxi booked through my hailo app. My credit card is registered to my account.

Paid the driver in cash when we got home. Fare was just over €40.Then got the email receipt which suggests that the fare was paid by card. I've checked my credit card account and it's not there but transactions can take a while to show up.

I've emailed hailo with the details. Should say it was first time I've used the service although I've the app a while. Also had a few on board so didn't notice if I needed to indicate I'd pay in cash. My fault there. However the driver informed us of the fare on arrival at home and took the cash. They can hardly expect to be paid twice. Maybe the email is automatic.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Did it say it was paid by card ? For all journeys you get a receipt cash or card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Contact your bank to see if there is a payment pending and ask them to put a hold on it as its in dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

Receipt said card but we paid in cash. Thanks everyone for the replies , I've emailed them and await the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Contact your bank to see if there is a payment pending and ask them to put a hold on it as its in dispute.

I don't think you can 'put a hold on it' - that would be wide open to abuse if the facility existed. Night clubs for starters would be hammered by people disputing bills the next day. OP can investigate the chargeback facility if it comes to it but I would expect Hailo to refund the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

Got email from them today saying they will refund charge on card. Apparently driver should not have asked. Anyway all solved.

Have to say great service in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

feardeas wrote: »
    Got email from them today saying they will refund charge on card. Apparently driver should not have asked. Anyway all solved.

Have to say great service in fairness.

Apart from the bit where you would have been double charged had you not been on the ball and had to chase them up to rectify it?

I wouldn't call that a great service, more like one with a serious flaw in it's implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sarah27

Same thing happened me this weekend. Hoping that Hailo will honour a receipt - makes me reluctant to use the service - think ill try delete my card details and use as cash only. Taxi drivers are notified that you paid by card so this guy knew he was scamming me the weekend (grrr)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sarah27 wrote: »
    Same thing happened me this weekend. Hoping that Hailo will honour a receipt - makes me reluctant to use the service - think ill try delete my card details and use as cash only. Taxi drivers are notified that you paid by card so this guy knew he was scamming me the weekend (grrr)

He also knew that you would see the charge on your credit card and that that charge could be traced back to him so I think you're jumping the gun saying that it was a deliberate scam.

You can book a taxi, say you're going to pay via the credit card registered on your Hailo userid but you could have a gang going home from a session and they all start to chip in cash at which point the person who booked might decide to pay cash rather than stick the fare onto the card, I'm sure that happens all the time.

The charge to your credit card could simply have been a clerical error. I wouldn't start burning bridges and cancelling the card off the account, you could be stuck with no cash some night and need a Hailo taxi to take you home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If you use Uber all payments are via CC only. I know Uber isn't as popular as Hailo here, but the accountability is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sarah27

Having spoken to another taxi driver after using the service for the second time, I was shown how the taxi driver's app shows payment via card and must click to charge it. The driver did this and also took my money when I offered it - not jumping the gun saying I was scammed in my opinion! Not saying the app isn't great - just a crap first experience of it. Also the driver didn't contact me to refund either so clearly he doesn't care that I paid twice - he knew what he was up to imo

Advertisement